What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games *** (1 Viewer)

I’ll be honest. It’s irritating to me that Russia is in the Olympics but not in the Olympics. 
Stop waffling and ban them for real
Meh. No reason why athletes who have trained for years should have to suffer becaause of what happened. Especially not that curler chick

17 year old Red Gerard just put down a potential gold medal run the snowboard slopestyle.  He's in 1st but the favorites still to make their final runs.

17 year old Red Gerard just put down a potential gold medal run the snowboard slopestyle.  He's in 1st but the favorites still to make their final runs.
Mark McMorris had a gold medal run going and just botched the landing on his final jump.  Looks like Gerard will at least medal for the US.

Mark McMorris had a gold medal run going and just botched the landing on his final jump.  Looks like Gerard will at least medal for the US.
Kleveland somehow crumbles and misses the landing off one of the early jumps.  Gerard in first, McMorris in 2nd and will medal for Canada.

My order of favorite to least favorite (quickly put together while high)

alpine skiing
curling
short track
snowboarding
hockey
freestyle skiing
figure skating
biathlon
cross country
bobsled
skeleton
luge
nordic combined
ski jump

That's probably one where a tape delay benefits it. Just sitting there waiting for the wind to change was excruciating. 

Also, why is it not just longest jump. Why are they judging landings?
this was throwing me off. "style points" in jumping? what the hell for?

this was throwing me off. "style points" in jumping? what the hell for?
A 130 meter jump with a fall on the landing shouldn't be better than a 129 meter jump with a solid landing. I can see it. 

But I see your point, too. Farthest jump wins, period. 

ETA : So basically, I have nothing to contribute, but I wanted to be heard. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Short track speed skating is the best sport in the Winter Olympics, period. Love watching this stuff. 
I’m blown away there isn’t a 5-6 person crash on every turn.

The NBC Olympic Channel carried the short track World Cup season.  At every stop, the Korea women destroyed the relay.  So when they fell early in the relay heat today, I knew it wasn’t over.  But I didn’t think they would break the Olympics relay record after they rallied.

I’m blown away there isn’t a 5-6 person crash on every turn.

The NBC Olympic Channel carried the short track World Cup season.  At every stop, the Korea women destroyed the relay.  So when they fell early in the relay heat today, I knew it wasn’t over.  But I didn’t think they would break the Olympics relay record after they rallied.
That race was incredible. I knew better than to forget about them, but that comeback was amazing!

That race was incredible. I knew better than to forget about them, but that comeback was amazing!
USA had a lousy world cup season so don't expect them to win any medals.  

Korea is the deepest team on both the men's and women's side.  

Outside of Korea... Canada has the best team.  Charles Hamelin is terrific was my favorite to watch skate during the World Cup.  Him and Sam Girard should win medals.

IMO the best female skater non-Korea is Elise Christie from Great Britain.  Kim Boutin from Canada is really good, too.  

Like, this Andy Reid-### lookin curler who is 100% from Wisconsin DEFINITELY is ready for a Miller Lite. He's huffing and puffing out there. 
The team is a brother-sister combination who ##### at each other passive-aggressively like you would expect siblings from the upper midwest to do.  Sometimes while a stone is in play.

Parrot with the 86.00 and will win the silver.  17 year old Red Gerard does it.  USA - Canada - Canada on the podium.
Just watching this now (went out for the night but TiVo'd through all the figure skating garbage) - this was freaking amazing.  This is why I love the Olympics so much - watching sports like this that are just insanity.  I actually thought Parrot would win based on how clean all those jumps were, but I guess the bits up top did it for the kid.  U-S-A!

Just watching this now (went out for the night but TiVo'd through all the figure skating garbage) - this was freaking amazing.  This is why I love the Olympics so much - watching sports like this that are just insanity.  I actually thought Parrot would win based on how clean all those jumps were, but I guess the bits up top did it for the kid.  U-S-A!
I was surprised they gave it to Gerard.  I thought Parrot's run was probably better, but it was conservative, I guess too conservative.

Most probably would've considered Marcus Kleveland to be the favorite....multiple time reigning X Games champ.  McMorris is a legend in the sport but coming off a major injury in the past year.  Parrot was certainly one of the top few favorites and Stale Sandbech too.  Gerard didn't even medal at X Games 2 weeks ago, he finished 4th.

:goodposting:   I'm not sure it's even close for me.  I love the chaos.  And still Apolo Anton Ohno. :wub:  
I was watching short track earlier with my eternally cynical 13 year old son. Ohno is a TV commentator for short track. 

My son says something to the effect of "Listen to this guy trying to sound like he cares about this nothing sport." 

I had to stop myself from smacking him upside the head. I managed to calmly say that the guy talking was the greatest short track skater the USA has ever had, and that the South Koreans always win this event EXCEPT when Apollo was racing.

Don't denigrate short track speed skating when daddy's watching the Olympics, son. You might end up getting hurt. 

Users who are viewing this thread