What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

$500 Salary Cap League

Team A Gave: Calvin Johnson ($117, 3 years), 1.11 ($15), 2.11 ($10)

Team B Gave: Michael Floyd ($5, 2 years) and Keenan Allen ($2, 2 years)

Bryant, Jones, and Graham are all FA's.

12 team dynasty TE Premium league

Team A gets

Chris Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Eric Decker, ASJ, Greg Olsen, 2015 2nd rounder

Team B gets

Mike Glennon, Stephan Taylor, Mike Evans, Vernon Davis

I think I like the Gronk side in that deal, but how highly you rate him is going to hinge on how fully you accept that:
I can respect people being weery of Gronk's injury history, though I think much of it is unjustified panic (to sneak that in there :boxing: ).

But in this format, a healthy Gronk is a top 2 player, worst case, by a wide margin (unless you start 4+ WRs). How could you jusftiy moving that potential for Ertz--an unproven/non-elite prospect--and a couple 2nd rounders?
I agree. Whether you like Gronk or not is irrelevant.

Maybe you dont like having 100 dollar bills in your wallet, but at least get a couple 50s instead of a couple 20s.

The return on that deal is nowhere near market value. Sure if could work out just fine for the side getting Ertz, but really he shoudl have AT LEAST for a 1st this year or future 1st on top of it to keep that deal off the "crazy crazy" list of trades.

12 Team, PPR, QRWWWTFKD

Team A gave Spiller

Team B gave Sankey
I can see some people view this as "bailing on Spiller", and maybe even selling low..........but I was faced with pretty much this same situation in a league and I didnt want to trade pick 4 to get SPiller, and I even had a pretty big RB need. I did end up trading for him, but kept pick 4.

I don't know if Sankey makes it to pick 4 in my league, but if he did, I think I would be happy with him over Spiller.

12tm PPR

TRich and Nicks

For

This is the type of deal that can turn out to be a major steal for either side.
was thinking of offering this exact deal the 1.5 owner in my league.
I actually prefer taking the veterans,There are still hopes for Richardson. Compared to the rookie pick, I am more comfortable someone who can produce right away.
I think I am about done with both players. this year they are the 3rd and 4th flex on my team and was thinking I like the upside of Beckham/cooks/Ebron at that spot.

ghostguy123 said:
FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 and a flex

Gave

Got

Forte

My RBs before this were Woodjead and Wilson.
Forte seems a great value this year
Only in this thread. No league I am in or see would ever see this deal go down.
I traded 1.11, 2.11, and 4.11 for Forte in a 16 team league a few weeks ago.

Andy Dufresne said:
KarmaPolice said:
Just came through this morning. 12 team PPR:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
Cobb/Hopkins all day.
This is a weird league, you don't have to start a Rb, and it's 1.5/rec TEs.

The guy giving up Cobb has as starters: Green, D.Thomas, Dez, Julio, and Graham so I guess he figured he could swing for the fences in case Gordon gets his head out of his butt.

Andy Dufresne said:
KarmaPolice said:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
Cobb/Hopkins all day.

The guy giving up Cobb has as starters: Green, D.Thomas, Dez, Julio, and Graham so I guess he figured he could swing for the fences in case Gordon gets his head out of his butt.
Does this guy win the league every single year?

Andy Dufresne said:
KarmaPolice said:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
Cobb/Hopkins all day.

Does this guy win the league every single year?
won last year and was 3rd year before. just built up this roster at beginning of last year.

12 team non PPR

Gave Blackmon

Got 2.12

A sad day,I gave last years 1.04 and a late second this year for him this time last year and it felt like robbery. Now I'm happy to get these scraps for him

KarmaPolice said:
very flexible starters, 12 team , ppr, 1.5/catch for tes

2 trades went through today:

2015 1st

for

T.Brady

D.Murray

for

Edelman, M.Bennett, 2015 2nd
Brady but its close.

Murray and its not close at all

Matty2D said:
$500 Salary Cap League

Team A Gave: Calvin Johnson ($117, 3 years), 1.11 ($15), 2.11 ($10)

Team B Gave: Michael Floyd ($5, 2 years) and Keenan Allen ($2, 2 years)

Bryant, Jones, and Graham are all FA's.
No idea why the Floyd/Allen side would make this deal when they are both cheaper than pick 1.11

Matt said:
12 team dynasty TE Premium league

Team A gets

Chris Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Eric Decker, ASJ, Greg Olsen, 2015 2nd rounder

Team B gets

Mike Glennon, Stephan Taylor, Mike Evans, Vernon Davis
Just how does anyone like Evans that much?

Donsmith753 said:
12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 and a flex

Gave

Got

Forte

My RBs before this were Woodjead and Wilson.
great deal for you. Forte is way better than 1.06 and a 2 spot bump mid 2nd

Andy Dufresne said:
KarmaPolice said:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
Cobb/Hopkins all day.

Dumb move, even with those receivers. If his swing for the fences works he'll be benching one of those receivers. Better to move Cobb and Hopkins to improve elsewhere.

Cobb should have been more than enough to get Gordon if he really wanted to do it.

12 team PPR:

Blackmon + 2015 4th round rookie pick

for

2015 2nd round rookie pick

Plus the condition that if he catches as little as one pass in the 2014 season, the 2nd round rookie pick becomes a 1st and the return pick becomes a 2nd.

Curious to see the feedback in zealots.

Defending champ sent 1.08 + Edelman

Received 2.11 and 2015 #1

Edelman was WR6 for Champ, and Champ guessed the 2015 #1 would be a high pick

Since Zealots is non-PPR the deal makes sense. Although I kind of like the #8 pick this year.

Since Zealots is non-PPR the deal makes sense. Although I kind of like the #8 pick this year.
I think it makes sense too. I tried trading the 1.9 in my Zealots league, looking for something similar. But nobody was willing to give up their 2015 1st and a bump.

Lowest I've seen him go:

Rueben Randle

for

Ka'Deem Carey
I'm high on Carey and low on Randle, so I take the Carey side all day. I don't see much upside for Randle at all - it would be a shock if he were a viable WR1 at any point in his career, and I would be surprised if he was much more than a spot starter in the long run. I think Carey was signed to be the understudy/future starter in Chicago, and I think he fits great there. The only concern I have is that Trestman's had a lot of success with speedy backs, and that's not Carey. But I think Carey's got every button on the controller at his disposal - he can spin, juke, dive, has a nice burst of quickness, and decent enough power to be a quality long term starter.

Gave Bradford

Got Brady

I'm higher on Bradford than most and think Brady is declining but hope he can put up a couple more solid years.

Gave Bradford

Got Brady

I'm higher on Bradford than most and think Brady is declining but hope he can put up a couple more solid years.
Despite the age difference, think there is a decent shot Brady is a starting NFL QB for longer than Bradford.

KarmaPolice said:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
If this trade was made before we knew about Gordon being suspended yet again, I probably would have taken Gordon but would not really have thought anything of the trade.

I could not stomach giving up that much for Gordon, no matter what my team looked like, even in the longest of rebuilds.

Andy Dufresne said:
KarmaPolice said:

J.Gordon + 2.12

for

R.Cobb + D.Hopkins
Cobb/Hopkins all day.

When that is your team, why bother with that risk, and at the absolute high end of his value?? Strange to me that someone good enough to acquire those players would make such a bad move to get Gordon.

This needs a Homer rating

10 team PPR

1.05 and Leveon Bell

For

I try to put players to the picks. So this looks like maybe Beckham/Bell or Hyde/Bell for Watkins or Evans.Give me the 1.,01.

So I'd say :homer: :homer:
Very interesting.

Verrrry interesting
Agreed. I'd take the 1.01 here as well. 10 team league, need to find major difference makers to win. I'd easily bet on Watkins over something like Beckham/Bell.

2 approve the trade

1 disagrees

Im liking the responses, thanks guys.

Keepem. Coming. This will be interesting to report back to the owners

Users who are viewing this thread