What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

So no one likes the Texans pick? I'm listening to sports radio here in Houston and they are saying he was picked because his athleticism is what they need at LT for the new scheme. They have no 2nd round pick....
I like it. He's ideal for the scheme. I saw a website that broke down the numbers important for a tackle in the ZBS and Brown was elite compared to the others.

I can't help but notice all of the consistently good teams are trading back and all of the perenially bad teams are trading up.

So no one likes the Texans pick? I'm listening to sports radio here in Houston and they are saying he was picked because his athleticism is what they need at LT for the new scheme. They have no 2nd round pick....
I like it. He's ideal for the scheme. I saw a website that broke down the numbers important for a tackle in the ZBS and Brown was elite compared to the others.
His athleticism really stood out. Tight End at the beginning of his career.

I can't help but notice all of the consistently good teams are trading back and all of the perenially bad teams are trading up.
From my contest:6. Name a team to trade up in or into the first round during the draft.Saints, Jaguars, Chiefs, Ravens, Panthers, Atlanta, Cowboys,Texans, Jets7. Name a team to trade down in or out of the first round during the draft.Patriots, Ravens, Lions, Texans, Eagles, Redskins, Seahawks, Packers:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad the Jets took Keller, don't have to worry about the Packers taking him. Part time player who can't block. You can get players like that on Day 2.

They needed to trade up for him?

And again, it's getting really old when teams trade up and then take the entire clock to make their pick. No excuse for that. Goodell needs to get that changed for next year. 2-3 minutes max when you trade up IMO.

Why did they trade that high for Harvey? I'm a Gator homer and I wouldn't take him anywhere near that highly.
i think it's because there are not alot of Top end Rush DE in this draft. I think they went alittle high but who says he make any further than say.... 13.
Jacksonville gave up as much to get Harvey as the Vikings did to get J. Allen. Allen is a proven NFL player. To give that much for Harvey is a lot.
HINT: Look at A) age B) contract C) nfl substance abuse policy
A) Age - Not an issue, Allen just turned 26 years old. Should be entering his primeB) Contract - Allen is a proven commodity, he should be rewarded.C) Abuse policy - Yes, a question. But by all accounts, he has stopped drinking and the Vikings did their research on him.
A) Yes, but Harvey will play 3+ more years than Allen. B) You don't understand why paying a guy $20+ million less is a benefit? :) C) Teams did "research" on Lawrence Phillips too.

The world champs are sitting pretty. Their needs are FS, OLB & WR, and there's TONS of top talent available at each.

-Kenny Phillips

-Quentin Groves

-Any WR they want

Anytime the Jets can take a TE in the first, it is a good draft.
:) :) :lmao: Freaking Jets and their :wub: for TE'sEdit to add: Didn't they sign Bubba Franks in the offseason? I hope I'm wrong, because if they did, drafting ANOTHER TE there is the biggest bone-headed first round choice in the history of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread