What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

Biden trying to thread the needle with his corporate tax hike at 28%.  Doing something to appease the radical left while not going back to 35% to try and keep the corporations happy that grease his palms.  So, essentially pissing everyone off.   :lol:

Ahh...fear tactics and speculation.

Not sure how any new jobs are coming...guy has been in office all of 2 months.  And we probably will see higher taxes in this country (and probably needed given the mound of debt that has built up and to make up for the irresponsible decreases made previously.
What a coincidence!

Biden's in his new job for 2 months and thousands of Americans lost their jobs at just about the same time!

And he's doing an incredible job on getting rid of that debt!

Tell me...if you were sitting in your den and someone told you that your house was on fire....exactly WHEN would you get concerned?

When you smelled smoke?
When you saw flames?
When the house fell down around you?

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:  Did the EO actually do anything? Seems odd to "rejoin" something we never left.
It negated the one Trump put out there (I think)??  So if left unaddressed, we WOULD be out of the agreement as of June this year.  I think that probably the most "newsworthy" part to a good many is the realization that we continued to keep our commitments.  That surprised me honestly.

What a coincidence!

Biden's in his new job for 2 months and thousands of Americans lost their jobs at just about the same time!

Tell me...if you were sitting in your den and someone told you that your house was on fire....exactly WHEN would you get concerned?

When you smelled smoke?
When you saw flames?
Hyperbole much?

Biden is failing to protect the USA right now..  Biden is learning the difference between campaigning and governing the hard way.  This is a disaster created by Biden and now with no plan or foresight he has no idea how to get out of it.    We are only 2 months into office folks.
With all seriousness  - do you mind adding some content cause there’s no way of anyone knowing what you are concerned about

Someone else can link the video.

"Say it with me: Si se pwadwe! The future is ours..."  :lmao:

- Doctor Jill Biden.

You can't make this stuff up...

What a coincidence!

When you smelled smoke?
When you saw flames?
The important  thing is that Biden is a good person.   And he feels properly good or bad depending on the situation. 

What a coincidence!

When you smelled smoke?
When you saw flames?
Unemployment is at the lowest it has been since Covid started.

It’s improving and the lowest it’s been since this started. That seems good. What do you want? 
Understand, that when "this started"....we went "Zero".

Since we went to "Zero"....and stayed there for a year, they "allowed" the country, gradually to open.
Since THAT time, the number has risen from "Zero".

Quite the accomplishment....Allow people to return to the jobs they had before "this started" and unemployment goes down.
.....Blemished only by the thousands who lost their jobs at the stroke of pen and are waiting on unemployment, for those "green" jobs that were promised..

Since we went to "Zero"....and stayed there for a year, they "allowed" the country, gradually to open.

Quite the accomplishment....Allow people to return to the jobs they had before "this started" and unemployment goes down.
.....Blemished only by the thousands who lost their jobs at the stroke of pen and are waiting on unemployment, for those "green" jobs that were promised..
While I understand what you wrote, I don’t get your point.  Logically you have to start with returning to work.

This makes “zero” sense.

That link does work. It is newsworthy that she fumbled over the pronunciation of a word in a language she doesn't speak though?
Why talk about actual policy when you can talk about more important topics like mispronouncing words and dog bites.  :lol:

That link does work. It is newsworthy that she fumbled over the pronunciation of a word in a language she doesn't speak though?
Of course it's not newsworthy but it's all they have. She is the first first lady that will actually work a real job and she's the first first lady to hold a doctorate.

Kinda dwarfs, "Donel, do I still have to work in the rose garden?"

Just came from a meeting that had top execs from The Big 3 pretty happy about the infrastructure bill.   More money will be going to the auto companies and local supply chains than they first thought.   180 billion up to close to 300 billion with incentives.    Biden said he wants union jobs so the UAW is also happy as they will glady take the new employees and supply companies under the UAW Union umbrella. Only about 5% of the bill is for actual roads and bridge improvements.

Bottom line is that tons of $$$$$ will be flowing into Metro-Detroit and The Big 3. Talk is about taking over 100% of battery development and manufacturing and also computer chip development and manufacturing. Plants are idled right now to to shortage. This could be a gold rush for suppliers and new companies.

Also will help other areas of the country to change over plants.

Ont thing that is troubling right now they are finishing developing an IC engine that could push between 70-90 MPG in a SUV..but that there is no support from the govenment for the future of it.   If we could get an IC engine that get that kind of mileage in the futre the carbon footprint between building and disposing those huge batteries and the iC engine are about the same.    Also people need to realize those batteries will need to be replaced at some point and the cost is around 12 grand for that.  So it should be interesting.

This is my shocked face.
It's not called the roads and bridges bill, FYI. And this seems to be eerily similar to the talking points about the coronavirus bill. Some take a very small view on what they think it should be and shout that as loud as they can. 

This bill has has $621 billion in infrastructure spending dedicated to rebuilding the nation’s roads, bridges, ports, and rail systems.

That is far more than 5% of the bill

Rubiobot said:
Why talk about actual policy when you can talk about more important topics like mispronouncing words and dog bites.  :lol:
Welcome to the last 4 years.  Orange skin, bad hair, and numerous other non-policy things with Trump.  It's amazing some of you are going down this route so quickly

Where does this 5% number come from?
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/politics/2021/04/01/2-trillion-infrastructure-bill-charts-detail-bidens-plan/4820227001/

About $115 billion would pay for fixing roads and bridges, chosen by those in most need of repair. That includes 20,000 miles of highways and roads, the 10 most "economically significant" bridges in the U.S. as well as 10,000 smaller bridges. 
The 5% number is accurate ($115B/$2T = 0.0575). 

My question is why are people only focusing on roads and bridges? Are those the only two things that they believe fall under infrastructure?

Things cruising along under Ol Joe

Manufacturing booming with the Institute for Supply Management gauge of activity in the sector hitting its highest level since late 1983 in March.

Nonfarm payrolls rose by 916,000 in March, while the unemployment rate declined to 6%.

The job growth was well ahead of Dow Jones estimates for 675,000 and the fastest since August 2020.

Gains were strongest in leisure and hospitality, while construction soared by 110,000.

Revisions also added 156,000 jobs to the totals for January and February.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/politics/2021/04/01/2-trillion-infrastructure-bill-charts-detail-bidens-plan/4820227001/

The 5% number is accurate ($115B/$2T = 0.0575). 

My question is why are people only focusing on roads and bridges? Are those the only two things that they believe fall under infrastructure?
This article was covered on an interview I listened to.

Infrastructure plan numbers

If I work in construction or in one of these fields I'm liking this. Transportation, Schools, Broadband, Water/Electric. 

This article was covered on an interview I listened to.

Infrastructure plan numbers

If I work in construction or in one of these fields I'm liking this. Transportation, Schools, Broadband, Water/Electric. 
Yep, plenty of other things in there that I would consider infrastructure which again raises the question: Why even bring up that 5% unless you consider infrastructure to only be roads and bridges?

yeah...infrastructure is not just roads and bridges.  That is pretty disingenuous talking point.  And its been gone over a few times in the other thread.
Which thread is discussing this bill? I'd like to get more info on what's in it.

Welcome to the last 4 years.  Orange skin, bad hair, and numerous other non-policy things with Trump.  It's amazing some of you are going down this route so quickly
I am not one of them. I don't care about orange hair any more or less than mispronouncing words. 

I am not one of them. I don't care about orange hair any more or less than mispronouncing words. 
The orange paint, hair and lifts in his shoes was just funny coming from the whole alpha male schtick. Was odd someone willingly chose to go with that look. But yes it was juvenile and insignificant.

Him making odd mistakes then feeling compelled to spend two weeks obsessing about how he was correct (think Alabama hurricane map drawing) were also funny but more just more bizarre.

Thanks but he said "And its been gone over a few times in the other thread." but I couldn't find which thread. Looking for some discussion on it.
Oh gotcha. I am not sure if there is another thread. Agreed it is a huge spending bill that should have its own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread