What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'Fear The Walking Dead' Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Supposedly a slow burn; focus on a family living in LA and the anxiety and fracturing of the family. At some point later in the season we start to see zombies. Then in season 2, after the family has fractured, the zombie confrontation starts. :oldunsure:

yeah- the last sentence is why I don't think it's a virus or flu.

if "everybody has it" within weeks, but it doesn't kill you- just turns you into a zombie when you die (or accelerates your death when bitten), IMO it's some kind of crazily quick/instantaneous goofy reason (asteroid dust, water fluoridation, VBD, etc)... not something actually plausible, like a viral pandemic.
Calling it now... Lindsay Lohan cameo.

So, who thinks that the cast/characters from each Walking Dead show will all eventually meet up somewhere? Or at least reference each other in some way?
The legend of Carl and his ability to eat giant amounts of pudding had to have spread across the country.

So, who thinks that the cast/characters from each Walking Dead show will all eventually meet up somewhere? Or at least reference each other in some way?
The legend of Carl and his ability to eat giant amounts of pudding had to have spread across the country.
:lol:

But yeah, I did read somewhere there was speculation about this... I'm going off my hazy memory here, something like Andrea (wasn't she an attorney?) showing up in LA for something.

wonder what they will call the undead in this one--- all the good ones are taken:

biters, walkers, eaters, geeks.. need some new zombie nicknames
lolcats
"Infected", because "We're coming up with as much cool West Coast verbiage as we can". Per producer Dave Erickson.

:lmao:
wow.

but if that's a real quote, I'm switching over and supporting Bug's well-laid out theory. plus, people that have encyclopedic memory about this crap and can pull out bits of info from random episodes years ago... frighten me.
Hey, it was a two step google search for TWD virus and then TS-19 script and Frank Viola, there was all the info. I thought the doc said something about it and thought maybe he even said virus. He did say it was possible, but with the meningitis, seems like they pointed to that. Then the flu talk in the preview was the show folks using the CDC info and figuring out what would make the most sense. Wile E Coyote, super genius. :bowtie:

Of course, in episode 3, there will be someone who says "and we thought it was all because of the flu virus when actually, it was an STD started by Miley Cyrus."

Last edited by a moderator:
well if its spread from person to person and it started in ,say the church, how would isolated tribes in the amazon get the virus ...just using them as an example
Who said they have it even in The Walking Dead? We've never seen isolated populations.
Agreed. I think we can assume with all the global travel/shipments/heck even migrating birds that all regular populations have the virus, but we don't really know about the isolated folks. Although with all the zombies and over a year, not far fetched to think that zombies themselves have reached a lot of remote areas. Still, no way would they have made it everywhere.

The how and the why of the virus wont be explained. If the CDC didnt know, how will these people?

Plus thats part of the charm, its random and no one will ever know the origin. Yeahhhh

The how and the why of the virus wont be explained. If the CDC didnt know, how will these people?

Plus thats part of the charm, its random and no one will ever know the origin. Yeahhhh
I agree completely on the no explanation. I do think it will be implied that this flu was what started it, but I think it will get so bad so quick that there won't be an explanation or we won't see someone figure out what happened.

I agree completely on the no explanation. I do think it will be implied that this flu was what started it, but I think it will get so bad so quick that there won't be an explanation or we won't see someone figure out what happened.
I know Kirkman has said in the past he won't reveal what started the ZA.

Iirc, this same question was asked during the Comiccon panel and they said not going to happen. But I think that was in reference to the two casts meeting up in some way, not neccessarily any "references" although I'm not sure how it would. I think Tyrese was suppoused to be a famous sports player in the comic, but they left that out of the show IIRC.

:lol:

But yeah, I did read somewhere there was speculation about this... I'm going off my hazy memory here, something like Andrea (wasn't she an attorney?) showing up in LA for something.
I bet it's the Latino family from S1 that left Rick and the group.

JoeSteeler said:
stbugs said:

Because he has never thought of anything himself.

That and nothing started it anyway. It just happened.

Seeing as this one takes place in LA, they could give a nod to the anti-vaccers and say a required vaccine caused the outbreak.

Because he has never thought of anything himself. That and nothing started it anyway. It just happened.
I am pretty sure it started because a guy had sex with a diseased giraffe.

So, worth watching? At work so I can't watch, though caught a glimpse of the scene where they were firing on the dude on TV.

Meh, I'll watch anyway. Maybe later tonight when things die down.................no pun intended :whistle: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :whistle:

My wife is revolted by The Walking Dead. So revolted, in fact, that she claimed that I could watch anything else but the season premier of the spin-off.

Giants/Pirates game on the tube right now! :thumbup:

I'm glad they aren't rushing into showing zombies non-stop. People's reactions and seeing the decay of modern civilization is much more interesting to me than the whole "let's sneak into a dark house, OMG THERE'S A ZOMBIE IN HERE, kill it, rinse, repeat"

I'm glad they aren't rushing into showing zombies non-stop. People's reactions and seeing the decay of modern civilization is much more interesting to me than the whole "let's sneak into a dark house, OMG THERE'S A ZOMBIE IN HERE, kill it, rinse, repeat"
Which is in direct contradiction to my opinion on TWD, when I thought they wasted half a season with the governor and didn't show enough zombies. But for the beginning of the series, this is the way to go about it IMO

it was an hour and a half about one family that just so happened had direct confrontations with THREE separate zombies. I wouldnt have minded a show about the destruction of society but that wasnt it. I realize it was just one episode though but that was disappointing opening.

I think the best part about these shows is he oodles of people who watch the show knowing they won't like it.

Easily the best part.

Question: CSI, NCIS, Law and Order potential; or is that a stretch? Obviously, the money is hoping on the former.

it was an hour and a half about one family that just so happened had direct confrontations with THREE separate zombies. I wouldnt have minded a show about the destruction of society but that wasnt it. I realize it was just one episode though but that was disappointing opening.
I thought I read somewhere that this season was going to be a slow burn. So if lots of zombie's is your thing for season one you may be disapointed,

I thought I read somewhere that this season was going to be a slow burn. So if lots of zombie's is your thing for season one you may be disapointed,
I am surprised there are any Z's in this episode at all

Users who are viewing this thread