What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (3 Viewers)

I guess the ship we saw in last season's finale wasn't the Black Rock, afterall.
Sack… Can you explain this to me as to how we know this? Admittedly my DVR f'ed me and I missed like the first 20 minutes of the show.
You remember the ship from the season finale last year? The day was sunny and clear and the sea was calm when Jacob and MiB had their conversation on the beach.Last night, the Black Rock was getting tossed around in a huge storm at night and was ultimately thrown onto the island (and apparently broke the Tawaret statue) by a massive wave.
That was my thought at first, too............but then I decided that the ship was out there during the day while Jacob and MIB had their talk, and then Jacob could have brought them in after that. I don't know if that means he can create storms or what. Just saying I noticed the same thing, but could suspend disbelief on that one. :goodposting:

I'm not sure the pieces fit together well.Jacob: Alpert, I want you to represent me and act on my behalf. I believe people are good and unLocke belives they are prone to sin.So Alpert spends his time aligned to Ben who is torturing and murdering people?
I actually agree with this, and it seems to be a rather large plot hole ATM, IMO.
Ben is torturing and killing these people because, (right or wrong) he believes he is protecting the island from them and from discovery.Which is why he couldn't let them leave and get help, which is why he needed to have Jack save his life (because if he died, the Island would be without a leader, without a caretaker).My two cents.
My memory forgets, but Ben only believed he is protecting the island b/c he made that up in his mind. Jacob never spoke to him at all. He was only the islands leader in his own mind. Maybe I'm rambling here but.....With that, perhaps Widmore and linus are exactly the same......they aren't special at all....they just think they are (or want to be). Charles "broke the rules" by killing Alex....but in fact, those were only the rules that Ben and Charles made up.We know that Jacob and MIB have actual rules that "work" (so to speak) - i.e. it took Ben to kill Jacob.

End of Last Episode:Jack and Sawyer on the beach; Jack in white, Sawyer in black. Jack (the candidate) is now serving Jacob's role in keeping smokey (Sawyer) on the island. The end.
I kinda like this idea. But I think its more likely to be Jack and Locke.
You mean NotLocke.
I mean UnLocke.
Or maybe pseudo-Locke?
Norwood.

I'm not sure the pieces fit together well.Jacob: Alpert, I want you to represent me and act on my behalf. I believe people are good and unLocke belives they are prone to sin.So Alpert spends his time aligned to Ben who is torturing and murdering people?
I actually agree with this, and it seems to be a rather large plot hole ATM, IMO.
Ben is torturing and killing these people because, (right or wrong) he believes he is protecting the island from them and from discovery.Which is why he couldn't let them leave and get help, which is why he needed to have Jack save his life (because if he died, the Island would be without a leader, without a caretaker).My two cents.
My memory forgets, but Ben only believed he is protecting the island b/c he made that up in his mind. Jacob never spoke to him at all. He was only the islands leader in his own mind. Maybe I'm rambling here but.....With that, perhaps Widmore and linus are exactly the same......they aren't special at all....they just think they are (or want to be). Charles "broke the rules" by killing Alex....but in fact, those were only the rules that Ben and Charles made up.We know that Jacob and MIB have actual rules that "work" (so to speak) - i.e. it took Ben to kill Jacob.
Didn't Jacob speak to him in the cabin? ( or Smokey...cause in the one epsiode where Locke and him went to the cabin....they flashed an image of a guy who looked like Smokey).

If there was nothing special about ben, there's no reason it had to be him to kill Jacob. We've already seen this with Flocke trying to have Richard kill Jacob. It doesn't need to be a special person to do the deed, but Jacob is pretty good at protecting himself. With Ben, wasn't there a quote from Jacob that he was "hoping I was right about you"? He didn't defend himself against Ben because he thought Ben would prove him right in his little contest with Flocke, that humanity doesn't have to act selfishly all the time. Jacob gave Ben the opportunity to prove Jacob's theory right and Ben failed.

My guess for what's in Widmores closet : Aaron

Being the only child born on the island, Aaron has some importance in MIB getting off the island.

End of Last Episode:Jack and Sawyer on the beach; Jack in white, Sawyer in black. Jack (the candidate) is now serving Jacob's role in keeping smokey (Sawyer) on the island. The end.
I kinda like this idea. But I think its more likely to be Jack and Locke.
You mean NotLocke.
I mean UnLocke.
Or maybe pseudo-Locke?
Maybe his 1st cousin Lead Pipe will make a cameo?

I'm not sure the pieces fit together well.

Jacob: Alpert, I want you to represent me and act on my behalf. I believe people are good and unLocke belives they are prone to sin.

So Alpert spends his time aligned to Ben who is torturing and murdering people?
Ben is torturing and killing these people because, (right or wrong) he believes he is protecting the island from them and from discovery.Which is why he couldn't let them leave and get help, which is why he needed to have Jack save his life (because if he died, the Island would be without a leader, without a caretaker).

My two cents.
My memory forgets, but Ben only believed he is protecting the island b/c he made that up in his mind. Jacob never spoke to him at all. He was only the islands leader in his own mind. Maybe I'm rambling here but.....

With that, perhaps Widmore and linus are exactly the same......they aren't special at all....they just think they are (or want to be). Charles "broke the rules" by killing Alex....but in fact, those were only the rules that Ben and Charles made up.

We know that Jacob and MIB have actual rules that "work" (so to speak) - i.e. it took Ben to kill Jacob.
If there was nothing special about ben, there's no reason it had to be him to kill Jacob. We've already seen this with Flocke trying to have Richard kill Jacob. It doesn't need to be a special person to do the deed, but Jacob is pretty good at protecting himself. With Ben, wasn't there a quote from Jacob that he was "hoping I was right about you"? He didn't defend himself against Ben because he thought Ben would prove him right in his little contest with Flocke, that humanity doesn't have to act selfishly all the time. Jacob gave Ben the opportunity to prove Jacob's theory right and Ben failed.
Not completely yet....because Ben seems to be awake in regards to his manipulations AND his past episode shows that in his heart, he isn't the cold hearted, manipulative, bastich that island made him. I

My guess for what's in Widmores closet : AaronBeing the only child born on the island, Aaron has some importance in MIB getting off the island.
I like this theory, it makes sense with some other loose ends. it could explain why the Others were trying to fix the baby issue; perhaps they were being guided by FLocke so that he would have a "body" to get off the island with. also, it could explain why that prophet guy that Claire goes to see in the very beginning is so terrified of Aaron if he sees "evil" using his body as a vessel to get off the island in the future.

I didn't care for that episode because it didn't really reveal much. Its already been strongly hinted at that Richard Alpert arrived on the island in chains on the ship, and that he was made immortal by being touched by Jacob. So seeing it was nothing new. Unfortunately they wasted about 20 minutes showing us what we already knew. We also already new Jacob and the MiB were warring with each other like gods. We already understood the mechanic that Jacob was the island guardian acting as MiB's jailor, so calling the island a "cork" was no revelation at all. So the interaction between Jacob and MiB didn't tell us anything at all.

The only answer I guess we got was that Alpert will ally against MiB because Isabella wishes it.

The best scene to me was when Jacob attacked Alpert. As he dunked him in the water, it made me think of a baptism. Like Jacob is baptizing Alpert into his new Church of the Island.

My guess for what's in Widmores closet : AaronBeing the only child born on the island, Aaron has some importance in MIB getting off the island.
I'm not sure we know this as fact, only that of the Oceanic flight group this is true. Who knows over time if that would still hold true. IIRC. the only caveat was that kids couldn't be both conceived and born on the island.As for Richard, do we collectively still think he can't be killed while on the isalnd, or did that go bye bye with Jacob getting killed? If not, he would be the clear choice to kill not Locke/MIB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure we know this as fact, only that of the Oceanic flight group this is true. Who knows over time if that would still hold true. IIRC. the only caveat was that kids couldn't be boith conceived and born on the island.As for Richard, do we collectively still think he can't be killed while on the isalnd, or did that go bye bye with Jacob getting killed? If not, he would be the clear choice to kill not Locke/MIB.
Don't we know that it isn't true? Rousseau was preggers when she landed on the island and had a kid there. The others then snagged her and raised her as their own.

I like this theory, it makes sense with some other loose ends. it could explain why the Others were trying to fix the baby issue; perhaps they were being guided by FLocke so that he would have a "body" to get off the island with. also, it could explain why that prophet guy that Claire goes to see in the very beginning is so terrified of Aaron if he sees "evil" using his body as a vessel to get off the island in the future.
Has smokey only taken the form of dead people throughout the show? Does anyone him taking the form of someone still alive?Also, if taken as fact, didn't they say that MIB could no longer take the form of anyone other than Locke? Did they ever explain that, or do we assume that it's because Jacob was killed?

I'm not sure we know this as fact, only that of the Oceanic flight group this is true. Who knows over time if that would still hold true. IIRC. the only caveat was that kids couldn't be boith conceived and born on the island.As for Richard, do we collectively still think he can't be killed while on the isalnd, or did that go bye bye with Jacob getting killed? If not, he would be the clear choice to kill not Locke/MIB.
Don't we know that it isn't true? Rousseau was preggers when she landed on the island and had a kid there. The others then snagged her and raised her as their own.
I believe that we are saying the same think. Kids could be conceived off of but born on the island and kids could be conceived on but birthed off the island. But IIRC kids could not be conceived on and birthed on the island.

On the blast door map, it marks the Black Rock shipwreck. But the description on the blast door reads: "Known final resting place of Magnus Hanso / Black Rock".

And now we saw that Magnus Hanso did die in the wreck. But how would the person who drew the blast door map know Magnus Hanso died there? That's really weird.

I believe that we are saying the same think. Kids could be conceived off of but born on the island and kids could be conceived on but birthed off the island. But IIRC kids could not be conceived on and birthed on the island.
I was just pointing out that stat's claim that aaron is special because he was born on the isalnd is a bit of a misnomer. Alex was also born on the island and she's now wormfood.

Has smokey only taken the form of dead people throughout the show? Does anyone him taking the form of someone still alive?Also, if taken as fact, didn't they say that MIB could no longer take the form of anyone other than Locke? Did they ever explain that, or do we assume that it's because Jacob was killed?
I'm pretty sure he took the form of Alpert, when Alpert ran into a young Ben in the jungle.

I thought fLocke has mentioned that he used to have a body and it was taken from him and now he needs a new one to leave the island. I forgot about the whole Rousseau/Alex thing so I guess Aaron wouldn't be totally unique.I don't think they explained taking form thing.

Didn't Jacob speak to him in the cabin? ( or Smokey...cause in the one epsiode where Locke and him went to the cabin....they flashed an image of a guy who looked like Smokey).
It was made for us to believe that Jacob spoke to him, but he later admitted that Jacob had never actually spoken to him (hence the surprise on Ben's face when Locke said Jacob spoke to him)

I don't think it had to be Ben. Ben was just the easiest for unLocke to manipulate. I think the quote from Jacob re: Ben was referring to the fact that he hoped Ben was a "good person" :goodposting:

Which is another potential challenge as in the sideways, he's not born on the island. If the two times ever converge this would create a paradox (another paradox).

It was made for us to believe that Jacob spoke to him, but he later admitted that Jacob had never actually spoken to him (hence the surprise on Ben's face when Locke said Jacob spoke to him)
But he knew of Jacob.....and as the viewer we do see that Locke saw someone else in the cabin. So someone was there. But why would Ben even go to the cabin if he wasn't conversing with Jacob?

This might be a very stupid question but I will ask anyway

Can Flocke take the form of an animal

I thought that the pig was searching the dead guys belt or pants. I thought Flocke got the key there.

This might be a very stupid question but I will ask anywayCan Flocke take the form of an animalI thought that the pig was searching the dead guys belt or pants. I thought Flocke got the key there.
Thought that was a slave he was rooting, but I could be wrong.

But he knew of Jacob.....and as the viewer we do see that Locke saw someone else in the cabin. So someone was there. But why would Ben even go to the cabin if he wasn't conversing with Jacob?
IMO, it could be one of two things:1) It was shtick to get people to believe he was conversing with someone2) Because he believed he was conversing with Jacob when it was actually Smokey

This might be a very stupid question but I will ask anywayCan Flocke take the form of an animalI thought that the pig was searching the dead guys belt or pants. I thought Flocke got the key there.
He might have as "Sawyer's boar" a couple season's ago (but it hasn't been proven one way or the other), but last night was likely just a wild pig eating a dead slave.

It's possible he took the form of Walt back in Season 1/2, but it hasn't been proven.AFAIK, why MiB can't take another form hasn't been explained, yet.

Did I miss it before or was this the first time we actually heard the bad guy referred to as the "Man in Black" when Hurley said it?

As for Richard, do we collectively still think he can't be killed while on the isalnd, or did that go bye bye with Jacob getting killed? If not, he would be the clear choice to kill not Locke/MIB.
If he's immortal, it would certainly make sense. Isabella also told him that killing MiB is his mission.

First off, Nestor Carbonell = :shrug: This was my favorite episode since the finale of Season 3.

Haven't seen this discussed yet, but it caught my attention. Richard's story begins in the Canary Islands, which is a Spanish Autonomous Community off the coast of Morocco. The ship he's on leaves to go to the New World. From this I deduce that the Black Rock is crossing the Atlantic.

Pretty much everything we've learned about the island's location is that in 2004, it was in the Pacific. We also know that the island can "move" when needed.

So, was the island at one point in the Atlantic, at the time the Black Rock crashed on it? This would help explain the Egyptian lore on the island (closer to Africa & Egypt). Or was the Black Rock on the way to the New World by circumnavigating Africa & going through the Pacific. Maybe it fell victim to the "1000 miles off course" syndrome as Oceanic 815.

At this point, who knows.

First off, Nestor Carbonell = :moneybag: This was my favorite episode since the finale of Season 3. Haven't seen this discussed yet, but it caught my attention. Richard's story begins in the Canary Islands, which is a Spanish Autonomous Community off the coast of Morocco. The ship he's on leaves to go to the New World. From this I deduce that the Black Rock is crossing the Atlantic.Pretty much everything we've learned about the island's location is that in 2004, it was in the Pacific. We also know that the island can "move" when needed. So, was the island at one point in the Atlantic, at the time the Black Rock crashed on it? This would help explain the Egyptian lore on the island (closer to Africa & Egypt). Or was the Black Rock on the way to the New World by circumnavigating Africa & going through the Pacific. Maybe it fell victim to the "1000 miles off course" syndrome as Oceanic 815. At this point, who knows.
Good point, interesting too.

Maybe I don't get it... but I still don't understand the entire "loophole" premise whereby the MiB has to turn into Locke.

Does MiB die at some point and have to be resurrected as Locke?

When Ben and his group and doing everything they can to preserve locke and then put him into the coffin on the Ajira flight do they realize they are reincarnating the MiB?

Does Ben even realize what is actually going on?

Last night's episode wasn't that bad, but Richard's back story took WAY too long.

I guess we'll get a MiB/Jacob type of back story at some point to fill in some story gaps.. but I just really need to know WTF is going on with him having to merge into locke.

Maybe I don't get it... but I still don't understand the entire "loophole" premise whereby the MiB has to turn into Locke.Does MiB die at some point and have to be resurrected as Locke?When Ben and his group and doing everything they can to preserve locke and then put him into the coffin on the Ajira flight do they realize they are reincarnating the MiB?Does Ben even realize what is actually going on?Last night's episode wasn't that bad, but Richard's back story took WAY too long.I guess we'll get a MiB/Jacob type of back story at some point to fill in some story gaps.. but I just really need to know WTF is going on with him having to merge into locke.
I'm not defending it as logical but the only thing that makes sense to me is the Locke appearance provides him some familiarity to most - maybe an implied trust.If your point is that it falls apart under scrutiny, I agree. I am not sure why he waited until that point to make his power play. You would have thought he would be making that play all along. He took Locke's body before Jacob was killed - so I am not sure what the event was that triggered his greater role.

Maybe I don't get it... but I still don't understand the entire "loophole" premise whereby the MiB has to turn into Locke.Does MiB die at some point and have to be resurrected as Locke?When Ben and his group and doing everything they can to preserve locke and then put him into the coffin on the Ajira flight do they realize they are reincarnating the MiB?Does Ben even realize what is actually going on?Last night's episode wasn't that bad, but Richard's back story took WAY too long.I guess we'll get a MiB/Jacob type of back story at some point to fill in some story gaps.. but I just really need to know WTF is going on with him having to merge into locke.
I think the loophole is that he can't kill him himself, but he can get someone else to.By taking on the body of lock, he gained the legitimacy he needed to garner trust from Ben to go through with it.

And I don't think it really HAD to be Locke, but rather Locke was the most logical choice, as the flight needed to be as close to the same as it was when the first crashed, and he just so happened to be a vessel MIB could use.

Or, maybe Farraday's mother knew all along that MIB could take over Lockes body, and that was the sole reason for her insistance they all go, they all didn't really need to go, but if she said they did, it explained away why they had to bring a dead body.

And I don't think it really HAD to be Locke, but rather Locke was the most logical choice, as the flight needed to be as close to the same as it was when the first crashed, and he just so happened to be a vessel MIB could use.Or, maybe Farraday's mother knew all along that MIB could take over Lockes body, and that was the sole reason for her insistance they all go, they all didn't really need to go, but if she said they did, it explained away why they had to bring a dead body.
I don't have a problem with MiB morphing into Locke - it's weird, but that's fine.I just want to know how Ben's group and the Others are associated with MiB.Did no one including Eloise have any idea this was going to happen if they did this?I don't see how Ben isn't associated with MiB somehow... i mean, in that one episode when Keamy's group was on the island, he went in and unleashed a switch that let the smoke monster out to wipe those dudes out.So they're like friends and stuff, right?My head hurts. I'm still not sure if this is completely dumb or potentially interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread