What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Michigan fans...even at 63, Saban is a focus of the NFL media...get used to it.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/woody-can-deliver-ultimate-gift-a-championship-coach-in-saban/
I don't think there is any question that Harbaugh will go back to the NFL. Now, I don't personally think he'll do it for quite some time. He's not going to screw Michigan over, and he has plenty of money to ensure that won't happen. But if he can get them a NC and restore them to the heights, as well as pass off the baton to a good coach, that's a great 5-7 year plan. Who wouldn't like to restore their alma mater to greatness?

I've always thought Saban would eventually leave. The only reason he probably isn't is that he's getting old.

Michigan fans...even at 63, Saban is a focus of the NFL media...get used to it.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/woody-can-deliver-ultimate-gift-a-championship-coach-in-saban/
By the way, I think Saban learned his lesson the last time he was in the NFL. He would not go back to the NFL unless he had a QB. The Jets? Yeah, he's not going to go further ruin his NFL legacy by taking over that dumpster fire. Would he be the biggest hero in the world if he won a super bowl there? Of course. But where's he gonna get the QB?

Notre Dame vs LSU preview

Irish fans are just hoping to keep this one close, though I don't think it'll happen. The Irish named Malik Zaire as starter and that tells us one thing: Notre Dame plans to run the ball more. Casual fans think of Golson as mobile, but he was just mobile in the pocket. Zaire is the QB you can call designed runs for. He's got a stronger arm than Golson as well so expect the runs to set up deep pass attempts to Brown and Fuller.

Additionally look for Greg Bryant (#1) who is a stud five star back to see more time with Zaire under center. He hasn't played as much as Folston because Folston is the better pass protector, but if the Irish have any chance today, Bryant and Folston have to gain significant yards (200+).

I don't see that happening. With Sheldon Day back, the Irish DL becomes more respectable, but Fournette still abuses the Irish LBs.

Prediction: LSU 45 Notre Dame 24

Agree. Congrats to Michigan. Maybe the Big 10 will become relevant again.
I don't really care if the B1G is ever relevant again. I just want someone to finally step up and stop making the B1G schedule like a preseason warmup for tOSU. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh. MSU has come alive. Still, college football is just better if Michigan is competitive and actually a threat to tOSU. Harbaugh can make it happen. He's got some serious work to do. Their current recruiting class is terrible. Actually it's none existent.

He's not going to be able to do much for the class...it's incredibly small. They were only going to be able to take 12ish anyway so it's going to "rank" low regardless of how many "good" players they get. Prepare to be disappointed by ranking standards :shrug:

I don't care if Michigan gets a lot of recruits. It's too late for that. They need to get quality. Rankings are nice but not everything. Regardless, Michigan is currently ranked 90 and only has 5 3* or above guys. That's terrible. Maybe Harbaugh will go Urban Meyer on everyone and steal like a dozen of top kids from other teams.

I don't care if Michigan gets a lot of recruits. It's too late for that. They need to get quality. Rankings are nice but not everything. Regardless, Michigan is currently ranked 90 and only has 5 3* or above guys. That's terrible. Maybe Harbaugh will go Urban Meyer on everyone and steal like a dozen of top kids from other teams.
Bless your heart! Don't worry about Michigan they'll be fine. They have 6 recruits right now (about half their class maybe one or two under). Four of them are four star one is a legacy 3 star and one is a kicker

So is Oklahoma just a team that shows up for a big game every 3 to 6 years and we just give Stoops the benefit of the doubt? Why the long leash on that guy?

I wonder if he is hitting the recruiting trail yet? He should be able to steal away a few Pac recruits.

@tomdangelo44: #FSU has been told it's on list of schools Ohio State QB Braxton Miller is interested in playing for next year.

still have that feeling.

ducks roll over FSU, and after listening to the FSU player interviews yesterday from LA, I think the ducks are going to kill them by 30

SEC West is now 30-1 in out of conference games in 2014. The "1"? Notre Dame.

Two big things from the win:

1. ND's #1 recruit is from LA and LSU has been trying to poach him. Yesterday solidified his commitment.

2. This week is when the all star games are played and buzz coming out of the win is already very favorable for ND prospects.

SEC West is now 30-1 in out of conference games in 2014. The "1"? Notre Dame.

Two big things from the win:

1. ND's #1 recruit is from LA and LSU has been trying to poach him. Yesterday solidified his commitment.

2. This week is when the all star games are played and buzz coming out of the win is already very favorable for ND prospects.
Doesn't matter though. Kelly's still the coach right?

LSU DC John Chavis is apparently leaving LSU for TAMU.
Not official yet, but not looking good. No way that doesn't blow up this recruiting class. LSU needs to be ready with a big name to replace him or this could get ugly.
Wonder if Muschamp is regretting his move now.
That would have been nice. Not sure who they go after. Some names I've heard kicked around are

Orgeron-might salvage this recruiting class

Fangio- doubt it

Karl Dunbar- :shrug:

Kevin Steele- doubt it

Nothing would make me happier than the rabid crazy fanbase of delusional Ole Miss fans to get stomped 49-0 ending their "dream season". Most arrogant fanbase (without any reason at all) that I've ever encountered. As much as I don't like Auburn, at least they've actually DONE SOMETHING. Ole Miss never does anything, yet they still think they are close or will soon be a national power.

Hugh Freeze is going to regret passing on the Florida job for a long, long time.

Nothing would make me happier than the rabid crazy fanbase of delusional Ole Miss fans to get stomped 49-0 ending their "dream season". Most arrogant fanbase (without any reason at all) that I've ever encountered. As much as I don't like Auburn, at least they've actually DONE SOMETHING. Ole Miss never does anything, yet they still think they are close or will soon be a national power.

Hugh Freeze is going to regret passing on the Florida job for a long, long time.
Ole Miss has pretty girls.

I feel the same way about Arkansas fans.

Former Clemson QB, and Jim Kelly's nephew, Chad Kelly transferred to Ole Miss.

The perfect replacement for good/bad Bo.
Just wanted to comment on this as I haven't seen much posted about it in here on a quick search. He's a local kid who went to my rival high school....went to Clemson, flamed out, and had a tremendous season in JuCo this year (same school that Bo Wallace went to, I think).

Just 10 days after committing to Ole Miss, he got arrested outside a bar in Buffalo. Apparently he got thrown out of a bar around 3 AM, tried to get back in, got denied, punched a bouncer in the face and claimed he was going to get an AK-47 out of his car to "spray this place". He got in his car and started driving away (he was the passenger), and they got pulled over by the cops, who I guess asked to search the vehicle based on his comment. He got belligerent and got arrested. He was charged with third-degree assault, second-degree harassment, second-degree menacing, resisting arrest, fourth-degree criminal mischief and second-degree obstructing governmental administration. His court date is on January 5th; Hugh Freeze says he won't make any judgements on anything until after the court date.

On Christmas Eve, he very publicly volunteered at a soup kitchen. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the arrest....

Here's the Buffalo News article about the arrest. And an editorial from local writer Bucky Gleason after the arrest.

ETA - sorry if this has been posted...I've been out of town and nothing came up under a search for "Chad Kelly" in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread