What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The Keller is almost as bad as Dallas taking Felix over Mendenhall. And they traded up to do this? What a freaking joke!

Is it possible to get a trade tracker on the first post.
I'm pretty lazy, so no. :)
pick trade #1 trade #21 MIA 2 STL 3 ATL 4 OAK 5 KC 6 NYJ 7 NE NO 8 BAL JAX 9 CIN 10 NO NE 11 BUF 12 DEN 13 CAR 14 CHI 15 DET KC 16 ARI 17 KC DET 18 HOU BAL 19 PHI CAR 20 TB 21 WAS ATL 22 DAL 23 PITT 24 TEN 25 SEA DAL 26 JAX BAL HOU27 SD 28 DAL SEA 29 SF 30 GB NYJsorry for the lack of spaces between teams

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did they trade that high for Harvey? I'm a Gator homer and I wouldn't take him anywhere near that highly.
i think it's because there are not alot of Top end Rush DE in this draft. I think they went alittle high but who says he make any further than say.... 13.
Jacksonville gave up as much to get Harvey as the Vikings did to get J. Allen. Allen is a proven NFL player. To give that much for Harvey is a lot.
HINT: Look at A) age B) contract C) nfl substance abuse policy
A) Age - Not an issue, Allen just turned 26 years old. Should be entering his primeB) Contract - Allen is a proven commodity, he should be rewarded.C) Abuse policy - Yes, a question. But by all accounts, he has stopped drinking and the Vikings did their research on him.
A) Yes, but Harvey will play 3+ more years than Allen. B) You don't understand why paying a guy $20+ million less is a benefit? :) C) Teams did "research" on Lawrence Phillips too.
A) He could be a bust and be out of the NFL in 3 years!B) Penny pinching doesn't win championshipsC) Idiotic reference to Phillips

Why did they trade that high for Harvey? I'm a Gator homer and I wouldn't take him anywhere near that highly.
i think it's because there are not alot of Top end Rush DE in this draft. I think they went alittle high but who says he make any further than say.... 13.
Jacksonville gave up as much to get Harvey as the Vikings did to get J. Allen. Allen is a proven NFL player. To give that much for Harvey is a lot.
A) Age - Not an issue, Allen just turned 26 years old. Should be entering his primeB) Contract - Allen is a proven commodity, he should be rewarded.C) Abuse policy - Yes, a question. But by all accounts, he has stopped drinking and the Vikings did their research on him.
A) Yes, but Harvey will play 3+ more years than Allen. B) You don't understand why paying a guy $20+ million less is a benefit? :)C) Teams did "research" on Lawrence Phillips too.
A) The Vikings are paying Allen to play 6 years.B) Yes, I understand this. Don't you understand that Jacksonville may be paying a player Millions while learning on the job or may not make it in the NFL at all.C) Everyone except the Rams

ESPN seems to be catching on that they were getting caught in delays. That pick was almost right on.

NFLN is better to listen to though. Mel Kiper is awesome on mute.

Balmer and Keller - solid back to back picks. Way to pass on them both, Seahawks!!!!! :wall:
Unacceptable on the Seahawks part. :thumbdown:
Pete Prisco's comments on Jackson: Comment: He's a four-year starter, which has to mean something. I like this move. He is a better player than most scouts graded. This is a good move. He rates it a B+, whereas Ballmer and Keller are C's.Then again, I remember griping when they moved up in the 2nd to take Lofa Tatupu (another 4 year starter out of USC) a few years ago when most people had him going in the third or fourth round. Show's you what me (and Kiper) know about draft prospects.

Everyone heard Goodell there, right?

Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select....

Nice.

Good pick. Glad to see that the greatest GM and Head Coach in the league keep their streak going.

A) Yes, but Harvey will play 3+ more years than Allen. B) You don't understand why paying a guy $20+ million less is a benefit? :thumbdown: C) Teams did "research" on Lawrence Phillips too.
A) He could be a bust and be out of the NFL in 3 years!B) Penny pinching doesn't win championshipsC) Idiotic reference to Phillips
:wall: :lol: :lol::lol:Lots of insecure Vikings' fans in here today.

I'll keep the first post updated through the 2nd round as much as I can. I may have to get some other stuff done here though soon but will come back and update things when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread