What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official JACKIE BATTLE Thread*** (1 Viewer)

seems like a lot of assumptions in here. Is Battle even signed with KC for next season? pretty sure he signed a one year deal, but i can't find any links

'jon_mx said:
There are not 12 RBs in the league I would want on my roster the remainer of this season over Battle. Most people are not in a Dynasty league, so what he might do next year is meaningless. Battle will not put up top 5 numbers in points, but he is elite on the number of touches he will see.
Really? In no particular Order:1. Adrian Peterson2. Arian Foster3. Matt Forte4. Darren McFadden5. Fred Jackson6. LeSean McCoy7. Ray Rice8. Frank Gore9. Maurice Jones-Drew10. Michael Turner11. Darren Sproles12. Beanie Wells13. Steven Jackson14. Ahmad Bradshaw15. Ryan Matthews16. Willis McGahee17. Chris JohnsonMaybe somewhere right after this?

id rather have these:foster, rice, adp, fjax, forte, mccoy, beanie, mendy, benson, mjd, dmc, mathews, murray, bradshaw, sproles, stewart, blount, turner, gore, sjaxdebatable cj, greeneonly 12 is lunacy
You may rather have 12, but Battle will not be outscored by 12 RBs. He will put up solid consistent numbers.
Unless/until you can identify *which* of the 12 Battle will outscore, this is still a useless point.

'jon_mx said:
There are not 12 RBs in the league I would want on my roster the remainer of this season over Battle. Most people are not in a Dynasty league, so what he might do next year is meaningless. Battle will not put up top 5 numbers in points, but he is elite on the number of touches he will see.
Really? In no particular Order:1. Adrian Peterson2. Arian Foster3. Matt Forte4. Darren McFadden5. Fred Jackson6. LeSean McCoy7. Ray Rice8. Frank Gore9. Maurice Jones-Drew10. Michael Turner11. Darren Sproles12. Beanie Wells13. Steven Jackson14. Ahmad Bradshaw15. Ryan Matthews16. Willis McGahee17. Chris JohnsonMaybe somewhere right after this?
There are 4 or 5 guys on that list that are banged up or in questionable situations that makes it likely that Battle will do better. Beanie is banged up, and it would not be shocking if he missed some playing time. Same thing with SJax. CJ is on the verge of being benched if he doesn't start producing. McGahee, who knows how healthy he is and how his numbers with Tebow will look like. Battle probably trades like and RB20 in a redraft league, but because he is strong and healthy and has little competition for carries, will end up scoring in the top 12 for the rest of the season.

Raider, who would you try to sell him for anyway..
I have nobody specific in mind. I send out the "On the Block" alert via Sportsline, and we'll see what offers come rolling in.Hoping for LaRod Stephens-Howling.
if your serious, your a joke.. Battle has value, if you dont feel that way drop him and pick up someone else. im sure the other owners in whatever type of league your in will scoop him up immediately. would wonder what your team looks like but it'll prob be a joke too or made up. thx for your input, its very insightful.

Battle is simply not the type that will get you much in a deal. He is in a good (not great) situation. He should be solid - with upside for good-very good. But the guy is not electric. This was not a Demarco Murray type of explosion, nor does Battle show that skill set.

Even for people really struggling at RB, I can't see getting much more than a #3 or MAYBE low end #2 WR for him.

My suggestion is that if you believe that Battle has a good shot to be a decent or even good #2 RB, trade someone else with more appeal. It's a risk sure - but that risk is why no one is putting out great offers for him at this point.

'boonesfarm4me said:
I have nobody specific in mind. I send out the "On the Block" alert via Sportsline, and we'll see what offers come rolling in.Hoping for LaRod Stephens-Howling.
if your serious, your a joke.. Battle has value, if you dont feel that way drop him and pick up someone else. im sure the other owners in whatever type of league your in will scoop him up immediately. would wonder what your team looks like but it'll prob be a joke too or made up. thx for your input, its very insightful.
Get back to your English class, Sparky. :thumbup:

