What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Meltzer gives this FIVE 🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 or I unsubscribe.

LMAO 5 Bunnies!!!!!! I've yet to watch tonight but I'm honestly impressed with Bunny Man. I give my props to him. Unlike Logan Paul I think this is genuine love for the business where Logan and his brother will use WWE as a stepping stone to further their personal business.

Iyo and Bianca started a little off but picked up in the middle and never let off the gas. Great match by the end.
It was a great match yes. I haven't been paying attention to the women's wrestling, Is Puerto Rico Iyo's adopted home, or was she the babyface in this storyline, because I was really distracted by the fact that she was working babyface in the match and coming into it I fully expected that Bianca was the face.

And it's not that the crowd was behind Iyo, it was that she was working face from the jump, so it wasn't like they made a mid match adjustment based on the crowd. Soooooo yeah, great match, but confusing for me to watch :lmao:

Just saw Charlotte Flair on a professional cornhole tournament broadcast on ESPN2. :oldunsure: Is this a shoot or a work?

Iyo and Bianca started a little off but picked up in the middle and never let off the gas. Great match by the end.
It was a great match yes. I haven't been paying attention to the women's wrestling, Is Puerto Rico Iyo's adopted home, or was she the babyface in this storyline, because I was really distracted by the fact that she was working babyface in the match and coming into it I fully expected that Bianca was the face.

And it's not that the crowd was behind Iyo, it was that she was working face from the jump, so it wasn't like they made a mid match adjustment based on the crowd. Soooooo yeah, great match, but confusing for me to watch :lmao:
The crowd was behind Sky. To her credit, EST started doing less overt babyface stuff. She read the crowd and adjusted accordingly.
BTW, if we're going to proceed down LOL Cena wins territory, let's turn her heel to freshen this character up.

The competitors for the World Heavyweight Championship tournament per, WWE:
-Seth Rollins
-Cody Rhodes
-Shinsuke Nakamura
-Damian Priest
-Finn Balor
-The Miz
-Edge
-Sheamus
-Bobby Lashley
-Rey Mysterio
-Austin Theory
-AJ Styles

Ring of Honor commentator and former
ROH World Champion McGuinness says he would seriously consider coming out of retirement if AEW sells at Wembley Stadium for they “All In” show.
He said he’d love to wrestle Bryan Danielson, if he was to realistically pick any wrestler on the AEW roster

Everyone is praising Bad Bunny for his match, and he did his part well. But the real hero was Damian Priest.

Formally known as Punishment Martinez, Priest is one of the great underrated wrestlers on the roster. People just don't realize that he's probably really close to the level of Seth Rollins in terms of skill.

Make no mistake, Bad Bunny was fine, but that match wouldn't be half as good without someone like Damian Priest to make it work.

He's 40, and I hope it's not too late for him to have a world title run. I'd love to see it.

~David

The crowd was behind Sky. To her credit, EST started doing less overt babyface stuff. She read the crowd and adjusted accordingly.
BTW, if we're going to proceed down LOL Cena wins territory, let's turn her heel to freshen this character up.
Ok but why was Sky working babyface from the start? I dunno. doesn't matter, but i couldn't stop thinking about it during the match. Or after, clearly :lmao:

RUMOR: AEW and WBD have come to a new 5 year long ONE BILLION DOLLAR agreement.

The entire AEW package, including PPVs and weekly TV, would be exclusive to Warner Bros and subject to streaming on WBD platforms.

An announcement is expected from Warner/discovery next week

I can feel it stirring in the air: momentum shifting in the positive for Dynamite. I don't think it detracts at all from WWE, who still has a hot product that is still gaining. New Japan and STARDOM popping off with great events lately.

We're in a golden era.

A leaked photo of CM Punk from AEW “Fight Forever”, seemingly confirming he is still in the game, that is heavily rumored to be released in conjugation with the “Forbidden Door” PPV on June 25 in Toronto, Canada.
It's Official! AEW Saturday Collision debuts on June 17th!!
"This live, two-hour, in-ring show will air every Saturday night from 8-10 p.m. ET and feature more wrestlers, more stories and more action to super-serve fans. “AEW: Collision” will feature headliners including Miro, Samoa Joe, Thunder Rosa, Powerhouse Hobbs, and Andrade El Idolo."

The AEW Collision logo is an homage to the WCW Nitro logo

Kota Ibushi, when asked which wrestler, besides Kenny, he wants to have a tag team match with:

“Giulia. She has a wonderful strong heart. I think me and her have many similarities. I think it's probably the strongest tag team. If I did one. I have changed the landscape of pro wrestling in many unique ways”

At 400 days, Bianca Belair has become the longest reigning Raw Women’s Champion in WWE history.
Yet no one cares. Don't get me wrong, she's a great athlete, possibly the best female athlete in wwe history. But, damn, she's a charisma black hole. Smile and skip to the ring. That's it. Literally, that's it.

She needs a full blown heel turn. Her offense is more of a villain offense as it is. They won't because of the reality show, but I think it would really get over.

At 400 days, Bianca Belair has become the longest reigning Raw Women’s Champion in WWE history.
Yet no one cares. Don't get me wrong, she's a great athlete, possibly the best female athlete in wwe history. But, damn, she's a charisma black hole. Smile and skip to the ring. That's it. Literally, that's it.

she's fallen into the Cena issue. She needs to turn heel. Super athletic but she's super bland and boring.

PWInsider reports there is smoke to the fire of rumors that CM Punk fell out with AEW again. Punk was pulled from advertisements for AEW Collision just before the WBD Upfronts.
Mike Johnson confirms he's heard that this new situation had to do with Ace Steel's potential return.

Fightful reports Ace Steel was set to return to AEW but he may not be backstage physically. Other rumors suggest Ace Steel was rehired before AEW legal discovered he's not actually allowed in the building.

she's fallen into the Cena issue. She needs to turn heel. Super athletic but she's super bland and boring.
I mean, it's even worse when you compare her to the other champion Rhea Ripley. Rhea is hitting on all cylinders right now. It's honestly embarrassing. That being said though, Ripley is better than anyone right now not named Rhodes or Reigns.

I mean, it's even worse when you compare her to the other champion Rhea Ripley. Rhea is hitting on all cylinders right now. It's honestly embarrassing. That being said though, Ripley is better than anyone right now not named Rhodes or Reigns.

She has the same moves constantly too. Nothing ever changes. The worst part is we're legit talking about the wrestler and persona but there's people out there who will think the hate is a race thing which it isn't. She really needs to go heel. Her personality is just stale.

She has the same moves constantly too. Nothing ever changes. The worst part is we're legit talking about the wrestler and persona but there's people out there who will think the hate is a race thing which it isn't. She really needs to go heel. Her personality is just stale.
Cornette put it perfectly on his podcast a few weeks ago. She comes to the ring, she's twirling her hair and skipping to the ring. She gets beat up, she's twirling her hair and skipping to the ring. Her best friend gets attacked and she's twirling her hair and skipping to the ring. She has no other personality than that. Cornette hypothesized that you'd have to set her on fire to get anything else out of her.

RIP The Superstar Billy Graham AKA The wrestler that Ric Flair stole his gimmick from.
Actually, he stole more from Jackie Fargo and the original Nature Boy.
Two other guys that I wish I could have seen more of.

Watched an old Flair vs. Billy Jack Haynes match on Amazon Prime the other night. Young Bogart put Haynes in the same group as Magnum TA, just thought both were going to be huge stars. Flair was masterful in the match, working to a time limit draw where he just barely holds out against Haynes full nelson lock.

Indy wrestler Kylie Rae is pregnant.

I mean congrats to her but with her mental issues the last thing any good DR would want is her bringing a child into this world right now. I'm talking about this from experience with a bipolar uncle. Wife and him thought bringing a child in would help she got pregnant. 6 yrs later now they are separated. Still gets to see the kid but both my uncle aunt and cousin all live out of state so we can't really help as much if we wanted too.

I wish everyone the best of luck here

Sounds like Punk has pulled out of AEW again or had a set back with talks. Collision is suppose to debut in CHI but if things don't work out with Punk back up plan is Jacksonvilee.

I'm a huge fan of tournaments especially King/Queen of The Ring, G1, etc etc right now Best of Super JRs in NJPW is alive and kicking. However I do enjoy the WWE tourneys but the matches are so Watertown from what they could be moves wise. I've heard so many rumors reasons but the biggest one anyone I've talked to within the company or have left is that Vince never wanted his top talent who wasn't as good in the ring being exposed as less talent. Vince is more of a character driven company over in ring action and always feared if people saw some of the other talent breaking out crazy stuff or really good stuff they'd turn on the people he's pushing like a John Cena. Finn Balor and Aj Styles move set has been watered down. When Rey Mystero came in with Eddie they were watered down. So many over the yrs character and promo wise watered down do to WWE style they wanted.

I'm a huge Lucha Libra style wrestling fan and I think this would be cool but unless WWE welcomes bringing in other talent and working with other promotions this looks more like another WWE giving themselves an ego stroke of "hey look can't say we didn't do this."

Nick Khan revealed during the MoffettNathanson's Inaugural Technology, Media, and Telecom Conference that a WWE Lucha Libre show is under consideration and heavily being discussed by officials internally.
Any show would launch after the organisation's media rights deals in the United States and UK are settled

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa are slated to receive a major push following the upcoming Night of Champions pay-per-view and in the build to Money in the Bank, after they reform DIY. It is unknown when exactly Ciampa will return but the Raw after Night of Champions on May 29th is considered the logical date.

NJPW World Television Champion Zack Sabre Jr. and Ring of Honor World Television Champion Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal has been made for this coming Thursday’s ROH TV on “Honor Club”.
If Daniels/Sydal win, they will both receive a shot at their opponents championships at a later date.

Rhonda and Shayna have been pegged to win these belts for awhile

Michael Cole announces that Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez have relinquished the Womens Tag Titles due to Liv Morgan’s injury
New Champions will be decided on RAW in 2 weeks. Raquel will find a new partner.

Last Wednesday on “Dynamite”, the broadcast went backstage to show Renee Paquette approaching MJF to ask for his thoughts about what had just happened between the 3 of his opponents for Double or Nothing. MJF wasn't in the mood to talk and slapped the microphone out of Renee’s hand before walking away.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the original plan for MJF was for a promo segment involving his Double or Nothing opponents and Britt Baker. Baker would have ended the segment by telling Friedman that even if he wins at the pay-per-view, he won't have the title for long "Bay Bay". The segment didn't take place as "there was something about it that was deemed not good” by AEW officials.

Meltzer noted the idea is for Adam Cole to be the next challenger for the World Championship and that AEW scrapped the segment, as people would assume from the Britt call-out that MJF would be winning at the PPV.

MJF is currently the favorite to win the Four Way at the May 28th pay-per-view, emanating from Las Vegas.

WOR: There were several promotional materials made, including the official show poster of AEW “Collision”, with CM Punk in the front and center of everything

However, days before the official unveiling at the Upfronts, AEW and CM Punk hit a snag in their discussions on a return and he was pulled from everything either the night before or the day of.

The “snag” was apparently concerning enough for AEW not to announce where the first official show will take place (heavily rumored to be Chicago) and AEW reportedly had Daily’s Place in Jacksonville as a backup, in case things with Punk really fell through.

It does appear now that “Collision” will take place at the United Center on June 17th as planned and the tag line for the show will be “The Second Coming”.

Users who are viewing this thread