What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The Patriot knob-slobbing is unbearable.

"OH MY GOD... they took a kid with cancer who should have been a 2nd rounder... SUCH A 'PATRIOT' PICK!"

Have a cookie.

Draft notes: Acho nothing to sneeze at in Arizona

NEW YORK — A few notes, thoughts and observations from Radio City Music Hall as Round 4 of the NFL draft unfolds.

The Cardinals passed (again) on a quarterback with the 103rd overall pick, but they did take Texas LB Sam Acho. He played down at Texas, but with Darnell Dockett and Bryan Robinson inside, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock expects Acho to play up in Arizona. “He’s a bit of a tweener, but I love his intelligence and intangibles,” Mayock said.

The Vikings added depth to the “Williams Wall” at No. 106 with Iowa DT Christian Ballard, who might prove to be one of the best value picks in the middle rounds. According to Mayock, who had Ballard at No. 70 overall, most teams rated him with second-round skills.

Georgia WR Kris Durham was the first player drafted — at No. 107 overall by the Seahawks — who didn’t attend the NFL Scouting Combine.

The Broncos continue to load up on defensive players as they transition to a 4-3 defense. After using three of their first four picks on defensive players — LB Von Miller, FS Rahim Moore and LB Nate Irving — the Broncos’ first Day 3 pick was Oklahoma S Quinton Carter. “I like his combination of range and ball skills. The talent and the skill set is there.” Mayock said of Carter.

The Dolphins continued their run of offensive players by adding one of the draft’s fastest players, Abilene Christian WR Edmond Gates, at No. 111 to complement Davone Bess and Brandon Marshall. “This is a guy who takes the lid off of a zone defense,” notes Mayock, who rated Gates No. 63 overall. The Dolphins have used all three picks on offensive players, building around QB Chad Henne.

– Frank Tadych

Folks know anything about the Safety the Bengals picked? (Sands). Addresses a need, so I'm pleased. Bengals going very tic-tac-toe sticking to their board and filling needs. If they take a DE and an RB they'll pretty much have addressed all of the biggest spots.

-QG

Dang it Jacquizz to the Falcons *cancels QuizzGuy jersey order*-QG
lol...Jacquizz is a solid addition in the fifth round for the Falcons - yet another play maker for Matt Ryan.Cardinals take 5'10" 242 lb. RB Anthony Sherman to further crowd their backfield and the Bills add RB Johnny White to their backfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals draft Nicky Whelan oh I mean Ryan Whelan.

Would've been better off with Nicky.

Looks like they let Mikey Boy finally make a pick.

-QG

What a horrible landing spot for D.J. Williams. He'd have big time fantasy potential in a lot of places but he's not going to bump Finley.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1GO GET DALTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11-QG
As bad as I whiffed on not wanting the Bengals to take Green (I preferred Peterson) because I thought they had enough at WR with Simpson, Caldwell, and Shipley, I can at least say that I was spot on about Dalton here ;) -QG

Read last night that Baalke w/ 49ers insisted they weren't moving up to take a QB today, and that they didn't even consider one yesterday. So of course they make the big move for Kaep. :rolleyes: As a fan, I'm a little unsure how I feel about this selection. If they'd managed to pull Dalton, I'd be doing backflips because he'd fit Harbaugh's West Coast so well. Just not sure about Colin K. Suppose "In Jim I trust" has to be the order of the day. Hope he can turn an elite athlete at the position into an winning NFL QB.
He did wonders with Josh Johnson at USD. :shrug:
True. I think I'm letting my love for Dalton cloud my feelings regarding Kaepernick, who I know very little about.
He's a BEAST. Best QB in this draft, IMO. But I'm not a college football expert, so who knows.
:goodposting:

Read last night that Baalke w/ 49ers insisted they weren't moving up to take a QB today, and that they didn't even consider one yesterday. So of course they make the big move for Kaep. :rolleyes: As a fan, I'm a little unsure how I feel about this selection. If they'd managed to pull Dalton, I'd be doing backflips because he'd fit Harbaugh's West Coast so well. Just not sure about Colin K. Suppose "In Jim I trust" has to be the order of the day. Hope he can turn an elite athlete at the position into an winning NFL QB.
True. I think I'm letting my love for Dalton cloud my feelings regarding Kaepernick, who I know very little about.
He's a BEAST. Best QB in this draft, IMO. But I'm not a college football expert, so who knows.
He's still not the best QB from that draft, but mostly good call anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread