What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Occupy Wall Street (1 Viewer)

pantagrapher

Footballguy
I apologize if there is a thread on this already. Didn't come up in my quick search.

I'm sure many of you will assume I'm sympathetic to this cause and to be honest, I probably am. But I haven't been following it. I assumed this was a small dust up that would get little news coverage and fizzle out.

Then I saw this photo today. It kind of sank in that this is more than just some out-of-work hippies causing a ruckus.

There is a thread discussing the incident that ocurred this past weekend with NYPD but not the overall protest.

I apologize if there is a thread on this already. Didn't come up in my quick search.

I'm sure many of you will assume I'm sympathetic to this cause and to be honest, I probably am. But I haven't been following it. I assumed this was a small dust up that would get little news coverage and fizzle out.

Then I saw this photo today. It kind of sank in that this is more than just some out-of-work hippies causing a ruckus.
I do believe that is an entirely different protest- or at least it was. They may have merged in the last day.

NYC Transit Union Joins Occupy Wall StreetFirst Posted: 9/29/11 12:39 PM ET Updated: 9/29/11 04:56 PM ETNew York City labor unions are preparing to back the unwieldy grassroots band occupying a park in Lower Manhattan, in a move that could mark a significant shift in the tenor of the anti-corporate Occupy Wall Street protests and send thousands more people into the streets.The Transit Workers Union Local 100's executive committee, which oversees the organization of subway and bus workers, voted unanimously Wednesday night to support the protesters. The union claims 38,000 members. A union-backed organizing coalition, which orchestrated a large May 12 march on Wall Street before the protests, is planning a rally on Oct. 5 in explicit support. And SEIU 32BJ, which represents doormen, security guards and maintenance workers, is using its Oct. 12 rally to express solidarity with the Zuccotti Park protesters."The call went out over a month ago, before actually the occupancy of Wall Street took place," said 32BJ spokesman Kwame Patterson. Now, he added, "we're all coming under one cause, even though we have our different initiatives."The protests found their genesis not in any of the established New York social action groups but with a call put out by a Canadian magazine. While other major unions beyond the TWU have yet to officially endorse Occupy Wall Street, more backing could come as early as this week. Both the New York Metro Area Postal Union and SEIU 1199 are considering such moves.Jackie DiSalvo, an Occupy Wall Street organizer, says a series of public actions aimed at expressing support for labor -- from disrupting a Sotheby's auction on Sept. 22 to attending a postal workers' rally on Tuesday -- have convinced unions that the two groups' struggles are one."Labor is up against the wall and they're begging us to help them," said DiSalvo, a retired professor at Baruch College in her late 60s who has emerged as a driving force in the effort to link up labor and the protests. DiSalvo is herself a member of the Professional Staff Congress, which represents teachers at the City University of New York.Recent anti-labor actions like Scott Walker's in Wisconsin "really shocked the unions and moved them into militant action," DiSalvo said, and the inflammatory video of a NYPD deputy inspector pepper-spraying several protesters on Saturday also generated union sympathy."There's a lot of good feeling. They've made a lot of friends," said Chuck Zlatkin of the postal union.When a band of about 100 protesters showed up at a postal workers' rally featuring Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday, complete with purple hair and big drums, "they went a long way towards touching people and making connections," Zlatkin observed.If unions move to support the protests in a major way, that could mean thousands more people marching in Lower Manhattan. Thus far the protesters have not managed to come near the 10,000 or so who attended the unrelated May 12 march on Wall Street. The Strong Economy for All Coalition, which receives support from the United Federation of Teachers, the Working Families Party, plus SEIU 32BJ and 1199, previously helped put together that demonstration. Now they will be rallying for the grassroots group."Their fight is our fight," director Michael Kink said. "They've chosen the right targets. We also want to see a society where folks other than the top 1 percent have a chance to say how things go."Asked if the union support could dilute the message of the Occupy Wall Street protesters -- which has itself been dismissed as incoherent -- organizer DiSalvo said the rag tag group's stance would remain unchanged."Occupy Wall Street will not negotiate watering down its own message," she said, union support or not.

Reporting On Occupy Wall Street: Still Trying To Figure Out What They’re Doing

by Josh Sternberg | 3:50 pm, September 28th, 2011

Upon exiting the 2/3 at Wall Street, I was expecting to be swept up in a crowd of people marching down that corporate alleyway, playing music and chanting, “We shall overcome.” Or, at the very least, see some of New York’s Finest pepper-spraying protesters while men in $5,000 suits stood back and watched. Instead, I saw the typical throng of tourists gawking at the Fed, taking pictures of the George Washington Statue and lining up to pose with the New York Stock Exchange in the background. I also saw steel barricades, which obviously meant protest.

I continued to follow the barriers along Broad Street, and saw a real-life protest. Only this wasn’t the Occupy Wall Street protest. It was the Airline Pilot’s Association union protesting lack of progress on collective bargaining agreement between them and their employers, mainly Continental and United. The two companies merged last year and apparently haven’t made any movement. The pilots were organized, marching in uniforms and in shifts, carrying signs that read, “What’s a pilot worth? Depends on your perspective,” with an image of the famous Hudson River landing plane, and “Management is destroying our airline.”

As one NYPD officer told me, “These guys…these guys are pros. What they do, they should protest. They’re (employers) are taking away their benefits, making them work ‘til they’re 70. Who wants to work ‘til they’re 70?”

After seeing the pilots’ professional protest, I made my way to Zuccotti Park, which sits in the shadow of the under-construction World Trade Center. It could easily be misinterpreted as a pre-Phish show parking lot. Cardboard signs, guys playing guitar, girls holding their fingers up for the international symbol for peace. There’s somewhat of a Shakedown Street with Halal carts, fresh fruit stands, smoothie hut and a bread stand. Oh, and a typical New York souvenir stand. There are sleeping bags and mattresses, couches and tables, even a little legal corner where people can go get free legal advice. Though, while I was there, there were no attorneys in the “legal center.”

At the top of the park, I found Robert Daros, from Florida, sitting in a chair behind a table with a sign that said, “info.” Originally from Florida, he saw a poster in a café and wanted to participate. So he quit his job and came to the park. He, like everyone else who is taking part in the Occupy Wall Street protests, is still trying to figure out how to successfully organize.

As of now, it’s a haphazard process, as there’s no leadership, no message. Nothing but a group of a few hundred people – and of that group, I saw about 10 to 15 actually take charge of something – trying to figure out what they’re doing.

“All decisions we make as a group are decided in a purely democratic process, which is extremely cumbersome and slow moving,” said Daros. “There are no elected officials. There are people to take responsibility, like myself. No one told me to come sit here. I just sat. Some people take into their own hands to distribute fliers. But no is telling them to do so. And no one is essential organizing anything.”

Leia Doran, who has been at Zuccotti Park, for the past two days, echoed that sentiment. She explained that the messaging is still a process and it’s still being refined as the collective group is trying to figure out what to ask for.

“I’m here because I want to see the people responsible for the financial crisis to be investigated and tried,” she told me, as we stood about 20 feet away from the afternoon’s General Assembly.

While there is a lack of organization in regards to leadership and messaging, they have at least figured out how to organize their day. In several spots throughout the park there are boards that give an hour-by-hour agenda. They hold these General Assemblies several times during the day to try to figure out what it is they are doing. As with other assemblies, there is division between members: some want elected leaders, some don’t.

Jesse Levy doesn’t want elected leaders representing the groups. “We need to prioritize consensus,” he said.

Doran explained that “the majority opinion here is that there should be no leadership, as people take offense to others being in charge.”

Besides selecting people to represent the group, the biggest problem is that there has yet to be a cohesive message. Their objections are not directed against any particular part of the political or economic system, however, it seems two broad themes are rising to the top: accountability for corporate and political malfeasance and limit the relationship companies can have with politicians. The protests appear to function as a way to highlight that the system is a production of the wealthy, and it’s time for reform.

Doran, for example, wants to prosecute those responsible for the financial collapse, but also to have lobbying reforms and campaign finance reforms.

Levy wants for state reforms to make new laws regarding the relationships between corporations and politicians.

Rob Daros sums up this multi-issue, lack of message problem. “We aren’t one organization. We’re trying to become one, and I feel we are, because there are a lot of us, and a lot of different people here, are the collective voice, the collective conscious, of the nation. Essentially there are too many demands for us to have one demand. Very vaguely, I would say you could take down corporate influence out of the government so we are better represented and that our country doesn’t do anything that is so terrible.”

In addition to these internal hurdles, denizens of Zuccotti Park face external challenges. As of now, they have no official legal team to help advise on large matters such as arrests, or small matters like securing places for signage or even having amplification. During the General Assembly, they use a ‘human microphone.’ To start speaking, a presenter will say “mic check” three times, and each time the audience will respond with “mic check.” Following that, the speaker launches into what he or she has to say, pausing after ever few words so the larger audience can repeat, and amplify, the speaker’s message. A bit tiresome, yes, but somewhat effective, as one can stand at the other end of the park and make out what’s being said.

Since there is no amplification, they also use hand signals during the general assembly to indicate their approval, disapproval or even point of process. Don’t be confused when you see jazz-hands, it means they approve; fingers pointing down is disapproval, and co-opting Phil Jackson’s Triangle Sign, they use it to indicate it’s a point of process.

Over the coming days, should this group of disaffected citizens determine leadership and a message, we may see this group get larger. With Susan Sarandon popping by today and Michael Moore, yesterday, along with Noam Chomsky’s support, celebrity activists are bringing media with them. Bloggers and journalists are starting to migrate downtown. There were about a dozen journalists with notepads, many more with video and still cameras, and at least one foreign crew from Hong Kong – two girls, one camera – patrolling the park.

People participating in Occupy Wall Street told me they are staying there for the long haul. They have food, water and sleeping bags on mattresses. The only thing I didn’t see was a portopotty. But as the protesters planned for their “Closing Bell March,” even the NYPD were in good spirits today. Many of them are working in 12-hour shifts, and are enjoying it, as it’s overtime pay.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/reporting-on-occupy-wall-street-still-trying-to-figure-out-what-they%E2%80%99re-doing/

this isn't going away. Hopefully more people will "wake up" and see through the many facades in our society.

Today: Occupy Wall Street

Tomorrow: Pitchforks and torches outside the homes of anyone who has had the audacity to make more than $250k in a single year

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently a bigger crowd tonight, they have a written "constitution" with their unified platform and rumors are Russell Simmons is in attendance. I know Michael Moore was there Monday. They have groups forming across the country. Revolution? Flash in the pan? Lefty version of Tea Party?

Apparently a bigger crowd tonight, they have a written "constitution" with their unified platform and rumors are Russell Simmons is in attendance. I know Michael Moore was there Monday. They have groups forming across the country. Revolution? Flash in the pan? Lefty version of Tea Party?
Probably depends on future events. Imagine a jihadist infiltrating this group and setting off a car bomb on Wall Street in the confusion. That would probably turn all of America instantly against this protest.

This reminds me of the senior citizens meeting during the Grey Dawn episode of Southpark.

Marvin: That's right. So you know what I think we should do? I think we should have a senior citizens' meeting! Get all the senior together a the community center and unite!Elderly Man 3: Great idea, Marvin!Elderly Woman 4: Wait, ah I think we're having that meeting right now.Marvin: ...Oh, right, this is the meeting.

Well Obama is obviously getting the class warfare he wants. The amusing part about all of this, is that many of these protesters don't realize that they're largely hurting themselves. One of the articles above talks about a guy #####ing about having to work until 70. The irony is that a lot of pension funds are among the largest investors on Wall Street. Even if you look at the shareholders list of the most evil of corporations like Exxon, it's all names like Vanguard, Fidelity and pension and retirement funds. Let's destroy our IRAs, 401ks and pensions. That'll teach 'em. :thumbup:

Well Obama is obviously getting the class warfare he wants. The amusing part about all of this, is that many of these protesters don't realize that they're largely hurting themselves. One of the articles above talks about a guy #####ing about having to work until 70. The irony is that a lot of pension funds are among the largest investors on Wall Street. Even if you look at the shareholders list of the most evil of corporations like Exxon, it's all names like Vanguard, Fidelity and pension and retirement funds. Let's destroy our IRAs, 401ks and pensions. That'll teach 'em. :thumbup:
I think Obama will probably be concerned about these attacks on his employers

Okay, they're protesting. I can get behind that. It's an important part of Democracy. What's their goal?
First goal is to call attention to the situation. Mission accomplished
The situation being...?
Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief **** "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-isnt-wall-street-in-jail-20110216

Okay, they're protesting. I can get behind that. It's an important part of Democracy. What's their goal?
The situation being...?
Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief **** "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-isnt-wall-street-in-jail-20110216
So we get those folk thrown behind bars and all is good? Or we make changes so future folk in those shoes would face time in prison and it's mission accomplished?

The situation being...?
Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief **** "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.http://www.rollingst...n-jail-20110216
So we get those folk thrown behind bars and all is good? Or we make changes so future folk in those shoes would face time in prison and it's mission accomplished?
To be fair, most changes begin with complaints. The Dec. of Ind. is mostly a long list of complaints. It was a long time before they actually were able to flesh out the plan: Constitution. The Occupy Wall Street people want to see systemic changes in the way democracy works, starting with campaign finance reform. The solutions will be difficult, but gaining attention is a key first step. People need to be aware and motivated to bring about change. There is still a lot of ignorance and apathy among the populus that prevents anything significantly different from happening.

The situation being...?
Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief **** "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.http://www.rollingst...n-jail-20110216
To be fair, most changes begin with complaints. The Dec. of Ind. is mostly a long list of complaints. It was a long time before they actually were able to flesh out the plan: Constitution. The Occupy Wall Street people want to see systemic changes in the way democracy works, starting with campaign finance reform. The solutions will be difficult, but gaining attention is a key first step. People need to be aware and motivated to bring about change. There is still a lot of ignorance and apathy among the populus that prevents anything significantly different from happening.
That is an excellent point. But in today's twitter era, media/people have short attention spans. If they don't start throwing out a couple solutions and make one their major talking point, this thing is going to die out fairly soon. They've caught the media's attention but seem to have no real plan for the next step. :shrug:

But who knows. Maybe this will become another Tea Party type deal.

The situation being...?
That is an excellent point. But in today's twitter era, media/people have short attention spans. If they don't start throwing out a couple solutions and make one their major talking point, this thing is going to die out fairly soon. They've caught the media's attention but seem to have no real plan for the next step. :shrug:

The problem in comparison to the Tea Party is that I'm not sure the Democratic Party is going to adopt this thing like the Republicans have with the Tea Party. If the movement is about lessening the power of big $ on Washington, I'm not sure how the Democrats can support it.

A Redditor chimes in:

Guys, listen. Here's the deal.I love you guys with every shred of my hard-left leaning heart. But I think you might be doing something wrong. Here is one thing that can help you.Tomorrow, wear a polo and khakisSeriously. polos and khakis. Every time you guys DO finally get some ####### press, it's a scrawny dude with dreads in a ratty t-shirt. You're going big here, dress it. Tomorrow, Polo shirt and Khakis.Why? Because you need to get the right-leaning equivalent of me on your side. I'm 35 right now. I understand where the hippy thing comes from. I get it as well as a guy who's 35 can. My Counterparts do not. They think you are scummy druggies on welfare and when they see on tv a bunch of people who they think are S.D's on W, they root for the cops to hit you again.Speaking of the cops, Who do you think they'll mace first? SD's on W, or a guy in khakis and a polo? Seriously, it's ####### cop camouflage. And if they DO come for you. When people at home see PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEM getting abused by police... That's when #### changes.Seeing protesters get beat up means nothing because protesters get beat up all the time. Therefore, don't look like a protester! This connects you to the person watching and opens them to your side!So for serious. Do it. You're almost about to tip this thing over. Polos and khakis. Cop Camo + target audience = Shave, shower and polos and khakis.TL;DR: Polo shirt and Khakis = dress code for nyc protests tomorrow.Do it.Edit: Going to bed soon, one more thing before I turn it over to all of you.Please spread this as much as you can. Professionalism will help push this thing over the edge. You have labor pushing you. National Media is starting to wake up to you. You're almost there. Keep pushing.Think: Business Casual Friday. Don't play it up like the Billionaires for healthcare. You're just a guy, going to work in this big office building here.Even if you don't think that you SHOULD be judged on appearances (which I do agree), You have to realize that you ARE. Fight the appearance fight another day. Polos and khakis.Do it.

Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief **** "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.
But hippie protesters don't dress as nice as they do.

The situation being...?

The problem in comparison to the Tea Party is that I'm not sure the Democratic Party is going to adopt this thing like the Republicans have with the Tea Party. If the movement is about lessening the power of big $ on Washington, I'm not sure how the Democrats can support it.
Actually, when you put it that way IMO, it sounds very much like the Tea Party....

LESS MONEY IN GOVT..... Less $$$$ Power and control at the Fed...

If they combine forces they can take over.

I think they are barking up the wrong tree though... The "Wall Street" people they are mad at already live in DC... They should be marching on DC.

A Redditor chimes in:

Guys, listen. Here's the deal.I love you guys with every shred of my hard-left leaning heart. But I think you might be doing something wrong. Here is one thing that can help you.Tomorrow, wear a polo and khakisSeriously. polos and khakis. Every time you guys DO finally get some ####### press, it's a scrawny dude with dreads in a ratty t-shirt. You're going big here, dress it. Tomorrow, Polo shirt and Khakis.Why? Because you need to get the right-leaning equivalent of me on your side. I'm 35 right now. I understand where the hippy thing comes from. I get it as well as a guy who's 35 can. My Counterparts do not. They think you are scummy druggies on welfare and when they see on tv a bunch of people who they think are S.D's on W, they root for the cops to hit you again.Speaking of the cops, Who do you think they'll mace first? SD's on W, or a guy in khakis and a polo? Seriously, it's ####### cop camouflage. And if they DO come for you. When people at home see PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEM getting abused by police... That's when #### changes.Seeing protesters get beat up means nothing because protesters get beat up all the time. Therefore, don't look like a protester! This connects you to the person watching and opens them to your side!So for serious. Do it. You're almost about to tip this thing over. Polos and khakis. Cop Camo + target audience = Shave, shower and polos and khakis.TL;DR: Polo shirt and Khakis = dress code for nyc protests tomorrow.Do it.Edit: Going to bed soon, one more thing before I turn it over to all of you.Please spread this as much as you can. Professionalism will help push this thing over the edge. You have labor pushing you. National Media is starting to wake up to you. You're almost there. Keep pushing.Think: Business Casual Friday. Don't play it up like the Billionaires for healthcare. You're just a guy, going to work in this big office building here.Even if you don't think that you SHOULD be judged on appearances (which I do agree), You have to realize that you ARE. Fight the appearance fight another day. Polos and khakis.Do it.
Great points.I can get behind this if a message is clear. Right now it's just protesting to protest. It could have universal appeal if done right.

I watched a bunch of Video footage - Seems like a bunch of people with no clue who's goal is to provoke a cop to do something to them so they can yell back "We're not doing anything" and "you're on camera"...

I see people taking swings at cops and I see people getting in the face of cops and not obeying orders...

Like the little nagging brother trying to get a reaction from the older brother by putting his finger in his face or poking in the back seat... Then the older brother gets pissed and the youger kid screams MAAAAAAAAHHH, HE HIT ME!!!!!!

Really a waste of cops time babysitting this ####.

These people risk their lives every day and they need to be put in this #### #### ####### with a bunch of panzies with cameras in their face?????

JEEZ.. Got to Washington DC or go Home... You're barking up the wrong tree... It's the regulations and people in DC that hold the cards.

Actually, when you put it that way IMO, it sounds very much like the Tea Party....LESS MONEY IN GOVT..... Less $$$$ Power and control at the Fed...If they combine forces they can take over. I think they are barking up the wrong tree though... The "Wall Street" people they are mad at already live in DC... They should be marching on DC.
The significant different is that I think most of these people want the government to strongly regulate large corporations on the peoples' behalf. The tea party people want the government out of most things financial. The tea party is not fighting the amount of influence corporations have over our politicians.

I watched a bunch of Video footage - Seems like a bunch of people with no clue who's goal is to provoke a cop to do something to them so they can yell back "We're not doing anything" and "you're on camera"...I see people taking swings at cops and I see people getting in the face of cops and not obeying orders... Like the little nagging brother trying to get a reaction from the older brother by putting his finger in his face or poking in the back seat... Then the older brother gets pissed and the youger kid screams MAAAAAAAAHHH, HE HIT ME!!!!!!Really a waste of cops time babysitting this ####. These people risk their lives every day and they need to be put in this #### #### ####### with a bunch of panzies with cameras in their face?????JEEZ.. Got to Washington DC or go Home... You're barking up the wrong tree... It's the regulations and people in DC that hold the cards.
Now imagine they were wearing polo and khakis.

Users who are viewing this thread