What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

This was a long time coming

http://www.thesportsblaze.com/minnesota-mls-announcement/14072siiThrerfjhdfjhdsESPN today will formally announce Old school bundesliga fans will like this.its purchase of a U.S. package of European soccer rightsthat was agreed to nearly 10 months ago. ESPN agreed to pay around $110M for a package that includes Euro '20 and its qualifiers, the European '22 World Cup qualifiers, a planned UEFA Nations League tournament of friendlies in '18 and '20 and the UEFA Nations League Final Four in '19 and '21. ESPN outbid beIN Sports, Fox Sports and NBC Sports for the package. Univision picked up the Spanish-language rights in the U.S. for around $70M.fjhsdfjkhdsfkjdsfjkfdshjdfshdfsjhsdfkjhsdfkjsdh'kjdfshdfkjsh

does my previous post look like hell to anyone else or is it just my browser?

http://www.thesportsblaze.com/minnesota-mls-announcement/14072siiThrerfjhdfjhdsESPN today will formally announce Old school bundesliga fans will like this.its purchase of a U.S. package of European soccer rightsthat was agreed to nearly 10 months ago. ESPN agreed to pay around $110M for a package that includes Euro '20 and its qualifiers, the European '22 World Cup qualifiers, a planned UEFA Nations League tournament of friendlies in '18 and '20 and the UEFA Nations League Final Four in '19 and '21. ESPN outbid beIN Sports, Fox Sports and NBC Sports for the package. Univision picked up the Spanish-language rights in the U.S. for around $70M.fjhsdfjkhdsfkjdsfjkfdshjdfshdfsjhsdfkjhsdfkjsdh'kjdfshdfkjsh

oh god yes.

not a great start to the season by arsenal but wasn't expecting much after a crappy signing season. we needed a striker and central defender and got another speedy winger

on a positive note , my soccer stadium continues on : just bought a ticket see Barcelona and Deportivo . not a great match up but excited to get to camp nou  

:goodpsoting: 

P.S. did I miss the update from Andy about both MLS teams scoring late to earn draws on the road in Champions League play yesterday?  I am assuming that he already posted it in the CONCACAF thread. 

Fun Arsenal update.  They're balking at Mustafi's asking price and moving on to Jose Gimenez,in the hope of a better deal.  Gimenez is:

1.  Younger

2.  Also a full international for a top 10 team; and

3.  A starter for a one of the top 10 (if not top 5) club teams in the world.

Something tells me they're not going to get him for less than 30 million pounds.  I'm sure they'll make a cheeky 8 million pound offer for Varane next. 

not a great start to the season by arsenal but wasn't expecting much after a crappy signing season. we needed a striker and central defender and got another speedy winger

on a positive note , my soccer stadium continues on : just bought a ticket see Barcelona and Deportivo . not a great match up but excited to get to camp nou  
you're arsenal? didn't you just build a new stadium? :confused:

I don't follow other sports -- do they have this kind of wonderful silliness in them? I mean, are there like Nick Saban video memes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun Arsenal update.  They're balking at Mustafi's asking price and moving on to Jose Gimenez,in the hope of a better deal.  Gimenez is:

1.  Younger

2.  Also a full international for a top 10 team; and

3.  A starter for a one of the top 10 (if not top 5) club teams in the world.

Something tells me they're not going to get him for less than 30 million pounds.  I'm sure they'll make a cheeky 8 million pound offer for Varane next. 
The CB market is a powderkeg ready to explode with less than two weeks to go. I think Chelsea is desperate, with good reason.  Stones might not hold the record transfer fee for long. 

The CB market is just weird.  Part of it is complicated by the fact that two of the most highly regarded young CBs (Varane and Marquinhos) don't play much, but don't seem close to being sold. 

The CB market is just weird.  Part of it is complicated by the fact that two of the most highly regarded young CBs (Varane and Marquinhos) don't play much, but don't seem close to being sold. 
Feels like the QB market in the NFL.  Everyone wants and needs one but too many teams cant seem to find one.

Rojo may be for sale.

Part of the blame has to fall on ManCity. They bought Kompany 7 or 8 years ago and have bought another cb  every summer since, trying to find a partner for him. Boateng, savic, lescott, Nastasic, Demichelis. The last three have come for 30, then 40, then 50 million with Mangala, Otamendi and Stones. 

Users who are viewing this thread