What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I would have moved Gronk for that package even pre-Blackmon suspension.

At this point, I think the upside to this trade is that one of Blackmon/Jeffrey/1st becomes a top 10 player at their position long-term. 1 of the 3. In order for this trade to work out for the side giving up Gronk you figure at least 2, maybe all 3 need to wind up top 10 unless Gronk falls off the face of the planet.
It's not.

12 team ppr

Khiry Robinson

2014 2nd late

for

Knile Davis

Stedman Bailey
I like the Davis/Bailey side. I think the table is set for Bailey to get some solid playing time down the stretch, and we could easily see him making a strong move up the rankings. Or not, but that's a cheap enough price to pay to find out.

DD88 said:
I like the blackmon side by a wide margin
Same here. I'm pretty clearly very down on Justin Blackmon, but... Vincent Brown keeps getting opportunities and keeps blowing them, and rookie 3rds are a bare step above total irrelevance. I'd gladly give that up to gamble on Blackmon. I'd probably even throw in some tic-tacs and a paperclip, while I was at it.

After making a couple of trades it worked out to be

Gronk

2nd 2014

for

Jeffery

Blackmon

1st 2014

3rd 2014

Woof. Assuming random 1sts (as opposed to, say, guaranteed top-4 picks), you might well have to add two more 1st rounders to the Jeffery/Blackmon side to get me to move Gronk for that.
Risky, but so is holding onto Gronk when you're a rebuilding team. Anything could happen the rest of the season to crush his value. That's a solid trade for a team that's not in it.
Sure, or something could happen to Jeffery and you were just the guy who sold Rob Gronkowski for a random rookie 1st round pick.
From the way the guy phrased this, you guys are arguing about nothing. It appears these were the net results of a few outgoing/incoming trades and not a trade in and of itself ie useless.

10 team Dynasty PPR 1/2/3/1/1(flex-r/w/t)

Gave: Marvin Jones + 2014 3rd rookie (late)

Got: 2014 2nd rookie (2.01-2.03)

Since its a 10 team league, I see the 2014 2nd as late first. The pick should be somewhere between 11th-13th overall rookie (the way the standings look now)

picked up Lance Moore to fill the open roster spot. Might change my mind and pick up Stedman Bailey or a young guy to stash instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start: QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE

PPR (.5 for RBs)

4pts passing TD

10 team

Keep 14 before 2014 draft Keep 20 before the 2015 draft.

Team A gives: Calvin Johnson

Team B gives: D. Thomas, CJ Spiller, 2014 1st, 2015 1st (both late; 7-10)

Team A (same from above) gives: D. Thomas

Team C gives: Josh Gordon, Gio Barnard

Team A somewhat rebuilding, but not far from contention: Best RBs before trade were D. Wilson, L. Miller, B. Tate, Z. Stacy (a few other prospects, but not sure where he will draw his keeper line) WR: are now Gordon, Julio Jones, Harvin, Jeffery, Michael Floyd, C. Patterson

Team B and C are the two team currently with a shot to win this year... team B now rolling out Calvin and Graham. Team C wasn't starting Gio and just lost Rodgers this trade allows him to stop relying on Cameron and Gordon in the same starting lineup.

I'm torn on whether team A just did something awesome, went one trade too far, or should have never touched Calvin.

PPR (.5 for RBs)

4pts passing TD

10 team

Team A somewhat rebuilding, but not far from contention: Best RBs before trade were D. Wilson, L. Miller, B. Tate, Z. Stacy (a few other prospects, but not sure where he will draw his keeper line) WR: are now Gordon, Julio Jones, Harvin, Jeffery, Michael Floyd, C. Patterson

Team B and C are the two team currently with a shot to win this year... team B now rolling out Calvin and Graham. Team C wasn't starting Gio and just lost Rodgers this trade allows him to stop relying on Cameron and Gordon in the same starting lineup.

I'm torn on whether team A just did something awesome, went one trade too far, or should have never touched Calvin.
I love what team A did, they should be a contender next year and with good drafting and another trade they will be dominant soon.

PPR (.5 for RBs)

4pts passing TD

10 team

I am extremely high on Calvin, but holy cow that's a major haul.

PPR (.5 for RBs)

4pts passing TD

10 team

I really like that first trade. Calvin is an upgrade over Demaryius, but Spiller and a pair of late 1sts? He's not THAT much of an upgrade.

I'm ambivalent on the second trade. Gio might well be a top 5 dynasty back right now, but I kind of feel like it's only because of lack of alternatives. All told, I think it's a pretty fair trade for both sides.

ETA: I have one league where I've been stockpiling assets for years, and my team is just filthy deep. The Calvin owner has some really good pieces (Griffin, Calvin, Green, Morris), but is extremely shallow behind them. He strikes up trade talks with me three or four times a season. He always tells me that he's sky-high on Calvin, but magically a window has opened and for a very brief period of time he's open to trading him (I'm paraphrasing, of course). I'll send him what I consider a fair offer, and he'll respond with "Are you kidding? This is CALVIN FREAKING JOHNSON, here! I couldn't let him go for anything less than (insert absurd demands here)". After the first three times, I've taken to responding to him whenever that window magically opens that apparently he thinks Calvin is worth WAY more than I do, so I'm not even going to waste either of our time sending an offer because I know nothing will ever come of it.

As an example of some of the offers he'll make, he'll try to trade me Calvin for Randall Cobb and three future first round picks, or Calvin for five future first round picks, or Calvin for Demaryius and Julius Thomas and two future firsts. Basically, he's offering me Calvin if I'm willing to completely rebuild his entire roster overnight. I've always just thought he was crazy, or else he just liked chatting and used Calvin as a means to strike up a conversation. Anyway, the whole point of this rambling aside is that Demaryius/Spiller/two 1sts is exactly the sort of package that guy would demand for Calvin Johnson. That's an overnight rebuild kind of package. I always thought he was just wasting everyone's time, but it turns out that he just plays in the wrong leagues.

12 team PPR - Start 1/2/3/1

Team A gives:

Julio Jones

Jarrett Boykin

Team B gives:

Eric Decker

2014 1st (1.07-1.10 range) (swapped 1sts last year as part of a trade)

2015 1st

2016 1st

12 Team PPR

Team A got: Trent Richardson, Donald Brown, Quinton Patton and Tim Wright

Team B got: T Pryor, Roy Helu, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert and 2015 1st

Ten team .5 PPR keeper league. We keep 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE.

Team A is the defending champ and has Rogers, Cobb, Roddy, SJax on the bench, currently starting Romo, Lacy, Le'Veon Bell, Dez, rotating WR2, Witten and on track to make playoffs again.

Team B is rebuilding.

Team A gets Forte.

Team B gets Le'Veon Bell and Ray Rice. These two become starters this year.

Traded Julio, Cobb, quick, thompkins for Roddy and AJ Green along with a 2014 4th and 2015 4th & 5th

12x30 Ppr league

Maybe I could have waited for Cobb, but didn't want to trust Antonio Brown, Shorts, and K. Wright as my top 3 in division play when I'm 9-0 (2nd place team is 7-2 and stacked)

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Lattimore

Got: Rivers, 3rd in 2014

I am a playoff lock but lost A. Rodgers to injury (only other QB was Manuel)

Traded Julio, Cobb, quick, thompkins for Roddy and AJ Green along with a 2014 4th and 2015 4th & 5th

12x30 Ppr league

Maybe I could have waited for Cobb, but didn't want to trust Antonio Brown, Shorts, and K. Wright as my top 3 in division play when I'm 9-0 (2nd place team is 7-2 and stacked)
ouch.

PPR (.5 for RBs)

4pts passing TD

10 team

I love what team A did, they should be a contender next year and with good drafting and another trade they will be dominant soon.
Agreed. Well played by Team A.

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..
why? AJ Green is the best player in the deal. Thompkins & Quick have minimal value at best. Do I lose some long term? Sure...but I'm undefeated and geared up for this year. Roddy should also help now that hes healthyThe Des Bryant owner would only take both and would not accept counters. Demaryus owner is my top rival. Tried to trade him Graham straight up and he declined

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..
why? AJ Green is the best player in the deal. Thompkins & Quick have minimal value at best. Do I lose some long term? Sure...but I'm undefeated and geared up for this year. Roddy should also help now that hes healthyThe Des Bryant owner would only take both and would not accept counters. Demaryus owner is my top rival. Tried to trade him Graham straight up and he declined
I like Julio over Green, and Cobb is way way ahead of anyone else in the deal after that.

I don't think it's a horrible deal because you were in a pinch with injuries in a year where you have a very strong team. That said, it's quite a bit to give up long term. In a way, it's basically giving Cobb away for free long-term if you consider Julio/Green a wash.

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..
Most of us think Julio = Green, or close to it.

That leaves the trade Cobb/Quick/Thompkins for Roddy and some near worthless picks.

In a way, it's basically giving Cobb away for free long-term if you consider Julio/Green a wash.
I agree, it's giving away Cobb for a shot at the title this year.
Which, depending on your point of view, is a worthwhile trade. Not much different than my giving Peyton manning for Cobb (from the other guy's perspective)

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..

That leaves the trade Cobb/Quick/Thompkins for Roddy and some near worthless picks.
Julio isn't equal to Green. Julio isn't playing and he has a good shot to win it this year. Roddy will bounce back. I think he gave a little too much but overall, I like this trade because of his situation. Is the goal to win a championship or forever try for next season?

In a way, it's basically giving Cobb away for free long-term if you consider Julio/Green a wash.
I agree, it's giving away Cobb for a shot at the title this year.
Which, depending on your point of view, is a worthwhile trade. Not much different than my giving Peyton manning for Cobb (from the other guy's perspective)
exactly, and wasn't for free. Quick/Thompkins for.the picks were a wash. While I don't love Roddy White, would anyone be surprised if he produced like a wr2 for next year and a half or even longer? I don't think I was going deep without an upgrade at wr. Antonio Brown is a much better wr2 then wr1 and having Shorts and K. Wright as rotational players is much better than depending on them as my wr2&3 along with Hartline, Cooper, Miles Austin, etc... I have bot Julius and Graham at TE along with Cook & Clay so if I need to eventually add depth at wr I have ammo. Foster/Tate/Johnson at RB along with Reggie Bush, Forte, and Leveon Bell. Weakness now is Kaep and Foles/Vick at QB.Also, right after the deal I scooped Sid Rice off waivers and put him in my IR spot that was freed up so that helps as well. Got.lucky nobody noticed he was dropped after he got.unlocked

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..

Except AJ Greens foot works

Anyone deal ADP (give or get) lately? What are you getting back? I've floated what I thought were very reasonable offers and I get crickets.

flc735 said:
cstu said:
loose circuits said:
DD88 said:
msudaisy26 said:
loose circuits said:

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..

Julio isn't equal to Green. Julio isn't playing and he has a good shot to win it this year. Roddy will bounce back. I think he gave a little too much but overall, I like this trade because of his situation. Is the goal to win a championship or forever try for next season?
In a dynasty league Julio is equal to Green. Lets put it this way if you had Green would you give up him and Cobb to get Calvin. The answer is no.

flc735 said:
cstu said:
loose circuits said:
DD88 said:
msudaisy26 said:
loose circuits said:

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..

In a dynasty league Julio is equal to Green. Lets put it this way if you had Green would you give up him and Cobb to get Calvin. The answer is no.
is green and Cobb on IR in this scenario? Do I have a team that has a decent shot at title?

drew1976 said:
Anyone deal ADP (give or get) lately? What are you getting back? I've floated what I thought were very reasonable offers and I get crickets.
What were these offers?
ADP, Brady and Fitz for Spiller, Russell Wilson and a 2014 1st.

ADP and Fitz for Julio (I'm out of it this year).
That seriously was not accepted?? Sort of looks like giving Brady and Fitz for free in that deal, amazed you heard nothing back.

12 team .5 PPR 2RB/3WR/TE + 1 RB/WR/TE flex

Trade one:

Team A gave Markus Wheaton and Owen Daniels

Team B gave Kyle Rudolph (after his injury)

Trade two:

Team C gave Alshon Jeffery and a 2014 2nd round rookie pick (likely to be high)

Team D gave Arian Foster (trade happened after news of Foster seeing multiple back specialists)

drew1976 said:
What were these offers?
ADP, Brady and Fitz for Spiller, Russell Wilson and a 2014 1st.ADP and Fitz for Julio (I'm out of it this year).
That seriously was not accepted?? Sort of looks like giving Brady and Fitz for free in that deal, amazed you heard nothing back.
Depends on the makeup of the other team, those are all old guys. The hardest assets to trade in many dynasty leagues.

Depends on the makeup of the other team, those are all old guys. The hardest assets to trade in many dynasty leagues.
If my team was 0-9, I would still accept that.

If my team was 0-9, I would still accept that.
Ok. But some would not. It's not unreasonable that it wasn't accepted.

10-team, yardage-heavy (no PPR), start 1/2/3/1 (no flex)

Team A gives: Bernard Pierce

Team B gives: Greg Olsen

Team A is second-to-last in points scored thanks to some poor starting decisions, but he currently owns a playoff spot thanks to a favorable schedule. He has a pretty decent team that could make some noise if he gets lucky (Calvin, Green, Knowshon, Morris, and Griffin, plus a bunch of flotsam that he rotates through his other starting positions), but his TEs have been the lowest-scoring group in the league by a big margin (he was starting Pettigrew this week).

Team B owns Ray Rice, and Greg Olsen was his 4th TE behind Gronk, JT, and Reed.

12 team dynasty ppr

I gave up

Tavon Austin

Steve Smith

I received

2014 1st 6-12 spot

2015 1st 6-12 spot

Hankerson

Great to see Austin get loose today vs the Colts but I just don't see him being the star I had hoped when I drafted him 1.1 Even if I'm wrong 2 1sts will make it hurt quite a bit less.

Users who are viewing this thread