He has been my fill in until Jahvid Best gets back and has been solid enough. Was very happy with the TD tonight. Also to say he looked awful is dumb. He looked pretty good as far as my eyes could see. He had like 1-2 carries per drive in the first half. Ended the first half with around 7 carries for 22 yards but never got enough to really put some runs together. On that big TD drive Haley ran it with Battle a few times in a row and he racked up like 50 yards on 4 or 5 carries and a TD. If that isn't good RB1/High RB2 production I'm really not sure what is?The only issue right now is Haley isn't running the ball until late in games. I feel like The "Great" Jackie Battle proved on that drive last night he can carry the load on a drive if the blocking is there. Hopefully we'll start to see more like 10-12 touches in the first half then have him close out games.
everyone has their own opinions on Battle. Hes my #3, start 2 so im happy. There is alot of love/hate for Battle on this board. Some say drop? really? that would be really dumb.. The only thing that annoyed me was the amount of TJs carries. I thought overall that Battle had a decent game. Just imagine if Battle gets more involved the ROS. As for grammar, this ain't english class "sparky" :thumbdown:

He has been my fill in until Jahvid Best gets back and has been solid enough. Was very happy with the TD tonight. Also to say he looked awful is dumb. He looked pretty good as far as my eyes could see. He had like 1-2 carries per drive in the first half. Ended the first half with around 7 carries for 22 yards but never got enough to really put some runs together. On that big TD drive Haley ran it with Battle a few times in a row and he racked up like 50 yards on 4 or 5 carries and a TD. If that isn't good RB1/High RB2 production I'm really not sure what is?The only issue right now is Haley isn't running the ball until late in games. I feel like The "Great" Jackie Battle proved on that drive last night he can carry the load on a drive if the blocking is there. Hopefully we'll start to see more like 10-12 touches in the first half then have him close out games.
everyone has their own opinions on Battle. Hes my #3, start 2 so im happy. There is alot of love/hate for Battle on this board. Some say drop? really? that would be really dumb.. The only thing that annoyed me was the amount of TJs carries. I thought overall that Battle had a decent game. Just imagine if Battle gets more involved the ROS. As for grammar, this ain't english class "sparky" :thumbdown:
Battle is on a pace that would put him at 288 carries for a full season. He is getting plenty of carries, even with the handful that TJ and Dexter are getting. It is a bit unrealistic to expect him to be given 20+ a game when he hasn't carried it more than a dozen times in 5 years. As a Battle owner, I'm happy with the number of carries he is getting, but would like to see at least 1-2 screen attempts a game to keep the other teams honest.

I asked in another thread I think but didn't get an answer. Do we see any dynasty value in Battle?

If you need a RB for this year would you be willing to trade anything for him long term?

Battle's perceived Dynasty value is low. I still think he has a chance to be KC's back next year though. I assume KC believes Charles will be back, which means KC will not make getting another RB a high priority. If Charles has problems coming back, a good situation could fall into Battle's lap again. But that is a couple if's, so ou can't place too much value in that.

Battle's perceived Dynasty value is low. I still think he has a chance to be KC's back next year though. I assume KC believes Charles will be back, which means KC will not make getting another RB a high priority. If Charles has problems coming back, a good situation could fall into Battle's lap again. But that is a couple if's, so ou can't place too much value in that.
That's how I feel, also. Thoguht maybe out of touch for thinking he has no real value after this season...

That's how I feel, also. Thoguht maybe out of touch for thinking he has no real value after this season...
In addition to Charles, someone else is also going to have 175+ carries for KC next year. How Battle performs for the remainder of the year will determine the level of competition he will have for those carries.

this post made me check Howling's numbers on my leagues webpage. I was all..."maybe I found a gem that's been overlooked?" :yucky: :lmao:
Glad you enjoyed the humor. It went right over my good buddy boonesfarm4me's head.

Matthew Barry hates Jackie Battle this week. So i will make sure to stick him in my lineup as my flex. He thinks the Miami run d is a tough one this year. some rbs have done ok vs this defense. i like his chances of his floor bieng 70 yds with a 50/50 chance of a TD. Battle has gone 19/119, 16/76, 19/70. :boxing:

ben tate 23/103

hardesty 14/67

matthews 16/81

greene 21/74

mcgahee 18/76

bradshaw 13/50

Matthew Barry hates Jackie Battle this week. So i will make sure to stick him in my lineup as my flex. He thinks the Miami run d is a tough one this year. some rbs have done ok vs this defense. i like his chances of his floor bieng 70 yds with a 50/50 chance of a TD. Battle has gone 19/119, 16/76, 19/70. :boxing: ben tate 23/103hardesty 14/67matthews 16/81greene 21/74mcgahee 18/76bradshaw 13/50
Right on man. I read those stats as proof that backup RBs can and do run for 60-70 yards on the Fins, even 100+ when a guy on a running team gets a lot of carries. On top of that Battle has never gone for less than 70 and gets the majority of the carries. Where do I sign up?

Matthew Barry hates Jackie Battle this week. So i will make sure to stick him in my lineup as my flex. He thinks the Miami run d is a tough one this year. some rbs have done ok vs this defense. i like his chances of his floor bieng 70 yds with a 50/50 chance of a TD. Battle has gone 19/119, 16/76, 19/70. :boxing: ben tate 23/103hardesty 14/67matthews 16/81greene 21/74mcgahee 18/76bradshaw 13/50
Mcclain fumbling at the goal line 2 weeks ago and MCclusters 3 fumbles this season also have to go a long way to securing that Battle gets 15+ carries a week and Gl work as he Punched in easily on Monday night.

He started out 7 carries for 10yds so looks like he finished with 4 for 27...11 carries in the first half has to be his high so far.

Looks like MIA is already getting worn out by the Battleing Ram before the 2nd half even comes around :football:

I like the fact he got a reception. Really want to see Battle start getting 2-3 receptions per game. Add that in with 15 plus carries with goal line duties, and you have a pretty good work horse, which is pretty rare these days.

This is the downside of Jackie Battle, his upside is probably capped at 70-80 yards and a touchdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chiefs are 3-0 where Jackie Battle carries 16 or more times.

1-4 when he does not.

Take note Todd.

Jackie got the slows, man, and there ain't no cure.

Sent an offer out this morning to the guy in my league who always sets his lineup and posts to our forum around 5:30 a.m. (e.g., no way the dude ever sees a late game).

Battle for Torrey Smith

Kind of love the idea of trading away one the slowest straight line runners for a speedster who kind of only knows how to run fast in a straight line.
is this a keeper league? Are you nuts?
Short bench redraft. No.I could hijack to justify why it makes sense, but come on, man - this is the Battle Stations thread!
torrey smith is barely roster worthy
:popcorn:

I did not get to watch the game today. Waht (mis-spelled) the hell happen to the Chiefs today and to Baldwin?

The Freakin Bronco's are only one (1) game behind! WOO-WOO's had a nice 3 game winning streak and then died at home. I don't understand?

What was the problem today?

I still think the AFC west is between the Chiefs & Chargers!

Your thought's on the above?

So McCluster is the goal line back?

Oy, now I remember why I always turned down Charles whenever anyone offered him to me. Haley has all the direction off a bumble bee in a shoebox.

JACKIE BATTLE and TIM TEBOW will be in the same stadium. Standing on THE SAME FIELD!

I almost can't comprehend all the awesomeness. :bow:

id rather have these:foster, rice, adp, fjax, forte, mccoy, beanie, mendy, benson, mjd, dmc, mathews, murray, bradshaw, sproles, stewart, blount, turner, gore, sjaxdebatable cj, greeneonly 12 is lunacy
You may rather have 12, but Battle will not be outscored by 12 RBs. He will put up solid consistent numbers.
:popcorn:

Why only 9 carries for Battle? He had 6.8 YPC. What is the deal with this guy? going forward? RB3?
He's just not that good. I keep saying it but nobody wants to hear it. :shrug:I wish this weren't the case... I own him just like the rest of you. But he was 37th string for a reason.

Why only 9 carries for Battle? He had 6.8 YPC. What is the deal with this guy? going forward? RB3?
He's just not that good. I keep saying it but nobody wants to hear it. :shrug:I wish this weren't the case... I own him just like the rest of you. But he was 37th string for a reason.
lmao. i dont think hes that good either but using that as a reason in a response to a post which clearly states his 6.8 ypc is funny

Nothing is goin onHe's a 2-Down back therefore if the Chiefs are always behind, like the last 2 weeks, you can't expect 20 carries

That was one long 34-yard run and a bunch of nondescript 3-yard runs. RB3 sounds about right.
Correct. I forgot to actually answer ponch's specific question. That, and K.C. trailed for most of the game, so McCluster got 8 carries. He's in the game when a pass-catching RB is needed.

That was one long 34-yard run and a bunch of nondescript 3-yard runs. RB3 sounds about right.
i dont even think hes an rb3. hes almost droppable imho. heck ill be starting kendall hunter over him next week to replace fosters bye
Let us know if you change your mind. Do you have a Twitter account?

i dont even think hes an rb3. hes almost droppable imho. heck ill be starting kendall hunter over him next week to replace fosters bye
Let us know if you change your mind. Do you have a Twitter account?
Don't you knuckleheads get tired of making these posts?

Im trying to sell him before my deadline friday. Almost every game he has left is against a very good offense so KC should be playing catchup, if not just going against a good run D in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread