What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Nigel McGuinness on if he'd come out of retirement in London for AEW All In: "In terms of dream opponents, obviously it would have to be someone like Dragon [Bryan Danielson], given our history and the true story that's there."

Mercedes Monè’s next appearance for New Japan Pro Wrestling will be on May 21st when they come to the Walter Pyramid in Long Beach, CA for “Resurgence”. Mayu Iwantami won the belt from her

CM Punk was backstage for a bit at tonight's Monday Night Raw taping
Punk briefly met with Paul Levesque. He also met with several other WWE talents, but was eventually asked to exit the arena.
One WWE source believed it may have been since he was under contract to another company. We are told by the same source that it was a Vince McMahon call that he leave the venue and that when he was asked, Punk immediately said his goodbyes and left the building
- PWInsider

Feels like a power play move by Punk. He wants to at least mend some fences with WWE, that way AEW has to worry about keeping him happy for fear that he will go back to WWE. The Saturday night AEW deal just shows that Punk is a bigger draw that some would have everyone believe, so I think this was a calculated move on his part.

Smart move to split up the world titles. If Reigns doesn't want to work and be an active world champ, might as well get one world champ who does.

Feels like a power play move by Punk. He wants to at least mend some fences with WWE, that way AEW has to worry about keeping him happy for fear that he will go back to WWE. The Saturday night AEW deal just shows that Punk is a bigger draw that some would have everyone believe, so I think this was a calculated move on his part.

Smart move to split up the world titles. If Reigns doesn't want to work and be an active world champ, might as well get one world champ who does.
IMO this is the way Cody becomes a world champion.

Dijak tweeted something last night about supporting the hard working people that are already in the company. Sounds like a shot at Punk. There were others who weren't happy to see him either and rumor has it Vince asked him to leave politely to not create tension with some back there.

It's a cop out to get Cody a title and keep belts on Roman nothing more. They saw the backlash they took for Mania but its too little too late. I feel his momentum is all but gone now

It's a cop out to get Cody a title and keep belts on Roman nothing more. They saw the backlash they took for Mania but its too little too late. I feel his momentum is all but gone now
This 100%. I hate the new belt. It's a means to keep both straps on Roman. Terrible move if you ask me. Should have split the belts long ago. Having them both on one guy is like having just one belt.

Gunther can work a Roman program as the babyface. New Japan does it all the time. Just because you are normally a heel doesn't mean you can't work babyface in a program.

And it doesn't have to be Gunther. He's just the only credible man left standing.

There honestly should only be one world championship belt, and the champ works both shows. Single and tag teams. Doesn't mean you have to wrestle every show or even appear, but you work both shows. Hogan basically worked Roman's schedule and it worked. You want something defended weekly, make a TV belt for both shows.

That said, something I noticed the other day: Roman makes carrying two belts look cool. The Usos make carrying two belts look cool. Sami and KO, it just looks awkward.

This 100%. I hate the new belt. It's a means to keep both straps on Roman. Terrible move if you ask me. Should have split the belts long ago. Having them both on one guy is like having just one belt.

Exactly they ****ed the pooch on this one. If there was no "Brand split" I'd get it but at the same time if Roman isn't working every week then what's the point. This gives a lot of credence to what I heard during the pandemic that Roman had Talks with Moxley about Joining AEW because of how Vince was handling protocols and Roman wanted to be a monster heel. Roman got a huge contract from WWE extension wise with a lot of Bells and whistles namely pay, heel run and the fact he works less dates. Roman had Vince by the balls and hostage and He didn't want to lose roman so he gave him whatever he wanted. With Endeavor it sounds like these types of power moves aren't happening. A buddy of mine is a talent buyer who's worked with Endeavor on gigs and events. They are the talent agency of the IMG academy in FL. Euroleague and Esports. They are tough people

WWE should also bring back more tournaments. Another Cruiserweight classic, Both King and Queen of the Ring, Dusty Classic should involve all brands as well. Want a brand split? Then make Survivor series meaning between the brands. Winner of the brand gets its choice of best NXT person coming to the main roster or Winner of the brand vs brand 5 on 5 match for each Female and Male gets a choice of wrestler from Male/Female depending on the division from the other brand. Keep the Brands separate and bring back Brand PPVs as well. We don't need a ton of PPVs each year just filler in between the big 4

better overall storylines as well.

Female writer suing WWE and Vince over racist and sterotypical scripts as well as other things

Vince McMahon, WWE Sued by Ex-Writer Over ‘Racist’ Scene Scripts
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., Vince McMahon, and other executives allegedly discriminated and retaliated against a Black female writer for objecting to “offensively racist and stereotypical jargon” used in the scripts of Black wrestlers including Bianca Belair and Apollo Crews, according to a new lawsuit.
Britney Abrahams’ multiple complaints were ignored, and she was pretextually terminated for taking home a WrestleMania-branded chair, according to the complaint filed in the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York on Monday.
Abrahams began writing for WWE SmackDown! and WWE Monday Night RAW in 2020, according to the complaint. She complained of racial and gender stereotypes in scripts, including ones instructing Belair to say “Uh-Uh! Don’t make me take off my earrings and beat your ***! " and Crews to speak with a “stereotypical and exaggerated Nigerian accent,” but was rebuffed, she said.
She was allegedly subject to a number of racist pitches after complaining. On a Slack thread that McMahon and his daughter Stephanie McMahon were included on, other writers suggested a Black male wrestler should dress in drag. Only when a White writer noted that doing so could “perpetuate harmful stereotypes that would offend viewers” was the pitch scrapped, she said.
On another occasion, a writer allegedly proposed that a Muslim’s wrestler’s secret in a script be that he was “behind the 9/11 attacks.”
Abrahams and other writers complained about the comments, to which Vice President Christine Lubrano allegedly responded, “Wacky things are said in the writer’s room all the time!” and “I know but look at the waves we’re making in the company. 4 years ago, no woman worked on the writer’s team!”
Abrahams continued to opposed racist, sexist pitches, she said, and was fired in retaliation in April 2022. WWE fired her for taking with her a WrestleMania 38 branded chair, but the practice was allegedly a common practice that White male writers weren’t punished for.

She is seeking reinstatement, damages, declaratory judgment, and an injunction restraining defendants from engaging in such unlawful conduct.

PWInsider reports that AJ Styles has still not been cleared by doctors to return to action, after breaking his ankle at a WWE house show last December.
AJ also did not travel to Los Angeles, California to participate in any of the Wrestlemania 39 festivities.
Nobody has seen him at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, either, which is typically the spot where a wrestler would go to train and work off their ring rust, after returning from a long term injury.

Kota Ibushi told Dark Puroresu Flowsion on Twitter that he would like to work with, team up, or face once again Kenny Omega, Hangman Page, The Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor, Konosuke Takeshita, Sami Zayn and AJ Styles.

One person under contract to WWE who saw CM Punk backstage at RAW, tells PWInsider he may have been there to ‘kill whatever past heat’ he had with Triple H.

PW is also reporting Punk was in Florida and took a flight with several talent where he learned WWE would be in CHI

He Then went to RAW to speak to Hunter which was a 1-2 min convo if he could stay and asked for his time for about 5 mins Hunter told him he had to confirm ok with the big guy AKA Vince and would get back to him

Punk stayed in a common space where many wrestlers past by. When PW first reported Punk Backstage a WWE Exec emailed PW and asked if they had made a mistake. Several talent were surprised to see him

He also talked to Miz which many believe was him apologizing for actions on WWE Backstage

After 2O mins or so WWE security came and asked Punk to leave. Punk was able to say his goodbyes and left without incident.

PWMania was also told that AEW wasn't aware of this until they saw it online. No word on what AEW officials think. Punk and WWE had interest late last year but nothing materialized as Punk was under AEW contract.

Some in the back of WWE were not happy to see Punk while others were. Some believe he was trying to mend fences to either come back to WWE or use it as a negotiating ploy with AEW but at this point thats speculation. Some asked why he was there but it was more so in a surprise way after he had left.

According to PWmania everything was very cordial and Punk was very respectful to the WWE security who told him he had to leave. He was allowed to say his goodybyes. There's video of him meeting with Tamina SNuka in the parking lot but no one can confirm if this was before or after Security asked him to leave. About 5 members of the security team came to Punk

Vince apparently re-wrote several of the women's scripts and took segments of women out. It's said that several female stars have been unhappy since Vince came back in the picture to a degree. Vince was rewriting stuff remotely.

Blockbuster match announced next week:
Darby Allin & Jungle Boy Jack Perry vs MJF & Sammy Guevara
If Darby and Jack win, they'll be added to the main event of AEW Double or Nothing 2023, making it a PILLARS FOUR WAY.

WOR: AEW “Collision” will have a CM Punk specific tagline attached to it for the first ever show in June.
It will be similar to when he debuted on the second ever AEW Rampage with the “First Dance” tagline.

Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated has since reported that the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship was a Triple H decision as the WWE Chief Content Officer believes Raw needs a world champion, with the belief being that Roman Reigns will be selected #1 overall to Friday Night SmackDown.
Some questioned why someone like GUNTHER with the Intercontinental Title couldn't be moved to Raw and established as the brand's main champion but multiple sources told SI that Triple H prefers having world champions on separate brands and does not see the IC title as a strong enough title to be the main belt.
The new champion being crowned at Night of Champions is reportedly being done to "please business partners in Saudi Arabia." The show was originally set to be King & Queen of the Ring but that was changed in recent weeks when WWE decided to go ahead with the new World Heavyweight Championship.

Mercedes Monè is set to become a free agent after her appearance at the NJPW “Resurgence” PPV on May 21st at the Walter Pyramid in Long Beach, California.
Despite this, Monè has requested a rematch with Mayu Iwatani for the IWGP Women’s World Championship sometime shortly after the New Japan California show.

The April 24 edition of AEW Dark: Elevation was a Best Of episode and the official FITE listing for the show claims it was the "final episode of Elevation."
The AEW Plus listing on FITE states: "Don't miss the special and final episode of Elevation - it's Best of Elevation airing on FITE TV! The episode is throwing it back to some of the best matches and moments that have graced our Monday nights over the years!"
All Elite Wrestling have not made an official announcement about the future of Dark: Elevation. The show hasn't been taped in recent weeks as Ring of Honor television has been filmed in the usual Dark: Elevation slot at AEW Dynamite/Rampage tapings.

"I heard the (CM Punk/Tony Khan) meeting took place with Jericho and FTR. I think it was supposed to be on Friday I think.
That might have been why he was in Tampa and I just heard from one source that it went well."
- Wade Keller via PW Torch

PWInsider reports AJ Styles is in Texas ahead of tonight's Friday Night Smackdown, Night 1 of the Draft.

There’s currently 8 women in NXT who are injured and they all have ACL injuries.
The Observer reports wrestlers at the PC are blaming this on a new strength and conditioning coach who's shifted their training with heavy lifting drills.

The previous coach would focus on athletic drills, cardio and explosiveness.

According to CNBC: Peacock app lost $704 million in its first quarter of 2023, it lost $456 million during the same quarter in 2022, that a 54% increase in losses.
Peacock is the home of the WWE Network in the United States

According to WWE’s official website roster Madcap Moss has had his name changed back to Riddick Moss.

PWInsider: Teddy Long will be on hand for tomorrow nights WWE Draft edition of Friday Night SmackDown.

NXT superstar Sol Ruca is out of action with a torn ACL

Best of Suer JRs

A Block:

• KUSHIDA
  • Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Lio Rush
  • DOUKI
  • Hiromu Takahashi
  • Titan
  • TJP
  • Taiji Ishimori
  • SHO
  • Mike Bailey
B Block:

• Francesco Akira
  • El Desperado
  • BUSHI
  • Yoshinobu Kanemaru
  • YOH
  • Robbie Eagles
  • Master Wato
  • Clark Connors
  • Kevin Knight
  • Dan Moloney

AEW CLO Megha Parekh confirmed that All Out will take place the week after All In
"London, it's been a while since I spent any meaningful time there because of COVID. I'm excited just to go back (for All In)

We'll have to come back here (U.S) for All Out the week after but it should be really fun.”

Resurgence on May 21 will see Mercedes Moné join representatives of CMLL, AEW and STARDOM for a one night tournament to crown an inaugural NJOW STRONG Women's Champion

The show, believed to be called AEW Collision, as noted last week, is expected to debut on 6/17 with a show from 8-10 p.m. Eastern, from the United Center in Chicago, which would also be the return of C.M. Punk along with what is expected to be either another major name debut or return.
-WON Dave Meltzer

If Darby and Jack win, they'll be added to the main event of AEW Double or Nothing 2023, making it a PILLARS FOUR WAY.
Terrible ****ing idea. They are afraid that MJF vs any one of em in a singles match isn't big enough?

Yeah TBH any of them vs MJF seems like a stretch and reeks of them not having anything else for MJF

The only thing that stands out is the lack of progress any of them have made in 4 years compared to MJF.

Darby Alien and Jungle Gym are awful awful awful awful promos. Almost as embarrassing as most of the AEW women's division in ring.
Terrible ****ing idea. They are afraid that MJF vs any one of em in a singles match isn't big enough?

Yeah TBH any of them vs MJF seems like a stretch and reeks of them not having anything else for MJF

The only thing that stands out is the lack of progress any of them have made in 4 years compared to MJF.

Darby Alien and Jungle Gym are awful awful awful awful promos. Almost as embarrassing as most of the AEW women's division in ring.
I don't think Darby is as bad. He's had a few good ones and at least has some level of passion. Perry on the other hand...dude is just a charisma black hole. He'll never be a main event draw

I can't find the post in all the DJax spam of this effing thread, but whoever said Owens/Sami seem WAY more awkward carrying two belts each is awkward is correct. Roman made it cool. Usos kept it cool. Canadian Honkeys making Two Belts Each super uncool.

I can't find the post in all the DJax spam of this effing thread, but whoever said Owens/Sami seem WAY more awkward carrying two belts each is awkward is correct. Roman made it cool. Usos kept it cool. Canadian Honkeys making Two Belts Each super uncool.
Awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread