What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Game Thread*** - Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Also, Vikings fans would have been annoyed watching the officials slober all over Brett Favre and his acting all day long had he not been playing for any other team. It was pretty bad. They have to punt the ball, and Brett hobbles off the field while wincing and holding onto his leg. They score a TD and he could probably do a backflip. And the bad officiating went both ways. Favre gets hit cleanly, but because he acts hurt enough they give him a flag. It was kind of pathetic.
This happens with just about any QB in the league. Getting hit hurts, and Brett got hit a lot. He's 40 years old, he's not milking it. TD's are probably a better painkiller than morphine, and I mean that seriously. It's amazing how fast you forget you're hurt when the adrenaline gets pumping. Whether you are a lover or hater of Favre there is one thing that we can all agree on and that is that he is one tough son of a #####.
I'm 42 and recently tore my meniscus jogging and hurt my shoulder swimming. I'm amazed at what Favre is doing. He took a beating today. You wanna talk drama go to the soccer forum and those clowns that trip and look like they were just shot. Alot of guys would not have overcome those huts today and if they did they would have been so shellshocked they wouldn't be able to complete a pass.

The Saints did not play a very good game, but I'm happy for Brees and the Nawlins fans. However, if they bring that game they just laid down tonight against the Colts, they are going to get demolished.
:lmao: Based on how these two teams played today, I can't believe the line opened at Colts -3.5 I was thinking 6 points minimum.

Sigh....i haven't read the thread but my thoughts:

Typical vikings playoff loss...i have learned not to get my hopes up.

We really outplayed them on both offense and defense. It's hard to lose a game like that.

6 fumbles, 5 turnovers.

Poor special teams.

Terrible playcalling at the end once we got into field goal range.

Lose the coin flip in typical vikings bad luck fashion.

Really sketchy officiating in OT. At least 3 calls that could have gone either way, and they all went the saints way. The PI call was terrible. You could see Leber made a point to keep his hands away, the NO receiver was tripping on his own feet backwards on an uncatchable ball.

Anyway, I am proud of how our guys fought back and gave us a chance. Brett played his ### off, especially considering the beating he took all game. A poor decision at the end of regulation, yes, but the idiotic playcalling and penalty the plays before that were the killer.

I thought the Saints were very classy, unlike some other teams have been, and I will root for them in the SB.

Amazing game. Vikings gave us all they could and the game could have gone either way. Nothing but respect for that team as they deserved to be there and were monsters on both sides of the ball. A few critical turnovers helped decide the game. Absolutely nuts. Still can't believe the Saints are going to the Super Bowl.

It's off to the Quarter to party..........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saints did not play a very good game, but I'm happy for Brees and the Nawlins fans. However, if they bring that game they just laid down tonight against the Colts, they are going to get demolished.
:bag: Based on how these two teams played today, I can't believe the line opened at Colts -3.5 I was thinking 6 points minimum.
Free money if I've ever seen any.

:bag: Based on how these two teams played today, I can't believe the line opened at Colts -3.5 I was thinking 6 points minimum.
The Saints played one of their poorer games of the year and still beat a very good Vikings team. Sean Payton called one of his worst games. They can and should play better against a Colts defense that very well might not be as physically imposing as Minnesota was today. Brees is capable of putting up huge numbers against anyone. Look what Sanchez was doing out there today. I think the line is appropriate.

I'm sure this must be disheartening for the Vikings and their fans. It is one thing to have to resolve a loss, it is another to have to do so while questioning what might have been with different refs.
Or what might have been without 5 turnovers, 12 men on the field and a stupid pass by Favre. Saints had far more penalties called against them than the Vikings. Its the Vikings fault there was an overtime where the PI call was made. Vikings beat themselves.

Farve, this is your fault.
Chillys fault. 40 seconds left and you run 2 running plays and settle for a 51 yard field goal? Then you have 12 guys in the huddle?Chilly is a JOKE!
:shrug: If they just played a normal 2-minute offense instead of hoping to kick a 50 yard field goal then I think it would have been a different outcome. The 12 guys in the huddle is inexcusable, too.
:lmao: Also, if anyone in here is blaming it on Favre or saying 'classic favre int' etc, they can ####. Dude played his ### off while eating turf all day. No one has ever played QB at 40 as well as he did this year and playoffs. It should not have come down to that desperate pass attempt in the first place, and that is on the coaching and the players that couldn't hold onto the ball all game.

:shrug: Based on how these two teams played today, I can't believe the line opened at Colts -3.5 I was thinking 6 points minimum.
The Saints played one of their poorer games of the year and still beat a very good Vikings team. Sean Payton called one of his worst games. They can and should play better against a Colts defense that very well might not be as physically imposing as Minnesota was today. Brees is capable of putting up huge numbers against anyone. Look what Sanchez was doing out there today. I think the line is appropriate.
Just seems like the people that would take the colts over a FG would take it anywhere between 3.5 and 6. I guess having it low allows them to incrementally move the line up to draw in Saints money.Seems like opening at 3.5 exposes your book to a small teaser. Just seemed a little low given the way the two teams played today.

First of all, congrats to Saint fans. I will be rooting for you guys in the SB.

Just awful for the Vikings to lose the way they did. Just a gut punch to see the Saints get every single call in overtime. That PI was inexcusable. Barely any contact and the ball was 10 yards over his head. Just can't excuse that terrible of a call in OT.

However, you could feel something like that coming. Refs were terrible all game long. Vikings got a lot of ticky tack calls early so maybe it's poetic justice. :shrug:

Now, besides all that, the Vikings lost this game themselves. You can't turn the ball over 5 times in a championship game and hope to win the game. Favre, gotta love what he brought the team this year, but that INT was :lmao: . He could've run the ball for 4 or 5 yards and been in good position for that field goal. Guess that's the bad side of Favre, but I still don't have any ill will towards him. That game would've been over by the end of the third quarter with TJack in the game.

I can't believe how well the D played in the second half. The Vikes can definitely build on this. I guess it's probably too much to ask, but this team with a full offseason of workouts with Favre is the favorite in the NFC next year. However, as a Vikings fan I know that dreams like this don't happen to the purple and gold.
I had to laugh at the concept of Favre participating in offseason workouts. Vikes fans, get ready for the Favre merry-go-round.

Just got back from the game, and what a game it was. Congrats to the Saints for finally getting there, now its time to bring it home

Seems like opening at 3.5 exposes your book to a small teaser. Just seemed a little low given the way the two teams played today.
What I don't understand is why it's being automatically assumed that the same Saints team that showed up today will re-appear in Miami. I don't mean to pick on you specifically. I'd be playing up the underdog card if I were in your shoes as well. But all I keep reading is that the Saints have no chance. Why? It's a must that they play at this level rather than rise up to the level of Indy in two weeks? No chance that the guy who was runner-up for DPOY (Sharper) makes a trademark huge play? No chance that Brees picks the Colts secondary apart? The same secondary that made Sanchez look like a solid NFL QB today. I also expect Sean Payton to come up with a much better gameplan given 2 weeks, than what he called out there today.

I think this was a very well officiated game. Some decisions went each way. Lots of close calls to make, but in the end it evened out. I think it's sad that the defining play of the game was a penalty. Personally, I would have called it an uncatchable ball, but it is a really difficult decision to make either way.Here's the real thing about the officiating. In fighting they say if you don't like the judges decision, then don't let it go to the judges. Knock the guy out. Neither team did this. The game was so sloppy with fumbles, muffs, drops, partial catches, holding and PI that the refs had to make way too many judgement calls. If you don't want to get called for PI, don't put your hands on the receiver, not matter where the ball is. If you want to get the first down spot, put your head down and get three yards.Despite the sloppiness this was a great game between far and away the two best teams in the NFC. Personally I think either matchup would be the best superbowl matchup in a long while, maybe since Favre-Elway. Congrats to the Saints. No shortage of storylines for the last game of the year. Very excited.Final thought on Favre: You may like this guy or you may hate him. What he does off the field can be debated. What he does on the field is play the game exactly how its supposed to be played. The reason he keeps un-retiring is because he loves the game so much. With the Jamarcus Russells of the world we should all feel blessed we got to watch the ol' gunslinger one more season. And what a season. What a warrior. I hope he squeezes out one more, but I digress. Great game. Can't wait for the last one.
:goodposting: About the only classy Packers fan I have seen post in this thread.

Seems like opening at 3.5 exposes your book to a small teaser. Just seemed a little low given the way the two teams played today.
What I don't understand is why it's being automatically assumed that the same Saints team that showed up today will re-appear in Miami. I don't mean to pick on you specifically. I'd be playing up the underdog card if I were in your shoes as well. But all I keep reading is that the Saints have no chance. Why? It's a must that they play at this level rather than rise up to the level of Indy in two weeks? No chance that the guy who was runner-up for DPOY (Sharper) makes a trademark huge play? No chance that Brees picks the Colts secondary apart? The same secondary that made Sanchez look like a solid NFL QB today. I also expect Sean Payton to come up with a much better gameplan given 2 weeks, than what he called out there today.
Oh sure, I understand where you're coming from. Superbowl betting is a different animal though. You've got more square money in the pool than any other game of the year in any sport. People that don't make any other bets during the year will bet on this game, and a lot of their assumptions are going to be made based on what they saw today. Teasers and the ability to buy the short hook make me question the Vegas line of 3.5 instead of 4 or 4.5I think the Saints have a hell of a chance to win the game. I love the thought of Gregg Williams having two weeks to prepare the defense. They matchup extremely well against the Colts. But I love the Saints, and I figure that kinda clouds my judgement here.

Exciting game to watch that's for certain! As a Cowboys fan I was glad to see Favre humbled this week.

That "pants on the ground s*#t came back to haunt him. He played well considering the beating he took for a 40 yr old, wow!

I think the penalties went both ways today. It seemed like they were going toward Minny's way early and NO's late. Bad call on the PI in OT.

Minn. turned the ball over too often and you hardly ever win doing that. RB's and WR's not securing the ball in an NFC championship is BAD.

The INT late in the 4th wasn't as bad as folks made it out to be here and on TV. He was on the 38-39 yd line when he let it go. He might have gotten a few yds. running it. That would still have made it a long FG try. We'll never know if Longwell would have made it from 50 or more.

Nice for the city of NO to be in the big bowl.

Oh sure, I understand where you're coming from. Superbowl betting is a different animal though. You've got more square money in the pool than any other game of the year in any sport. People that don't make any other bets during the year will bet on this game, and a lot of their assumptions are going to be made based on what they saw today. Teasers and the ability to buy the short hook make me question the Vegas line of 3.5 instead of 4 or 4.5I think the Saints have a hell of a chance to win the game. I love the thought of Gregg Williams having two weeks to prepare the defense. They matchup extremely well against the Colts. But I love the Saints, and I figure that kinda clouds my judgement here.
I never bet on the Saints. I hate when they are part of pickem pools, for my love of them clouds my judgement. Games I am sure they would win, they have lost. Games I am sure they would lose, they have won, and I kick myself for a lack of faith.I am just enjoying this.

I never bet on the Saints. I hate when they are part of pickem pools, for my love of them clouds my judgement. Games I am sure they would win, they have lost. Games I am sure they would lose, they have won, and I kick myself for a lack of faith.I am just enjoying this.
I won't have a penny on this game. Usually the only reason I'm watching a Superbowl is because I have a couple of Benjys on it. Not this time.Ok, I take that back. If the line climbs above 7 I might be tempted to toss something on the Saints moneyline and line. But otherwise it's just me enjoying the game and a twelve pack of Newcastle.

Just got back from the Dome. What a game. To all the Saints fans who are on this site and for those Saints fans who are no longer with us. ENJOY THIS!!!!!!

WE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!!!

For whatever reason, Brad Childress acted like he had a gimme FG at the end of the 4th quarter. Two running plays, when nothing but Favre put you in position to win the game? Loserville. Then all of a sudden ask Favre to make a play on 3rd and long, and what a hoirrible call to boot. As a fan of neither team, and not a fan of Favre, I feel bad for the Viking fans. Despite all the turnovers, you were in position to win the game, and YOUR COACHES blew it when it came down to the pressure cooker.

For whatever reason, Brad Childress acted like he had a gimme FG at the end of the 4th quarter. Two running plays, when nothing but Favre put you in position to win the game? Loserville. Then all of a sudden ask Favre to make a play on 3rd and long, and what a hoirrible call to boot. As a fan of neither team, and not a fan of Favre, I feel bad for the Viking fans. Despite all the turnovers, you were in position to win the game, and YOUR COACHES blew it when it came down to the pressure cooker.
I thought Favre made a horrible decision there. I don't see how you can blame Childress for that.

I thought Favre made a horrible decision there. I don't see how you can blame Childress for that.
The offense was put in a bad spot by the overly conservative play-calling. Once they got to the 33, it was like Childress said, "Okay, we can get conservative, run a few predictable runs, and our kicker will hit a 47-yarder for the win," instead of staying aggressive and getting closer. Factor in the unforgivable 12 men in the huddle penalty, which is totally the coach's fault, and that bad sequence is mostly on Childress. Favre's INT was not good, but again, everything leading up to it was awful and all on Childress. Had the Vikings stayed aggressive (the Saints hadn't stopped them at all on that drive), the Vikings likely could have gotten close enough for a very makeable FG, and Favre never would have had to force a pass on 3rd and 15. To completely blame that on Favre is very short-sighted, IMO (and I am not a Favre apologist or fan by any stretch of the imagination).

Last edited by a moderator:
The offense was put in a bad spot by the overly conservative play-calling. Once they got to the 33, it was like Childress said, "Okay, we can get conservative, run a few predictable runs, and our kicker will hit a 47-yarder for the win," instead of staying aggressive and getting closer. Factor in the unforgivable 12 men in the huddle penalty, which is totally the coach's fault, and that bad sequence is mostly on Childress. Favre's INT was not good, but again, everything leading up to it was awful and all on Childress. Had the Vikings stayed aggressive (the Saints hadn't stopped them at all on that drive), the Vikings likely could have gotten close enough for a very makeable FG, and Favre never would have had to force a pass on 3rd and 15. To completely blame that on Favre is very short-sighted, IMO (and I am not a Favre apologist or fan by any stretch of the imagination).
:lol: That's how I see it. It's like they were on the 15 and Childress said let's sit on it. He let time run off the clock like it was game over. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. But then again, Andy Reid was probably screaming GOOD CALLS, BRAD, GOOD CALLS.

They got conservative, for sure. The penalty was bad. But, Favre had an out route for about 10 yards that would have set up their guy for like a 50 yd FG. In a dome, personally, I think their guy nails it. Look, I'm not going to argue that Childress coached a great sequence there. Obviously, he didn't.However, even with all that Favre did what Favre always seems to do, which is break every rule of football in throwing the ball late over the middle to try and get a big play.He paid for it, again. Don't act like Favre shouldn't get some blame, here.

They got conservative, for sure. The penalty was bad. But, Favre had an out route for about 10 yards that would have set up their guy for like a 50 yd FG. In a dome, personally, I think their guy nails it. Look, I'm not going to argue that Childress coached a great sequence there. Obviously, he didn't.However, even with all that Favre did what Favre always seems to do, which is break every rule of football in throwing the ball late over the mi

Don't act like Favre shouldn't get some blame, here.
Oh I was screaming there's no way you make that throw across your body like that, in that situation. BUT, his coaches put him in a situation to make a play. Besides the fact that they tried to call a 2nd timeout right after they called a timeout. Illegal, in spite of 12 men on the filed. The coaching staff #### the bed, and Favre was forced to make some sort of play in spite of the coaching staff. Coaching lost this game.

Wow what a game! Hats off to Favre and the Vikes...you guys came to play and outplayed us by far. I think the officiating went the Vikes way early while I feel the Saints got some calls late. The catch by Meach was definetly a catch. The rule states that the ball CAN touch the ground as long as the WR has possion and doesn't trap it. As for the PI call, that was just an aweful call. But there were calls both ways that could have changed the game. I feel for you Viking fans as I know a loss like this is always tough to swallow. I hope Favre is back one more season and you guys make it to the NFCCG (and hopefully lose to us again).

Exactly....honestly up to that point I was pretty happy with the game plan and game management. Then, we get to the 35 where we have a chance for a FG, we had been passing at will, and you go conservative? Same Childress we have seen for years....I don't know if I can take this anymore after so many years of big letdowns..., but i suppose i will probably get sucked in again next year.

Exactly....honestly up to that point I was pretty happy with the game plan and game management. Then, we get to the 35 where we have a chance for a FG, we had been passing at will, and you go conservative? Same Childress we have seen for years....I don't know if I can take this anymore after so many years of big letdowns..., but i suppose i will probably get sucked in again next year.
I'm no fan of Brad Childress, but after a point it's just a pick 'em as far as play calling is concerned. I don't know how many times I've seen people (probably ADP owners) complain that the Vikings were passing too much and not featuring ADP enough. All this while ADP put up like 1400 yds and 18 tds in the regular season. He runs 26 times vs Dallas, gets about 65 yds, and the Vikings win 34-3. Then vs the Saints people start complaining that ADP's not running enough, and he fumbles three times. Miraculously, towards the end of the game, people start complaining that Chilly's playcalling is too conservative! Of course, when he dials up a pass play, Favre throws an int. Seriously, this is not exactly a science. #### happens, they won more often than not, and at least on paper a lot of guys on that team had pretty good years. It's football. Just let it be.

Yeah, we've been there. Jim Mora used to be our coach. Lost lots of times in situations just like this one.The good news is you guys have a team talented enough on both sides of the ball to win it all. If Chilly continues like this, he'll get fired and you'll hire a hot coach because EVERYBODY would want to coach your team because of all the talent. When your talent meets an aggressive coach, look out.BTW, I personally sat around a bunch of your fans this evening and I found them to be among the most pleasant opposing fans I've ever met in the Dome. You played a great game and I honestly am glad that we won a game like that against a great Vikings team.

Brief instospective look at the 2 losers this week

Jets top-to bottom are the beast team in the league as far as talent. They will be a force in the league for many years to come. Even though they lost, they gave all and was a few plays short of the SB. I wish I was a true fan of this team. Gonna be a few good years comin ur way

It hurts, not me, but the Viks should be proud of what they're accomplished in one season, considering their past. No one expected Brett to do what he did. Hell, no one even expected him to do half of it and he completely oVVned everyone out there all season long. For that I can eat some serious crow. Outside of his business dealings over the last few years, which is why I have a strong disliking for him. Brett, Favre, long ago, established himself as one of the top qbs if not the top qb in the history of the league. No way you could agrue against him being a top 3. As much as I hate the guy, I honestly like see him going out like this, not by throwing an int and losing the game, but by leading a team that he'd never known to the NFC game in one year. Words can't express how amazing that is, which I honestly couldn't have been led this far by any other player in league history. I know I'll take heat for this but don't really care. I cant him but he's one of the best ever. That's just how it is and I'm going to have to deal with it. :football:

flapgreen said:
Brief instospective look at the 2 losers this week

Jets top-to bottom are the beast team in the league as far as talent. They will be a force in the league for many years to come. Even though they lost, they gave all and was a few plays short of the SB. I wish I was a true fan of this team. Gonna be a few good years comin ur way

It hurts, not me, but the Viks should be proud of what they're accomplished in one season, considering their past. No one expected Brett to do what he did. Hell, no one even expected him to do half of it and he completely oVVned everyone out there all season long. For that I can eat some serious crow. Outside of his business dealings over the last few years, which is why I have a strong disliking for him. Brett, Favre, long ago, established himself as one of the top qbs if not the top qb in the history of the league. No way you could agrue against him being a top 3. As much as I hate the guy, I honestly like see him going out like this, not by throwing an int and losing the game, but by leading a team that he'd never known to the NFC game in one year. Words can't express how amazing that is, which I honestly couldn't have been led this far by any other player in league history. I know I'll take heat for this but don't really care. I cant him but he's one of the best ever. That's just how it is and I'm going to have to deal with it. :shrug:
The team that beat them Sunday is better, and I think the team they beat last week is better-- as far as talent goes. I think the Steelers are better, too. Maybe the Cowboys. The Ravens aren't far off, either.We'll see how Sanchez develops in year two, and they need real receivers. I like their running attack and their defense. Good team. They certainly exposed the Bengals.

I will never understand all of the Favre love...if this were Romo...the world would be in unison screaming about how big a choker he is in big games.

Actually, that can probably be said about his entire playoff career.

I will never understand all of the Favre love...if this were Romo...the world would be in unison screaming about how big a choker he is in big games.

Actually, that can probably be said about his entire playoff career.
Then you must not have watched him get absolutely pummeled last night and stand in there the whole time.

I can't think of a game, let alone an NFC Championship, that a team gave up that many scoring opportunities (fumble on gl, turnovers when in FG range, penalties when in scoring range), missed that many chances at getting turnovers themselves (strip of Brees, dropped pass tipped by Colston, Greenway putting helmet on ball) and STILL have a chance at winning. Vikings really dominated that game but it apparently was the Saints destiny. Ugly game and equally ugly coaching job by Childress. He called a timid game, especially in the second half. They looked liked they were playing not to lose.

encaitar said:
DrJ said:
Also, Vikings fans would have been annoyed watching the announcers slober all over Brett Favre and his acting all day long had he not been playing for any other team. It was pretty bad. They have to punt the ball, and Brett hobbles off the field while wincing and holding onto his leg. They score a TD and he could probably do a backflip. And the bad officiating went both ways. Favre gets hit cleanly, but because he acts hurt enough they give him a flag. For a second, you thought his arm was going to fall off. Then you see the play, and he just got put onto his back. And then he's up there at the line acting like nothing happened 5 seconds later. It was kind of pathetic.
Jesus, I really wish anyone that has this sentiment would have the opportunity to get driven into the ground by a 350 pound man with pads on. Hurts like hell. Favre will have a ton of bruises after this game and he played through some pain at the end. Quit hating on the guy.
Pretty sure I could take a hit from a 350 lb guy in a full set of pads and not act like I'm dying as a result. I'm sure it hurt some, but Favre is making an effort to make it all look more dramatic. The way he was holding his arm, my wife mad an "oh god" comment and sort of looked away just before he goes to the ground on the replay. Then she was like "oh, that's it? I was expecting to see his arm snap back in some ugly way or something. I thought that was going to be pretty gross looking".

Off the top of my head, the Vikings lost because of several things:

1. Their OL could not keep the pass rush off Favre at all

2. 6 fumbles, 3 lost

3. 2 interceptions

4. Conservative playcalling at the end of the 4th quarter

5. Absolutely crushing 12 men in the huddle penalty

6. Dropped an interception in OT and didn't come up with any other turnovers when given opportunities

7. Officiating in OT - and not just the PI call, which was horrible... IMO Thomas should have been spotted short on the 4th down run

There is more than enough there that this loss wasn't due to the officiating, though that PI call certainly leaves a bad taste given it happened right at the end.

Everyone is up in arms about the PI call in OT, but I'd like to know the actual rule on forward progress and spotting the ball. Thomas dove in the air on that 4th and inches play in OT, he had the ball cradled at his chest, and probably reached the spot he needed while in the air momentarily, but a helmet on the ball caused him to bobble it and reach down to secure it, which was very clearly evident on replay, which the referees supposedly reviewed. Now thinking back to the Patriots 4th & 2 call that was spotted short against Indy, the ruling as I understood it was that because Faulk bobbled it, forward progress is out the window and all that matters is where the ball is when he is down. If that's the case, I think it should have been Vikings ball. I'm surprised more people didn't question this.

Not that this should be blamed on the referees, because it's the rule, but I also don't understand why the rule exists that there is no advancing a muffed punt. The Vikings may have had a TD on Bush's muff if that rule didn't exist, rather than turning the ball back over and getting no points.

Congrats to New Orleans. Your defense really made the Vikes look silly. Your guys were stripping the ball at will. Even though the Vikings put together a lot of long drives, you stepped up and killed us in turnovers.

I really hope you beat Indy. I just can't stand Manning for some reason.

As a Vikes fan, I'm convinced they're cursed. 4 super bowl losses, a bunch of NFC Championship losses including the last two which were complete and utter CHOKES (98 and last night). Without those turnovers, this game could have been a blowout.

Off the top of my head, the Vikings lost because of several things:1. Their OL could not keep the pass rush off Favre at all2. 6 fumbles, 3 lost3. 2 interceptions4. Conservative playcalling at the end of the 4th quarter5. Absolutely crushing 12 men in the huddle penalty6. Dropped an interception in OT and didn't come up with any other turnovers when given opportunities7. Officiating in OT - and not just the PI call, which was horrible... IMO Thomas should have been spotted short on the 4th down run
8. Saints put the ball in the endzone 4 times9. Saints never let Harvin return a kick

Off the top of my head, the Vikings lost because of several things:1. Their OL could not keep the pass rush off Favre at all2. 6 fumbles, 3 lost3. 2 interceptions4. Conservative playcalling at the end of the 4th quarter5. Absolutely crushing 12 men in the huddle penalty6. Dropped an interception in OT and didn't come up with any other turnovers when given opportunities7. Officiating in OT - and not just the PI call, which was horrible... IMO Thomas should have been spotted short on the 4th down run
8. Saints put the ball in the endzone 4 times9. Saints never let Harvin return a kick
10. Saints getting good field position on a few kickoffs.

10. Saints getting good field position on a few kickoffs.
Yeah, the Saints dominated special teams. 183 kickoff return yards to 33. Morstead was booming punts to the tune of a 51 yard average, with 4 falling inside the 20.

Otis said:
Statorama said:
hostile said:
:thumbup: Based on how these two teams played today, I can't believe the line opened at Colts -3.5 I was thinking 6 points minimum.
Free money if I've ever seen any.
Thanks, LHucks. I almost freaking cried last night. I also didn't place a bet (which would have minimized the pain of the loss somewhat) so it's like a double-whammy. First time I've ever cared so much about an outcome of a game I didn't play in.

Users who are viewing this thread