What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (3 Viewers)

I liked it. Held my interest.

And agreed on Sky. Her and Colbie Smulders are both smoking hot
:goodposting:

Have to agree with the car ending, a little too cheesy even for a Marvel show.. but we were entertained throughout the hour so will be tuning in weekly. :popcorn:

Decent for a pilot. Did a good job of introducing the universe to those who saw the movies and those that didn't. Wish they had used something besides Ironman3's Extremis for the plot. And agreed on the car at the end.

Any theories on Coulson? I'm guessing brain downloaded into some sort of artificial body.

Wasn't blown away. I have a feeling a lot of viewers are going to get tired of not seeing the characters they really want to see. That's probably not fair, but I think that's what happens. It's just gonna be known as the super hero show without super heroes.

Hacker chick and the British girl are both very hot. Colby smolders looked rough

Wasn't blown away. I have a feeling a lot of viewers are going to get tired of not seeing the characters they really want to see. That's probably not fair, but I think that's what happens. It's just gonna be known as the super hero show without super heroes.

Hacker chick and the British girl are both very hot. Colby smolders looked rough
It doesn't necessarily have to be that way. Granted, we won't be seeing the Avengers in anything more than a cameo and no Spiderman or Xmen because of rights issues, but there is still plenty of heros and villains they can bring in (i.e. Black Panther, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Mockingbird, Constrictor who they seriously need to use, Wrecking Crew, Fixer and so on.)

It doesn't necessarily have to be that way. Granted, we won't be seeing the Avengers in anything more than a cameo and no Spiderman or Xmen because of rights issues, but there is still plenty of heros and villains they can bring in (i.e. Black Panther, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Mockingbird, Constrictor who they seriously need to use, Wrecking Crew, Fixer and so on.)
Yeah this seems like the perfect way to introduce, and really audience test, the second tier heroes.

I'll wait and see if you guys think it's awesome. So at the end of season 1 you think it's great i'll power watch it on DVR or the torrents or something.

I've never been terribly impressed with the shield angle... and certainly significantly less impressed if it's without Nick Fury.. NIck Fury IS S.H.I.E.L.D. no Sam jackson, no thanks
Except Nick Fury is white in the comics.
not in the Ulimate Marvel line which has been the basis for a decent amount of the marvel cinema universe.

Ill watch for a few more weeks because of Joss, it was OK, I guess. Sky is way hot.

Here is her attempt at a pop career with her debut single. Watch with care, maybe one of the worst songs in history

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was pretty unremarkable. And it felt like a Jed Whedon/Maurissa Tanchoeren script more than a Joss Whedon script to me. If Joss isn't going to write the pilot himself, he's probably not going to take a final pass at every script the way he would have before The Avengers.

Pilots are often rough, but they have some work to do to make Grant and Skye seem like actually characters instead of hunky/hot caucasian cutouts out of central casting. J. August Richards showed more charisma than the guy playing Grant in a throwaway role.

I'll keep watching, but I hope they make the show just generally weirder.

I'll wait and see if you guys think it's awesome. So at the end of season 1 you think it's great i'll power watch it on DVR or the torrents or something.

I've never been terribly impressed with the shield angle... and certainly significantly less impressed if it's without Nick Fury.. NIck Fury IS S.H.I.E.L.D. no Sam jackson, no thanks
He not white in the comics that Avengers took their look from. Ultimate Avengers

Ill watch for a few more weeks because of Joss, it was OK, I guess. Sky is way hot.

Here is her attempt at a pop career with her debut single. Watch with care, maybe one of the worst songs in history
No worse than anything Miley has done recently.
Miley Cyrus killing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw
A long time ago and too bad she decided that wasn't good enough. Please note I said recently.

In. Looks like something decent I can watch with my boys. I never got into the comics, so I'm going in with a blank slate and low expectations (other than it will be more interesting to watch than the dreck on the Disney channel/Nick).
are you bad mouthing Dog with a Blog?
Dog with a blog is not a strong show, but Good Luck Charlie and Shake it Up on the other hand
Good Luck Charlie and Gravity Falls are shows I can sit through, and each have their moments.

Shake it Up is one of the worst shows ever conceived. Not only is it really annoying when they have a dance show and the "stars" aren't as good as the back up dancers, but the plots are horrible and there is not one single likeable character on the show.
Good Luck Charlie is :moneybag: Austin and Ally, Jessie and Shake It Up all blow.
The mom on Good Luck Charlie is SMOKIN. Then again, most moms on these Disney shows are.

Decent for a pilot. Did a good job of introducing the universe to those who saw the movies and those that didn't. Wish they had used something besides Ironman3's Extremis for the plot. And agreed on the car at the end.

Any theories on Coulson? I'm guessing brain downloaded into some sort of artificial body.
Life Model Decoy or clone

Yeah this seems like the perfect way to introduce, and really audience test, the second tier heroes.
The Corporation storyline is probably the best vehicle to do that. Which might be where their going with the doctor/lab.

LMD. I'm still hoping that he eventually becomes The Vision.

Liked it, liked the car too!

yeah it is a bit cheesy over the top, but it is a TV series rooted in comic books, they need a bit of over the top comic fun

that's why the recent round of marvel movies have done so well, imo, they have some fun and don;t take themselves TOO seriously

I think if it is getting even a mixed reception it is good, because i think the expectations for this show have been unreasonably high. People are expecting it to be firefly meets the avengers with a dash of buffy for good measure. Hard for any show to hit that level, particularly in one episode

I thought it was pretty unremarkable. And it felt like a Jed Whedon/Maurissa Tanchoeren script more than a Joss Whedon script to me. If Joss isn't going to write the pilot himself, he's probably not going to take a final pass at every script the way he would have before The Avengers.

Pilots are often rough, but they have some work to do to make Grant and Skye seem like actually characters instead of hunky/hot caucasian cutouts out of central casting. J. August Richards showed more charisma than the guy playing Grant in a throwaway role.

They do the weird stuff

FWIW, the showrunners are Jed and Mo.

That would be an interesting way to go.

Liked it, liked the car too!

yeah it is a bit cheesy over the top, but it is a TV series rooted in comic books, they need a bit of over the top comic fun

that's why the recent round of marvel movies have done so well, imo, they have some fun and don;t take themselves TOO seriously

I think if it is getting even a mixed reception it is good, because i think the expectations for this show have been unreasonably high. People are expecting it to be firefly meets the avengers with a dash of buffy for good measure. Hard for any show to hit that level, particularly in one episode
I loved Buffy but it took a couple of seasons to really hit it's stride. All shows need time to find their legs and what really works for them.

They do the weird stuff

FWIW, the showrunners are Jed and Mo.
I know that. Although I thought that originally the showrunner was supposed to be Jeffrey Bell (who ran the last season of Angel and who has much more experience considering he was on the X-Files team). My impression of Jed and Mo's Dollhouse scripts leave me a little leery of their ability to run the show.

Not quite sure how they would pull that one off since Vision was created by Ultron who is the villain in the next Avengers movie. But they're using Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver to introduce him, so who the #### knows what they are doing. I suppose they could make Ultron an older version of the LMD that Coulson is using, and hence Ultron went mad.

Not quite sure how they would pull that one off since Vision was created by Ultron who is the villain in the next Avengers movie. But they're using Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver to introduce him, so who the #### knows what they are doing. I suppose they could make Ultron an older version of the LMD that Coulson is using, and hence Ultron went mad.
I think what they are trying to do is compress literally decades of story telling into several 2 hour movies mostly. They make small changes and play with canon where necessary but in general try to stay true to the overall story arc.

I think what they are trying to do is compress literally decades of story telling into several 2 hour movies mostly. They make small changes and play with canon where necessary but in general try to stay true to the overall story arc.
Right. And if you're going to introduce Scarlet Witch (which I'm thrilled about - - I want some scorching babe to play her), then The Vision shouldn't be far behind. They really should not make three Avengers movies and not use him as a character.

Right. And if you're going to introduce Scarlet Witch (which I'm thrilled about - - I want some scorching babe to play her), then The Vision shouldn't be far behind. They really should not make three Avengers movies and not use him as a character.
If they are putting on the Witches costume they better be.

not in the Ulimate Marvel line which has been the basis for a decent amount of the marvel cinema universe.
He's been replaced by Nick fury Jr., who somehow is black, in the normal line.

I think it is a clone.

Decent start, and my sons loved it so we will be locked in. Good to have shows that the kids want to watch with you.

He not white in the comics that Avengers took their look from. Ultimate Avengers
from your link - this was the films influence on the comics, not the other way around.

Originally an Italian American colonel with graying brown hair, Nick Fury was redesigned to look like actor Samuel L. Jackson with his permission, who went on to portray Fury in several Marvel movies

I think it is a clone.
Would a clone care that he was a clone? Or is it that the clone doesn't know he's a clone?

That hacker chick was smokin. I enjoyed how she was teasing with her bewbs when the hero was under the truth serum. I also lol'd a couple of times like when the agent was describing the doctors write-up of our hero and said she made a picture that "looks like poop."

Good Whedon dialogue.

That hacker chick was smokin. I enjoyed how she was teasing with her bewbs when the hero was under the truth serum. I also lol'd a couple of times like when the agent was describing the doctors write-up of our hero and said she made a picture that "looks like poop."

Good Whedon dialogue.
:confused: It's a porcupine..

:shrug: looks like poop to me

:lol:

It was a little weird for me making the transition from seeing Coulson/Hill/SHIELD on the big screen to this episodic format with limited effects. None of the new characters really jumped out to me, aside from Skye being easy to look at. I'll definitely give the show and characters a chance to grow on me.

I'm curious to see where they go with the Coulson storyline. There would only seem to be a couple of viable options:

1. Coulson is really dead and this is either an android (Vision) or clone replacement with his memories

2. He died and was brought back through some sort magical means - like Thor going to the underworld and retrieving his spirit from Death

3. He was revived through some means, either technological or magical but after a much longer timeframe than he knows about. Perhaps frozen and brought back with some version of the Super Soldier serum. But then why could he never know about that?

What else?

I thought that was Phil Ken Sebben.

It was a little weird for me making the transition from seeing Coulson/Hill/SHIELD on the big screen to this episodic format with limited effects. None of the new characters really jumped out to me, aside from Skye being easy to look at. I'll definitely give the show and characters a chance to grow on me.

I'm curious to see where they go with the Coulson storyline. There would only seem to be a couple of viable options:

1. Coulson is really dead and this is either an android (Vision) or clone replacement with his memories

2. He died and was brought back through some sort magical means - like Thor going to the underworld and retrieving his spirit from Death

3. He was revived through some means, either technological or magical but after a much longer timeframe than he knows about. Perhaps frozen and brought back with some version of the Super Soldier serum. But then why could he never know about that?

What else?
That he never died and Fury lied?

What else?
he was never alive and has always been an android!

What else?
he was never alive and has always been an android!
It is a comic book story after all.

What else?
That was what they basically gave as the cover story but later implied that something else is going on, which Coulson himself doesn't know about and can't know the truth for some reason.

Billy Bats said:
Hawks64 said:
NCCommish said:
Aerial Assault said:
Rayderr said:

I think it is a clone.
Would a clone care that he was a clone? Or is it that the clone doesn't know he's a clone?
Not sure, but that's where I think that storyline might be going.

Users who are viewing this thread