What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

O. Smith rb (1 Viewer)

Onterrio dynasty owner?
It's a legit question. I don't know the answer, but it's the off season now and Onterrio is off suspension next year. He was on my re draft team in 04 and did pretty well. If he can stay off the dope, he might be a better option than Bennett/Moore. We will have to wait and see what the new coach has planned.

It's going to be interesting what the Vikings do with him. He's just about already at his last chance. And I don't just mean with the Vikings. Get busted again, and it's a year suspension I believe, and few teams would risk it with him after he would get cut by Minnesota...

The pragmatist in me says the Vikings will cut Smith, nobody will pick him up, and he'll wind up fulfilling his destiny of being a gas station attendant.

But I've seen too many bad characters get second, third and fourth chances because they have special talent. Smith will be no different. SOMEONE will think they will be the one who can change him into being a trustworthy individual.

Sincerely,

Cecil Collins and Larry Phillips

But I've seen too many bad characters get second, third and fourth chances because they have special talent. Smith will be no different. SOMEONE will think they will be the one who can change him into being a trustworthy individual.
I find it hard to believe that someone from Raider Nation has ever seen anybody with character issues.Sorry, I'm a Bronco fan. I couldn't help myself. lol!

Rarely do young guys like Cecil,Phillips,ect. with serious character flaws change.Chris Henry is a perfect example.I'm not saying that it won't happen with Smith,but I would be amazed if he were even playing or rostered on a team this time next year..

That being said,like mentioned before he has talent and some team if not the Vikes will give him a chance.What he does with it is the big ????

Rarely do young guys like Cecil,Phillips,ect. with serious character flaws change.Chris Henry is a perfect example.I'm not saying that it won't happen with Smith,but I would be amazed if he were even playing or rostered on a team this time next year..

That being said,like mentioned before he has talent and some team if not the Vikes will give him a chance.What he does with it is the big ????
If it is the Vikes who give him another chance, I will lose all respect for Ziggy Wilf. He has been preaching all this "only character guys on this team from now on" stuff. I hope he doesn't back off that stance. I'd be shocked to see O return to the Purple.

Great talent as a runner but will be on a short leash in Minney. Wouldn't be surprised if Denny Green takes a look at him if cut--a low cost option he originally selected (if I recall correctly) that could compete with Arrington...

lawrence phillips got 9000 chances. Onterrio still has some left, he'll land somewhere

If it is the Vikes who give him another chance, I will lose all respect for Ziggy Wilf. He has been preaching all this "only character guys on this team from now on" stuff. I hope he doesn't back off that stance. I'd be shocked to see O return to the Purple.
The "from now on" is key. Wilf has also said a players past is the past. So, I could see them going with OS if they think he can fit their mold AND stay clean.

I wanna say you're wrong but can't think of any players. I'd swear every draft has a slew of character issue players in it. Ahh how about Najeh? Warrick?

IIRC, Smith's contract has now run out, so I believe that would make him a RFA. I'm not sure what level/class the Vikings would consider him in terms of forcing him into a 1-year contract if they actually wanted to keep him.

The pragmatist in me says the Vikings will cut Smith, nobody will pick him up, and he'll wind up fulfilling his destiny of being a gas station attendant.

Sincerely,

Cecil Collins and Larry Phillips
Dear Raider,I think you are being very sarcastic and that's not funny. You're talking about a man's career here. In no way should you or (Tom Friend) make light of a mna's situation when he's down on his luck and trying to fight his way back up. Take me for example. I found a way to make it. Why "shoot", just recently I made a "pointed" example of how a man can "take" a moment in "time" to make a "point". From that you can "take away" something of "value"

Of course is wasn't my fault. They misunderstood what I was saying. :X

Yours truely,

"Mo" Clarett

I wanna say you're wrong but can't think of any players. I'd swear every draft has a slew of character issue players in it. Ahh how about Najeh?

Warrick?
Character issues are classified before the draft from everything from a player who was late to a philosophy class a couple times to a waving a gun while dragging a 105lb girl down the stairs. One of the things that teams need to do when they hear of character issues is figure out where on the range does the character issue fall and is the talent worth the risk involved.

I wanna say you're wrong but can't think of any players. I'd swear every draft has a slew of character issue players in it. Ahh how about Najeh?

Warrick?
Character issues are classified before the draft from everything from a player who was late to a philosophy class a couple times to a waving a gun while dragging a 105lb girl down the stairs. One of the things that teams need to do when they hear of character issues is figure out where on the range does the character issue fall and is the talent worth the risk involved.
it's sad but true IMO that NFL teams need to get some babysitters. Hire Owens' mom to keep an eye on him, or CJ's to slap him when he should keep his mouth shut.

Users who are viewing this thread