What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official JACKIE BATTLE Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Im trying to sell him before my deadline friday. Almost every game he has left is against a very good offense so KC should be playing catchup, if not just going against a good run D in the first place.
Good luck. I just plain 'ol dropped him rather than insult anybody with trade offers.
He's not even close to being droppable in my leagues. The best WW RBs are Scott, Ridley, Snelling, Karim, Spiller.

Would you drop Battle for McCluster? With the injury to Cassel, I can't see Battle's numbers to improve. What say you?
Battle has some value since he is the lead back in KC. His numbers are pretty weak and that O is really struggling. With Cassell out, improvement seems unlikely. McCluster is worth a pick up in PPR leagues. He would be a desparate play this week but could be held to see how things shake out with the new QB.

Im trying to sell him before my deadline friday. Almost every game he has left is against a very good offense so KC should be playing catchup, if not just going against a good run D in the first place.
Good luck. I just plain 'ol dropped him rather than insult anybody with trade offers.
Same here. Haley seems to be abandoning the run when they're down. Look at the schedule over the next 5 weeks: @NE, PIT, @CHI, @NYJ, GB. Yuck.

Would you drop Battle for McCluster? With the injury to Cassel, I can't see Battle's numbers to improve. What say you?
Battle has some value since he is the lead back in KC. His numbers are pretty weak and that O is really struggling. With Cassell out, improvement seems unlikely. McCluster is worth a pick up in PPR leagues. He would be a desparate play this week but could be held to see how things shake out with the new QB.
I disagree. Some of battle's latest diminution of value has come from the fact that he isn't getting many carries in the 1st half. Now that Palko is in, you have to expect they'd lean onthe running game a little more. I think Cassell being out bumps both battle and mcclusker####

I would in a second, especially in PPR. He is getting a ton of looks all of a sudden which is likely to increase with even more dumpoffs.I think McCluster is likely the only Chief to benefit from the new situation.The only problem is the likelihood of injury due to his size.
FBG's agree with you. Not so much that McCluster is fantasy gold, but more that Battle is hot garbage in their latest weekly ratings. But I'd only start McCluster in a PPR league and only if I had limited options.

Same here. Haley seems to be abandoning the run when they're down. Look at the schedule over the next 5 weeks: @NE, PIT, @CHI, @NYJ, GB. Yuck.
That's exactly what I was looking at when I decided to drop him in favor of Helu and Ball (McGahee handcuff) :mellow: in my PPR league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haley is just too nifty for Battle to have much value. You have DBs wildcatting short TDs, a 160 lb RB getting goal line carries, and an overall attitude by the coach which seems to be more concerned about surprising the other team than running a play and winning the individual battles.

The only thing to hope for here is an early score for the Chiefs, and that is too risky for me to start Battle. Otherwise, he's useless. Haley's been known to abandon the run when he's been down by 10 points or more, which will be a common occurrence in the coming weeks.

I missed out on the McCluster train this past Sunday, but I did pick up Ball as my RB2 for this week. Here's to McGahee missing this week's game!

Also playing Starks over Battle. He got nine carries to McCluster's 8. He's getting backup work and the team stinks. I'd drop him but there's no one on the WW that's much better at this point. Obviously no one is too jazzed up about his prospects going forward but is anyone thinking drop at this point?

Also going with Starks this week. At least I know exactly what I'm getting. 15-16 touches and 7 fantasy points, with a 5% chance of scoring a TD.

Had enough of this guy - I think he could have some value if Haley ever stuck with him, but we know that isn't happening.

Pains me to see what kind of numbers Charles could have put up this year with really no viable competition in the backfield.

'djjosee said:
'stronger88 said:
That's exactly what I was looking at when I decided to drop him in favor of Helu and Ball (McGahee handcuff) :mellow: in my PPR league.
When you can drop JACKIE BATTLE and pick up 2 for the price of 1, I cant blame you for dropping him.

'djjosee said:
When you can drop JACKIE BATTLE and pick up 2 for the price of 1, I cant blame you for dropping him.
That's right kids! JACKIE BATTLE takes up 2 roster spots on your FF team. You didn't know that already?

battle is on my bench. i cant drop him, hopefully he runs more with the back up QB in there. KC is a mess right now, you'd think haley would run him more often to keep that putrid defense off the field. Im keeping him, why not my WW is bone dry. (12 teams)the way RBs are dropping depth is good.

Jackie Battle is a conservative running back. He lacks the speed and moves that mccluster has, but running between the tackles and picking up short yards is where he comes in. When you don't trust the quarterback you might be less likely to run the gimmicky plays that put mccluster into a favorable position. On passing plays Battle is the far superior blocker. He should be on the field for the majority of the snaps, but won't be taking anything very far past the first down marker. I am not as low on him as many of you, I can see him avg 10 fantasy points a game from here on....

Jackie got the slows, man, and there ain't no cure.

Sent an offer out this morning to the guy in my league who always sets his lineup and posts to our forum around 5:30 a.m. (e.g., no way the dude ever sees a late game).

Battle for Torrey Smith

Kind of love the idea of trading away one the slowest straight line runners for a speedster who kind of only knows how to run fast in a straight line.
is this a keeper league? Are you nuts?
Short bench redraft. No.I could hijack to justify why it makes sense, but come on, man - this is the Battle Stations thread!
torrey smith is barely roster worthy
UPDATEWk 9 18.1 pts (Battle 5.9 pts)

Wk 10 7.4 pts (Battle 6.1 pts)

Wk 11 28.5 pts* (Battle @NE MNF)

*in progress

Sent an offer out this morning to the guy in my league who always sets his lineup and posts to our forum around 5:30 a.m. (e.g., no way the dude ever sees a late game).

Battle for Torrey Smith

Kind of love the idea of trading away one the slowest straight line runners for a speedster who kind of only knows how to run fast in a straight line.
:lmao:

Chin up, fellas. This is JACKIE BATTLE time.

Down by 24 in the 4th Q. The yards should start coming in bunches any second now... :football:

Battle for Torrey Smith

:lmao:
:lol: That was pretty bad

Anyone notice that ol' man Thomas Jones actually looked pretty good against the Pats? I think I saw a little spring back in his step.

Any chance Todd Haley goes back to Thomas Jones for the majority of the carries?

I still think there is a good chance he is picked up and catches on. Look for the Bengals to sign him during camp.

Users who are viewing this thread