What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

U.S. got a very good draw, as did Germany.

Groups A, B and G look very tough.

Actually, Spain and Italy also have cake walks through the first round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Group C

England

USA

Algeria

Slovenia

Group D

Germany

Australia

Ghana

Serbia

Hell of a draw for potential 2nd round opponents.

Italy is very happy right now - they've got a cakewalk.

Great draw for the US - could not have asked for much better than this. Now we need to get everyone healthy and get ready to make some noise in this tournament.

Of course, the USA probably chokes hard, but after the pools were selected a few days ago, I thought things would end up horrible for the team. There are no pushovers, but the USA and England are obvious favorites to advance...England's fans are probably dancing in the streets...

Of course, the USA probably chokes hard, but after the pools were selected a few days ago, I thought things would end up horrible for the team. There are no pushovers, but the USA and England are obvious favorites to advance...England's fans are probably dancing in the streets...
Donovan and Beckham... The media are going to love this match.

I'm glad that the Mexicans got stuck with France. Playing South Africa in the opening game is probably the toughest situation they could've had for that. Uruguay probably was the easiest of the 3 South American teams for them.

Glad Honduras has a fighting chance.

And poor Kim Jung Il --- :popcorn:

-QG

I'm glad that the Mexicans got stuck with France. Playing South Africa in the opening game is probably the toughest situation they could've had for that. Uruguay probably was the easiest of the 3 South American teams for them.Glad Honduras has a fighting chance.And poor Kim Jung Il --- :popcorn: -QG
I heard he was suiting up as striker. Leading scorer in the league this year.

Is Beckham on the team for sure?

Watched on ESPN 360.

I was pissed when MEX got that South Africa slot. Luck SOBs.

The USA / ENG ticket will be HOT. I'm definitely gonna be at that game. The US got a great draw with 2 mediocre to bottom half teams. I'm shocked that USA nor MEX was group of death.

The two most interesting groups are the (G) brazil, portugal, ivory coast, north korea and (B) Argentina, Greece, Nigeria, South Korea. Awesome stuff.

Is Beckham on the team for sure?
Not so much yet. His loan is his effort to make the roster. Lead picture on espn.com right now is Donovan and Beckham from a Galaxy match. Guess I should have qualified that with an if Beckham makes the roster the media will have a field day with it.

This is all about the colonizers vs. the colonies:

ENG / USA

SPA / HON / CHL

POR / BRA

gnarly old skool hatred there, even if nowadays these countries are much closer due to cultural ties.

I'm definitely going to be sporting some Don't Tread on Me stuff and other Revolutionary War bits.

This is all about the colonizers vs. the colonies:ENG / USASPA / HON / CHLPOR / BRAgnarly old skool hatred there, even if nowadays these countries are much closer due to cultural ties.I'm definitely going to be sporting some Don't Tread on Me stuff and other Revolutionary War bits.
Good call there...Doesn't Sam's Army already use the Don't Tread on Me flag as their assumed flag?

This is all about the colonizers vs. the colonies:ENG / USASPA / HON / CHLPOR / BRAgnarly old skool hatred there, even if nowadays these countries are much closer due to cultural ties.I'm definitely going to be sporting some Don't Tread on Me stuff and other Revolutionary War bits.
powdered wig?

Group E

Netherlands

Denmark

Japan

Cameroon

First game vs Denmark, last game vs Cameroon. Nice. No complaints here.

Group F

Italy

Paraguay

New Zealand

Slovakia

Not bad either. I like our chances against any of these teams in a potential 2nd round match up.

Potential match up with Brazil in the quarter finals should it get to that point for both countries.

Users who are viewing this thread