What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (2 Viewers)

So Mahrez re-signed with Leicester. Really good for them.  I'm glad to see most of the gang staying together for one shot in the CL. 

Now they need to get out there and make a signing or two before the transfer window ends.

Leicester have signed at least four new players this summer.  Musa and Mendy, at the least, would figure to be a big part of the team.  And they've only lost Kante.  They have held up far better than anyone could have expected, IMO. 
held up, in regards to keeping their players? yeah- thought for sure they'd get ransacked.

I still maintain that they'll be mid-table at best... but I'll enjoy them knocking some teams down again this year, and will hope that they can stay up in europe contention.

I don't know anything about Musa other than what he showed in the first game- looked promising with pace and skills, but the team shape looked better once Okasaki checked in (my favorite guy from last year's team... always smiling and sweating profusely- I think he tells his barber to make him look "harried"). really glad they re-upped Mahrez... they'd be done without him. hoping he and the rest of the key players stay healthy again... already saw what the team looks like without Huth.

held up, in regards to keeping their players? yeah- thought for sure they'd get ransacked.

I still maintain that they'll be mid-table at best... but I'll enjoy them knocking some teams down again this year, and will hope that they can stay up in europe contention.

I don't know anything about Musa other than what he showed in the first game- looked promising with pace and skills, but the team shape looked better once Okasaki checked in (my favorite guy from last year's team... always smiling and sweating profusely- I think he tells his barber to make him look "harried"). really glad they re-upped Mahrez... they'd be done without him. hoping he and the rest of the key players stay healthy again... already saw what the team looks like without Huth.
The Kaputska acquisition looks like a good one for the future.

The European games will test their depth and they have very little margin for injury but there's no reason they can't compete with mid-table EPL clubs like Everton, Southampton and Arsenal.

The Kaputska acquisition looks like a good one for the future.

The European games will test their depth and they have very little margin for injury but there's no reason they can't compete with mid-table EPL clubs like Everton, Southampton and Arsenal.
already forgot about him even though I talked him up when they signed him- yeah- good pick up.

hey- if they can somehow stay injury-free, find somebody to pick up the second balls that kante hoovered, juggle players during what will likely be a short european stint and somehow desperately defend again and keep the goals out and somehow score the goal or two on their handful of counters... yeah... everything should be great.

I'll take it for Tottenham.

Group A

Benfica

Bayer Leverkusen

PSV Eindhoven

FC Salzburg

Group B

FC Barcelona

Manchester City

Olympique Lyon

APOEL Nicosia

Group C

Bayern München

Arsenal

Sporting CP Lisbon

Besiktas

Group D

Juventus

Sevilla

FC Basel

Viktoria Plzen

Group E

CSKA Moscow

FC Porto

Tottenham Hotspur

Legia Warsaw

Group F

Real Madrid

Borussia Dortmund

Dinamo Kiev

Club Brugge

Group G

Paris Saint-Germain

Atlético Madrid

Ajax

Borussia Mönchengladb.

Group H

Leicester City

Napoli

Villarreal

Celtic

Last edited by a moderator:

Group A

Real Madrid

Manchester City

PSV Eindhoven

Celtic

Group B

Juventus

FC Porto

Villarreal

APOEL Nicosia

Group C

CSKA Moscow

Arsenal

Olympique Lyon

Borussia Mönchengladb.

Group D

Bayern München

Sevilla

Dinamo Kiev

Legia Warsaw

Group E

Benfica

Atlético Madrid

Ajax

Club Brugge

Group F

Leicester City

Borussia Dortmund

FC Basel

Viktoria Plzen

Group G

FC Barcelona

Napoli

Tottenham Hotspur

Besiktas

Group H

Paris Saint-Germain

Bayer Leverkusen

Sporting CP Lisbon

FC Salzburg

Group A

Real Madrid

Manchester City

PSV Eindhoven

Celtic

Group B

Juventus

FC Porto

Villarreal

APOEL Nicosia

Group C

CSKA Moscow

Arsenal

Olympique Lyon

Borussia Mönchengladb.

Group D

Bayern München

Sevilla

Dinamo Kiev

Legia Warsaw

Group E

Benfica

Atlético Madrid

Ajax

Club Brugge

Group F

Leicester City

Borussia Dortmund

FC Basel

Viktoria Plzen

Group G

FC Barcelona

Napoli

Tottenham Hotspur

Besiktas

Group H

Paris Saint-Germain

Bayer Leverkusen

Sporting CP Lisbon

FC Salzburg
take 2:

Group A

Juventus

Borussia Dortmund

FC Basel

Legia Warsaw

Group B

Paris Saint-Germain

Sevilla

PSV Eindhoven

Viktoria Plzen

Group C

Real Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen

Tottenham Hotspur

Besiktas

Group D

Leicester City

FC Porto

Villarreal

APOEL Nicosia

Group E

Benfica

Atlético Madrid

Dinamo Kiev

Celtic

Group F

Bayern München

Napoli

Olympique Lyon

Club Brugge

Group G

FC Barcelona

Arsenal

Sporting CP Lisbon

FC Salzburg

Group H

CSKA Moscow

Manchester City

Ajax

Borussia Mönchen

Arsenal is gonna get jobbed again in the draw.  They need to "focus on the league" and win a title so that they get in Pot 1.  Otherwise they'll draw one of Bayern, Barça, or Real almost every time.

MLS and FOX Sports experienced another poor weekend with Sunday evening’s matchup between the Seattle Sounders and Real Salt Lake attracting only 50,000 viewers on FOX Sports 1 and an additional 6,000 on FOX Deportes. Not only are those the worst numbers for any game this season, they are also record lows for both networks. And the poor numbers aren’t only recent or because of the Rio Olympics. Since May 15, no MLS match on FOX Sports 1 has surpassed 200,000 viewers.

:oldunsure:

Is this a function of MLS, FOX Sports, or both?

So, it does appear to be a FS1 thing.  ESPN ratings for MLS were up pretty significantly as of the start of this month.
It is not specifically an FS1 thing.

The Rio games have lowered MLS ratings every where.  

The FS1 ratings are taking an extra hit because Fox has been showing the bigger MLS games on the Fox network itself.  If those games were on FS1 as normal, the FS1 ratings would obviously be higher as well.

Sinn Fein said:
MLS and FOX Sports experienced another poor weekend with Sunday evening’s matchup between the Seattle Sounders and Real Salt Lake attracting only 50,000 viewers on FOX Sports 1 and an additional 6,000 on FOX Deportes. Not only are those the worst numbers for any game this season, they are also record lows for both networks. And the poor numbers aren’t only recent or because of the Rio Olympics. Since May 15, no MLS match on FOX Sports 1 has surpassed 200,000 viewers.

:oldunsure:

Is this a function of MLS, FOX Sports, or both?
speaking for myself... #### FOX for soccer.

It is not specifically an FS1 thing.

The Rio games have lowered MLS ratings every where.  

The FS1 ratings are taking an extra hit because Fox has been showing the bigger MLS games on the Fox network itself.  If those games were on FS1 as normal, the FS1 ratings would obviously be higher as well.

speaking for myself... #### FOX for soccer.
what if they stick Joe Buck on the call..... :wall:  

You liked Musa's skills?  Granted it was his first game, but I saw none of that.  I thought he was extremely disappointing.. just looks like a raw, pace monster...kinda like a certain Ivorian, who now displays his wares in China.  This is obviously subject to change, but I expected more from Leicester's "record-signing"...

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with Fox's coverage.  I know that people hate Alexi, but he didn't hurt ESPN's ratings.  But FS1 itself is kind of a dumpster fire and I think people just don't make a point of watching it.  And a 10PM ET MLS game isn't the type of thing people make a point of going out to find. 

You liked Musa's skills?  Granted it was his first game, but I saw none of that.  I thought he was extremely disappointing.. just looks like a raw, pace monster...kinda like a certain Ivorian, who now displays his wares in China.  This is obviously subject to change, but I expected more from Leicester's "record-signing"...
He did set Vardy up with a gilt edged chance that our favorite racist skied over the bar.  

I watch CL and maybe EL games on Fox -- I think, I don't pay real close attention because I mostly record the afternoon games and fast forward through the talking heads. Even in my favorite sport, I'm pretty talked out. I won't even listen to a Southampton interview. Unless Rebecca is conducting it, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread