What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2013 Seattle Seahawks **** (1 Viewer)

I spent about three hours last night getting a guided tour of the VMAC with one of the players. There were a half dozen of us who got to check the whole facility out, spend about 45 minutes in one of the film rooms getting tape broken down for us, and then got to kick field goals and play around on the indoor field for a while too. It was pretty great. Aside from the look at me, the reason I thought I'd share this is because at about 8:15 last night, the player (who isn't even on offense) got a text from Russell Wilson saying he was excited to work out the next morning with him.

Everything good you hear about Russell Wilson is all true. :yes:
Holy crap. You need to share details on how you happened upon this opportunity.
A friend of mine goes to church with the player, who was giving a tour of the facilities to a few of his friends from church. I got invited along. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent about three hours last night getting a guided tour of the VMAC with one of the players. There were a half dozen of us who got to check the whole facility out, spend about 45 minutes in one of the film rooms getting tape broken down for us, and then got to kick field goals and play around on the indoor field for a while too. It was pretty great. Aside from the look at me, the reason I thought I'd share this is because at about 8:15 last night, the player (who isn't even on offense) got a text from Russell Wilson saying he was excited to work out the next morning with him.

A friend of mine goes to church with the player, who was giving a tour of the facilities to a few of his friends from church. I got invited along. :thumbup:
[NapoleonD] Lucky [/NapoleonD]

Hooper31 said:
proninja said:
Hooper31 said:
proninja said:

Interesting stuff:

They basically live at the VMAC in season. 3 meals/day, not quite 7 days/week, because the players spend the night before every game (even home games) at a hotel. But in season, everything that goes into their bodies comes from the team and is regulated by the team. Same with workouts. Each player has a program, they start similarly, but every player's program gets changed up depending on what that players' goals/injuries are. But they're always doing exactly what the team tells them.

They spend roughly four times as much time preparing for the next game in the classroom as they do on the field. The mental aspect is huge. Less so for linemen, much more so for the MIKE and the FS. It's all on iPad now, but they used to get a notebook over 3 inches thick every Monday for the next game with everything you could possibly want to know about any team. Then, at the end of the week, you play the game, chuck everything you just learned, and start over.

Hooper31 said:
proninja said:
Hooper31 said:
proninja said:

Interesting stuff:

They basically live at the VMAC in season. 3 meals/day, not quite 7 days/week, because the players spend the night before every game (even home games) at a hotel. But in season, everything that goes into their bodies comes from the team and is regulated by the team. Same with workouts. Each player has a program, they start similarly, but every player's program gets changed up depending on what that players' goals/injuries are. But they're always doing exactly what the team tells them.

They spend roughly four times as much time preparing for the next game in the classroom as they do on the field. The mental aspect is huge. Less so for linemen, much more so for the MIKE and the FS. It's all on iPad now, but they used to get a notebook over 3 inches thick every Monday for the next game with everything you could possibly want to know about any team. Then, at the end of the week, you play the game, chuck everything you just learned, and start over.
This part surprises me.

I love how Tebow Seahawks is #1 trend on yahoo based on a report that they are NOT interested in them :) :tebow:

Unreal.

-QG
Once Tebow is out of football entirely and his NFL story has come to an end, it would be great if some media analysts (university types, not in-media analysts) made some kind of treatise on his immense impact in the media vs his actual (in)ability to be a valuable team commodity, other than jersey sales. It's weird, I do think he'd be valuable at a different position than QB, but he's dead set against it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ne-winfield-chose-seahawks-over-vikings-money

Antoine Winfield chose Seahawks over Vikings' money

By Kareem Copeland

Around the League Writer

The Minnesota Vikings hoped to bring back Antoine Winfield at a reduced cost after they released him. In the end, money wasn't the biggest factor in the veteran cornerback's decision.

Winfield accepted a one-year contract worth $3 million with $1 million guaranteed from the Seattle Seahawks on Friday, a source involved in the process told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. The Vikings offered him a similar contract with more guaranteed money, but Winfield decided to take his talents to the Pacific Northwest.

Winfield's contract agreement with the Seahawks was first reported Friday by NFL Network's Darren Sharper on "NFL Total Access".

Rapoport learned there were some emotions involved for Winfield after he cut by the Vikings. Winfield wanted to retire a Viking and make Minnesota his permanent home, but he and his family will now live in Houston. He even contemplated retiring when he released. A chance at winning a possible Super Bowl title with the Seahawks ended up playing a factor in Winfield joining the team.

The New England Patriots and Denver Broncos also inquired about Winfield's services along with the Seahawks, Vikings and Washington Redskins. Seattle is probably the best fit since Winfield, an elite run defender that has lost a step of downfield speed, can play close to the box in the slot with Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner on the outside, not to mention Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor at safety.

The Vikings took a cost-cutting risk and lost. Now they should be in the cornerback market at the draft.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

We will now see if Seattle has what it takes to get a seat at the adults table. No sneaking up on any one this year.

We will now see if Seattle has what it takes to get a seat at the adults table. No sneaking up on any one this year.
I understand what you're trying to say here, but do teams really sneak up on other teams? I have a feeling the only people who get "sneaked up" on is the fans. For example, I think going into this year fans generally believe that the Rams are going to be a pushover this year and that the Steelers are still a team to be concerned with. If I were a betting man I'd actually put the Rams at more wins than the Steelers this year.

It would be interesting to get a wide audience that gives their perspective on each team--it would be very telling of who gets press in each market.

Are you suggesting that Seattle's wins from last year are somehow tainted because they "snuck up" on other teams?My guess is that this means nothing to the players and coaches. I think they're all aware that winning from week to week in the NFL is never a given.

Out of curiosity, what wins do you think they had last year as a result of sneaking up on someone? I get that NFL teams as a whole aren't "up" for every single game, and perennial top teams like NE, GB, Pittsburgh, etc. are more likely to get teams' best shots on a regular basis, but I don't see a single win on Seattle's schedule last year that came as the result of them sneaking up on anyone.

Out of curiosity, what wins do you think they had last year as a result of sneaking up on someone? I get that NFL teams as a whole aren't "up" for every single game, and perennial top teams like NE, GB, Pittsburgh, etc. are more likely to get teams' best shots on a regular basis, but I don't see a single win on Seattle's schedule last year that came as the result of them sneaking up on anyone.
Green Bay

ex-ghost said:
4 prime time games. Maybe a move to another SNF game week 14 @SF or week 15 @NYG?
Yeah, I really hope it ends up being the NYG game but I suspect it will be the SF game. The schedule makers didn't really give us a break with five 10am east coast starts. By comparison, SF has two with one of those being in London. It would be great if one of the 10am Seahawks game got flexed.

-M

ex-ghost said:
4 prime time games. Maybe a move to another SNF game week 14 @SF or week 15 @NYG?
Yeah, I really hope it ends up being the NYG game but I suspect it will be the SF game. The schedule makers didn't really give us a break with five 10am east coast starts. By comparison, SF has two with one of those being in London. It would be great if one of the 10am Seahawks game got flexed.

-M
Have to win no matter what time the game is. I think it will be a great learning process for the team as they prepare for the Super Bowl run.

ex-ghost said:

-M
Just heard that it cannot be the SF game, they already have 5 prime time games, the max allowed.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=680650&p=15479128

A little info for a long shot with some upside!!

I believe the Seahawks are primed (especially with the latest signing of Winfield) to be the best football team in the NFL as long as Wilson continues to improve.
Free Agents don't generally put teams over the top.
While I generally agree with that pt there has definitely been some difference making free agents that HAVE put teams over the top... Kurt Warner comes to mind... Deion Sanders basically picked between who he wanted to win the Super Bowl in the 90s with San Fran and Dallas... James Farrior became a staple of the Steelers defense and won 2 titles with them... Reggie White signed as a free agent with Green Bay and win a chip too

Bam Bam Kam gets paid. Never believe initial numbers from the agent. I will wait until tomorrow to evaluate dollars.

Glad to see one of their own picks getting paid instead if money going only to free agents. That something that sells well in the locker room.

Went with Harvin in round #1...

Round #2 and #3

Im guessing you see a few of the following end up hawks: Christine Michael, Gavin Escobar, Terron Armstead, Quinton Patton, Brandon Williams

Personally I would like to see Brandon WIlliams and Da'Rick Rodgers

ImTheScientist said:
Went with Harvin in round #1...

Round #2 and #3

Im guessing you see a few of the following end up hawks: Christine Michael, Gavin Escobar, Terron Armstead, Quinton Patton, Brandon Williams

Personally I would like to see Brandon WIlliams and Da'Rick Rodgers
Nice job on the call with Christine Michael.

As a GM who has Turbin on his roster:

:X

It means something. Who is the third down back? Turbin has shown he is not a very good receiver, don't know much about Michael's ability. Leon is gone, somone has to replace him. Also, Michael probably not the best 3rd down blocking back - at least most college backs don't have that as a strong skill set.

It means something. Who is the third down back? Turbin has shown he is not a very good receiver, don't know much about Michael's ability. Leon is gone, somone has to replace him. Also, Michael probably not the best 3rd down blocking back - at least most college backs don't have that as a strong skill set.
That's what i'm trying to figure out. In terms of raw talent i think Michael is the better pick, but I don't know how that affects the pecking order of the handcuff to Lynch. Perhaps if Lynch goes down it's BOTH of these guys who come in a RBBC?

Ugh. Think i'll just roll with Michael as the handcuff to my Lynch. My luck I probably will have picked wrong.

Turbin has shown he is not a very good receiver, ...
What are you basing this on?
He did have 19 catches last year - maybe I just remember the horrible drop against the 49ers. Also, the local stations mentioned that he is not the best receiver.
I would strongly disagree. His receiving skills are one of his better assets IMO.
Agree to disagree. We will see, I hope you are right.

Holy ####### ####.

Just watched all the

. DT Jordan Hill (#47) dominated. Welcome to Seattle young man. If you play like you did in that game you'll be welcome here for quite some time.Of note:

- Great ability to get off blocks and make tackles.

- Uses his hands well and extends arms to create a separation.

- Exploded into back field in the pass rush on several plays.

Harvin?

Just Win Baby said:
Harvin?
:goodposting:

Hooper31 said:
Holy ####### ####.

Just watched all the

I saw a few youtube highlights of him lined up at DE. I almost wonder if they will rotate him around, he could play Red Bryants role if Red can't stay healthy.

What does the Micheal pick mean for Turbin?
Turbin tweeted recently about having a meeting with Cable and facing an exciting change. Bit of a fan. Last season, I attended 4 training camp sessions, 2 preseason games, 8 home games, and road games in Arizona, Chicago, Miami and the playoff game in Atlanta. Regular on fieldgulls. When a buddy tested me last year, after a few beers at the first home preseason game, I was able to recall 72 of 90 players on the roster. I point this out just to say I am about as familiar with the team as a fan without an intense football background can be. Turbin is a good all around back, and has better speed than his pro day measurables suggest because he was still recovering from ACL. His running style is well suited to inside or stretch zone blocking, he blocks well, and despite his monstrous biceps, he has very soft hands and is a natural hands catcher. On top of that, he runs a wicked wheel route. He is a bit top heavy with a narrow base, and runs with a bit too much lean, meaning he goes down a little bit easily on tackles at the legs. The drop against SF was one of his only really disappointing opportunities last season. Under ball control Pete, it's important to note that Turbin didn't put the ball on the ground once in his 100+ touches last season. I think the Turbin tweet has three possibilities: 1) He has been asked to be the 3rd down back to replace Leon, which would give him a bit more consistent weekly production, but probably limit his upside in fantasy, 2) He has been asked to convert to an H-back role, something akin to Delanie Walker last year, or 3) He has been asked to prepare for goal line duty or RBBC with Marshawn. I think with the drafting of Ware, it's unlikely the tweet meant he was converting to FB (why would he be excited about converting to FB?). That said, it still remains to be seen who is the handcuff for Marshawn, and who is the dynasty player to draft behind Marshawn. Michael has more athletic talent than any of the other backs, including Marshawn, but in the post draft presser, Carroll said he's a player that is expectedly weak in pass blocking and it is something he needs to work on to see much field time. The pattern of developing players in Seattle is to give them opportunities in game, and if they succeed, progressively give them more and more chances to see the field. Based on Turbin last season, I could see Michael seeing minimal field time in the first half of the season, and getting more touches over the second half of the season. That said, Turbin is a smart player who can "do it all" in the backfield, and I would expect Turbin to be the handcuff for the first half of the season and Michael possibly working his way into the handcuff role by the end of the year. The exact timing of the handcuff transition is dependent on Michael's learning curve, especially relative to the year advantage Turbin possesses in knowing the system and the year more recovery time Turbin has from leg injury/missed season (Turbo missed 2010, Michael missed 2012). As Michael is a workout warrior, the injury recovery time may be an insignificant factor. I personally wouldn't waste a roster spot with Michael in a redraft league, unless something happens at the top of the depth chart. In dynasty, Michael will be "the man" in two or three years, and the drafting of Michael tells you that Carroll is 100% serious about being a physical team that's going to run the ball down your throat.In redraft, Turbin likely has a fair bit more value than last year in terms of reliable production from week to week, and in a deep league could be a value as a flex or 3rd/4th RB. In dynasty, I think Turbin is a tough hold with limited roster space, as he is the underdog for touches compared to Marshawn in the near term and by Michael in the long term. That said, Turbin has the character/life experience outside of football that shows he is a beat the odds kind of player. go hawks

I saw a few youtube highlights of him lined up at DE. I almost wonder if they will rotate him around, he could play Red Bryants role if Red can't stay healthy.
My guess is they have Hill slated to be the 3-tech playing the DT next to Mebane. Quinn didn't like Bryant inside because hr was too tall, hence his move to the 5-tech on the outside. From what I've read over the past two days the plan is to put Williams on the outside behind Bryant at the elephant spot (5-tech).

Things are quiet. Too quiet.
Draft is over, minicamps are just starting. It's probably a good thing that it's quiet right now, about the only things that would be newsworthy would be bad. Too early to see if Irvin will work at SAM. What do you want to hear?

Things are quiet. Too quiet.
Draft is over, minicamps are just starting. It's probably a good thing that it's quiet right now, about the only things that would be newsworthy would be bad. Too early to see if Irvin will work at SAM. What do you want to hear?
Want to hear? The usual i guess. Who added 10 pounds of muscle? Who lost 10 pounds to get faster? Meaningless crap...

Users who are viewing this thread