What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dez Bryant (2 Viewers)

'texasbirdfan said:
'vesihiisi said:
The nicest thing I can say about Bryant's brainpower is he IS the least sharpest knife in the drawer.
I wish the irony here was purposeful--but it wasn't.
Exactly, that should have read "he IS the most least-sharpest knife in the drawer."
you guys gotta be part time hair splitters....
Pro-tip: If you're going to criticize someone's "brainpower", don't #### it up.

'texasbirdfan said:
'vesihiisi said:
The nicest thing I can say about Bryant's brainpower is he IS the least sharpest knife in the drawer.
I wish the irony here was purposeful--but it wasn't.
Exactly, that should have read "he IS the most least-sharpest knife in the drawer."
you guys gotta be part time hair splitters....
Pro-tip: If you're going to criticize someone's "brainpower", don't #### it up.
I didn't- the syntax and sentence were written correctly- it wasn't a criticism anyway it was a backhanded compliment based on facts of test scores and lack of street smarts in performance.

Tony Romo: Dez Bryant has ability to be great; I love playing with him 44 50 comments (11) By Jon Machota / Special Contributorjmachota@dallasnews.com11:38 pm on June 17, 2012 | PermalinkTony Romo’s job on Sundays can be made a lot easier if Dez Bryant meets expectations. Entering his third NFL season, Bryant has pleased the Cowboys front office and coaching staff with his improved conditioning and production during organized team activities and mini-camp. Romo was recently asked for his personal assessment of the 23-year-old wide receiver and responded by saying he can see that Bryant is consistently getting better. “He just keeps improving and improving. He’s a kid that I enjoy playing with because he wants to get better,” Romo said during an interview that was aired Sunday on CBS 11’s The Blitz. “He’s always asking, ‘Hey Tony, what can I do to be better?’ I love playing with guys like him, Miles (Austin) and these guys. They want to be better themselves and they’re trying to do anything they can to get better.” “The guys that really want to be great and have that ability to be great, you can’t have enough of those guys,” Romo added. “And we got a few of them. Dez is just a great kid like that. He’s getting better and better every week.” Bryant said last month that injuries limited him for the majority of the 2011 campaign, a sophomore season that saw him finish with 63 receptions for 928 yards and nine touchdowns. While he improved in every major statistical category from his rookie season, Bryant’s production faded late in several outings and he failed to record a 100-yard game. The former Oklahoma State standout and first round draft pick, has performed well on the field during OTAs and mini-camp, making several impressive grabs and appearing to be on the same page with his franchise quarterback. “Dez has had a really good off-season,” Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said two weeks ago. “He’s working very hard. He’s done a very good in our off-season program in both his lifting and his running and he’s carried that to the field.” Follow Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota
The window is closing fast :football:

Morris Claiborne cites Dez Bryant as a Cowboys leader

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

The Cowboys are wildly popular, but they haven't been particularly good lately. That forces us in the media to stretch to find reasons why. One popular theme in Dallas: Does the team have enough leaders?

First-round draft pick Morris Claiborne was asked that question Monday by NFL Network's Lindsay Rhodes for a segment that will air Wednesday on "NFL Total Access." Claiborne threw out a surprising name.

"We have a lot of leaders on our team right now," he said. "DeMarcus Ware, Romo, you even hit Dez up being a leader. All those guys are leaders and all those guys are trying to help us win a championship."

We've read a lot of puff pieces about Bryant this offseason, but this is a little different. Perhaps its a sign that he's truly stepping up in practice. (Or perhaps its meaningless offseason playerspeak. Hello, late June!)

Claiborne also indicated that he remains on track to be ready for training camp following wrist surgery.

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

The Cowboys are wildly popular, but they haven't been particularly good lately. That forces us in the media to stretch to find reasons why. One popular theme in Dallas: Does the team have enough leaders?

First-round draft pick Morris Claiborne was asked that question Monday by NFL Network's Lindsay Rhodes for a segment that will air Wednesday on "NFL Total Access." Claiborne threw out a surprising name.

"We have a lot of leaders on our team right now," he said. "DeMarcus Ware, Romo, you even hit Dez up being a leader. All those guys are leaders and all those guys are trying to help us win a championship."

We've read a lot of puff pieces about Bryant this offseason, but this is a little different. Perhaps its a sign that he's truly stepping up in practice. (Or perhaps its meaningless offseason playerspeak. Hello, late June!)

Claiborne also indicated that he remains on track to be ready for training camp following wrist surgery.
Used to hear every year when Vick was a Falcon on how he was stepping up in the off-season- Bryant reminds me......

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

All I know is, IF Dez figures it out, look out! There are not many people on the planet with as much physical talent as Dez. That said, elite physical talent is not the whole story. If Dez had Jerry Rice's work ethic, he'd be SCARY.

So thats the million dollar question.

All I know is, IF Dez figures it out, look out! There are not many people on the planet with as much physical talent as Dez. That said, elite physical talent is not the whole story. If Dez had Jerry Rice's work ethic, he'd be SCARY. So thats the million dollar question.
I'm tired of hearing about his talent. It is what it is and life is what you make of it.As far as I'm concerned he was the Cowboys Wr3 in some of those games last year and he'll be drafted too high again this year especially in PPR leagues.

punk, plays too violent for unnecessary yards, not tall enough to be a dominant red zone threat. Oh did I mention character issues. look elsewhere... if your thinking larry Fitz, ur mistaken

punk, plays too violent for unnecessary yards, not tall enough to be a dominant red zone threat. Oh did I mention character issues. look elsewhere... if your thinking larry Fitz, ur mistaken
You lose all credibility with a statement like this.

Ok, we all know the story here.

I tend to think he's gonna be a TD machine and have a very solid season. But, I know someone will overpay for him in my leagues and he prolly wont be on my rosters.

The guy widely thought to be the 2nd best RZ threat in the game behind Megatron isn't tall enough to be a dominant RZ threat? Ok. And I won't even get into the absurdity of playing too "violently" for "unnecessary" yards. Players should try to get as many yards as possible every play. And "punk" and "character issues" are basically the same thing, so good job saying the same thing twice.

All I know is, IF Dez figures it out, look out! There are not many people on the planet with as much physical talent as Dez. That said, elite physical talent is not the whole story. If Dez had Jerry Rice's work ethic, he'd be SCARY. So thats the million dollar question.
I'm tired of hearing about his talent. It is what it is and life is what you make of it.As far as I'm concerned he was the Cowboys Wr3 in some of those games last year and he'll be drafted too high again this year especially in PPR leagues.
This is interesting to read from a Cowboys fan. Dez was not ever the Cowboys' WR3 on the field, in terms of who the defense paid attention to. Why do you think Laurent Robinson had such a great season? Because there was very little defensive attention on him. You notice the Cowboys made almost no effort to bring Robinson back.

The guy widely thought to be the 2nd best RZ threat in the game behind Megatron isn't tall enough to be a dominant RZ threat? Ok. And I won't even get into the absurdity of playing too "violently" for "unnecessary" yards. Players should try to get as many yards as possible every play. And "punk" and "character issues" are basically the same thing, so good job saying the same thing twice.
To be fair, I think Gronkowski is probably right up there with Megatron. Unless you were restricting it to WR's.

This is interesting to read from a Cowboys fan. Dez was not ever the Cowboys' WR3 on the field, in terms of who the defense paid attention to. Why do you think Laurent Robinson had such a great season? Because there was very little defensive attention on him. You notice the Cowboys made almost no effort to bring Robinson back.
There's a lot of people here who like to spout off random crap like they watched any game when it's obvious they probably just read stat lines. If you watched the games, you would notice that defensive attention was ridiculous on Dez. He's a physical freak, but he's no Megatron. He's pretty useless when double covered, or he was his first 2 years. When he's at full strength and one on one with any DB however, even Revis, he'll destroy them. I'm too lazy to look at the stats, but I remember when Austin was out, coverage on Dez was ridiculous, which I would assume helped Robinson go crazy. Now that Austin and Dez are both healthy, I see an uptick in stats for Dez...the breakout part will depend on if he studies the playbook a little harder and learns to beat some double coverage.

He's working on that.
plays too violent for unnecessary yards
There have been numerous articles this off-season with quotes from Bryant talking about this--and how he needs to learn when to go all out for that extra yard, and when to be a little more conservative to preserve his legs and his health. He's learning, even though he's a naturally violent/aggressive receiver.
not tall enough to be a dominant red zone threat.
Three things: 1. He's about 6'2"-- it's not like he's 5'10. With his explosiveness, that's plenty tall.2. He has scored 15 TD's in his career so far. Not exactly lacking in that category for a young guy coming onto a team with very established receivers already in place. 2. He is already a great redzone threat either way. So I don't ever see TD's being a problem.
Oh did I mention character issues.
Already addressed.So basically, you attacked a post detailing what Dez COULD be if he put it all together. And then said absolutely nothing of substance to refute that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy widely thought to be the 2nd best RZ threat in the game behind Megatron isn't tall enough to be a dominant RZ threat? Ok.
Actually a year before it's "widely thought". Settle down!

Other receivers before Robinson had a chance to make an impact for the Cowboys in the same situation as Robinson but they failed. Of course I'd take Dez over Robinson but Dez has underachieved slightly IMO and I'm tired of reading about potential and that he was triple covered. The guy needs to work harder on his route running and needs to become mentally tougher. He's easily thrown off his game as he gets frustrated and then needs a babysitter to tell him it's Ok, he'll get the ball next series.

Ok, we all know the story here.

I tend to think he's gonna be a TD machine and have a very solid season. But, I know someone will overpay for him in my leagues and he prolly wont be on my rosters.
The TD machine you are looking for is Laurant Robinson.
:confused: Do you mean Laurent Robinson of the Jacksonville Jaguars?
Last year, but my point is it wasn't Dez. The way Jax throws the ball Calvin wouldn't sniff 10 td's.

I don't know how, I got pretty smashed at the auction, but I ended up with this clown again. FML.
Great contribution. Every single piece of news about Bryant this summer has been beyond positive.
Gosh that's weird, usually the summer is full of negative stories.
sometimes it is...for him particularly there haven't been a lot of positives in the past. He was certainly never called a leader, never was praised for being in shape, etc.. This year there is clearly a different tone coming out of camp. Whether you think it's just training camp fluff or maybe he's really starting to get it is what each FF drafter will have to discern for themselves. Most people will view the news not objectively but through their pre-determined leanings. If you're in the Dez is a punk camp this is all TC noise and he'll always be a punk and an overhyped bust...if you're in the physical freak camp he's turning the corner on his way to stardom.Time will tell.

'gebz306 said:
He's working on that.
There have been numerous articles this off-season with quotes from Bryant talking about this--and how he needs to learn when to go all out for that extra yard, and when to be a little more conservative to preserve his legs and his health. He's learning, even though he's a naturally violent/aggressive receiver.
Three things: 1. He's about 6'2"-- it's not like he's 5'10. With his explosiveness, that's plenty tall.2. He has scored 15 TD's in his career so far. Not exactly lacking in that category for a young guy coming onto a team with very established receivers already in place. 2. He is already a great redzone threat either way. So I don't ever see TD's being a problem.
Already addressed.So basically, you attacked a post detailing what Dez COULD be if he put it all together. And then said absolutely nothing of substance to refute that.
Your criticism is well deserved. Its my frustration coming out. There has been talk of Dez trying to turn things around. His twitter comments do indicate that. A few of them he even acknowledge his past mistakes. Who knows, maybe his 2 year old son is helping that process...less hanging out with his friends at the mall.Now on to his game. He is not what I consider a dominant end zone threat. From what I remember, Dallas had trouble getting into the end zone with Jones and Miles/Bryant. They eventually turned to Murray and figured out Robinson was a match up nightmare as a 3rd wr. Miles is not an amazing talent but dependable and plays soundly. Dez, in my eyes is not a true #1 wr...yet. Without Robinson there will be more opportunities for fades and red zone targets. Does he have the physical ability to time the passes and come down with them? When I think of a red zone fade wr I think of a guy who is 6'4". He may be able to come down with them, but in your gut as a coach it has to be more comforting to throw to a guy who is taller than 6'2". I feel like the coaching staff doesnt believe he can be an all around go to guy like other wr's in the league.As far as playing too physical, I will not back down from this one. I always like to refer back to Marvin Harrison. This guy was absolutely incredible running his routes so fast and gaining the necessary yards but when the field was collapsing he knew when to get down. A little more so than some would like in his later years, yes. There were multiple plays when Dez got the first down and needed to go down instead of pushing for that extra yard even if it meant putting his body at substanctial risk. Reggie Bush is a prime example of what Im getting at. Is he slowing down? Probably a tad but the patience emerged last year in miami and we saw great things. Although, this year he has a crowded backfield on a bad team I will lean on the side of caution. The less erratic careless play, the better. Dez needs to learn how to play "smarter". If he doesnt, he will be gone like Reggie from the Saints.Of course I would love to see this guy become a true #1 that the Cowboys and us fantasy freaks count on. I feel like I saw him enter the game only to exit due to a sprained ankle, awkward hit or landing violently all year long in 2011.Fantasy Football is about finding gold. Up to this point he is the lead painted gold from city slickers 2. I watched him very very carefully last year because I owned him in 2-3 leagues. I hope he starts out hot. If he doesnt, and he still gets dinged you are going to be stuck with him all year. I fully believe in filling my roster with players that still hold their value if stuff hits the fan. Thats my #1 conclusion after all these years. His ADP this year is close to what it was last year. Conclusion: I dont think his playing style and questionable character validate his ADP. Looking at the list of players that are ranked near him, I would rather choose them. I will take a year off from Dez and consider him down the line, just not right now.

Dez Bryant raves of Dallas Cowboys' new workouts

By Dan Hanzus

Writer

Dez Bryant has been something of a tease over his first two NFL seasons, but the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver believes a new workout regiment will make a difference.

"It affected me big time," Bryant said, via ESPNDallas.com. "I feel much quicker. I'm coming out of my breaks faster. I got in shape real quick. I know all the other guys have been going through the same workouts, so I'm pretty sure they feel the same exact way. I feel like the team is just really ready to go. I'm not going to predict anything, but I know for a fact that we're ready to go."

Bryant finished last season with 63 receptions for 928 yards with nine touchdowns, but he had a propensity to disappear in the second half of games. For the season, Bryant had 37 receptions for 558 yards and seven touchdowns during the first two quarters. After halftime, Bryant caught 26 passes for 370 yards and two touchdowns.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in June he believed conditioning -- and not a nagging thigh injury -- played a role in the second-half struggles. We don't know if Jones' criticism motivated Bryant, but it appears the Cowboys will get a more physically prepared player in 2012.

'gebz306 said:
He's working on that.
Your criticism is well deserved. Its my frustration coming out. There has been talk of Dez trying to turn things around. His twitter comments do indicate that. A few of them he even acknowledge his past mistakes. Who knows, maybe his 2 year old son is helping that process...less hanging out with his friends at the mall.Now on to his game. He is not what I consider a dominant end zone threat. From what I remember, Dallas had trouble getting into the end zone with Jones and Miles/Bryant. They eventually turned to Murray and figured out Robinson was a match up nightmare as a 3rd wr. Miles is not an amazing talent but dependable and plays soundly. Dez, in my eyes is not a true #1 wr...yet. Without Robinson there will be more opportunities for fades and red zone targets. Does he have the physical ability to time the passes and come down with them? When I think of a red zone fade wr I think of a guy who is 6'4". He may be able to come down with them, but in your gut as a coach it has to be more comforting to throw to a guy who is taller than 6'2". I feel like the coaching staff doesnt believe he can be an all around go to guy like other wr's in the league.As far as playing too physical, I will not back down from this one. I always like to refer back to Marvin Harrison. This guy was absolutely incredible running his routes so fast and gaining the necessary yards but when the field was collapsing he knew when to get down. A little more so than some would like in his later years, yes. There were multiple plays when Dez got the first down and needed to go down instead of pushing for that extra yard even if it meant putting his body at substanctial risk. Reggie Bush is a prime example of what Im getting at. Is he slowing down? Probably a tad but the patience emerged last year in miami and we saw great things. Although, this year he has a crowded backfield on a bad team I will lean on the side of caution. The less erratic careless play, the better. Dez needs to learn how to play "smarter". If he doesnt, he will be gone like Reggie from the Saints.Of course I would love to see this guy become a true #1 that the Cowboys and us fantasy freaks count on. I feel like I saw him enter the game only to exit due to a sprained ankle, awkward hit or landing violently all year long in 2011.Fantasy Football is about finding gold. Up to this point he is the lead painted gold from city slickers 2. I watched him very very carefully last year because I owned him in 2-3 leagues. I hope he starts out hot. If he doesnt, and he still gets dinged you are going to be stuck with him all year. I fully believe in filling my roster with players that still hold their value if stuff hits the fan. Thats my #1 conclusion after all these years. His ADP this year is close to what it was last year. Conclusion: I dont think his playing style and questionable character validate his ADP. Looking at the list of players that are ranked near him, I would rather choose them. I will take a year off from Dez and consider him down the line, just not right now.
I rest my case!.....Is this the time to buy?

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

Claiborne scored a 4 on the wonderlic .... he probably also thinks Tony Romo is a place you go to eat dinner. The Cowboys are lucky he can find his way to the facility on a day to day basis.

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

Claiborne scored a 4 on the wonderlic .... he probably also thinks Tony Romo is a place you go to eat dinner.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Buy low. Hear the story? His mom tried to hit him and he pushed her per the news this morning here in Dallas. As if you never did that in your early 20s...

ETA: argument among family...push...give me a break. I may finally get to go buy the guy now.

'Instinctive said:
Buy low. Hear the story? His mom tried to hit him and he pushed her per the news this morning here in Dallas. As if you never did that in your early 20s...
Aaah, NO, I didn't. When mom swings at you, you take it. This isn't a rule, it's just what you do. Push my mom, really? are you fishing here?? :confused:

Dez Bryant 'remorseful' about incident with mother

By Dan Hanzus

Writer

One day after it came to light that Dez Bryant was arrested for allegedly assaulting his mother, a longtime advisor said the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver regrets the trouble he has caused.

"He's very remorseful," the adviser, David Wells, told the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. "He loves his mom to death. And that's about it. No one wants to be in a situation like this. No one wants to go to jail."

Angela Bryant ran to Wells' house before making her 911 call Saturday. Wells -- who says Bryant and his mother are "always communicating" -- spoke in platitudes when asked how Bryant can avoid issues in the future.

"Every day of your life, you've got to put God first and continue to be yourself," Wells said. He has to strive, every day, to be a better man. He came into the league and he made it a goal to play football. He is remorseful about this happening. He is."

"Right now, we're just trying to get things cleaned up and continue to put God first and hopefully this thing can get resolved and he can get back to business."

No offense to Mr. Wells, but we're lacking evidence that he, God or anyone else has gotten through to Bryant just yet.

Lead story today's Dallas Morning News Sports - Rick Gosselin- Sports Editor and NFL guru

titled NOT SO HOT in the print version:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20120718-gosselin-dez-bryant-has-yet-to-show-his-special-talent-on-or-off-the-field.ece

Gosselin: Dez Bryant has yet to show his 'special' talent on or off the field

All too often the focus on Dez Bryant has been off the field.

With the Cowboys opening training camp next week, let’s shift the focus back to Bryant on the field. While his conduct off the field has been discouraging, his play on the field has been disappointing.

Let’s return to April 2010. I went back to my draft notes to see what NFL talent evaluators were saying about Bryant coming out of Oklahoma State. He was off the draft boards of some teams because of character concerns, but there was no questioning his ability.

“If he was clean of character, he’d be a top 10 pick,” said one NFL GM.

“Football-wise, he’s Andre Johnson with better quickness,” said an NFC scout. “Athletically, he’s a freak. He’s the third best player in this draft, but …”

That “but” — concerns for his maturity and character — triggered his slide from the top 10 talent-wise to the Cowboys, who finally claimed him at No. 24 on a trade-up. Bryant wasn’t even the first wide receiver taken.

So it was with great expectations that the Cowboys welcomed Bryant to Valley Ranch. There would always be concerns about him off the field, but when Bryant was on the field, the Cowboys believed they stole a playmaker whose talents could rival those of the franchise’s resident Hall of Famer Michael Irvin.

Jerry Jones believed Bryant was worth the risk. Dez was that special a talent.

But the Cowboys have yet to see “special” from Bryant in his two seasons thus far.

There were 82 different NFL receivers who managed 100-yard games in 2011. Bryant was not one of them. He has played 27 career games now and collected 100 yards in just one of them. Dez is still looking for his first 1,000-yard season as well as his first Pro Bowl invitation as he heads into Year 3 of his career.

Let’s look at some other receivers in recent years selected in Bryant’s draft range. Demaryius Thomas went ahead of Bryant in the 2010 draft, going to the Broncos on the 22nd selection. In the 2009 draft Percy Harvin went 22nd to the Vikings, Hakeem Nicks 29th to the Giants and Kenny Britt 30th to the Titans. In 2007 Dwayne Bowe went 23rd to the Chiefs; in 2006 Santonio Holmes went 25th to the Steelers; and in 2005 Roddy White went 27th to the Falcons.

None carried the talent grade of Bryant on their draft cards. But Harvin was invited to the Pro Bowl in his first year, Nicks and Bowe collected 1,000-yard seasons in their second years, and Britt and Thomas each had a 200-yard receiving game on the books before entering their third seasons.

All had lesser quarterbacks than Tony Romo throwing them passes with the possible exception of Nicks — and that remains a tasty topic of discussion locally as to which team has the better quarterback, the Cowboys or Giants. If you think it’s Romo, then Bryant definitely has been underachieving. The better the quarterback, the better the receiver. Ask Irvin.

Nicks had six 100-yard games in his first two seasons and Bowe, Britt, Harvin and Holmes four apiece. Bryant’s best game was a 104-yard effort against the Giants in 2010. He should be a far better receiver than he’s shown thus far.

Looking back, the biggest victory by the Cowboys last season came in San Francisco against the 13-3 49ers. Ironically, that was the one game Bryant did not play in 2011.

In the six games veteran Pro Bowler Miles Austin missed because of injury last season, the Cowboys needed Bryant to perform like the Pro Bowler they believe he can be. But Laurent Robinson, who was signed off the streets last September, was the more productive receiver with more catches and more yards than Bryant during Austin’s absence.

Now Robinson is gone. And Austin is two years removed from his Pro Bowl standing as one of the best receivers in the game. It’s time for Dez Bryant to show up as an elite receiver. He’s overdue.

On the positive side, both Holmes and White made breakthroughs in their third seasons. Holmes was named the Super Bowl MVP and White earned his first Pro Bowl invitation with his 83-catch, 1,202-yard showing for the Falcons.

Maybe the third year will be the breakthrough season for Bryant as well. Regardless, it’s time for him to start making more noise on the field than off.

Some welcome perspective on Dez Bryant

By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

A big thanks to Twitter follower Coy Lebrija (@CoyLebrija) for alerting me to this story from the website of the Oklahoman about Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant. As we all know and have been discussing in intense depth all week, Bryant was arrested Monday on domestic violence charges and has established a pattern of poor choices and bad behavior off the field during his brief time in the NFL. This story is about Bryant, the kid from Oklahoma, and why it might be that he finds himself unable to avoid his poor choices. It is worth the full read, but this is a key excerpt from Berry Tramel's piece:

A Lufkin teacher emailed me Tuesday to try to provide a glimpse of Dez’s situation.

"The news media, the Dallas Cowboys, the public, the normal sports fan, cannot imagine the life that this young man had," wrote the teacher, who I later spoke to and wished to remain anonymous. "What he had to overcome can't be imagined by most decent people.

"He comes from absolutely no home life, but when he was drafted, the family came out of the woodwork."

At OSU, Dez never was a problem in terms of behavior. People throughout the athletic department will admit that Dez was completely irresponsible — didn't always go to class, late for meetings, didn't understand the concept of a schedule — but never was he a problem otherwise. No drinking. No drugs. No disrespect.

"The Dez I knew would not beat up his mother," said Marilyn Middlebrook, OSU's associate athletic director for academic affairs. Middlebrook termed Dez "sweet" but "irresponsible."

I am not arguing that a difficult upbringing makes it OK to hit your mother. Let's make sure that's clear right now. And I am not arguing that Bryant, at age 23, doesn't need to take responsibility for his choices and his behaviors. But too often, the debate over Bryant gets too narrow-minded and focuses on certain things to the exclusion of others. And way too often, people who talk about Bryant assume they know why he acts the way he acts and profess an impossible degree of certainty that he's irretrievable, or worse, "not worth the trouble."This is a human being we're talking about here, and when we do talk about him, his value as a football player and his future in the NFL or the world at large, I think it's worth understanding whatever we can about where he's come from, what's behind the issues and just what it is that he's up against as he tries to figure it all out in the spotlight. I don't know if he will or not. But if he does, it'll be a hell of a comeback story.

The concern - knock on Dez coming out of college, and why he dropped in the draft was his attitude, lack of maturity, work ethic, and off the field BS. All factors that would prevent him from EVER becoming a top level stud in the NFL. Here we are 3 years later and it appears he's falling right into those concerns. People who drafted this guy can not be objective
:blackdot: ....this will be fun to point back to
One point Loqutis

The concern - knock on Dez coming out of college, and why he dropped in the draft was his attitude, lack of maturity, work ethic, and off the field BS. All factors that would prevent him from EVER becoming a top level stud in the NFL. Here we are 3 years later and it appears he's falling right into those concerns. People who drafted this guy can not be objective
:blackdot: ....this will be fun to point back to
One point Loqutis
How? You dont even know the true story yet....whatever..I will give you a point..Work ethic has been documented as strong...one point DansRams :boxing:

The true story is... He's an immature punk, who had the cops called on him by his own mother. Who has yet to put together a complete game, and who plays for a team that doesn't plan to offer him a second contract

Does he need to fall off the back of a pickup truck before you admit he's a lost cause.

, Dude, it's not just a river in Egypt.

'DansRams said:
Work ethic has been documented as strong...one point DansRams :boxing:
Uh, what? What has been documented is he can't play more than one half of an NFL game without getting oxygen.

'DansRams said:
Work ethic has been documented as strong...one point DansRams :boxing:
Uh, what? What has been documented is he can't play more than one half of an NFL game without getting oxygen.
Think he meant this offseason. There has been a lot of positive chatter about Bryant's work ethic improving. Not saying it's true, but maybe it's worth half a point. A third? A tenth?

The true story is... He's an immature punk, who had the cops called on him by his own mother. Who has yet to put together a complete game, and who plays for a team that doesn't plan to offer him a second contractDoes he need to fall off the back of a pickup truck before you admit he's a lost cause. , Dude, it's not just a river in Egypt.
Dude, Jump of your box. You are starting to sound like an imature punk yourself. We are playing fantasy football here. Not measuring if someone is going to make it to the "Good People" Hall of Fame.A lost cause?? :rolleyes: maybe you were talking about this thread???? :fishing: Cause I would agree this thread is a lost cause.And comparing him to Chris Henry???? Really??? :penalty:

Users who are viewing this thread