What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Team A Gave: RG3

Teaam B Gave: Peyton Manning

2QB League, both teams in contention.
4pt passing league and the new RG3 owner is the winner. In a 6pt league--it's close and would depend on my team's makeup. In a 2QB league--I'd likely take the long-term stability that RG3 could offer.
RG3 for me too
unless the guy is bailing out of the league soon that trade makes no sense.

In a 2 QB league RG3 is a staple guy who will be a big part of your team for the next 10 years.

Qb, rb, wr, wr, te, flex, flex

Team A gives Lesean McCoy, 1.06

Team B gives Kaepernick, Spiller, Justin Hunter, 3.02

Neither team looks like a contender and team A had no qb

Last edited by a moderator:
A will give
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

To B for
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.09
Year 2014 Draft Pick 7.01
Year 2014 Draft Pick 8.01

cstu said:
I like the offer he took more than what you offered. Andre (Johnson?) is worth a high 1st.
Aside from the fact that he took 2.02 for Andre, and even agreeing that Andre is worth what I'd give you as a "mid-first"...I offered Cam. (this was also pre-FA, pre-surgery, pre-Smith cut, etc). I don't believe the "Eli side" plus Andre is remotely close to Cam.
I'm pretty high on Andre for the next couple years and don't feel very confident in Cam's progress as a passer so that is skewing my view of the trade.

Eli isn't worth anything so I look at it as AJ, Shorts and a 1st for Cam. Close, but I still like the AJ side.

BTW, 2.02 for AJ is terrible.
I am the owner on one side of the trade and there is a bit of missing information on the AJ trade. The trade was AJ for 2.02, Stevie Johnson and a 2015 3rd. Given his options at WR, Stevie was likely an important piece for him.

As for the second trade, we went back and forth for weeks. Dynasty start up data had Shorts around 80-90 and Peyton around 70. considering I added a 2015 1st, 2nd, Givens and Eli, I think he got a pretty good haul for Peyton.

If you put the two deals together her got much more out of these deals then what Cam is worth IMO.
Agreed and pretty much all the players he acquired have lost a ton of value from last years startup values so if any bounce back he comes out pretty good.

I really like Cam but no way I would give all that up for him

I think you paid more than a fair price for Peyton. 2.02/SJohnson/2015 3rd for AJ is a pretty decent return too but I am higher on Stevie than some
Eli, Shorts, Stevie, Givens, 2015 1st, 2015 3rd, 2.02

vs

Cam (and as I mentioned before, the trade was turned down a while ago, long before his troubled offseason)

This is a solid example of giving up a dollar and getting 6 dimes. Preferring to take a future first, future 3rd, 2.02, a waiver/replaceable QB, a waiver WR, and two WR4s instead of a consensus top 3-4 QB/top 30 overall player who has put up the best fantasy start of a career ever...? This should be a solid example of how to continue to have pick 1.01 year after year.

The original trade poste has been offered several opinions from people not involved in the Cam trade (in other words don't give a spit) who think that while that trade was not silly or unfair, Still, there is plenty of logic as to why that

offer was not some "slam dunk' better than what the other guy took. Just move on.

Eli, Shorts, Stevie, Givens, 2015 1st, 2015 3rd, 2.02

vs

Cam (and as I mentioned before, the trade was turned down a while ago, long before his troubled offseason)

This is a solid example of giving up a dollar and getting 6 dimes. Preferring to take a future first, future 3rd, 2.02, a waiver/replaceable QB, a waiver WR, and two WR4s instead of a consensus top 3-4 QB/top 30 overall player who has put up the best fantasy start of a career ever...? This should be a solid example of how to continue to have pick 1.01 year after year.
He's more likely to get the 1.1 next year with those players instead of Cam. Not taking him could mean the difference between the 1.1 and the 1.5. Also, who knows if Cam get injured this year and has his value destroyed.

I just wouldn't give up much for any QB in a 12 team, start 1 QB league these days. There's just such little advantage unless you luck into an all time great season like Peyton last year. Cam is probably my favorite long term dynasty QB and even him, I wouldn't give up a whole lot for...

You can get guys like Romo, Dalton, Rivers, Big Ben, etc. for next to nothing. You can grab 2 of those guys for really cheap and just play match ups. And it doesn't hurt you much at all vs. owning Cam...

I'd take picks and try to stock up on young WRs and RBs vs. worrying about the QB position if I was attempting a rebuild.

It's just so much easier to get by without an elite QB than it is to get by without elite players at other positions.

12 team, PPR

Team A gave up Leshoure, Mikel DET RB;Jones, Julio ATL WR
Team B gave up Griffin III, Robert WAS QB;Todman, Jordan JAC RB;Tate, Golden DET WR;Cameron, Jordan CLE TE;Clay, Charles MIA TE; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.11, Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.11

Team B gave up Jones, Julio ATL WR
Team C gave up Lacy, Eddie GBP RB

12 team, PPR

Team B gave up Griffin III, Robert WAS QB;Todman, Jordan JAC RB;Tate, Golden DET WR;Cameron, Jordan CLE TE;Clay, Charles MIA TE; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.11, Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.11

I'll take the side giving up Julio in both.

I just wouldn't give up much for any QB in a 12 team, start 1 QB league these days. There's just such little advantage unless you luck into an all time great season like Peyton last year. Cam is probably my favorite long term dynasty QB and even him, I wouldn't give up a whole lot for...

You can get guys like Romo, Dalton, Rivers, Big Ben, etc. for next to nothing. You can grab 2 of those guys for really cheap and just play match ups. And it doesn't hurt you much at all vs. owning Cam...

I'd take picks and try to stock up on young WRs and RBs vs. worrying about the QB position if I was attempting a rebuild.

It's just so much easier to get by without an elite QB than it is to get by without elite players at other positions.
From my experience QBBC works great on paper, but not so much in practice. You can have what looks like a wonderful matchup but the defense scores 3 TDs and instead of passing the team turns to the running game. Or what looks to be a shootout ends up a 10-7 score. Or the QB throws three picks, not of which are his fault due to deflections because the WRs couldn't hold on to the ball.

I have had such horrible luck playing matchups that the QBBC approach is just too dicey and I won't do it again - I would rather go with an elite QB, start him every week and use the roster spot for the other QB for something else. Just my :2cents:

12 team, PPR

I'll take the side giving up Julio in both.
I wasn't involved in either trade. I like the side getting Julio in both.

12 team, PPR

Julio in both

Maybe I'm not high enough on julio, but he isn't a ppr monster - he had 79 catches in 2012, but doesn't seem like a 100 catch guy. Longevity is one of the biggest selling points for wrs, but julio has already had two foot surgeries by age 25, and he plays on turf. He's entering year four, but its basically a redux of year three since he got hurt early. Still, his best season so far is 79/1198/10 - very good, but not calvin numbers. He has the potential to put up calvin numbers, but 1198 yards would have been 15th among wrs last year - and 16th if you count jimmy graham. And all of those guys except vincent jackson (14th in yardage on 78 catches) got more receptions than julios 79. I don't think that means julio is mired in the wr2 muck by any stretch, but an optimistic projection doesn't even move him into the top five. He gets a lot of love because he looks the part, he has a good but not great qb, and he has had some huge games, but he's a little overrated imo.

By comparison, eddie lacy looks to have six or seven years of rb1 value on a top offense. He has some injury risk, too, but he has more years left than lesean mccoy and looks more valuable than doug martin. You could make a good case for him as the number one dynasty back right now. Getting that for a stud wr in ppr is a pretty reasonable trade imo. With my hesitation about julio as a stud, the scalea tip towards lacy.

Similarly, rg3 is close enough in value to julio that getting a first and a second would be tempting. Throw in cameron and tate and the upside is all on the rg3 side of the trade. Julio may be worth all of that to a stacked team that can afford to give up all those guys, but that would have to be the case for me to see the julio side as the winner on this one.

Just my .02

Maybe I'm not high enough on julio, but he isn't a ppr monster - he had 79 catches in 2012, but doesn't seem like a 100 catch guy. Longevity is one of the biggest selling points for wrs, but julio has already had two foot surgeries by age 25, and he plays on turf. He's entering year four, but its basically a redux of year three since he got hurt early. Still, his best season so far is 79/1198/10 - very good, but not calvin numbers. He has the potential to put up calvin numbers, but 1198 yards would have been 15th among wrs last year - and 16th if you count jimmy graham. And all of those guys except vincent jackson (14th in yardage on 78 catches) got more receptions than julios 79. I don't think that means julio is mired in the wr2 muck by any stretch, but an optimistic projection doesn't even move him into the top five. He gets a lot of love because he looks the part, he has a good but not great qb, and he has had some huge games, but he's a little overrated imo.

By comparison, eddie lacy looks to have six or seven years of rb1 value on a top offense. He has some injury risk, too, but he has more years left than lesean mccoy and looks more valuable than doug martin. You could make a good case for him as the number one dynasty back right now. Getting that for a stud wr in ppr is a pretty reasonable trade imo. With my hesitation about julio as a stud, the scalea tip towards lacy.

Similarly, rg3 is close enough in value to julio that getting a first and a second would be tempting. Throw in cameron and tate and the upside is all on the rg3 side of the trade. Julio may be worth all of that to a stacked team that can afford to give up all those guys, but that would have to be the case for me to see the julio side as the winner on this one.

Just my .02
Before Julio's injury last year....he was on pace for like 131/1856/7. I don't like throwing out the "on pace" numbers, but they are warranted here for a guy who was still improving in only his 3rd NFL season.

Obviously those numbers would have leveled out (pace of receptions and yards drop a little and maybe an uptick in TDs)

To say he can't put up Calvin numbers because of the stats he put up in his 2ND NFL season seems pretty near-sighted to me.(I don't think Calvin had more than 79 catches until his 5th season) If you're banking on the injury that's one thing, but I find it hard to believe that you can argue against what he's done on the field through his first 3 seasons.

For me it comes down to how you view his injuries. If you think they are no big deal, then you should be all over him at his current price.

To say he can't put up Calvin numbers because of the stats he put up in his 2ND NFL season seems pretty near-sighted to me.(I don't think Calvin had more than 79 catches until his 5th season) If you're banking on the injury that's one thing, but I find it hard to believe that you can argue against what he's done on the field through his first 3 seasons.
No to mention that Jones was on the field with two players that also demanded targets in White and Gonzo while Calvin was the only show in town. I don't think Jones is as physcially gifted as Calvin, but he's among a handful of guys that even come close. His career path hasn't leveled off yet - its on the way up.

You're also higher than most on Lacy, not that there's anything wrong with it. I wouldn't project 6 or 7 years of RB1 value from any current NFL RB, but I'd fall on the other side of the spectrum.

Maybe I'm not high enough on julio, but he isn't a ppr monster - he had 79 catches in 2012, but doesn't seem like a 100 catch guy.
Julio was playing alongside two 90+ catch receivers. Gonzo is retired and Roddy looks like he's on the downside of his career.

12 Team Superflex Devy PPR

Gave:

Jordy Nelson, Kevin Hogan, 3.06

Got:

1.04, Amari Cooper

12 team ppr qb rb rb wr wr wr te flx

Team A trades Morris, Nicks, D Rodgers, Escobar, 2015 1st (mid to late)

Team B trades McCoy

squistion said:
bengalbuck said:

From my experience QBBC works great on paper, but not so much in practice. You can have what looks like a wonderful matchup but the defense scores 3 TDs and instead of passing the team turns to the running game. Or what looks to be a shootout ends up a 10-7 score. Or the QB throws three picks, not of which are his fault due to deflections because the WRs couldn't hold on to the ball.

I have had such horrible luck playing matchups that the QBBC approach is just too dicey and I won't do it again - I would rather go with an elite QB, start him every week and use the roster spot for the other QB for something else. Just my :2cents:
I would agree but that would also be one of the last pieces on my list in a rebuild...and if it wasn't I would have kept Peyton rather than give up my only other tradeable asset along with him

McCoy for Morris and a bunch of maybes...give me McCoy
Yes. Bad trade by the new Morris+ owner.
It's a bunch of maybes but there is a solid market for Morris and Nicks. It's basically 3 1sts and a couple 3rds. The only thing is the 1sts are at best mid. Eh. I wouldn't do it under the guise of stud for stud but it's a decent return if you can continue to move the pieces around.

It's a bunch of maybes but there is a solid market for Morris and Nicks. It's basically 3 1sts and a couple 3rds. The only thing is the 1sts are at best mid. Eh. I wouldn't do it under the guise of stud for stud but it's a decent return if you can continue to move the pieces around.
It's a top 5-7 startup pick, and the safest RB in the hobby, for a late 3rd, late 6th, and some change. It's awful, IMO.

It's a top 5-7 startup pick, and the safest RB in the hobby, for a late 3rd, late 6th, and some change. It's awful, IMO.
Im not a fan of the trade (since I don't like any of Morris or Nicks), but a late 3rd, late 6th and a 2015 1st seems ok for the 1.5-1.7 overall imo.

It becomes obvious when you put it that way. As an owner of both players in dynasty leagues, their market is not solid, especially for Nicks.

These are not my values so don't shoot the messenger lol

In a just completed DLF April startup mock draft

Morris went before the 1.03

Nicks went before the 1.05

D Rodgers went before the 2.07...I didn't take the time to find Escobar so I will call him a 3.05

So McCoy for the 1.03, 1.05, 2.07 and a 2015 1st....I would still take McCoy, but it makes is look a little better this way

D Rodgers went before the 2.07...I didn't take the time to find Escobar so I will call him a 3.05

So McCoy for the 1.03, 1.05, 2.07 and a 2015 1st....I would still take McCoy, but it makes is look a little better this way
Those mocks include rooks, not picks, and there's no consensus on who will go 1.03. If you can trade Morris for the 1.03 in a ppr, you're quite a salesperson.

These are not my values so don't shoot the messenger lol

But he didn't get the 1.03, 1.05 or 2.07. He got Morris, Nicks and Rogers. It would take much more than even those picks for me to move McCoy. I offered McCoy to another owner and I asked for Spiller, CPatterson and the 1.03. He thought I was crazy but that's what it would take. He is that valuable to me.

These are not my values so don't shoot the messenger lolIn a just completed DLF April startup mock draft

But he didn't get the 1.03, 1.05 or 2.07. He got Morris, Nicks and Rogers. It would take much more than even those picks for me to move McCoy. I offered McCoy to another owner and I asked for Spiller, CPatterson and the 1.03. He thought I was crazy but that's what it would take. He is that valuable to me.
You don't get a lot of trades done do you?

I give: 1.05 & Levine Toilolo

I get: 1.06 & Travis Kelce

Am a big believer in Kelce and don't rate Toilolo, so moving down one spot and swapping them was a nice move for me. This is a 2QB league as well, so the 6th pick will still net a top 3 talent or one of the QBs.

Am a big believer in Kelce and don't rate Toilolo, so moving down one spot and swapping them was a nice move for me. This is a 2QB league as well, so the 6th pick will still net a top 3 talent or one of the QBs.
I was ok -- not thrilled -- with the trade before you said 2QB league. That'd be like moving the 1.02 for Kelce + 1.03 in a 1QB league.

I was ok -- not thrilled -- with the trade before you said 2QB league. That'd be like moving the 1.02 for Kelce + 1.03 in a 1QB league.
I see what you're saying, but from my POV I wasn't going to get Evans or Watkins from the 5 spot. QBs are not traditionally drafted high in this league (Geno was 1.12 and EJ Manuel was 2.10 last year, RG3 and Luck went 1.04 and 1.06 the year before) so trading back one spot in a deep class and getting an upside TE is ok with me.

And it's not technically a 2QB league. It's a superflex league with balanced scoring, so not everyone starts 2QBs.

I offered McCoy to another owner and I asked for Spiller, CPatterson and the 1.03. He thought I was crazy but that's what it would take. He is that valuable to me.
You don't get a lot of trades done do you?
I'd probably pay that for McCoy.
:goodposting:
Yep, I'd pay that for McCoy.
That's way too much for a RB who has already used up 4 years of his production.

Spiller/Patterson/1.03 is too much for any player in FF. I guess AJ Green in a PPR league maybe, but not a 26 yr old RB

Users who are viewing this thread