What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Kige Ramsey Tribute/Discussion*** (2 Viewers)

Just watched that part again. :lmao: :lmao: It's too much.Watch, when Kige goes turbo on the Titans he sounds just like that swinger on Family Guy. Almost sounds like a heavy Primus/Claypool riff:

DIDGGA-DIGGA-DABOOM-DIGGADIGGADO (or something).

He actually puts his hand up to his mouth to try and stop the motor. :lmao: God I love him.

Glad you enjoyed the Cooking with Kige segment more to come in that area
Alright, you got me good. Kige isn't really here. :hey:I'd think Kige, himself, was shtick but he doesn't look smart enough to pull it off. Maybe he did and I'm just a huge sucker. Either way, it's been enjoyable. I give Kige a 10/10. Much better than the current Rambo thread. :goodposting:

Just in case anyone missed it:Hello Youtube viewers I'm sure a lot of you go to Wal-Mart out there, and are wondering, how to best get through a Wal-Mart quickly.

Well, my strategy is to first, go through uh the lawn and garden department, you get in that door, easier. Then once you're done shopping and getting everything you need, you go through, I go through a self checkout, so I can, get my, so I can do a scan, and I'm, I'm a self, I'm a hands-on person when I go to shop. And then, and then, when I'm done shopping and everything's in the cart, or, you got everything, you exit back out through, the lawn and garden section and you should be out, depending on how long you have, you shop, real quick.

So that's how I uh get through Wal-Mart real quick. This is Kige Ramsey for Youtbe...Tips.

Never has there been a shtick as powerful and mighty as Kige. The guy is a damn genius and I bow in his presence. Whenever it appears he's slippin, he takes it to an entirely different level. Unreal :envy:

Very generous of Kige to autograph some newspapers for the fans. :thumbup: This is Kige Ramsey for Youtube.....sports :pointsatcamera:

Kige Ramsey article on CNNsi

The Face Of YouTube Sports (the story of Kige Ramsey)

If ESPN's SportsCenter studio in Bristol, Conn., represents one end of the sports-media spectrum, then the opposite is a basement in Russellville, Ky., where a man serves up succinct commentary in front of a small digital-video camera, at a card table, with a wood-paneled backdrop. This is Kige Ramsey, the one and only reporter for YouTube Sports. Ramsey thinks there's often "too much jibber-jabber" on ESPN and is here to offer the antidote. He is not actually employed by YouTube, he just signs off that way -- and then gets up to shut off his camera. But folks at YouTube are well aware of his existence.

Said Andrew Bangs, a community marketing director for the site, "[Ramsey] is one of YouTube's most beloved sports vloggers. He's like the voice of the fan. ... He's honest, he's earnest, he's direct. Compared to the more flashy, high-production-value sports shows, he's refreshing."

Ramsey, a 21-year-old commuter student at Western Kentucky who is considering taking the next semester off, has gained

an unlikely cult following, much of it from having his videos embedded on Deadspin. His set -- which includes large Tennessee Titans and University of Kentucky logos taped to the wall -- has the feel of a real-life Wayne's World, although the comedy here is unintentional. He is serving up serious opinions and says "viewers can interpret them however they want to." Whatever the motivation, people are watching: Ramsey's video channel on YouTube has had 113,131 viewers (with 1,294 subscribers), he does a number of regular sports radio spots, and there was a failed attempt to auction off a charity dinner with him for $4,000 on eBay. He has also been name-dropping Web sites -- presumably as paid advertisements -- in recent videos. Asked whether he's making money out of those deals, Ramsey says, "no comment."

Ramsey got his start by commenting on the NFL in 2007, but has branched out into other avenues, including, in May of that year, the debate over celebrity Nicole Ritchie's weight. (Kige's now-famous take: "I think she does need to go back to rehab, cause it would help her get over her anorexic (sic).") He gets to the point quickly; most of his videos clock in at less than one minute. Deadspin, a fan of what it calls Ramsey's "homespun wisdom," nominated him for its 2007 Sports Human of the Year award. Ramsey, who campaigned for votes on YouTube, was the award's runner-up, behind Isiah Thomas.

Despite all of his online fame, Ramsey says his ultimate goal is not to be hired by YouTube sports, but rather to have a nationally syndicated sports-radio show out of Kentucky. He promises, though, that if the radio-show deal materializes, his contract would be drafted in a way that allows him to keep making Internet videos. One must never forget one's roots.

Users who are viewing this thread