What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

I continue to despise Oregon as a new resident of the state. They're basically Nebraska. Fan base just refuses to accept that reality. Kind of like Nebraska's.

Targeting penalty needs to be reviewed this off-season. It’s too subjective and easy to call when sometimes it’s not close or in the spirit at all ala UT/Bama a few weeks ago and just now kid is hit in the chest, head snaps back and they call and confirm targeting on ND.

Middle Tenn State not buying The U hype.

Mario Cristobal continuing his impeccable record of ruining good college QB's.
Does it help or hurt his case that Miami is perennially overrated?
:shrug: Not sure, but Van Dyke looks nothing like the excellent quarterback he was last year.

@BradPowers7

10m

Miami getting the entire Mario Cristobal experience in one month. Star QB benched (blamed) for what ultimately is a questionable offensive system. Hurricanes failing to cover by 46.5-points!!!

I continue to despise Oregon as a new resident of the state. They're basically Nebraska. Fan base just refuses to accept that reality. Kind of like Nebraska's.

Fan here, I've accepted the reality that this team isn't all that great, but don't lump us all together. Some fans are out of touch, others aren't. I think this team is closer to good than Nebraska.

Hendon Hooker having himself a game.
So happy my Hokies let him go. Seriously. Hooker has tons of talent and Fuentes never made any use of it.

Of course we also told Steph Curry he was too small, so we've got a history of the Athletic department screwing things up.

Nebraska out here catching stays on a bye week. :lmao: The Baylor vs ISU game was a battle between coaches on Nebraska's "list". The loser now has to coach Nebraska, so Campbell it is.

I mean what is Texas going to do in the SEC? They barely compete now in a conference with Texas Tech and Baylor. They’re going to go and get rocked and make a ton of money and have some prime time games where they lose in hilarious fashion and that’s fine for them.

I mean what is Texas going to do in the SEC? They barely compete now in a conference with Texas Tech and Baylor. They’re going to go and get rocked and make a ton of money and have some prime time games where they lose in hilarious fashion and that’s fine for them.
Nebraska 2.0?

If you all really want to understand ND’s defiance about joining a conference with significant history, I think you point to a school like Nebraska. Miami and Penn State are also fringe examples, but where Nebraska is apropos is it went from a seat at the adult table to clearly being a step child in a new conference and they’re stuck and seems like the conference doesn’t care if they elevate again.

No reason IMO they can’t compete for a Division title regularly, right? With some down years. They’ll be pressure to step up from todays level on Sark but recruiting is in a great spot. Tenn, LSU, Florida level seems like the floor to me.

And OU thinks they have a chance when they join SEC?

No reason IMO they can’t compete for a Division title regularly, right? With some down years. They’ll be pressure to step up from todays level on Sark but recruiting is in a great spot. Tenn, LSU, Florida level seems like the floor to me.

Texas has had two players catapult it to the national stage, and the remainder of the time have been extremely mediocre to bad. There's a lot of evidence now that they simply can't develop players for the culture there, and the recruiting rankings are at least partially inflated. They set themselves up in a conference where they ostensibly needed to win one game to get a championship every year and have watched Baylor take two, and TCU one, in that time while getting zero.

This is the NIL era where anything can happen, they certainly are getting in a circle over Manning, doubt it matters.

Oregon State secondary looked great last night. If their offense wasnt so horrid they would have pulled that off. Feeling fortunate SC got out of their last night.Williams looked atrocious which Oregon St get a lot of credit for.

Think Williams wanted to force the big play and wasn’t as patient as he should have been and was locking onto one guy.

Users who are viewing this thread