What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Not a terrible draw...gotta feel good about that. The rest of the group is more critical though than the top seed

US into group C it looks like with England. Worst possible outcome.
I don't think you get how this works...
No, I do get how this works. The US is 2-7-0 all time against England. This includes 1 win in 1950 against them in a WC match. Not a spectacular record. Although we do not have a spectacular record against any European team. Potentially this could be the year for the US to beat England as they have had their struggles. However, as someone else mentioned, if we were to advance the likelihood that we get Germany in the knockout phase. We'll see how the rest of it goes. And as I type this we catch a break with Algeria!!! Not so bah humbug now.

Ivory Coast - Brazil will be a great game. Mark that one down.

Algeria is a great draw for the US - very good so far. Just avoid Portugal and France and we've got a fighting chance.

No, I do get how this works. The US is 2-7-0 all time against England. This includes 1 win in 1950 against them in a WC match. Not a spectacular record. Although we do not have a spectacular record against any European team. Potentially this could be the year for the US to beat England as they have had their struggles. However, as someone else mentioned, if we were to advance the likelihood that we get Germany in the knockout phase. We'll see how the rest of it goes. And as I type this we catch a break with Algeria!!! Not so bah humbug now.
You can play the 'if we advance' guess game, but the fact is playing England gives them a much better chance to get a result than Spain / Brazil / Holland

I'm on the lag but YES - Algeria is a resonable team to draw.

If we can just get a team starting with SLO from Pot 4....

Worst possible outcome means something different than you think it means... unless you'd rather the US play against Brazil, Spain or Argentina?Other than SA, what other outcome did you want out of that?

You can play the 'if we advance' guess game, but the fact is playing England gives them a much better chance to get a result than Spain / Brazil / Holland
True Wilked. Focus on the group play first. Agreed we have a much better chance against England than any of the others..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread