What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (2 Viewers)

Can't we get Urb off my tv and on a sideline in the middle of corn country please?
In the AD's press conference he specifically mentioned a coach's character being important. I took that as a way to shoot down all the Urban talk.

That is dumb.
Do you really want the baggage that comes with Urb? I mean, he'd have to open a steakhouse/bar to attract college girls for him to grind on.

Can't we get Urb off my tv and on a sideline in the middle of corn country please?
In the AD's press conference he specifically mentioned a coach's character being important. I took that as a way to shoot down all the Urban talk.

That is dumb.
Do you really want the baggage that comes with Urb? I mean, he'd have to open a steakhouse/bar to attract college girls for him to grind on.

I'm not a fan of Nebraska or Meyer. But I'd rather have him coaching a college team than on tv.

As a Husker fan I am really hoping Mickey Joseph succeeds. The problem with the current list of candidates:
Urban Meyer (not going to happen)
Kyle Whittingham (no way he leaves Utah)
Matt Rhule (intriguing if he wants to leaveCarolina Panthers to go to college)
Dave Aranda (is NU a step up from Baylor?)
Matt Campbell (is NU a step up from Iowa State?)
Luke Fickell (one of my favorites - but Cincy is better than NU at this point)
Bill O'Brien (does he leave Alabama as OC to take over this dumpster fire)
Chris Klieman (Kansas State...not sure he would be a home run hire)

There are others I have seen, also including Mickey Joseph if he can turn this mess of a season around.

Is who wants to come to a program that has fallen mightily since the glory days of the 80s and 90s?

There are all kinds of rumors coming out of Lincoln about Frost. At this point - anyone with a little pedigree and integrity will be a step up.

There are all kinds of rumors coming out of Lincoln about Frost. At this point - anyone with a little pedigree and integrity will be a step up.

What are the rumors? Scandal? Not putting the work in? Other?
Both, but have no idea what is true. Not sure why it really matters at this point. Not that the AD needed any excuses for the firing. Frost's record is enough of a reason.

Will be at the game Saturday. Looking forward to it. Had a great time in Norman last year.

Will be at the game Saturday. Looking forward to it. Had a great time in Norman last year.
Also thoroughly enjoyed last year. Here's hoping it's a similar/better result this season for us. I'll be watching from home but wish I had the chance to go up to Nebraska.

My Husker connected buddy told me the Raiola rumor…basically Frost got drunk and missed a dinner w the family, then the son…who’s the #1 overall recruit in ‘24…signed w OSU.

I always wake up Saturday mornings in the fall to see which games I want to watch and…damn this might the worst week I can honestly recall. There are literally no games that stand out to me.

Are Nebraska Fans that dumb or just really Desperate chanting they want Urban? Dude is a scumbag who even Florida fans these days don't like. Dude has numerious violations and kept a coach who beat the crap out of his partner. Not a good dude. Once the going gets tough there he'll retire with "health issues" or something.

I always wake up Saturday mornings in the fall to see which games I want to watch and…damn this might the worst week I can honestly recall. There are literally no games that stand out to me.
It’s bad but I’ll be watching OU/Neb, Au/PSU, and TAMU/Miami…all with undertones of Coach drama.

Switched to OU/Nebraska game. Truly a bad bad batch of games today imo.

I’m out running errands & decided to listen to UCONN/MICH. Had no idea Jim Brandstatter and Dan Dierdorf retired. The new guys are horrible.

Anyway what’s more fun than Home Depot on a Saturday...

I’m out running errands & decided to listen to UCONN/MICH. Had no idea Jim Brandstatter and Dan Dierdorf retired. The new guys are horrible.

Weed whacking and lawn mowing?
That would be way more fun.

Installing about 10-12 cameras in my octogenarian MIL’s home so we can keep tabs on her. She’s had a few mini strokes in the past year.

Still a great cook though & looking forward to her pulled pork.

Yeah, they didn't exactly cast a wide net for the job search, just hired a couple of guys that already work for the station that owns the local radio rights.

Only watching this one because I like Gabriel A family member of his I believe knows former Phillie Shane Victornio's family or something. Our one sports analyst Taryn Hatcher at NBCSports Philly covered Hawaiin Sports and has talked him up a few times since she met him while still working on the Island. She's actually local from Philly and came home when openings at Comcast Sportsnet happened and NBC took over. Her first interview was Victorino. My one cousin worked in Seattle with Former Phillies Pitcher Cole Hamel's sister. Her and Hamels plus Utley and Howard get with Shane and his family in Hawaii over the winter holidays. My cousin has texted or shown me pics she's sent him over the years of all of them in Hawaii.

Also my dad's best friend from school moved to Hawaii and married his wife who was a North Philly girl him from South Jersey and their son not even a week younger then me was born there. So I have a soft spot for Hawaiian sports.

Installing about 10-12 cameras in my octogenarian MIL’s home so we can keep tabs on her. She’s had a few mini strokes in the past year.

Not sure of her situation but my Grandparents about 15 yrs ago moved to an over 55 community smaller home and could bring their dog who unfortunately died shortly before moving in. Took care of my pop-pop when he had his health issues. Grandma moved into assistant living even though she didn't need to but didn't want to go unwillingly without a choice either if something happened recently. Anyway you guys can get her into a community like this? They do great with their communities health issues and a medical facility there.

That or maybe having someone check up on her like an at home nurse or whatever? Just a few thoughts and ideas to help you. The pulled pork sounds great though

Not sure of her situation but my Grandparents about 15 yrs ago moved to an over 55 community smaller home and could bring their dog who unfortunately died shortly before moving in. Took care of my pop-pop when he had his health issues. Grandma moved into assistant living even though she didn't need to but didn't want to go unwillingly without a choice either if something happened recently. Anyway you guys can get her into a community like this? They do great with their communities health issues and a medical facility there.

That or maybe having someone check up on her like an at home nurse or whatever? Just a few thoughts and ideas to help you. The pulled pork sounds great though

Thanks gb. She has a lot of friends in the neighborhood & her community of faith looks after her. They had a meal train going for several months after she lost her husband in February, those folks check on her often. She also walks to a nearby senior center for social activities & organized bus trips. Fairly ensconced & would not want to move.

But with the system I’m putting in my BIL & I + the wives can monitor her from our phones or desktop. Hopefully she can stay independent bc I honestly think that’s best for now. Probably tough choices down the road but…she’s good for now.

When I run across this situation, I look for the game with the highest projected total and a relatively low point spread. Or, in years past, I would watch whatever AAC game was on. This year, it’s the Sun Belt.

Oklahoma vs Nebraska was one of the best rivalries to watch in my youth. So many great games. What crap the Huskers have become.
We all know the big issues with location, more wisespread TV, but B10 isn’t a good fit…and they need to recruit Texas, CA and FL again somehow. Play OOC games in those states.

Oklahoma vs Nebraska was one of the best rivalries to watch in my youth. So many great games. What crap the Huskers have become.
We all know the big issues with location, more wisespread TV, but B10 isn’t a good fit…and they need to recruit Texas, CA and FL again somehow. Play OOC games in those states.
It’s fun to think about how if they stayed in the big 12 and continued at a reasonably competent level they probably would have had a ticket to the sec with OU and UT. But, then they would have just been destroyed there and now they have plenty of big 10 money. I think their time as a major program just ran out. It happens.

Rees committing highway robbery cashing a paycheck weekly. He’s one of the worst OC’s in college football. This is a 3-9 ND team largely because of his offense.

Rees committing highway robbery cashing a paycheck weekly. He’s one of the worst OC’s in college football. This is a 3-9 ND team largely because of his offense.
QB not helping…would like to see a win in the Kelly Green!

QB not helping…would like to see a win in the Kelly Green!
Pyne is awful too. Hard to believe fans were calling for him over Buchner. Hope they go to the freshman soon. Rees recruited all of these guys though, so it’s his players he’s coaching out there.

Rees didn't look like a jack wagon at all talking to the QB on the phone......first game for the backup QB let's rip him

Rees didn't look like a jack wagon at all talking to the QB on the phone......first game for the backup QB let's rip him
To be fair, it’s the most fight anyone on the team has shown all year. That said, Pyne is now playing terrified of throwing a pick.

They need to put in the freshman and just play sandlot ball. Just do it and let the kid sling it. Won’t be worse than this.

Freeman might get fired after three games. He really might. Every phase but punting is completely lost like a ship with no rudder. Unbelievably inept and they’ll be forced to do something big soon.

It's almost like leaving the big12 wasn't a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread