What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (1 Viewer)

I usually don't nit pick for plot holes but once Loralei took over Fitz, why didn't she have him destroy the collar device?

I usually don't nit pick for plot holes but once Loralei took over Fitz, why didn't she have him destroy the collar device?
And why did Coulson have to lay a trap for Fitz? He was superior physically and by training in every way. Why not just lay him out right then and there?

I think she was trying to get rid of Sif without anyone knowing she was on the plane yet. If he hands her a broken collar then she knows she is on the plane and with a broken collar, she will have to kill her to stop her. Just one man's opinion.

ETA: It was clear from the fight that Sif is clearly better at fighting so a one on one is not what Lorelei wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she was trying to get rid of Sif without anyone knowing she was on the plane yet. If he hands her a broken collar then she knows she is on the plane and with a broken collar, she will have to kill her to stop her. Just one man's opinion.ETA: It was clear from the fight that Sif is clearly better at fighting so a one on one is not what Lorelei wants.
But that is the key point. Again this is nit picking so no big deal anyway but Lorelei was clear in stating that she would rather have died than had the collar on her. She even asked Sif to kill her.

I think she was trying to get rid of Sif without anyone knowing she was on the plane yet. If he hands her a broken collar then she knows she is on the plane and with a broken collar, she will have to kill her to stop her. Just one man's opinion.ETA: It was clear from the fight that Sif is clearly better at fighting so a one on one is not what Lorelei wants.
But that is the key point. Again this is nit picking so no big deal anyway but Lorelei was clear in stating that she would rather have died than had the collar on her. She even asked Sif to kill her.
Understood, but how about a plan that hopefully gets rid of both? She needed Sif off of the plane and off goes the collar. Sif had to do an amazing grab to keep it on board as well. I mean, at the end of the day, we know the outcome, so we are discussing something that wouldn't happen (collar broken/Sif gone). That said, I think the plan does make sense to get rid of both as Lorelei would have wanted. Without the collar, Sif doesn't go in the room before they find out Lorelei is on board.

The Assembling ad/episode tonight is pretty good, especially for the more casual comic reader or someone who hasn't touched one in a good 20years.

I pretty much watch all marvel stuff movie wise and read a few of their books.... but i've avoided this show until the end of the season and i wanted to see what the consensus was.... do you guys have a consensus on whether this show works yet?

I pretty much watch all marvel stuff movie wise and read a few of their books.... but i've avoided this show until the end of the season and i wanted to see what the consensus was.... do you guys have a consensus on whether this show works yet?
Most of us seem to. It's not perfect, but generally speaking I think the show is much improved over the course of the first season.

Most of us seem to. It's not perfect, but generally speaking I think the show is much improved over the course of the first season.
Started out at a 5ish out of 10. Then maybe down to 4 territory. Then it spiked up to strong 6. And of late, its a solid 7 pushing 8 territory. I actually think last night's episode was a 9.

Given your Marvel habit, jump in IMO

Definitely worth it. It is getting better. Some tie ins to Winter Solider last night and used some characters introduced in the Marvel One Shot shorts.

You just need to set your expectations. This is not Babylon 5, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad quality.

But as long as you are not expecting a top tier show, it is pretty fun to watch if you are a Marvel movie universe fan. They do a decent job.

Some of the actors are still trying to find their voice with in a couple of the characters, but overall it is an entertaining show. Not the best, not the worst.

If I had to rate the show from a 1-10 (where say Cop Rock was a 1, and The Wire was a 10), this would fall at about a 6 to a 6.5. The good news is that it appears to be improving slowly. The Uprising arc has been solid.

I am unsure if this has been approved yet for season 2.

You put B5 in the same category as the others? I can see preferring B5 to Agents but the others listed are in a different class.

You put B5 in the same category as the others? I can see preferring B5 to Agents but the others listed are in a different class.
it is all personal opinion, but yes, B5 is in my top 5 all time (along with The Wire, Sporanos, Breaking Bad and Buffy).

I should also mention that is unfair of me to try and compare series that were complete with one that is just beginning. If one just watched the first 3/4 of season one of B5, it would look like crap with out the rest of the seasons to help it. Similar to Star Trek TNG in that way.

Some shows just take a little longer to get going. Although in these days with cancellations coming much quicker, shows have to find their footings much quicker.

well this is probably going to be unneeded for anyone who actually watches this show but just in case:

Go see Captain America 2 this weekend. The consequences for Marvel Agents of Shield are massive and really bring into focus where the Uprising story line is driving towards.

well this is probably going to be unneeded for anyone who actually watches this show but just in case:

Go see Captain America 2 this weekend. The consequences for Marvel Agents of Shield are massive and really bring into focus where the Uprising story line is driving towards.
I would say this is definitely "Captain's Orders."

:)

I"m no comic nerd but my wife and I have been enjoying the show. Haven't seen the latest Thor yet and probably will wait on Captain America until it comes out on BR.

If we're going to have to go get a babysitter, drop $30 on a movie just to keep up with the show we'll probably tap out.

Is it really necessary?

I"m no comic nerd but my wife and I have been enjoying the show. Haven't seen the latest Thor yet and probably will wait on Captain America until it comes out on BR.If we're going to have to go get a babysitter, drop $30 on a movie just to keep up with the show we'll probably tap out.

Is it really necessary?
Well with out giving away spoilers, yeah, it is integral :)

I am sure they will do some sort of recap though for those that have not seen Captain America though. They pretty much have to since the very core of the show (Shield) underwent some major changes that have to affect the show.

I"m no comic nerd but my wife and I have been enjoying the show. Haven't seen the latest Thor yet and probably will wait on Captain America until it comes out on BR.If we're going to have to go get a babysitter, drop $30 on a movie just to keep up with the show we'll probably tap out.

Is it really necessary?

I am sure they will do some sort of recap though for those that have not seen Captain America though. They pretty much have to since the very core of the show (Shield) underwent some major changes that have to affect the show.
Link

Is it really necessary?

Link
More like brilliant, but what ever floats your boat :)

Imo, this can only mean good things for the show

with Shield done and dusted, Coulsons team might have to take on a rogue feel but with out the Shield backing for finances, I don't know how they will work that out

Did this show ever get better? I stopped watching after the flashback to Colson being resurrected. It was just way too average in every way - the story, the acting (except Colson and May) - it all kinda sucked.

Yet there's still people watching in here....

Is it really necessary?
The new Cap movie was pretty good, for a popcorn comic book movie flick. I took my son yesterday on opening day and enjoyed it. There wasn't enough Johnanson butt closeups, but I was still pleased. It was much better than Cap 1, though it didn't touch Dark Knight levels of awesome. Go see it. The wife will get hot watching Chris Evans and you can reap the rewards in the back seat of your car before going back home.

Did this show ever get better? I stopped watching after the flashback to Colson being resurrected. It was just way too average in every way - the story, the acting (except Colson and May) - it all kinda sucked.

Yet there's still people watching in here....
The general consensus is that the show overall is not great but not terrible and most importantly it is improving. The latest arc, called Uprising, appears to tie directly into the Captain America 2 plot and has been very good.

I don't think you'll have to see the movie to enjoy the show. This is a lot like the comic book crossover stuff when I was a kid. Hard core fans will want to not just see the movie, but see it after last week's episode but before this week's episode. Others may not see the movie at all but should still be able to follow along in the story on the show - just be prepared for major changes that are referenced has happening elsewhere, off screen, but which significantly impact the direction the team takes.

To give you an idea, there are only like 2 facts about the movie that, if shared, I'd have to put in spoiler tags to prevent you from knowing before the show reveal. Maybe 3, if you watch the commercial for the upcoming show.

So...with the plane diverted and that female agent(name?) wanting to kill everyone - is someone on the plane bad? Maybe it's a remote control thing, I'd be disappointed if at least one of the crew isn't working for the dark side though.

I don't think any of the main cast are going to be working for that other group. I'd bet Paxton and his buddy are though, which will be the "betrayal"

I read an article yesterday which answered one of my questions about the financial viability of Coulsons team which obviously had an enormous budget.

Everything will change now, as the money flow is going to stop and they will simply make due with what ever is on the plane.

There are so many directions the show could go in now I am excited to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have seen Captain America 2:

Is Zola the Clairvoyant?

Is Zola the Clairvoyant?
Maybe, but I doubt it.
That hadn't crossed my mind at all. I don't think that will end being the case but...

It certainly would make sense if whoever The Clairvoyant is was using Zola's algorithm in addition to just having access to the classified SHEILD data. Would be a good bridge between the two storylines.

Is Zola the Clairvoyant?
Maybe, but I doubt it.
That hadn't crossed my mind at all. I don't think that will end being the case but...

It certainly would make sense if whoever The Clairvoyant is was using Zola's algorithm in addition to just having access to the classified SHEILD data. Would be a good bridge between the two storylines.
Why not?

Has access to Shield's classified data? Check. Has an algorithm that essentially predicts the future? Check. What argues against Zola being the Clairvoyant?

Is Zola the Clairvoyant?
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Why not?

Has access to Shield's classified data? Check. Has an algorithm that essentially predicts the future? Check. What argues against Zola being the Clairvoyant?
I don't think there is really a logical argument against it from a full MCU perspective. I just don't think it will be the case because the show runners will likely want to resolve that story arc from within the series, rather than from outside.

Haven't seen winter soldier yet. Is watching agents going to spoil it for me going forward?
Now that's an interesting question.

Guess we'll see...I'd assume they'd want to keep spoilers to a minimum.

Arsenal of Doom said:
Psychopav said:
Arsenal of Doom said:
(HULK) said:
Psychopav said:

Is Zola the Clairvoyant?
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Why not?
I don't think there is really a logical argument against it from a full MCU perspective. I just don't think it will be the case because the show runners will likely want to resolve that story arc from within the series, rather than from outside.

They could still resolve it within the series. Would be easy to have what we saw in the film be nothing more than the reveal...

Yeah....I have no idea what the #### is going on.
They made a passing reference to the events of the Winter Solider at the end when Coulson and Hand were talking.

I thought it was a great episode as they had multiple swerves. I knew the very end had one more coming, but I was wrong on who it was.

When it became clear that May wasn't in on it I was disappointed, because I think the concept of a series long bad guy who was a main good guy for the whole first season is pretty cool. Glad to see they didn't abandon that, though I hope (although I'm guessing they will) they don't wimp out and redeem Ward at the end of all this.

Definitely seemed pretty spoilery for the Winter Soldier (haven't see it yet), but cool that they're weaving them together like that. If I ever went to the theater for movies anymore I'm sure it would be a cool experience.

Just when you think Marvel can't possibly keep firing on all cylinders. Great episode, the best yet, and a great week for Marvel. Just like when we were kids and they were crossing over all the time. Marvel needs to get Spider Man and X-men in the mix at some point.

They made a passing reference to the events of the Winter Solider at the end when Coulson and Hand were talking.

I thought it was a great episode as they had multiple swerves. I knew the very end had one more coming, but I was wrong on who it was.
Yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna have to bit the bullet and go see it. I HATE going to the movies.

What I really love is that Marvel has been here, done this. This is just like the crossovers in the comics. Are there spoilers? Sure - not everyone follows every story. And so what? You asked your buddy what Spider Man was talking about in this issue and he explains that Spidey popped up in the Avengers comic to help them out. Both stories moved forward and you don't really feel like you missed anything, because you don't read the Avengers. No big deal, but maybe you go out of your way to check out an issue of the Avengers or two because you're a Spider Man fan.

They aren't afraid to try it like almost any other TV/movie franchise would be, because with Marvel it's a proven formula.

They made a passing reference to the events of the Winter Solider at the end when Coulson and Hand were talking.I thought it was a great episode as they had multiple swerves. I knew the very end had one more coming, but I was wrong on who it was.
Yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna have to bit the bullet and go see it. I HATE going to the movies.
It was a great movie though. Not just a great movie for a comic book, it was just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread