What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Compass Bowl and FCS Championship Game thread*** (1 Viewer)

How does time expire in that situation? WSU picked up a first down with 2:36 OTC. Clock stops on a first down. 25 second clock begins after the ball is spotted. So they wait until about 2:12, snap, take knee. Say that takes three seconds, it's at 2:09 when the 40 second clock starts. So they snap again at about 1:35 and take a knee, the 40 second clock starts at 1:32. They snap again at about 0:55. There's still about 12-15 seconds OTC when they have to snap on 4th down.
After the QB fumbled the non fumble, the clock was stopped up at 2:01, or 8 seconds less than your estimate. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but couldn't you kneel it on 2nd/3rd and run out of the back of the end zone for a safety on 4th down, worst case scenario? They snapped it 4 seconds after the "non fumble" which is inexcusable given that they had no problem running down the play clock the drive before.
Since there was a clock stoppage due to the review, the play clock was 25 seconds rather than 40 on the second down play. So 2:01 minus :25 gets them to 1:36, snap, minus :40 gets them to :56, snap, minus :40 gets them to :16 give or take. So it's essentially the same.

How does time expire in that situation? WSU picked up a first down with 2:36 OTC. Clock stops on a first down. 25 second clock begins after the ball is spotted. So they wait until about 2:12, snap, take knee. Say that takes three seconds, it's at 2:09 when the 40 second clock starts. So they snap again at about 1:35 and take a knee, the 40 second clock starts at 1:32. They snap again at about 0:55. There's still about 12-15 seconds OTC when they have to snap on 4th down.
After the QB fumbled the non fumble, the clock was stopped up at 2:01, or 8 seconds less than your estimate. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but couldn't you kneel it on 2nd/3rd and run out of the back of the end zone for a safety on 4th down, worst case scenario? They snapped it 4 seconds after the "non fumble" which is inexcusable given that they had no problem running down the play clock the drive before.
McShay also mentioned something else I had forgotten about. Wazzu could have gone to the locker room up 35-20 at halftime. Instead, with under a minute left, and on their own 21..... incompletion, sack, incompletion, punt. CSU gets a FG just before halftime. That FG was the final margin.

Leach blows.
He's produced over-achieving teams wherever he's gone.

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl :towelwave:
Just put some :moneybag: on your Bison Even money. :popcorn:

Like I was saying, first team ever to be excited about playing in the Potato Bowl.
It's the Bulls not the Bison, but I will let it slide. I do think they'll show up to play today, but I know nothing about SDSU so I have no idea how they match up.

If anyone's watching, keep an eye on OLB #46 Khalil Mack. Barring an injury or a bad combine, he's a top 15 pick in the upcoming NFL draft. SI and CBS 1st team All-American, USA Today and AP 2nd team. RB #32 Branden Oliver will get an NFL look as well.
What the #### is this garbage? I was way off.

Raider Nation said:
:kicksrock:

Sorry, Tasker. You can only hope to contain the Aztecs.
It's like they've given up.

I've never seen a team talk so much #### and then lose by like 6 touchdowns. What a joke.

Glad I tuned into this what I thought was nothing bowl game.

I had the fortune to watch one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen. I've got no dog in this fight, but WSU deserves every bit of this loss. Very entertaining.

I laughed my ### off at the result. Hope the rest of the ball games bring this level of entertainment.

Which is worse?

A. RN anti-Leach shick

B. Buffalo Bulls Football

C. [icon] and Joe T logic
Who's the one with the shtick? Or are you seriously going to defend that horrific coaching.
Are you going to end up in the [icon] or Joe T category? Pretty sure that is the worst combination of metrosexual/stupid in the history of the internet. Really your choice at this point.

Raider Nation said:
:kicksrock:

Sorry, Tasker. You can only hope to contain the Aztecs.
It's like they've given up.

I've never seen a team talk so much #### and then lose by like 6 touchdowns. What a joke.
Ugh. Took SDSU in pickem pool but not in my net points pool. Had to save room for Wazzoo and Fresno.

:ptts:
I took UB in mine cause I had to, but with very low confidence. I wasn't exactly expecting a win, but I was expecting them to show up....I didn't expect this absolute bloodbath.

Oh well, maybe they'll make another bowl 5 years from now.

Nice celebration by the Buffalo receiver to cut the deficit to a mere 25 with less than a minute to go.

For the life of me, I couldn't tell you which conference either of these teams are in. Cusa or Sun Belt but I think Tulane might be headed to the American?

@celebrityhottub: DID YOU KNOW: It's called the Carrier Bowl because 94% of the New Orleans crowd has weed on their person.

Users who are viewing this thread