What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Times - what the heck? (1 Viewer)

IMO, there is ZERO chance BLM/Antifa would have been out there at all had it been a Hillary Clinton administration.  :shrug:
It would take an army of speed searchers to fact check you.  Maybe you could do us a favor and take 30 seconds or so to do a search before you post.  Just to check and see if there's anything obvious that can be found in 30 seconds that makes what you're saying untrue?  Like, just the basics?  You don't even have to go to page two on Google.

"The movement became nationally recognized for street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans, that of Michael Brown—resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, a city near St. Louis—and Eric Garner in New York City."

IMO, there is ZERO chance BLM/Antifa would have been out there at all had it been a Hillary Clinton administration.  :shrug:
Except the BLM movement started under Obama who was probably a factor in spinning it up.  There is a lot of anti-Trumpism inside the BLM movement, but it was birthed out of a lot of media lies and political rhetoric surrounding the Treyvon Martin case.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would take an army of speed searchers to fact check you.  Maybe you could do us a favor and take 30 seconds or so to do a search before you post.  Just to check and see if there's anything obvious that can be found in 30 seconds that makes what you're saying untrue?  Like, just the basics?  You don't even have to go to page two on Google.

"The movement became nationally recognized for street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans, that of Michael Brown—resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, a city near St. Louis—and Eric Garner in New York City."
hmmmm....fair enough.  I stand corrected.  :thumbup:

Except the BLM movement started under Obama who was probably a factor in spinning it up.  There is a lot of anti-Trumpism inside the BLM movement, but it was birthed out of a lot of media lies and political rhetoric surrounding the Treyvon Martin case.
What would you say the Jan 6th Capitol riots were birthed out of?

His first name was Trayvon, not Treyvon.

I don't have a real dog in this particular fight, but I find the term "whataboutism" is as loaded as all get out and comes from the playbook of the left because they try and maintain the high ground they erroneously claim to have. They want the American rightists to address their sins, and their sins only. It's silly and childish, IMO. Hypocrisy breaches trust in a lot of things, and trust is important in governance and sociopolitical matters. It's unfair to hold two sides to differing standards.

That said, I'm not sure your race/NYT thing narrative is especially enlightening when it comes to people storming the Capitol. Every news station cut to it. It was scary in real time. Imagining one branch of government rendered completely null and void through violent means is something to talk about and be scared of. May they prosecute each of these intruders that aren't mentally ill (and I think a significant portion was either mentally ill or rendered temporarily psychotic) to the fullest.
Storming the capitol is a bit strong.  Now there were people who pushed threw what little security which was present, but there were a lot of people who just calmly walked through open doors and even stood in security lines and had their bags scanned.  There is a faction who were psychopaths who were there to cause mayhem.  But the only gun shots were fired by police.  Had there even been the slightest security preparations this would have never turned into the chaotic event in which it did.  Anyone who assaulted a police officer deserves the book thrown at them.  But for people who went to a protest and entered the building going throw checkpoints, I don't see prosecuting them.  I really don't believe the people who showed up had any plans other than protesting and only through a complete failure to provide any level of security people entered the building.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread