What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Avery and Nelson are good picks, FWIW, since no one in my league is going to read this thread, these are the top secret WR rankings I sent Bloom and never posted...1. Thomas2. Hardy3. Avery4. Monk 5. Nelson6. Bennett 7. Jackson8. Kelly 9. Sweed10. Purify11. Burton 12. Simpson13. Manningham 14. Caldwell15. Doucet16. Johnson17. Royal18. Reynaud19. Franklin20. Hawkins
the rams board blew up, i can't get on it...russ lande did write thur that avery could go in late 1st (though i doubt if he thought he would be first WR drafted)..."When talking about the top wide receivers in the 2008 NFL draft, there has been much talk about the falling stock of both Michigan's Mario Manningham and Oklahoma's Malcolm Kelly. Meanwhile, Michigan's Devin Thomas has been the biggest riser up draft boards. One receiver who should be talked about more, however, is Houston's Donnie Avery. Avery, viewed as somewhat of a raw receiver even after the '07 college football season ended, was once likely to be a third-round pick. Since then, however, his strong performances at the Senior Bowl -- where he took coaching so well to improve his game throughout the week -- at the Combine and in his personal workouts have caused teams to value him higher. Avery's value shot up even more when teams in their draft meetings could get a better look at his acceleration, speed and elite explosiveness on game film. Now, he should be one of the first speed receivers drafted, possibly as high as the late first round."

Last edited by a moderator:
Shanahans head is about to explode

Conner

Groves

Jackson

All sorts of choices - pick right and he stays - pick wrong and you're gone.

Avery and Nelson are good picks, FWIW, since no one in my league is going to read this thread, these are the top secret WR rankings I sent Bloom and never posted...

1. Thomas (3)

2. Hardy (4)

3. Avery I dont think he's tough enough.

4. Monk (8)

5. Nelson (5)

6. Bennett (6)

7. Jackson

8. Kelly (1)

9. Sweed (2)

10. Purify

11. Burton

12. Simpson

13. Manningham

14. Caldwell (9)

15. Doucet

16. Johnson

17. Royal (7)

18. Reynaud

19. Franklin

20. Hawkins
I also still have Bowman in the Top 10 so you can take my rankings with a grain of salt.
This is the foggiest position of any class in the last ten years. My rankings are very strange, but I can honestly say I watched all of them play a ton to finally post such a wierd list. Yours looks much more acceptable. I was almost embarrassed by what I arrived at. I hope Bowman gets it together. He is definitely an example of the fog. Good for you for having faith.

Groves is SOD. I'd be on the phone right now trying to move up and take him regardless of need or type of D.
:lmao:
Something's up here. Dolphins pass him and the Niners pass him twice. Falcons and Chiefs could use a 4-3 rusher, too.BTW, I'm talking to myself over in the IDP thread if anybody has any defensive thoughts. :snore:
Maybe the toes are failing physicals? The heart doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else noitce that NFL-N is saying that one of Mayock's sayings is "RoadgraTer", not "RoadGraDer"?

Unless the road is made out of cheese..... :lmao:

Reading through the thread now....for the love of God can we stop it with the "reach" or "didn't need to move up to get him" comments??!! How on earth do you guys possibly think that you have a better idea of where these guys were going to go than NFL GMs? Just boggles my mind.

Groves is SOD. I'd be on the phone right now trying to move up and take him regardless of need or type of D.
:lmao:
Something's up here. Dolphins pass him and the Niners pass him twice. Falcons and Chiefs could use a 4-3 rusher, too.BTW, I'm talking to myself over in the IDP thread if anybody has any defensive thoughts. :snore:
Maybe, but the toes are failing physicals? The heart doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
I didn't look too deeply into the arrhythmia issue, but it didn't sound like he'd be on medication long enough to keep him out of training camp.

Avery and Nelson are good picks, FWIW, since no one in my league is going to read this thread, these are the top secret WR rankings I sent Bloom and never posted...

1. Thomas (3)

2. Hardy (4)

3. Avery I dont think he's tough enough.

4. Monk (8)

5. Nelson (5)

6. Bennett (6)

7. Jackson

8. Kelly (1)

9. Sweed (2)

10. Purify

11. Burton

12. Simpson

13. Manningham

14. Caldwell (9)

15. Doucet

16. Johnson

17. Royal (7)

18. Reynaud

19. Franklin

20. Hawkins
I also still have Bowman in the Top 10 so you can take my rankings with a grain of salt.
This is the foggiest position of any class in the last ten years. My rankings are very strange, but I can honestly say I watched all of them play a ton to finally post such a wierd list. Yours looks much more acceptable. I was almost embarrassed by what I arrived at. I hope Bowman gets it together. He is definitely an example of the fog. Good for you for having faith.
When I look at wrs I look for Hands, Fluidness, Toughness, Route Running, Speed, and Hand Movement. It would be ideal for a guy to have all those traits but that seldom happens. But to have 4 out of the 6 is a big plus but Toughness is the one thing that I dont waiver on and if a guy doesn't have it he drops off my list.

Reading through the thread now....for the love of God can we stop it with the "reach" or "didn't need to move up to get him" comments??!! How on earth do you guys possibly think that you have a better idea of where these guys were going to go than NFL GMs? Just boggles my mind.
goodness

goodness
Assani's indignation seems to be forced. I think round 3 is too early to grab him in the Rage Draft.

You could've posted that around #1650 or so. You reached. :popcorn:

Bears HAVE to go WR right? what about the Eagles or Broncos? either of them need LB? if not Connor to Detroit would make for a great first day.

If Chicago or Detroit goes RB or other position, Minny will be looking at either Henne or Brohm. correct?
Before the draft started, I thought the Vikings would go with an offensive lineman here. But with so many lineman already taken, I would think they have to at least be thinking about a QB or safety.

Users who are viewing this thread