What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Another time DJ Hyde told me a story of Amber O'neil wrestling somewhere in the south. During a meet and great the guy who crowded her looked well lets just say Dusty Rhoades types in body shape. The rednecks drooling over her was pathetic. What made it more pathetic was the type of trashy women these guys were coming to the show with. She was really unconfortable.
If I were her, I'd buy a cheap wedding ring and hire some guy to be her "husband" for the night.

Amber I found out is a real *****. Not sure many people would want to be with her. I had a buddy who ended up on an Amtrak with her going to Wrestlemania in FL when The Hardy's came back to WWE. She was talking so much **** on her ex Luke Gallows and Bullet Club. Turns out she had a really bad break up and she may have cheated on Gallows so she was trying to play the victim. She was even talking **** on guys like Cody and Adam Cole.

Mercedes Monè attacked Mayu Iwatani following her 6-woman tag loss to the Neo Stardom Army this morning at day 4 of STARDOM’s “Cinderella Tournament 2023.”
Monè proclaimed that there’s a “price to pay, when you mess with Monè” and predicted victory in their IWGP Women’s World Championship match on April 23rd at “All-Star Grand Queendom” in Yokohama, Japan.

I really don't get this one. On one hand I like Dax but I think he pays too much attention to what others think of them and the trolls. On the other hand he shouldn't be upset when dirt sheets report stuff that DAX says first hand on his podcast. Thats like telling someone you know has loose lips something and then when others find out you are mad at them telling people

Bryan Alverez of Wrestling Observer Live, went off on AEW’s Dax Harwood the other day, after Harwood went on a rant about Alverez talking trash and other “so called” wrestling journalists taking sides when it comes to the backstage goings on in All Elite Wrestling.
Alvarez stated that some of the news that they report on, comes directly from Dax’s podcast or whenever he writes an Instagram post about things going on backstage he probably shouldn’t be talking about.
Alvarez says it not his fault if he’s reporting on things that Hardwood said and is citing direct quotes and there’s a lot of other juicy stories he knows that he hasn’t reported on because he want to respectful to Harwood because he really likes him as a person.

At Impact's Rebellion Nick Aldis came on and said he's resigned with IMPACT. Hunter and WWE were big fans of Nick but he chose to go back to IMPACT where his wife Mickie James is.

Rey Fenix is taking some time off from All Elite Wrestling after missing this week’s Dynamite and not being advertised for this AAA Triplemania event.
At last week’s Battle of the Belts VI, Fenix, and Penta El Zero Miedo successfully defended the ROH Tag Team Titles against Powerhouse Hobbs and QT Marshall.
Fenix was not 100% coming out of the match, as PWInsider Elite reports Fenix couldn’t work this week’s AEW “Dynamite” as a result. The exact injury is unknown, but it’s significant enough to keep him from wrestling, and the decision was made for him to rest. No word on how long Fenix will be out of in-ring action.

Junior Heavyweight Assemble match in Philly august 19
NJPW just announced the “All Star Jr. Festival USA 2023” for August 19th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. @ECW Arena. I've always loved the Cruiserweight/Junior division of wrestling. It's what got me into wrestling especially when ECW started bringing in Japanese and Lucha Libre wrestlers. Definitely going to buy tickets to this.

SRS exclusive: Plan in place for Punk to return. Plan in place also for a new Saturday show.

Credit: SRS / Fightful Select 👍
Fellow Fightful Select subscriber and love it. Sean is awesome. Been fun watching his journey.
Been a big fan of SRS since he was on WINC. He and Fightful have just exploded since then. A good follow on Twitter 👍

You know you've made it big when your detractors post word for word your articles w/o credit. They're too lazy to even change the formatting 🤣
Over 10k Patreons which is just insane given how new the site is.

WINC and Raj really screwed the pooch letting Sean get away. Great podcast host and the first nearly always to break the big news.

A good get for Impact but a HUGE L for Aldis not getting nabbed by either WWE and AEW after his NWA run where his stock will never be higher.

Him and Bruce Prichard are known to strongly dislike one another but if WWE had any interest in Aldis.....hed be there right now (despite anything he'll say).

I'd have tried to work things out with NWA and Corgan.....where he's literally the face of that company. I'm sure theyd get the belt off FN Tyrus (hopefully.....maybe.....possibly....)

With Aldis being forced to crawl back to Impact, his NWA departure was a loss for everyone (both him and NWA)

A good get for Impact but a HUGE L for Aldis not getting nabbed by either WWE and AEW after his NWA run where his stock will never be higher.

Him and Bruce Prichard are known to strongly dislike one another but if WWE had any interest in Aldis.....hed be there right now (despite anything he'll say).
If there weren't an *ahem* "hiring freeze" in WWE, he may have gone there.

It is within the realm of possibility that Sami/KO drop the tag straps before Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia. Obviously, they've never gone there and probably wouldn't start now.

It is within the realm of possibility that Sami/KO drop the tag straps before Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia. Obviously, they've never gone there and probably wouldn't start now.

That would be a real kick in the nuts. Maybe they can do the backstage incident that keeps them out of action a couple of weeks.

I'd have tried to work things out with NWA and Corgan.....where he's literally the face of that company. I'm sure theyd get the belt off FN Tyrus (hopefully.....maybe.....possibly....)

With Aldis being forced to crawl back to Impact, his NWA departure was a loss for everyone (both him and NWA)

Big fan of Aldis and loved all he did to carry NWA back to some sort of relevance. I worry that WWE would have semi buried him ala LA Knight, but you never know. And yeah, having the ten pounds of gold on Tyrus right now is the worst.

SRS exclusive: Plan in place for Punk to return. Plan in place also for a new Saturday show.

Credit: SRS / Fightful Select 👍
Fellow Fightful Select subscriber and love it. Sean is awesome. Been fun watching his journey.
Been a big fan of SRS since he was on WINC. He and Fightful have just exploded since then. A good follow on Twitter 👍

You know you've made it big when your detractors post word for word your articles w/o credit. They're too lazy to even change the formatting 🤣
Over 10k Patreons which is just insane given how new the site is.

WINC and Raj really screwed the pooch letting Sean get away. Great podcast host and the first nearly always to break the big news.

I won't question SRS has a loyal following but it's more so a cult following. You don't even have to tag Sean or Fightful if you say one negative them his legion of followers screen shot or quote tweet tagging SRS and Fightful who then bully the person. It gets to the point it becomes online bullying because the dude doesn't have thick skin. Rather then block people and move on he has to be overly dramatic or create drama with it. He attacked me after I politely told him he might want to get another source or 2 on his employee posting an article on Becky Lynch's contract. SRS attacked me and was pretty pathetic too. even DMing me. He then blocked me. After about 2 yrs I mention to someone who we don't even tag him being pathetic and one of his little trolls screen shot our chats. Went after me in a DM. Then went after me on Facebook DM. I screen shot our convo's and sent them to him and told him if he didn't knock it off I was going to publicly tweet the screen shots and call him out for online bullying as well as filing charges against him if I had to from a lawyer. Dude ran away like a scared little puppy.

My issue with SRS and his site is they can't take any form of constructive criticism and are vague with their reporting to where they can easily plausible deny if its wrong and be like oh we never reported that we just said it might happen. It's a shame because JJ Williams is a cool guy who I tweet with from time to time.

I heard WWE has a hiring freeze right now or they aren't hiring people do to the sale and possible more like cuts coming

Aldis wife is in IMPACT too. I'm not sure what AEW's interest in him was but given their partnership with IMPACT I'm sure crossover stuff can happen.

Corgan is using Tyrus as a champ because of his work with Fox News. He's trying to draw from that crowd. Not really a crowd I'd personally would want to draw from.

To all my favorite marks (even Djax :wink:):

It's me vs my weight with a surgeon in my corner. Bell rings at noon. No time limit, a winner must be decided.

And it's going to be me! :boxing:
I hope you don't expect me to mark out for you.
I'm hulking out. Recovery going well after surgery. Lot of fn gas pain though.

Mom has rotator cuff Surgery next Wednesday. Tore her bicep too.
And to think I was depending on her to shore up the back end of my bullpen in fantasy. :kicksrock:

It's me vs my weight with a surgeon in my corner. Bell rings at noon. No time limit, a winner must be decided.

Are you available for drilling? America could use your gas to power a couple of semis.

Lap band?
Sleeve gastrectomy. It gon.
Huh, haven't heard of that one...

AEW has signed Luchadore Kommander. WWE had interest but there's talk of a hiring freeze and Nick Khan is talking about a conservative number budget cuts of almost $50M at the very least in cuts. That tells me there's not going to just be office cuts but major Talent cuts too.

Adam Page took to Instagram yesterday to clarify an old quote that CM Punk had an issue with way back during the infamous Post All Out Scrum:
the reports that i 'don't take advice' have been greatly exaggerated, perhaps by no one more so than me. advice and feedback, particularly from those who have come before, have always been and always will be welcomed and appreciated. my self-deprecating and dry insistence otherwise just comes from a place of being more personally interested in wrestling as an art than a sport. it would've been hollow for Picasso to try to paint a mona lisa.
i kinda thought i'd have been asked about it by now and could've clarified. i just wouldn't want any of the older generation, especially those whose work with us is vital and unknown to fans, to feel that their wisdom is dismissed.
i am also still in search of the cheese puffs. let me know if you find them. thank you.

I never heard the Podcast but this is just wrong. You don't threaten people's family. I've talked a lot of this going on with WWE marks who support Nia and Roman in the past and their "fans" going after others for difference of opinions. However and this isn't saying Dax is wrong but I think he tended to overshare on a lot of stuff he shouldn't have been airing publicly on AEW. Then when he got called out on it he played the victim card. I love FTR and respect the hell out of those guys. I've met them on a few occasions. Great talent and tag team happy they are in a company who cares about tag team wrestling and doesn't use it as some sick comedy ploy.

Dax Harwood & Matt Koon have officially announced the ending of the ‘FTR With Dax Harwood’ Podcast.
“We all wanted to do good for wrestling and I don't think that this podcast, as much as we tried, as hard as we tried, I don't think the podcast was reflecting that”
Dax stated that AEW didn’t make him end the podcast. That he was trying to make a show to make people happy and to bring some more shine to the pro wrestling business. Things turned for the worst when he made a comment about a dream match of his (CMFTR vs. The Elite) he got attacked on Twitter.

He got messages saying he should be fired, die, his family should leave him and someone even went as far as to call his daughter a “little whore” So he said for at least the time being, he won’t be doing podcasts.

WON: CM Punk has yet to reach out and apologize to Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, because he was told by AEW management not to have any contact with the parties involved in the Brawl Out incident last year.

Kota Ibushi told Dark Puroresu Flowsion that if he signs with AEW. He wants to pass his knowledge on to the younger wrestlers to build future AEW stars:
“I want to share my knowledge with them as much as I can in All Elite Wrestling. The reason is to spread wrestling, to make it major. I’ll give my all to wrestling.”

Kota Ibushi told Dark Puroresu Flowsion that if he signs with AEW. He wants to pass his knowledge on to the younger wrestlers to build future AEW stars:
“I want to share my knowledge with them as much as I can in All Elite Wrestling. The reason is to spread wrestling, to make it major. I’ll give my all to wrestling
tag and hang with my buddy Kenny. ”
FIXED

AEW has trademarked “AEW WrestleDream.”
WrestleDream was used as an event name by the now defunct Super World of Sport (SWS) promotion that took place on April 1, 1991 in Kobe, Japan. The main event of that show saw Hulk Hogan retain the WWF Championship over Yoshiaki Yastu. The show also featured Bret Hart, Randy Savage and Minoru Suzuki.
The company filed for the term on April 19 under merchandise purposes section with The USPTO.

@Tom Servo if you look up Trinity Starr you apparently might be happy with what you find. From seeing comments this might be why she changed her

Last month Trinity Fatu (Naomi) confirmed on her Instagram that she was no longer with WWE, and it was subsequently noticed by those who follow trademark applications that she filed for the name “Trinty Starr.”
Public records now indicate that she has unexpectedly abandoned that application, with no real reason stated and will seemingly be wrestling under her real name.

Lita’s time in WWE is said to be done for right now. She could be brought in later on this year to be involved in the Becky Lynch/Trish Stratus SummerSlam feud.

Debate away gentlemen

WWE has revealed their 30 Greatest WWE Title Changes on their YouTube to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the title's lineage.
Heres the list:
30. Roman Reigns def Triple H at Wrestlemania 32
29. Rey Mysterio def The Miz in a tournament to win vacant WWE Title on RAW
(I blame no one for not remembering this as his reign lasted only like an hour because CENAWINSLOL)
28. The Undertaker def Sycho Sid at Wrestlemania 13
27. Jinder Mahal def Randy Orton at Backlash
26. The Miz cashes in and def Randy Orton on RAW
25. Brock Lesnar def Kofi Kingston on Smackdown
(Remember Cain Velasquez having a WWE run?)
24. John Cena def The Rock at Wrestlemania 29
23. Randy Orton def Triple H at No Mercy
22. Triple H wins the 2016 Royal Rumble
21. Eddie Guerrero def Brock Lesnar at No Way Out
20. The Rock def Mankind at Survivor Series: Deadly Games
19. The Ultimate Warrior def Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI
18. AJ Styles def Jinder Mahal on Smackdown
17. Big E cashes in and def Bobby Lashley on RAW
16. Shawn Michaels def Bret Hart at Survivor Series
15. John Cena def JBL at Wrestlemania 21
14. Randy Savage def Ted DiBiase in Vacant WWE Title Tournament at Wrestlemania IV
13. Daniel Bryan def Batista & Randy Orton at Wrestlemania XXX
12. The Rock def Triple H at Backlash
11. Brock Lesnar def The Rock at Summerslam
10. Edge cashes in and def John Cena at New Years Revolution
9. Ric Flair wins the 1992 Royal Rumble
8. Roman Reigns unifies the titles and def Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 38
7. Shawn Michaels def Bret Hart at Wrestlemania X
6. John Cena def AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble
5. Hulk Hogan def Iron Sheik in Madison Square Garden
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin def Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XIV
3. Seth Rollins cashes in and def Brock Lesnar & Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 31
2. Kofi Kingston def Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 35

1. Mankind def The Rock on RAW

His reign was short, but not having Ziggler's cash-in over Del Rio is a glaring omission. That got a MASSIVE pop. (or was that the world title, and not the WWE title)

Kofi at 2 is a joke, but they are trying to be PC.

Leaving out Punk over Cena in '11 is WWE being silly as usual, as they aren't going to include Punk for obvious reasons.

I am guessing Shawn had input into this list as both his wins over Bret are on there, and there are no Bret Hart title wins. :lol:

Last edited:
Imagine the thought process of putting AJ Styles/Jinder on a Smackdown over Hogan/Warrior. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agree on Ziggler/Del Rio (one of the biggest pops ever). And Puke/Cena (again one of the biggest audience reactions in history). Both should unquestionably be there.

There’s a crap ton of recency bias on the WWE list. One title change that has to be included is Ivan Koloff defeating Bruno in January 1971.

Bruno had had the belt for 2,803 days at that point. The crowd at MSG fully expected him to win. When Bruno did the job, the crowd was stunned into silence. Because of NYC having a strong Italian community (hence Bruno’s popularity there), coupled with Volkoff playing a Russian heel, meant that Koloff was given the belt backstage for fear of inciting a riot.

Long before “if Cena wins we riot”, people were scared that Bruno losing would actually start one.

Looks like a **** RAW tonight

There have been some major changes to tonight's Raw script. The changes are being made remotely at Vince McMahon's request.
- PWInsider

Users who are viewing this thread