What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2024 Golf Thread, pick up the pace, HCP be a changing *** (2 Viewers)

Driver all of a sudden is a mess and my irons are about 10 yards shorter. Been working on my swing path. A lot more consistent but lost distance. That being said shot 82 today in the cold and wet

Last edited:
Reactions: Zow
after 10 rounds with the callaway rogue driver I decided to take it back to Golf Mart and switch it for a taylormade stealth. I absolutely hated the dull feeling at impact and the regular flex was not working once I was properly warmed up. Used a taylormade stealth while traveling for 2 rounds and found it to be more to my liking, went with the 2022 version as opposed to the stealth 2 and saved about $150.

The other day I was at a store hitting a 7 wood. Guy turned me on to a 9/24* wood. I'd never even heard of one before a couple weeks ago. I really liked it and think I'll buy one.

My 4-6 irons are hybrids. And I have two different/older 19 degree hybrids (a 3 Taylor made, 5 Adams). The 9W hits it that distance but brings it in at a steeper angle so it doesn't skip off the green.

Look at me - I think I hit greens! :lol:

Driver all of a sudden is a mess and my irons are about 10 yards shorter. Been working on my swing path. A lot more consistent but lost distance. That being said shot 82 today in the cold and wet
You're able to play in Jersey right now? Jealous.

ugh, I fell this...all of this. I had my short game dialed in and driver/long irons were a mess but now I've reversed all of this and suddenly I can't hit a green from a 100 yards and in. I'm either long or short and have no confidence in my distance control :wall: it's an infuriating game to say the least. I need to make the adjustment to soggy fairways and not try and play like it's a dry course.

We had a couple of really nice days earlier in the month. I would have went out and played but i had other stuff going on.

Definitely starting to get the itch right now. I believe my last round was December 30th, so its now been over a month since I teed it up.

Going down to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware in 2 weeks for a Bachelor Party. If the weather is nice (maybe we get lucky with a 50+ degree day) and the itinerary (still TBD) allows for it. I may try and squeeze in a round at Baywood Greens. Obviously the conditions will be meh, but looks like the cost would only be like $50. Well worth it for my sanity.

Kicked around the idea of a long weekend trip somewhere warm at some point in late Feb/early march,(just to get 2-3 rounds in) but couldn't make it work. I have two weddings in March plus I always take the first 2 days of the NCAA tournament off. Plus one of my larger clients renews late in March as well. Being an adult sucks.

We had a couple of really nice days earlier in the month. I would have went out and played but i had other stuff going on.

Definitely starting to get the itch right now. I believe my last round was December 30th, so its now been over a month since I teed it up.

Going down to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware in 2 weeks for a Bachelor Party. If the weather is nice (maybe we get lucky with a 50+ degree day) and the itinerary (still TBD) allows for it. I may try and squeeze in a round at Baywood Greens. Obviously the conditions will be meh, but looks like the cost would only be like $50. Well worth it for my sanity.

Kicked around the idea of a long weekend trip somewhere warm at some point in late Feb/early march,(just to get 2-3 rounds in) but couldn't make it work. I have two weddings in March plus I always take the first 2 days of the NCAA tournament off. Plus one of my larger clients renews late in March as well. Being an adult sucks.
Baywood is fantastic. I think Heritage shores is also in that area and is nice. Lots of options

Baywood is fantastic. I think Heritage shores is also in that area and is nice. Lots of options

Yeah, I played it once with my family like 6 years ago when I was first getting into the game seriously. Unfortunately, they had just punched the greens like a week before (we were there in Mid-april) and I was shooting 110 at that point....so I really didn't get the full experience.

Obviously a mid-February round wouldn't be ideal either. But if I'm just trying to get in a somewhat reasonably priced round at a nice track, its probably the best option in the area. Hopefully I get lucky with the weather.

Gonna be down in your neck of the woods in late march for the wedding. Probably gonna try and play a round on Sunday before I head back home (and possibly Friday morning if I can fit it in before the rehearsal stuff) Thinking I'm going to play Riverton Country club as my first choice (Never played a Donald Ross course) and then either Medford Village or Little Mill if I can squeeze in a 2nd round. All 3 are available on Open Rounds.

Oh, I hear you. I had it planned to play the last couple of Fridays in a much warmer area and some good cash games (while I still live in AZ, I now live in the part that gets actual snow and winter) but in both instances my trials got vacated and I had to be adult and couldn't justify the multiple hour drive each way just for golf.

Yeah, I played it once with my family like 6 years ago when I was first getting into the game seriously. Unfortunately, they had just punched the greens like a week before (we were there in Mid-april) and I was shooting 110 at that point....so I really didn't get the full experience.

Obviously a mid-February round wouldn't be ideal either. But if I'm just trying to get in a somewhat reasonably priced round at a nice track, its probably the best option in the area. Hopefully I get lucky with the weather.

Gonna be down in your neck of the woods in late march for the wedding. Probably gonna try and play a round on Sunday before I head back home (and possibly Friday morning if I can fit it in before the rehearsal stuff) Thinking I'm going to play Riverton Country club as my first choice (Never played a Donald Ross course) and then either Medford Village or Little Mill if I can squeeze in a 2nd round. All 3 are available on Open Rounds.
Woah you will be real close. I prefer little mill just slightly over Medford village. Surprised they are listed as they are both a little "snooty" ....well they used to be

ugh, I fell this...all of this. I had my short game dialed in and driver/long irons were a mess but now I've reversed all of this and suddenly I can't hit a green from a 100 yards and in. I'm either long or short and have no confidence in my distance control :wall: it's an infuriating game to say the least. I need to make the adjustment to soggy fairways and not try and play like it's a dry course.
Soggy = slows club down more, so swing a little more full or take an extra club depending on distance?

Soggy = slows club down more, so swing a little more full or take an extra club depending on distance?
i need to work on hitting ball first and picking it clean, no room for hitting ground first in wet conditions

i need to work on hitting ball first and picking it clean, no room for hitting ground first in wet conditions
It was more me asking, but trying to take a stab, at what you have to change when conditions change. I don't actually know - what should you do differently to play soggy vs dry?

It was more me asking, but trying to take a stab, at what you have to change when conditions change. I don't actually know - what should you do differently to play soggy vs dry?
For me, wet ground isn't an issue for striking the ball (I'm pretty good at picking the ball without issue), but is an issue for stance and footing. So, I generally do try to slow my swing speed and condense my swing to preclude slipping (which could cause me then to hit it fat as my swing plane gets offline).

Riverton is really nice. You'll enjoy it.

Heading to LA for work starting Sunday. Taking the clubs with me to hopefully get a round a couple rounds in. At a minimum will be nice to hit some balls outdoors and away from the single digit weather.

Hit the new Ping 430's yesterday. Wowza!

They're too expensive for my blood, but maybe next year I'll pick up a couple second hand.

Checking out the used market...

Why would fairway wood shafts be so much heavier than your driver's? A 70g shaft in a 3 or 5 wood seems pretty heavy considering I have a 60g in my driver. I would h have thought it to us the other way and I'd want a 50g in the fairways.

Why would fairway wood shafts be so much heavier than your driver's? A 70g shaft in a 3 or 5 wood seems pretty heavy considering I have a 60g in my driver. I would h have thought it to us the other way and I'd want a 50g in the fairways.
Well it depends on what you typically play. An average driver shaft is 55g. You would then want your 3 wood to be between 60-75ish grams. 5 wood maybe a little heavier.

The reason is to try to have a balanced swing consistency with all the woods. Since your 3 wood is shorter in length than your driver the shaft is heavier to "balance" out the weight between driver and 3 wood.

This is how standard clubs are. Now you get into customizing and stuff obviously things can get different. I play a 65g driver shaft for example

Last edited:

Well it depends on what you typically play. An average driver shaft is 55g. You would then want your 3 wood to be between 60-75ish grams. 5 wood a little heavier.

The reason is to try to have a balanced swing consistency with all the woods. Since your 3 wood is shorter in length than your driver the shaft is heavier to "balance" out the weight between driver and 3 wood.

This is how standard clubs are. Now you get into customizing and stuff obviously things can get different. I play a 65g driver shaft for example
That makes sense, that's.

My swing speed is right on the senior border (about a 95) but when I took out the 55g regular from my driver and replaced it with a 60g stiff, it helped out a ton.

So if I'm looking at 5 or higher woods, I guess I AM looking for about a 70g shaft.

Well it depends on what you typically play. An average driver shaft is 55g. You would then want your 3 wood to be between 60-75ish grams. 5 wood a little heavier.

That makes sense, that's.

My swing speed is right on the senior border (about a 95) but when I took out the 55g regular from my driver and replaced it with a 60g stiff, it helped out a ton.

So if I'm looking at 5 or higher woods, I guess I AM looking for about a 70g shaft.
There is no set number technically - if you are able to swing a bunch you might like a 65g 3 wood. Its all preference. I'm just letting you know how a standard set is. A heavier shaft usually will result in lower ball flight and then factor in stiffness and such things. You might find a 60g 3 wood works

That being said if you are playing a 60g stiff - i would estimate a 70g stiff for your fairways would give you the same feel.

There is no set number technically - if you are able to swing a bunch you might like a 65g 3 wood. Its all preference. I'm just letting you know how a standard set is. A heavier shaft usually will result in lower ball flight and then factor in stiffness and such things. You might find a 60g 3 wood works

That being said if you are playing a 60g stiff - i would estimate a 70g stiff for your fairways would give you the same feel.
Well, I guess that's why you have the option to swap out shafts if one doesn't work.

ETA: Well would you look at that? I guess I never paid close attention. My 3W has a 75g shaft and the 5/19 degree hybrid has an 80. Never ever would have guessed that.

Last edited:

Well, I guess that's why you have the option to swap out shafts if one doesn't work.

ETA: Well would you look at that? I guess I never paid close attention. My 3W has a 75g shaft and the 5/19 degree hybrid has an 80. Never ever would have guessed that.
:grad:

Nashville golf guys. I'll be there (well, Franklin really) the weekend of March 10-12. Do you have a course recommendation?
Not from Nashville, but played there last year. The Hermitage was my favorite from the group of courses we got on. It's 36, so you can spend a whole day there or go back to back days. Was only like $75 with a cart for each course and I think they had a 36 hole special, so price is pretty decent.

I've developed a sickness over the off season. :oldunsure:

2018 Odyssey EXO Putters

Not sure why I love these things so much. I bought the Rossie a while ago and decided to collect all 3 of the models that were released together in 2018. That goofy looking Indianapolis feels so good and putts so well that it will probably be the one I end up using the most.

May end up gifting one to a buddy when he retires from coaching soon. The colors match with the colors of the team he has coached forever. A custom embroidered headcover with the team logo would be a nice touch.

Heading to LA for work starting Sunday. Taking the clubs with me to hopefully get a round a couple rounds in. At a minimum will be nice to hit some balls outdoors and away from the single digit weather.

It was so nice to go from weather in the single digits to the mid-70s in LA. Got to go to the range a couple times after work and played Angeles National one morning. Was having a great round until hooking a ball into this area full of cacti. At 1st i was shocked that I was finding so many ProV1s and TP5s wondering why nobody would get their balls that weren't really hidden. While I was pocketing brand new balls and noticed a blood spot on my pants, got hit with about 50 cactus needles that went through through my pants and stuck in the skin. While trying to pull them out they'd get stuck in my fingers. Was bleeding all over the place. Needless to say my game went to ****. Couldn't hit the ball straight anymore and didn't venture to go find anything that went slightly OB.

Went out before the super bowl yesterday and was 5 over after 15 holes, double 16, miss a 3 foot par putt for bogey on 17 and then implode with a triple on 18 :wall: at least netflix has their golf show come out in 2 days

Nashville golf guys. I'll be there (well, Franklin really) the weekend of March 10-12. Do you have a course recommendation?
Not from Nashville, but played there last year. The Hermitage was my favorite from the group of courses we got on. It's 36, so you can spend a whole day there or go back to back days. Was only like $75 with a cart for each course and I think they had a 36 hole special, so price is pretty decent.
Hermitage is nice and definitely the best option nearest to Franklin. In general, the golf sucks in Nashville. Most of the courses in the Brentwood/Franklin area are private. When I am in Nashville (my office is in Brentwood), I usually play Harpeth Hills. It's a municipal course, it's not bad and super cheap. But I would recommend paying up for Hermitage.

Greystone in Dickson is a nice course and cheaper than Hermitage. It's about the same time driving from downtown Franklin (each about 45 min), but Dickson is quite far from downtown Nashville (about 40 miles west). So if you're planning on going to downtown Nashville after playing golf, you will want to play at Hermitage.

Bought a new (marked down) M4 Driver...from using an 8-year-old M1...added 20 yards instantly off the hot face. I know it'll settle but it was fun hitting to places i never have on 4 different holes at my course. Added an M4 5-wood to replace my old M1 3-Wood, as i've been debating the distance ideal for my course on par 5 second shots...feel much more in control of accuracy and distance vs the 3-wood.

Hermitage is nice and definitely the best option nearest to Franklin. In general, the golf sucks in Nashville. Most of the courses in the Brentwood/Franklin area are private. When I am in Nashville (my office is in Brentwood), I usually play Harpeth Hills. It's a municipal course, it's not bad and super cheap. But I would recommend paying up for Hermitage.

Greystone in Dickson is a nice course and cheaper than Hermitage. It's about the same time driving from downtown Franklin (each about 45 min), but Dickson is quite far from downtown Nashville (about 40 miles west). So if you're planning on going to downtown Nashville after playing golf, you will want to play at Hermitage.
We'd likely go on Friday from the airport to Hermitage then to Franklin. So that's probably the best bet, thanks!

We'd likely go on Friday from the airport to Hermitage then to Franklin. So that's probably the best bet, thanks!
If that's the case, then absolutely go to Hermitage.....it's close to the airport.

Big three-day member guest this week. Trying to not get overly excited and lose sleep/focus on work. Also trying to figure out what to do at the gym this week as I want no soreness going into Thursday.

How do you all prep for the "bigger" tournaments you play in?

OMG...... haven't played or touched a club in 5 weeks? Obviously cause winter

But I have been doing the golf forever pretty regularly for the most part. Tee'd it up today with no range before hand (was closed)....

The first few shots were pulls but after that man did I feel good. Almost felt like my old self hitting the ball. My mishits were solid but slightly offline. I didn't hit one half wedge fat. The driver was on fire. Putting was good, everything was online just speed was off.

My 3/4 wedges were back to the low trajectory one hop stop

The only thing that my new self couldn't do which usually is the second best part of my game was hit out of a bunker. I am usually: 💰 out of bunkers but today everything was a touch thin, cost me 4 shots.

The only bad drive I hit was when I was trying something different to lower my trajectory and I pull hooked it. Same hole I thinned a bunker shot to make triple. I also hit my chips too good today. I had a few I was going to bump and run and hit them so crisp they checked up on me so I didn't carry them far enough

I didn't block one driver by losing balance. My score wasn't great 87 46-41 but I am very optimistic. Oh we also played in 20mph wind so that was tough. I know my putting speed will come back. As long as I can figure whatever changed in my swing is messing up my bunker play, I am feeling very confident.

Its funny I've played like complete dog crap but scored better because I'd get up and down out of bunkers and make some putts.

I think I slid through the ball once. The biggest thing was I didn't feel like I was forcing myself to turn like I have been prior to getting back in shape. I'm sure I'll go off the rails at some point but man it was exciting. I'll never get my old length back at my age but I was back to hitting irons my old distance. A few too many toe bias irons but I think I'm actually too close to the ball

My back hurts bad right now but man am I looking forward to the upcoming season. I've been swinging badly the last couple years that I had to force things to cover my faults now that I fixed some of the the address and slide issues, those band aids are now the cause of issues. I hopefully should be able to fix that

Last edited:

But I have been doing the golf forever pretty regularly for the most part. Tee'd it up today with no range before hand (was closed)....

The first few shots were pulls but after that man did I feel good. Almost felt like my old self hitting the ball. My mishits were solid but slightly offline. I didn't hit one half wedge fat. The driver was on fire. Putting was good, everything was online just speed was off.

The only thing that my new self couldn't do which usually is the second best part of my game was hit out of a bunker. I am usually: 💰 out of bunkers but today everything was a touch thin, cost me 4 shots.

The only bad drive I hit was when I was trying something different to lower my trajectory and I pull hooked it. Same hole I thinned a bunker shot to make triple. I also hit my chips too good today. I had a few I was going to bump and run and hit them so crisp they checked up on me so I didn't carry them far enough

I didn't block one driver by losing balance. My score wasn't great 87 46-41 but I am very optimistic. Oh we also played in 20mph wind so that was tough. I know my putting speed will come back. As long as I can figure whatever changed in my swing is messing up my bunker play, I am feeling very confident.

Its funny I've played like complete dog crap but scored better because I'd get up and down out of bunkers and make some putts.

I think I slid through the ball once. The biggest thing was I didn't feel like I was forcing myself to turn like I have been prior to getting back in shape. I'm sure I'll go off the rails at some point but man it was exciting. I'll never get my old length back at my age but I was back to hitting irons my old distance. A few too many toe bias irons but I think I'm actually too close to the ball

My back hurts bad right now but man am I looking forward to the upcoming season. I've been swinging badly the last couple years that I had to force things to cover my faults now that I fixed some of the the address and slide issues, those band aids are now the cause of issues. I hopefully should be able to fix that
winter bunkers are my nemesis at times, i forget to leave my club face more square with the bunkers more firm and open it up like it’s soft sand. usually my second ball that i rocket it into orbit is when i remember to square the face and leave my face in the bunker.

Big three-day member guest this week. Trying to not get overly excited and lose sleep/focus on work. Also trying to figure out what to do at the gym this week as I want no soreness going into Thursday.

As for practice, I focus on lag putting, and specifically two putting from distance. It allows you to nail down speed and practice short ones. Depending upon format, it could all come down to putting. I play a game with myself where I can't leave until I two putt from 5 different locations at 35' or greater.

Get sleep, and do lots of stretching and flexibility. My back tends to tighten up and my swing gets shorter throughout each round, so my focus is on core leading in to a multiday tourney. During the tourney, don't drink too much. Eat well - including snacks and hydration on the course. Apart from that, it's all about soaking in the moment and enjoying myself. I play my best when I'm grateful to be playing and don't beat myself up over bad shots or bad holes. Good luck!

• Thanks
Belljr and the others who are doing Golf Forever - is it really worth it? I know there was a brief mention of it upstream but I'm trying to figure out if I should go for it. The equipment is around $200 (with at least one place offering $20 off), and the monthly fee is $24.99 according to their site. I've bought swing trainers before so I don't mind spending the $200 as a few of the trainers have really helped (thinking of the putting mirror and orange whip). And I spend $24.99 on stupid stuff all the time, so that monthly fee (that doesn't come with a contract, so I can cancel at any time) isn't too bad. My main concern is to get more flexible in my old age so I can golf forever, so if you can tell me that you're definitely getting more flexible, that's the key. Because while I want to improve my scores, my goal on the golf course is to have fun, and golfing without pain (good golf or bad golf) makes for a much more enjoyable round.

winter bunkers are my nemesis at times, i forget to leave my club face more square with the bunkers more firm and open it up like it’s soft sand. usually my second ball that i rocket it into orbit is when i remember to square the face and leave my face in the bunker.
They just redid all the bunkers so the sand felt soft and grainy if that makes any sense. I was definitely make a "divot" in the sand but it was not my normal divot definitely shallower and started back too far

As for practice, I focus on lag putting, and specifically two putting from distance. It allows you to nail down speed and practice short ones. Depending upon format, it could all come down to putting. I play a game with myself where I can't leave until I two putt from 5 different locations at 35' or greater.

Get sleep, and do lots of stretching and flexibility. My back tends to tighten up and my swing gets shorter throughout each round, so my focus is on core leading in to a multiday tourney. During the tourney, don't drink too much. Eat well - including snacks and hydration on the course. Apart from that, it's all about soaking in the moment and enjoying myself. I play my best when I'm grateful to be playing and don't beat myself up over bad shots or bad holes. Good luck!
No chance I’m following your advice on not drinking too much as I “always play better when [I’m] wasted,” but love the rest! Thanks for the input. Did stretching, core, and got great sleep this week.

No chance I’m following your advice on not drinking too much as I “always play better when [I’m] wasted,” but love the rest! Thanks for the input. Did stretching, core, and got great sleep this week.
my biggest thing is one shot at a time, this past sunday i forgot that and fell apart with 3 holes to go. had i slowed down just a second i would have probably saved a 79 but i had a few beers and fireballs and forgot to do that and went from 5 over to 11 over :wall: one shot at a time with the golf shot and the booze

Belljr and the others who are doing Golf Forever - is it really worth it? I know there was a brief mention of it upstream but I'm trying to figure out if I should go for it. The equipment is around $200 (with at least one place offering $20 off), and the monthly fee is $24.99 according to their site. I've bought swing trainers before so I don't mind spending the $200 as a few of the trainers have really helped (thinking of the putting mirror and orange whip). And I spend $24.99 on stupid stuff all the time, so that monthly fee (that doesn't come with a contract, so I can cancel at any time) isn't too bad. My main concern is to get more flexible in my old age so I can golf forever, so if you can tell me that you're definitely getting more flexible, that's the key. Because while I want to improve my scores, my goal on the golf course is to have fun, and golfing without pain (good golf or bad golf) makes for a much more enjoyable round.
@joker

Golf forever is not a swing trainer, it's an exercise program, sure you take some swings with it as you progress but on the whole I consider it an exercise program. I spent one day doing 30 minutes of nothing but hip stretches and man I was sore lol. I picked it up in November? And fiddled here and there but once the new year hit been pretty consistent 3 times a week for the most part. I still do the recommend programs and haven't really "picked my own". A little about me for background. I'm 51. I am 5'9" When I graduated from college, I weighed 180lbs an I was a solid low body fat in shape 180 and was working out 6 days a week. I played baseball and ice hockey into my 30s and started taking golf seriously after college. Then family, work kids, car accident, injuries happened, I stopped playing sports as much and got up to 205. I was still kind of working out but not as much. I stopped going to the driving range etc. Then COVID hit, I stopped coaching and I really let myself go. Put on another 20 stopped working out completely and hurt my back and hip again. My golf game suffered. So 2023 I decided to rededicate my fitness/diet. I was looking for something golf centric

The reason I tell you all this is to let you know I'm no stranger to the gym, working out, being in shape etc. I've started very slowly and light by design and will ramp up probably in another month. To me it's totally been worth it. I've enjoyed it immensely. Watching JT get a quick workout in using it was like OK....

I didn't exercise for probably close to 2 years so I definitely didn't want to push it.

All I can tell you it feels like it's been worth it for me. Today was the first round I've played since using it for 2 months and I 100% noticed a difference. I was stable, able to turn better and just generally felt comfortable more than I have over the past 3 years.

I'm a 7 hcp index fwiw

If you have any specific questions feel free

My .02 ymmv

my biggest thing is one shot at a time, this past sunday i forgot that and fell apart with 3 holes to go. had i slowed down just a second i would have probably saved a 79 but i had a few beers and fireballs and forgot to do that and went from 5 over to 11 over :wall: one shot at a time with the golf shot and the booze
Employing a “system” for the week and my partner is a pretty good drink caddie. I’m really kind if strange in the fact that my drink “cliff” is pretty high up and I could stumbling around but I can settle myself to confidently drain and 8-footer.

Plan today (day one of three) is to drink and enjoy myself but not overdo it. Got the early tee time so got all afternoon and evening to recover.

Golf forever is not a swing trainer, it's an exercise program, sure you take some swings with it as you progress but on the whole I consider it an exercise program. I spent one day doing 30 minutes of nothing but hip stretches and man I was sore lol. I picked it up in November? And fiddled here and there but once the new year hit been pretty consistent 3 times a week for the most part. I still do the recommend programs and haven't really "picked my own". A little about me for background. I'm 51. I am 5'9" When I graduated from college, I weighed 180lbs an I was a solid low body fat in shape 180 and was working out 6 days a week. I played baseball and ice hockey into my 30s and started taking golf seriously after college. Then family, work kids, car accident, injuries happened, I stopped playing sports as much and got up to 205. I was still kind of working out but not as much. I stopped going to the driving range etc. Then COVID hit, I stopped coaching and I really let myself go. Put on another 20 stopped working out completely and hurt my back and hip again. My golf game suffered. So 2023 I decided to rededicate my fitness/diet. I was looking for something golf centric

The reason I tell you all this is to let you know I'm no stranger to the gym, working out, being in shape etc. I've started very slowly and light by design and will ramp up probably in another month. To me it's totally been worth it. I've enjoyed it immensely. Watching JT get a quick workout in using it was like OK....

I didn't exercise for probably close to 2 years so I definitely didn't want to push it.

All I can tell you it feels like it's been worth it for me. Today was the first round I've played since using it for 2 months and I 100% noticed a difference. I was stable, able to turn better and just generally felt comfortable more than I have over the past 3 years.

I'm a 7 hcp index fwiw

My .02 ymmv
I understand it's an exercise program, and should have worded it differently - that's what I was looking for, whether or not the exercise part was worth it and if you were definitely seeing improvement as far as flexibility. Our backgrounds are pretty similar other than me having a few years on you and being a 13hcp instead of a 7 like you are. I'm far enough along on my "get in shape" plan to be within 10 lbs of my goal weight, but looking to focus on mostly stretching and flexibility. Do you do most of your flexibility exercises in the gym with the trainer/cable thing, or do you follow the program at home? Are weight workouts included in the exercises or is it all body weight w/the trainer/cable?

I'm a 7 hcp index fwiw

My .02 ymmv
I understand it's an exercise program, and should have worded it differently - that's what I was looking for, whether or not the exercise part was worth it and if you were definitely seeing improvement as far as flexibility. Our backgrounds are pretty similar other than me having a few years on you and being a 13hcp instead of a 7 like you are. I'm far enough along on my "get in shape" plan to be within 10 lbs of my goal weight, but looking to focus on mostly stretching and flexibility. Do you do most of your flexibility exercises in the gym with the trainer/cable thing, or do you follow the program at home? Are weight workouts included in the exercises or is it all body weight w/the trainer/cable?
so in the app you pick what equipment you have. The options are swing trainer, bands, dumbbells, foam roller, excercise ball..... then they pick specific workouts. Its usually half stretch then half "power" training. Some have been nothing but stretching. You can also just pick and choose which workouts you want to do.

I do everything in my basement - the swing trainer comes with a door attachment, 2 bands (light - medium) , 2 handles and weight balls to put in the end. I already have foam roller, weight bench, kettlebells BUT I only use the bands/bar and roller.

The only workout I can't do in my basement so far is when you do full swings with the bar.

So one exercise routine I like involves the swing trainer bar attached to cable which is attached to door. you start on floor and do roational excercises, then stand, then presses with lunges etc etc. You control how easy or hard my hand placement on the handles and tension you put on the band

Last edited:
I know it's the wrong thread but the big cat is about to tee off and I'll have to stream his round on my phone while playing my afternoon money game 🐯

Users who are viewing this thread