What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games *** (1 Viewer)

Love the Olympics.

Time to dust off my Olympics Expert Analysis Schtick, where I sit here and watch these random events and comment to my wife as if I know everything about these sports:

- that guy just missed a full rotation on that jump

- she better start brushing in front of that curling stone or else they won't block the Chinese

- that jump was a little flat coming off the mogul

- i cannot believe she chose to follow a spin with a triple

It's great fun every night for two and a half weeks. Not so much for my wife.  :banned:

Love the Olympics.

Time to dust off my Olympics Expert Analysis Schtick, where I sit here and watch these random events and comment to my wife as if I know everything about these sports:

- that guy just missed a full rotation on that jump

- she better start brushing in front of that curling stone or else they won't block the Chinese

- that jump was a little flat coming off the mogul

- i cannot believe she chose to follow a spin with a triple

It's great fun every night for two and a half weeks. Not so much for my wife.  :banned:
Me watching Olympics:

(some one doesn’t nail a triple flip/spin/twist by 4 millimeters)

Me [through a mouthful of Bugles] “Ha, what a loser.”

Last edited by a moderator:
My typical shtick is, "Meh, I could do that if I really wanted to, but what's the point?" then I reach for another handful of Bugles. 

I think I'll be rooting for Shani Davis to lose. What a crybaby.

Apparently him and someone else tied as to who would carry the torch. He lost on a coin flip and whined about it via Twitter with #Blackhistorymonth....as if that had anything to do with the story. He then skipped the opening ceremony. What an entitled jackass. 

I think I'll be rooting for Shani Davis to lose. What a crybaby.

Apparently him and someone else tied as to who would carry the torch. He lost on a coin flip and whined about it via Twitter with #Blackhistorymonth....as if that had anything to do with the story. He then skipped the opening ceremony. What an entitled jackass. 
gee, i wonder if the p#### hat brigade will now go after Davis- because, ya know, it was a lady who got to carry the flag - Davis' tirade reeks of misogyny - 

but, yeah, i wouldn't hold my breath on that happening  :unsure:

oh, and #### him  :ptts:

I already hate team USA - sit down to watch some curling, see a brother sister truck-driving team from Wisconsin - he looks like he is wearing a MAGA hat - and they are terrible - losing to a Korean team.  Sad.

ETA - nm, I see this has been covered.  

I already hate team USA - sit down to watch some curling, see a brother sister truck-driving team from Wisconsin - he looks like he is wearing a MAGA hat - and they are terrible - losing to a Korean team.  Sad.

ETA - nm, I see this has been covered.  
What do you mean he looks like he’s wearing a maga hat? Was he or wasn’t he?

This director has ADD.  Just stay on the one camera zoomed all the way out.   WTF are they doing focusing on individuals faces.  

They streamed it live with zero commentary this morning. I only had time to watch about 10 minutes but it was wonderful.

Of course no trace of a replay on their streaming app :rant:

On behalf of the female poster(s), I'd like to welcome officially to the Games the flag bearers from New Zealand (hillbilly-named Beau-James Wells) and Timor-Leste (Yohan Goncalves Goutt).  And the dude from Tonga.  Always the dude from Tonga.  He might have a name, too - doooooooon't care.

They streamed it live with zero commentary this morning. I only had time to watch about 10 minutes but it was wonderful.

Of course no trace of a replay on their streaming app :rant:
Ok they’re gong to stream it starting in the AM.

Been nice if they said that 2 hours ago.

Has there always been artificial tracks for the skis during ski jumping? I always thought the ruts were made by the skiers because of repetitive runs. #eddietheeagle

Has there always been artificial tracks for the skis during ski jumping? I always thought the ruts were made by the skiers because of repetitive runs. #eddietheeagle
I thought the same thing as I was watching it. 

That sport is really boring though. I only made it through like 5 jumps.

I thought the same thing as I was watching it. 

That sport is really boring though. I only made it through like 5 jumps.
That's probably one where a tape delay benefits it. Just sitting there waiting for the wind to change was excruciating. 

Also, why is it not just longest jump. Why are they judging landings?

Users who are viewing this thread