What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Bret Hart on Vince McMahon allegations and lawsuit: “I don’t think this is the only incident of this kind of predatory behavior. I think you’ll find that it’s everywhere in [WWE].

I’m going to speak my truth. I’m not worried about Vince’s feelings. He’s never cared about mine. I don’t have any problem with everybody kicking his head around the parking lot. I’m OK with the truth coming out.”

Bret Hart on Vince McMahon allegations and lawsuit: “I don’t think this is the only incident of this kind of predatory behavior. I think you’ll find that it’s everywhere in [WWE].

I’m going to speak my truth. I’m not worried about Vince’s feelings. He’s never cared about mine. I don’t have any problem with everybody kicking his head around the parking lot. I’m OK with the truth coming out.”
That is some serious spit right there. Vince is gonna reap what he sowed.

Old man will probably be dead before anything really comes of it. Can't see him going to prison. Now the others in the Executive Suite will be squirming and looking for a way out, I'm sure.

Well, that just got interesting…

Perfect opportunity to run back the Mike Tyson swerve. Rock inserts himself as guest referee/enforcer for Roman vs. Cody match, buildup has him completely Team Roman, talking about "doing what's right for the family" and then when Jimmy and Solo try and interfere, Rock turns on Roman, gives a couple Rock Bottoms to those guys, and paves the way for the Cody win.

Screen goes black with Rock holding up Cody's arm in the middle of the ring. You can do Roman v. Rock at SS or a upcoming Saudi show.

The Ringer Wrestling Podcast fantasy booked Roman working both nights, losing to Cody night one, and beating Rock in night two as Roman turns face, but I don't see anyone working two nights if they don't have to.

Somebody close to the situation in STARDOM said, “You have no idea how upset wrestlers and media are about Tony’s sticking it to Rossy.”

It is also reported that the reason KAIRI Sane went back to WWE & why Giulia is signing with WWE is because they knew Rossy Ogawa would not be in control of STARDOM anymore.

-via WON

Old man will probably be dead before anything really comes of it. Can't see him going to prison. Now the others in the Executive Suite will be squirming and looking for a way out, I'm sure.

John Laurinaitis
Kevin Dunn
Bruce Prichard
Gerald Brisco
Jim Ross
Paul Levesque
Michael Hickenbottom
Mark Calaway

The list of people who knew and didn't say anything could be extremely long, to be honest. And yes, I love what HHH and Shawn are doing for the business right now, and hope that they somehow didn't know or something, but too many car rides, plane flights, long nights in Stamford to not know of anything.

Last edited:
Back in 2021, Scott D'Amore reportedly became frustrated with Anthem ahead of the “Bound for Glory” PPV, where an agreement was supposedly in place to bring in former WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman. The promotion was set to dub the event "Braun to Glory." However, Anthem ultimately pulled the plug because of Strowman's "too high" asking price and their belief that "The Monster Among Men" would not improve Impact Wrestling’s business.

D’Amore threatened to quit the company over it, but Anthem saw him as an asset to the company at the time, and convinced him to remain with Impact.

- Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Perfect opportunity to run back the Mike Tyson swerve. Rock inserts himself as guest referee/enforcer for Roman vs. Cody match, buildup has him completely Team Roman, talking about "doing what's right for the family" and then when Jimmy and Solo try and interfere, Rock turns on Roman, gives a couple Rock Bottoms to those guys, and paves the way for the Cody win.

Screen goes black with Rock holding up Cody's arm in the middle of the ring. You can do Roman v. Rock at SS or a upcoming Saudi show.

The Ringer Wrestling Podcast fantasy booked Roman working both nights, losing to Cody night one, and beating Rock in night two as Roman turns face, but I don't see anyone working two nights if they don't have to.
I don't know if this was the plan all along, with this is Cody swerve on choosing Roman, but I'm here for it. This is gonna be fun!

I just am not convinced they pivoted that quickly based on the fan reaction.

Defy will also beable to use Progress Streaming services

PROGRESS Wrestling and DEFY Wrestling have announced that they've merged, "creating one of the largest global independent wrestling organisations".

DEFY TO SURVIVE: LUCKY NUMBER 7 will be the first official show under the merger of both organizations.

John Laurinaitis
Kevin Dunn
Bruce Prichard
Gerald Brisco
Jim Ross
Paul Levesque
Michael Hickenbottom
Mark Calaway

The list of people who knew and didn't say anything could be extremely long, to be honest. And yes, I love what HHH and Shawn are doing for the business right now, and hope that they somehow didn't know or something, but too many car rides, plane flights, long nights in Stamford to not know of anything.
Someone said wouldn’t be surprised if Cena was on there either. Then you got the Hogans, Nash’s etc. Steph and Linda knew something but at what extent and at what extent does Shane know? From reports and people I’ve talked to Shane stepped away to not be like his father and apparently tried to stop some attempts of sexual harassment by his father in the workplace. To what extent those actions were and what else he knows hasn’t been said though

Also not saying Taker didn’t do anything but no one has said a bad thing about him and the women have always said a lot of good things about him. He was also championing for more women wrestling in WWE. HBK before he was a born again Christian sure definately being friends with Paul.

But we forgot to include Steve Austin here.

Fightful reports Sting was adamantly against winning the tag titles, for a long time he was against even competing for them.

However, some in AEW said that from their standpoint, Sting and Darby were undefeated as a tag team, and should have had a title shot well before within the context of the television show.

The decision was made well in advance for Sting and Allin to win the tag team titles, and Sting went along with it.

It was also said he was all smiles after the match backstage.

Over 4,000 tickets have sold on pre-sale alone for AEW “Big Business” on March 13th at TD Garden in Boston.

Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow at 10am.

Max Everett of Wrestling Inc reports that there are tentative plans for current All Japan Triple Crown Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima to make appearances in NXT, and that the “three faces” promo the company has been running of late, might actually be for him.

Everett made note that Nakajima is not signed to AJPW, and can negotiate with WWE as he sees fit.

Andrew Zarian reports AEW will be running a major stadium show in the United States sometime in 2024.

No further details were given but it's said this is NOT in reference to the annual Arthur Ashe show 👀

I don't know if this was the plan all along, with this is Cody swerve on choosing Roman, but I'm here for it. This is gonna be fun!

I think it's clear at this point that this was the plan all along.

Cody wouldn't have booked to win the Rumble if he wasn't going to face Reigns at WM.

And they couldn't bring in Rock straight up to be on Reigns' side since he'd get too many cheers, which could hurt Cody's pop, so they had the run the "Rock is trying to steal Cody's spot" angle to turn a lot of fans against him and make the heel turn workable. Rock will still get cheered by many, but not as much as he would've two weeks ago, and the way it played out only intensified the fans' love for Cody. I am not a fan of the Rhodes family, but this was well executed.

Cody wouldn't have booked to win the Rumble if he wasn't going to face Reigns at WM.

And they couldn't bring in Rock straight up to be on Reigns' side since he'd get too many cheers, which could hurt Cody's pop, so they had the run the "Rock is trying to steal Cody's spot" angle to turn a lot of fans against him and make the heel turn workable. Rock will still get cheered by many, but not as much as he would've two weeks ago, and the way it played out only intensified the fans' love for Cody. I am not a fan of the Rhodes family, but this was well executed.
From people I spoke to it wasn’t. Rock was gonna face Roman flat out as part of his new TKO deal, no one told Hunter or Cody that, but they saw the fans turn on that decided to go a different route. Dwayne has said over the years WWE handled the Daniel Bryan situation totally wrong so he’s rectifying that here to not get in a similiar situation

From people I spoke to it wasn’t. Rock was gonna face Roman flat out as part of his new TKO deal, no one told Hunter or Cody that, but they saw the fans turn on that decided to go a different route. Dwayne has said over the years WWE handled the Daniel Bryan situation totally wrong so he’s rectifying that here to not get in a similiar situation
From people I spoke to, it was.

Oh oh, it's people vs people in a no DQ bull rope match!!

From people I spoke to, it was unclear.

From people I spoke to, it was unclear.
TK booked it so that makes sense

Dave Meltzer via WOR: "One of the things that's happened this year is... Tony Khan's really letting Bryan Danielson do what he wants. He's letting Sting do what he wants.

Danielson's gonna go out scripting his last year, you know like Sting's going out scripting his last match."

Glad she’s ok

Mayu Iwatani told Tokyo Sports that she had been crying for days following Rossy Ogawa's removal from STARDOM.

She hasn't stopped thinking about it and said she will continue to support Rossy, who she has been close with for 13 years now.

Current STARDOM president Taro Okada recently contacted her because she had sent out several tweets that led to much concern in the office.

Tokyo Sports notes that her worries remain and she even said she's not sure about her future right now, but she's keeping her focus on her IWGP Women's Championship defense against Mina Shirakawa for the time being.

Lots of options shaping up for WM.

Rock betrays Roman?

Seth betrays Cody?

Roman and Seth reform Shield 2024?

Seth and Cody win both nights and derail the Bloodline?

Should be interesting.

Zilla Fatu returns to Booker T's wrestling school to continue his education. The two sides had previously fallen out.

Zilla is Eddie FATU’s aka Umaga son

BREAKING NEWS: THE AEWxCMLL WAR HAS JUST CROSSED INTO ARENA MEXICO!!!

Blackpool Combat Club takes on Blue Panther, Ultimo Guerrero, Volador Jr. and Mistico!!!

Former Ashley Massaro friend was on CNN talking about WWE a former WWE expect was the one who found her. Stephanie McMahon. Says Steph helped the cover up.

It was nice knowing ya Steph and Paul. Things are getting too close for Paul Levesque here

Boom

WON: The Rock made the decision to turn heel when he and the company realized they were getting him more bad publicity after the Black Adam debacle and Young Rock cancelation.

He also pitched the idea of the Reigns/Rock vs. Rhodes/Rollins match for night one of WrestleMania XL

Boom

WON: The Rock made the decision to turn heel when he and the company realized they were getting him more bad publicity after the Black Adam debacle and Young Rock cancelation.

He also pitched the idea of the Reigns/Rock vs. Rhodes/Rollins match for night one of WrestleMania XL
Unrealiable source.

Strike one.

Rock killed it last night

"The biggest main event in the history of WrestleMania and you flushed it down the toilet. The same toilet you sat your fat asses on and tweeted 'We want Cody! Cody's gotta finish his story!'" 🤣🤣

On this day in 1993: Kerry Adkisson, better known to pro wrestling fans as Kerry Von Erich, shot himself to death on his father's dude ranch in Denton, Texas.

He was 33.

Caught the Wrestling REVOLVER card that was local this weekend.

Highlight Clip so I don't have to break down everyone there

Was kind of a surreal experience. A combo of indie with big time feel. A really fun card that had performers I have always wanted to see live (Speedball Mike Bailey, Lio Rush, Chris Bey), performers that was cool to get to see up close (Elias/Ezekiel/Elijah, Grizzled Young Veterans, Mansoor, Alex Shelley, Lance Archer, Athena (supporting her husband)), performers I need to know more about (The Rascalz, Vert Vixen, Alex Zayne) and then guys I see every Saturday in the freakin main event (MPX guys Exodus Prime and JD Griffey).

The ticket wasn't cheap, and they packed over 1000 people into the building. The matches and production value (outside of the crappy PA system) was really really solid. Tried to explain to my son if WWE is the MLB, MPX that we go to is like college ball, AEW is like Triple A, this show was like a Double A All Star Game. Was surprised they opened with Rush vs. Chris Bey, and Speedball vs. Elias was right before intermission, but made sense. Had that old school territory feel of having those matches while the crowd was hottest, and those guys could work merch at the end of the show.

I highly recommend checking out this promotion if they come your way. You get really great access to the wrestlers before, during and after the show, solid crowd participation (was a long 3 hour show that did have some lulls), and guys doing swantons off of basketball goals. Last comment, the GYV are doing a soccer/football type bit with their ring gear and merch. Wearing Premier League looking kits to the ring and have soccer scarves that they sell. Those scarves were all over the crowd, that they were holding up during the match. Just smart marketing.

Support Local Wrestling.

Mike Bailey matches are good stuff. Lance Archer is one of our favorite big men to see live.

Great report!

Bailey was a lot of fun, and he might be the most white meat babyface I have seen in forever. Loved his move set, even if it felt a little stunted as he was working someone brand new in Elias. Can only imagine what he can do with someone familiar. Also loved his entrance where he was punching and kicking the fans hands instead of giving high-fives and the crowd was eating it up. Coming to the ring to Brass Monkey was also super over. Hated that I didn't try and see if Veda Scott was with him, fans near me had photos signed by both.

Lance Archer was way over with the crowd. He let Alex Zayne do most of the heavy lifting in their match against Drake and Gibson, but had some of the best power moves of the night and the crowd couldn't get enough of his banter of " You want me to #### him up??" and the crowd doing the "Archer's gonna kill you!!" chants.

Users who are viewing this thread