What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Gavin Newsom Recall Thread - Ballots being sent in! (1 Viewer)

squistion said:
Nope.

No Democrats in California have said anything about potential voter fraud.  So far the only notable person bringing that up has been Larry Elder. 

wait for it if Newsom loses 

I'm telling ya'll if Newsom loses he'll claim fraud, he'll claim something, he'll fight every step of the way

VP of the USA is campaigning for him - this administration has a huge vested interest in this election and if they lose, they'll fight through every means available to reverse it to a win
Oops

Larry Elder prepares for California recall loss with lawyers, voter fraud website  :lmao:

just read this

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article254147583.html

The 22 million ballots California county elections offices have sent to every registered voter are checked and verified to ensure each person only votes once and that only active, registered voters cast ballots. Officials also check to ensure the signature on each mail ballot matches the one on file with the state.

How long would it take to verify millions of signatures? I mean seriously .....

just read this

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article254147583.html

The 22 million ballots California county elections offices have sent to every registered voter are checked and verified to ensure each person only votes once and that only active, registered voters cast ballots. Officials also check to ensure the signature on each mail ballot matches the one on file with the state.

How long would it take to verify millions of signatures? I mean seriously .....
Fraud! Fight every step of the way!

Why would we fight against verifying and validating votes?
Come on Blade, you know that is not what this is about, not one little bit.  Nobody is saying that, literally nobody.  

I feel compelled to explain what it is about but I also feel like that would be insulting your intelligence because you absolutely know what it’s about.  

Stealthy has been very concerned with Newsom lawyering up and trying to steal the election for awhile now.

I am not sure how the state recall election will go ... it'd tickle me to death if Elder got 3 million mail in ballots and Democrats lose. If that happens, Democrats/Newsom will absolutely call it all into question

time will tell

I am not sure how the state recall election will go ... it'd tickle me to death if Elder got 3 million mail in ballots and Democrats lose. If that happens, Democrats/Newsom will absolutely call it all into question

time will tell
No mention of an ex-Prez or Elder doing this now :lol:

time will tell
How many more times are you going to say this? We all KNOW you feel this way.  You’ve made your partisan viewpoints on this extremely clear.  You don’t care that republicans do it but are very concerned that Democrats do.  Got it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Blade, you know that is not what this is about, not one little bit.  Nobody is saying that, literally nobody.  

I feel compelled to explain what it is about but I also feel like that would be insulting your intelligence because you absolutely know what it’s about.  

I appreciate you not insulting my intelligence.  :thumbup:

It's bad enough I do it to myself all day long.  I don't need someone else piling on.  :)

This country is done for with stuff like this.  This isn't America, it's a third world banana republic. Something needs to be done and now.  You don't get to keep attacking the foundation of the country without merit or severe penalty. 

I agree

Its time for a system that ties voting to social security number of citizens - we all have one, computers could tell quickly if there are duplicates, have 5 different ways of identifying who you are .... why that's difficult I don't know

Democrats HATE HATE HATE the idea of proving who you are to vote though - anyone know why ?

I agree

Its time for a system that ties voting to social security number of citizens - we all have one, computers could tell quickly if there are duplicates, have 5 different ways of identifying who you are .... why that's difficult I don't know

Democrats HATE HATE HATE the idea of proving who you are to vote though - anyone know why ?

Try getting into a Union meeting - Id required every single time.

Anyone have any thoughts on what happens if Gavin gets recalled?  Anyone think the D’s cry foul?  Anyone?   

Don't be silly.  Everyone knows the shark move is to cry foul before the election even happens.
Well the real shark move is to be very concerned about it when the other team may do it and completely ignore it when yours does.  

Try getting into a Union meeting - Id required every single time.

licenses / ID is required on most things - why Democrats fight it ... I'd love to see an answer

of course, you have to understand who Newsom and Democrats are - abuse authority? sure - why not, as long as they get votes, right ? which is why I say i hope the Republicans use all the same things Democrats use to get votes and win - and when/if they do, watch Newsom/Democrats claim fraud. 

YUBA CITY, Calif. — A California State Superior Court has ruled that Gov. Gavin Newsom abused his authority by issuing an executive order that required vote-by-mail ballots be sent to all registered voters, according to documents.

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/judge-rules-gov-gavin-newsom-abused-authority-with-vote-by-mail-ballot-order

Stealthycat said:
licenses / ID is required on most things - why Democrats fight it ... I'd love to see an answer

of course, you have to understand who Newsom and Democrats are - abuse authority? sure - why not, as long as they get votes, right ? which is why I say i hope the Republicans use all the same things Democrats use to get votes and win - and when/if they do, watch Newsom/Democrats claim fraud. 

YUBA CITY, Calif. — A California State Superior Court has ruled that Gov. Gavin Newsom abused his authority by issuing an executive order that required vote-by-mail ballots be sent to all registered voters, according to documents.

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/judge-rules-gov-gavin-newsom-abused-authority-with-vote-by-mail-ballot-order
I would love it if Republicans abused power to make all voting by mail. It really is much better system. Can you guys make this happen?

So we are rooting for Republicans to do something that the Dems want to claim is fraud so we can then, if it happens, say "see!"...while in the meantime the Republican one term losing president can continue to cry fraud in every election without proof and the main republican challenger in this CA election has already set up a website and is setting up the "I lost because of fraud" meme because that is a given.

That right?

:lol:

Stealthycat said:
I agree

I live in California. To register to vote I had to provide my name, birthdate, social security number and address. I get a ballot mailed to me with a unique barcode linked to my registration information. I fill in the bubbles and sign the envelope to mail it back.   Do you think someone out there is creating thousands of “fake people” living at thousands of addresses and going around stealing these ballots from mailboxes? Or someone is coming up with exact replica ballots with random bar codes that trick the machines into thinking they are legit ballots?  I really want to know how you think someone can “mass produce” thousands or millions of fake votes without being caught?

I live in California. To register to vote I had to provide my name, birthdate, social security number and address. I get a ballot mailed to me with a unique barcode linked to my registration information. I fill in the bubbles and sign the envelope to mail it back.   Do you think someone out there is creating thousands of “fake people” living at thousands of addresses and going around stealing these ballots from mailboxes? Or someone is coming up with exact replica ballots with random bar codes that trick the machines into thinking they are legit ballots?  I really want to know how you think someone can “mass produce” thousands or millions of fake votes without being caught?
Bamboo ballots from China with suspicious folds.

-Cyber Ninjas

Appreciate the effort but it’s wasted.  Truth and facts don’t matter.  I live here too and when I point out it’s not like what the right, or people who’ve never lived here, say the response is I’ve just been bamboozled, or I’m too close to it or I’m a battered wife defending my abuser, etc etc etc.  Their narrative is far more important to them then the truth.  Look no further then the AZ thread, it’s all there laid bare.  

How many more times are you going to say this? We all KNOW you feel this way.  You’ve made your partisan viewpoints on this extremely clear.  You don’t care that republicans do it but are very concerned that Democrats do.  Got it. 
When your only tool is a hammer...

Anyone have any thoughts on what happens if Gavin gets recalled?  Anyone think the D’s cry foul?  Anyone?   
I have no horse in this race, but I'm kinda hoping that he does get recalled. This way we can see the reaction from the Democratic side.

If they accept it, then good for them. 
If they fight it then its just more gas on the fire that proves both parties are as corrupt as F and do nothing but finger point and blame. 

not trying to be   :tinfoilhat:  but there are lots of ways someone can manipulate votes via mail. 

one way is to simply exclude those votes coming from zip codes that trend in a given party preference. So while yes, you had to jump through the hoops to cast the vote, no one can prove the vote was cast. No one can give you an accurate count of how many ballots were received. If a few hundred > thousand were "missing" no one would know.

What you would need is a secure web site that allowed you to go back in and see if your vote was counted and who you voted for was recorded. 

not trying to be   :tinfoilhat:  but there are lots of ways someone can manipulate votes via mail. 

one way is to simply exclude those votes coming from zip codes that trend in a given party preference. So while yes, you had to jump through the hoops to cast the vote, no one can prove the vote was cast. No one can give you an accurate count of how many ballots were received. If a few hundred > thousand were "missing" no one would know.

What you would need is a secure web site that allowed you to go back in and see if your vote was counted and who you voted for was recorded. 
Not sure about California but in Colorado you do get notice by text or email they received your vote by mail and can go to a web site and check.

Yes,  (In Alameda County at least) I received a email when my vote was scanned into the postal system, when it was received by the county and when it is counted and recorded.

I am sure some shady vote counting insider, familiar with the inner workings, could come up with ways to manipulate vote totals on the back end. But they could do that with in person voting too. So far, I haven't seen any evidence at all this is actually happening anyplace

Yes,  (In Alameda County at least) I received a email when my vote was scanned into the postal system, when it was received by the county and when it is counted and recorded.

I am sure some shady vote counting insider, familiar with the inner workings, could come up with ways to manipulate vote totals on the back end. But they could do that with in person voting too. So far, I haven't seen any evidence at all this is actually happening anyplace
I think it would be hard to manipulate vote by mail with all the notifications you get before and after the vote. You would need a few people making thousands of fake id's and addresses or 1000s of people in on it. Conspiracies with 1000s of co-conspirators are pretty hard impossible to pull off.

Edited to add: If it was just a few people then they would have to pick up the ballots at these fake addresses and then fill them out and send them back.

There's a lot of misinformation floating around because there's a group of followers affiliated with one person who so desperately want our voting process to seem shady. That seed was planted by one person because that's the only card he has. I was able to track my NJ ballot and make sure it was counted.

Mail in voting is extremely secure and free of fraud.

There's a lot of misinformation floating around because there's a group of followers affiliated with one person who so desperately want our voting process to seem shady. That seed was planted by one person because that's the only card he has. I was able to track my NJ ballot and make sure it was counted.

Mail in voting is extremely secure and free of fraud.
I'll concede the point. I've only ever voted in person. 

We have that.  My vote was received and counted. 

Stealthycat said:
I agree

I can get down with this and allow online voting.  We trust our SS # and banking information when we do our taxes online, we should be able to vote that way also.

I can get down with this and allow online voting.  We trust our SS # and banking information when we do our taxes online, we should be able to vote that way also.

not everyone wants ID's when it comes to voting - Democrats fight any new laws it seems on election integrity 

not everyone wants ID's when it comes to voting - Democrats fight any new laws it seems on election integrity 
Since there are millions of people apparently registering to vote multiple times, why don't you try it and report back on how easy it is.

That may be the case, I'm just saying as an independent I'm all for making voting as easy as paying your taxes.  Better yet, lets move the election to April 15th, you can vote when you pay your taxes (or better yet you can't vote unless you pay your taxes).  Maybe this will also make candidates more aware of the need for tax reform.  Win/win all around.

Users who are viewing this thread