What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Prison Break thread (1 Viewer)

Wow didn't expect that tonight. I won't say anything for those who haven't watched it yet but that kind of throws a wrench into the plans.  :eek:
I saw it coming about halfway throught the episode..It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now. I like his charachter. If he dies the show could suffer.
I knew he was going to save T-Bag, but the whole razor blade thing was a surprise. I personally also don't like how that character went through that "life change" in a span of a day. Just because some dirtbag and his kid died (which was too bad), I don't know why he went crazy enough to see Jesus in a rust stain. I don't think the airplane thing throws a wrench in the plan, unless the date/time was not set, but Lincoln sure does.

Wow didn't expect that tonight. I won't say anything for those who haven't watched it yet but that kind of throws a wrench into the plans.  :eek:
I saw it coming about halfway throught the episode..It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now. I like his charachter. If he dies the show could suffer.
I knew he was going to save T-Bag, but the whole razor blade thing was a surprise. I personally also don't like how that character went through that "life change" in a span of a day. Just because some dirtbag and his kid died (which was too bad), I don't know why he went crazy enough to see Jesus in a rust stain. I don't think the airplane thing throws a wrench in the plan, unless the date/time was not set, but Lincoln sure does.
:goodposting:

With Lincoln in the SHU, how is Michael going to get him out so they can escape?? :o That water in the sewer Michael swam in looked awfully clear didn't it? :rolleyes: Where did T-Bag hide the razor blade? In his mouth? He was being pummeled by John's posse before John came in. I'm calling :penalty: that he didn't severely cut his mouth, lip, etc. if the razor was in his mouth from the beginning of that scene.

With Lincoln in the SHU, how is Michael going to get him out so they can escape?? :o

That water in the sewer Michael swam in looked awfully clear didn't it? :rolleyes:

Where did T-Bag hide the razor blade? In his mouth? He was being pummeled by John's posse before John came in. I'm calling :penalty: that he didn't severely cut his mouth, lip, etc. if the razor was in his mouth from the beginning of that scene.
And how stupid were they to let in the "accident victim"? :no:

With Lincoln in the SHU, how is Michael going to get him out so they can escape?? :o

That water in the sewer Michael swam in looked awfully clear didn't it? :rolleyes:

Where did T-Bag hide the razor blade? In his mouth? He was being pummeled by John's posse before John came in. I'm calling :penalty: that he didn't severely cut his mouth, lip, etc. if the razor was in his mouth from the beginning of that scene.
Never thought about the razor in his mouth, but even so, if it isn't in his mouth he has got to know they are going to try and kill him so why not pull it out then.Kind of like deciding not to pull out the rifle on a lion hunt until the lion is starting to eat you because you didn't want the lion to know you had it too soon.

Also, the water wasn't sewer water. I have no idea what those pipes were for, but I thought it was just like a normal faucet on the outside of your house, just slightly bigger. Remember how clean the pipes where? They looked more like storm drains, not poop chutes.

Why did Lincoln hit the guard anyway? Seems like there are better stall tactics like asking the guy a quick question or something like that. Oh well, it is a TV show, so it makes for better entertainment.

That water in the sewer Michael swam in looked awfully clear didn't it?  :rolleyes:

Where did T-Bag hide the razor blade? In his mouth?  He was being pummeled by John's posse before John came in.  I'm calling :penalty: that he didn't severely cut his mouth, lip, etc. if the razor was in his mouth from the beginning of that scene.
And how stupid were they to let in the "accident victim"? :no:
Accident victim? Are you talking about the lawyer that got shot? I am really confused by your comment.Edit to Add: Ah, you are talking about last week! I got it now. I agree, but personally that guy was such a super agent, why even use the accident victim routine? The worst case is that they figure out no one would be out at that cabin even for a car accident and they shoot him before he comes into the cabin. It isn't like someone was chasing them or trying to blow them up, they shouldn't be suspicious at all. ;)

He could have just done a quick covert routine and rounded them all up while they were sleeping or walking outside, etc. I don't know why, except for TV, that guy would have ever wanted to alert him in any way, even with misdirection, to him being there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a little disappointed with Lincoln. All he had to do was delay the guard for a few seconds. How hard is it to make small talk with the guy? How about them Bears? Go White Sox.Instead he has got to punch the guy out. WTF?Anything to make it harder on Scofield

What are we to make of the FBI agent guy turned "good" all the sudden? Is he going to be a player in Lincoln's innocence or is he baiting out LJ and Veronica? :popcorn: *hi-jack alert* Does anyone if 24 "new season" trailers have come out yet? If so, where can they be viewed?

What are we to make of the FBI agent guy turned "good" all the sudden? Is he going to be a player in Lincoln's innocence or is he baiting out LJ and Veronica? :popcorn:
He followed LJ back to the hospital, so there's no need to bait them out. Plus he told his wife that he was in trouble and they needed to move. He's always had misgivings, so this turn doesn't come as a surprise.

What are we to make of the FBI agent guy turned "good" all the sudden?  Is he going to be a player in Lincoln's innocence or is he baiting out LJ and Veronica?  :popcorn:
He followed LJ back to the hospital, so there's no need to bait them out. Plus he told his wife that he was in trouble and they needed to move. He's always had misgivings, so this turn doesn't come as a surprise.
He's deadmeat...there's no way his partner doesn't sniff this out. Probably already has the phone tapped and is going to wait for his partner to meet with them in order to catch them.This thing is starting to become too convenient and too difficult all at the same time...the necessary plot devices are starting to bother me. I love the show but it's starting to wear me down with all the 24-like twists.

As for Lincoln...I see the Warden saying something like, "This man is set to die in a week...let him out of solitary" after a night or two...

Accident victim? Are you talking about the lawyer that got shot? I am really confused by your comment.

Edit to Add: Ah, you are talking about last week! I got it now.
Sorry about that. I hadn't watched the encore showing the week before and was busy during the show, so both episodes melted together to me. :)

Accident victim? Are you talking about the lawyer that got shot? I am really confused by your comment.

Edit to Add: Ah, you are talking about last week! I got it now.
Sorry about that. I hadn't watched the encore showing the week before and was busy during the show, so both episodes melted together to me. :)
No problem at all. Just took me a while and made me think that I wasn't paying attention. Prison Break and Lost are the two shows that I make sure I watch live and in HDTV, so I pretty much glue myself to the recliner in the basement. Thank goodness my 1 year old goes to sleep at 8pm.

Should be fun tonight.Are we 100% sold that Abbruzzi is dead? I hope not, but then that would be pretty lame if he somehow survived.

WTF is up with tonight's "Fall Finale" how long is it going on hiatus for?Is Fox going to bring Prison Break back at the same time as 24 starts airing and have back to back drama one night a week?

WTF is up with tonight's "Fall Finale" how long is it going on hiatus for?

Is Fox going to bring Prison Break back at the same time as 24 starts airing and have back to back drama one night a week?
They show a new 24 every week from January till June, so it won't be in the 9pm slot. I would be surprised if they showed it at 8pm just due to the content. Maybe they will air it at 10pm. They could probably get a good lead in and hold the viewers, especially since their audiences probably have a lot of overlap.I did a quick search and found these tidbits on an E! site in a week-old article, so pretty up to date:

As you've probably heard, Prison Break's 13th episode airs next Monday, and after it, the show goes off the air until...Hold on, let me check my calendar. Oh yeah, when the F ever.

"We weren't supposed to come back until May, after 24," Marshall Allman (who plays Lincoln Burrows' son, LJ) explains. "But the response was so crazy from the fans, I guess Fox is reconsidering."

And since producers don't know when the show is going to return, they're pulling out all the stops (walls, gates, fences) to make sure the show isn't forgotten. "The 13th episode is going to be so big and so powerful," Allman says. "People will have to watch when it comes back. This is the type of show where the premise is so clear-cut, breaking out of prison, that when they see it go down--or, um, you know, if it goes down, or even if it doesn't--they will watch."

Too bad I hear the producers are contemplating this crazy twist: The boys might land themselves back in prison in season three. :eek:

Too bad I hear the producers are contemplating this crazy twist: The boys might land themselves back in prison in season three. :eek:
Oh that's just rediculous. This show needs to be 2 seasons max otherwise it's gonna get old fast.LOST too. 3 seasons max. As much as I love that show, there's no way 50+ people can live on that island for years and years.

At first, when I saw "24" is going to be on Monday nights at 9PM again, I thought all of these two hour events of Prison Break where they re-air the past weeks show were prepping us for and 8pm-10pm block of Prison Break and "24". Like they were getting the viewers used to hearing that PB starts at 8pm.Now it sounds like they don't have the episodes ready since they were not due back until May. Maybe they'll get a move on and start these up again once "24" gets settled in.I agree that Prison Break can't span out too many years. At first I heard that season 2 would focus on proving Lincoln's innocense after they busted out of jail. But now I'm not too sure they are getting out tonight. Seems like there is way too much to pack in AND have an escape. Haven't we been seeing Lincoln in the chair in previews with his son by him? I didn't think that had to do with the dream he had. I say he gets to the chair tonight but gets extended at the last second, therefore no escape tonight.I disagree about LOST though. Its money and could last a long time.

Thanks Stbugs. :thumbup:

Now, about those clones :P
You watched Attack of the Clones this weekend too? It wasn't bad in HD, but Padme is no Kate, though she is sexy when she was shooting up the robots.

Oh that's just rediculous. This show needs to be 2 seasons max otherwise it's gonna get old fast.LOST too. 3 seasons max. As much as I love that show, there's no way 50+ people can live on that island for years and years.
I could see Prison Break going 3 seasons. I think the rest of Season 1 will be the escape attempt after something goes wrong tonight and that Season 2 will be the solving the conspiracy thing. I think Season 1 and 2 will be so different that it wouldn't get old too quickly. Kind of like 24 where it is pretty much the same folks, but such a different story that you can make the show last. I do think that Season 3 would be it though.On Lost, I agree with Bobcat, I have no problem with Lost going longer. It just seems like there are too many loose ends to wrap it up in season 3. I think 4 or 5 would probably be ideal, 3 might be more satisfying, but it will suck when it ends. They can drag me along for another couple seasons as long as they don't pull a Matrix 3, we have no idea how to end this but it still makes money so here ya go, ending.

Worst. Cliffhanger. Ever.I knew the writing on this show was suspect, but are you kidding me? The ending was like the ending of a regular episode, not a season finale.They are going to lose soooo many viewers by the time March rolls around.

Worst. Cliffhanger. Ever.

I knew the writing on this show was suspect, but are you kidding me? The ending was like the ending of a regular episode, not a season finale.

They are going to lose soooo many viewers by the time March rolls around.
It has been really bad the last few weeks and tonight just seals the deal. If I want to watch a show with ####ty dialogue and absolutely unbelievable storylines I'll watch 24. Lost continues to be the only network drama that is even remotely watchable for me.

I knew the writing on this show was suspect, but are you kidding me?  The ending was like the ending of a regular episode, not a season finale.

It has been really bad the last few weeks and tonight just seals the deal. If I want to watch a show with ####ty dialogue and absolutely unbelievable storylines I'll watch 24. Lost continues to be the only network drama that is even remotely watchable for me.
well it is a serial, kinda have to expect that kind of stuff.But I have no faith that the boneheads at Fox will bring it back before may. There are rumors to that effect, but if they leave it till may it will lose any punch and draw it built up. GDB the previews either.

A good suspense drama (even with credibility streching moments) needs to have little disruption in flow or lose the audienec. GDB Fox execs if they do that-

I knew the writing on this show was suspect, but are you kidding me?  The ending was like the ending of a regular episode, not a season finale.

But I have no faith that the boneheads at Fox will bring it back before may.
Even though they announced after the show it would resume in March?

well it is a serial, kinda have to expect that kind of stuff.But I have no faith that the boneheads at Fox will bring it back before may. There are rumors to that effect, but if they leave it till may it will lose any punch and draw it built up. GDB the previews either.

A good suspense drama (even with credibility streching moments) needs to have little disruption in flow or lose the audienec. GDB Fox execs if they do that-
It is coming back in March, per the previews after the show last night. I was a little disappointed by the ending too, but I think it will pick up pretty quickly when it starts again and go from there...at least it better.

That episode sucked, but I already knew that they weren't going to escape. What I didn't like was the stupid stuff they did such as:1. Good agent leaves his wife home alone when he knows that bad agent will be looking for him. That was so dumb, I actually got mad. Hmmm, I am going to narc on the VP who is running for president and has already had a few people killed, but I will first have my wife pack everything in the house, then I will stop by the post office and do my change of address forms, run to Kroger to get some cheese and crackers for the road trip, run to Kinkos to copy my narc list and then I will meet the lawyer and give her my detailed list of who did what.2. On to the good agent again, why not just hand the lawyer the letter immediately, that way if you get shot at least you didn't die in vain and your wife would no longer be in jeopardy. Nah, let me leave it in my jacket and make sure that it falls out when I get my gun to make sure that my buddy realizes that I narced on him as well. Oh and damn, I didn't make it to Kinkos and make that copy of my list of bad guys.3. No janitor working at a prison would even care about a dirty grate, let alone have a huge pipe fixed in a matter of a few hours. First of all, he looked at the grate, they didn't even show him looking down into the pipe below. Second, do you think large pipe fittings are just sitting around in the storeroom? It wasn't like that was a toilet drain that needed to be fixed immediately or it would flood, I think it was a steam pipe providing heat to the doctor's office.That said, I will still watch it when it comes back in March and hopefully it will be better. The Fall Finale was just not that good and was definitely not a cliff hanger.

That episode sucked, but I already knew that they weren't going to escape. What I didn't like was the stupid stuff they did such as:

1. Good agent leaves his wife home alone when he knows that bad agent will be looking for him. That was so dumb, I actually got mad. Hmmm, I am going to narc on the VP who is running for president and has already had a few people killed, but I will first have my wife pack everything in the house, then I will stop by the post office and do my change of address forms, run to Kroger to get some cheese and crackers for the road trip, run to Kinkos to copy my narc list and then I will meet the lawyer and give her my detailed list of who did what.

2. On to the good agent again, why not just hand the lawyer the letter immediately, that way if you get shot at least you didn't die in vain and your wife would no longer be in jeopardy. Nah, let me leave it in my jacket and make sure that it falls out when I get my gun to make sure that my buddy realizes that I narced on him as well. Oh and damn, I didn't make it to Kinkos and make that copy of my list of bad guys.

3. No janitor working at a prison would even care about a dirty grate, let alone have a huge pipe fixed in a matter of a few hours. First of all, he looked at the grate, they didn't even show him looking down into the pipe below. Second, do you think large pipe fittings are just sitting around in the storeroom? It wasn't like that was a toilet drain that needed to be fixed immediately or it would flood, I think it was a steam pipe providing heat to the doctor's office.

That said, I will still watch it when it comes back in March and hopefully it will be better. The Fall Finale was just not that good and was definitely not a cliff hanger.
For # 2, how do you know he didn't make a copy of it? Could be something that comes up later...

2. On to the good agent again, why not just hand the lawyer the letter immediately, that way if you get shot at least you didn't die in vain and your wife would no longer be in jeopardy. Nah, let me leave it in my jacket and make sure that it falls out when I get my gun to make sure that my buddy realizes that I narced on him as well. Oh and damn, I didn't make it to Kinkos and make that copy of my list of bad guys.
For # 2, how do you know he didn't make a copy of it? Could be something that comes up later...
If he did, that might be even worse considering all of the dumb stuff he did. Wouldn't he have used that as his get out of jail card instead of taking a bullet and just saying "We've known each other since the academy"? If you make a copy then that means you think there is a good chance of death and you get your wife out of town immediately.

I just thought the good agent's actions were silly. He knows his partner will kill people to keep the secret and his partner even joked that he might have to kill him. The way they wrote last night's episode, he had no sense of danger even though multiple people have already been killed and his partner already left another co-worker down a well to die.

This show is coming back soon, and although I've lost some interest, I really dig the song in the commercial promos. Does anyone know what it is?

I don't watch the show, but I read this in today's Tribune and thought it might be of interest to you fans of watching pillow biters:

THE BEAT: CHICAGOLAND

FROM DOWNTOWN AND THE SUBURBS

Filming hints of `Prison Break' plot twist

Barb Szul

Published March 19, 2006

GREENWOOD -- Bright lights may be common in Hollywood or on the streets of Chicago, but not in the cornfields around tiny Greenwood in rural McHenry County.

So it's no wonder that neighbors were curious last week when they saw large lighting trucks, flashing lights and police cars at Galt Airport, a one-time dairy farm about a half-mile north of town.

Michael Stanard, owner of the airfield that is home to about 100 planes, said there were no disasters. Most of the police cars were for pretend cops--among the 125 cast and crew members from the Fox drama "Prison Break," which was at the airport to tape scenes for an episode to be broadcast in June.

The TV series has been using the former Joliet Correctional Center as its main backdrop. New episodes begin airing Monday, but the crew was mum about what, if anything, a small airfield has to do with Michael Scofield, played by Wentworth Miller, and his elaborate get-into-jail-to-bust-his-brother-from-D eath-Row scheme.

A handful of "PB" fans who got onto the closed set said the filming involved a police chase and a jet taking off at night.

Will escapees from the fictional Fox River State Penitentiary be on board?

The suspense continues.

Saw the episode- INTENSE!

Serialized television can drive you nuts though. THis is the episode they should have used as the cliffhanger!

Nice twist on how the governer was in it with the Vice President. Still wondering how he's gonna get out of the chair though.

Nice twist on how the governer was in it with the Vice President. Still wondering how he's gonna get out of the chair though.
I didn't see the previews for next week, but my friend is convinced he's getting fried based on the previews. You think he's surviving?

I didn't see the previews for next week, but my friend is convinced he's getting fried based on the previews. You think he's surviving?
I am thinking he gets fried as well.Mike got outsmarted by the screw.

I am thinking he gets fried as well.Mike got outsmarted by the screw.
I dont think he gets fried. I think the coffin we saw in the preview was of the VPs brother being exhumed (my GF thought it was Lincoln being buried)...I dont know how it will happen, but I think he gets a stay.

I thought last night's episode was one of the better ones. looks like next week is a preview on how they all ended up in jail.

I thought last night's episode was one of the better ones. looks like next week is a preview on how they all ended up in jail.
It was a really good episode except that you knew that the exhumation wouldn't do anything. Gee the corpse matched the dental records, hmmm. That surprised me. :sarcasm: To be honest, the only thing I don't like right now is the Vice President and the lady that is from the "company" because that part of the show doesn't flow as well and seem as realistic as the in prison parts. I think that they do that so well, that the whole conspiracy, i.e. zoom in on a reflection in the glass, story line just seems too contrived. I almost liked it better when all we saw was the secret service guys and you didn't even see the VP's face.

Just getting caught up now on this season and last Monday nights episode right now is suprisingly good. Usually I hate when shows go backwards, but this one is actually pretty good. I really didn't expect to see the Gov's daughter beins strung out.

Wow, it has been interesting couple of episodes.

Last week definitely giving folks more reason to care about the characters with the flashback. The doc was a junkie is an interesting twist.

Now with this week, more typical serialized drama. They keep painting scofield in a corner. It is almost as if, okay, now what kind of barrier can we throw at scofield and need to write him out of.

Lincoln's son shooting the SS guy was interesting twist and you wonder where that will go. Also VP beholden to "the company," interesting.

Last week definitely giving folks more reason to care about the characters with the flashback. The doc was a junkie is an interesting twist.

Now with this week, more typical serialized drama. They keep painting scofield in a corner. It is almost as if, okay, now what kind of barrier can we throw at scofield and need to write him out of.

Lincoln's son shooting the SS guy was interesting twist and you wonder where that will go. Also VP beholden to "the company," interesting.
When the hell is AJ going to remember he emailed himself the camera phone picture of the agent? :yawn:

Last week definitely giving folks more reason to care about the characters with the flashback.  The doc was a junkie is an interesting twist.

Now with this week, more typical serialized drama.  They keep painting scofield in a corner. It is almost as if, okay, now what kind of barrier can we throw at scofield and need to write him out of.

Lincoln's son shooting the SS guy was interesting twist and you wonder where that will go.  Also VP beholden to "the company," interesting.
When the hell is AJ going to remember he emailed himself the camera phone picture of the agent? :yawn:
it will probably come up soon.

The site where I used to download missed episodes of TV shows is gone...Anyone know where I can download the episode form 2 weeks ago? Somehow I missed it. Im looking for the episode before the flashback episode.

The site where I used to download missed episodes of TV shows is gone...Anyone know where I can download the episode form 2 weeks ago? Somehow I missed it. Im looking for the episode before the flashback episode.
Any predictions for tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread