What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (11 Viewers)

This really is for July 2018?  WTF?
Keita has a buy out clause of some 40-ishM, but it's only effective next summer. 

He's refused a few contract renewals from RBL, so he does want to go somewhere.

This prevents him going bosman or accepting a different deal in the next 6 months from another team. 

Pretty smart, really 

:lol:  Now reports of Chelsea loaning Costa to Everton until January, when he would sold to Atletico.

Actually a pretty smart move by Chelsea - make Everton stronger when they play Spurs and ManUnited.

:lol:  Now reports of Chelsea loaning Costa to Everton until January, when he would sold to Atletico.

Actually a pretty smart move by Chelsea - make Everton stronger when they play Spurs and ManUnited.
Apparently Atletico wanted to sign him and immediately loan him to Everton, but since they cannot register him until January they are asking Chelsea to do it :dizzy:

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
He's arguably been one of the top 3 players in the EPL for the past 2 years.  He was integral to both Leicester and then Chelsea.  He covers an immense amount of ground and breaks up so many plays without fouling it's not even funny.  
I meant Keita...he's compared to Kante a lot.

I think he takes Moses' place before the end of the year....
Is he that good?  I keep reading that he can't cross, which is pretty important in that role.  Of course, its not really Moses' strength either. At minimum I suppose he can fill in, help with rotation as they get into the busy season.

Is he that good?  I keep reading that he can't cross, which is pretty important in that role.  Of course, its not really Moses' strength either. At minimum I suppose he can fill in, help with rotation as they get into the busy season.
he had a solid year last season... but is Moses even that good? I'd put them on basically even footing given what I"ve seen of each.

he had a solid year last season... but is Moses even that good? I'd put them on basically even footing given what I"ve seen of each.
Moses looked more like the red sea yesterday... 

P.S.  am just happy to have another homegrown, english player on teh squad. 

I will not be particularly happy if Arsenal enters a long period of being just another "ok" club unless they are replaced in the Big 7 rotation by a club already in the group of "ok" clubs. I like the rat race at the top of the table even if it affects the PL clubs' European performances and would not like to see it become the Big 6. Newcastle would be a nice replacement if they weren't owned by a Jimmy Dolan equivalent.

Look man, I'm a Bills fan............I can stomach a few down years for Arsenal.  I don't think I even knew what Arsenal FC was the last time the Bills made the playoffs.
:lmao:  This is exactly what my son and I were talking about toward the end of the game on Sunday.  That game sucked, but it's not like it was the first time we watched our team roll and die on national television.

:lmao:  This is exactly what my son and I were talking about toward the end of the game on Sunday.  That game sucked, but it's not like it was the first time we watched our team roll and die on national television.
That said, Arsenal is supposed to be my guilty pleasure "good" team that keeps my spirits afloat.  The Bills suck.  The USMNT is good but they're not a realistic contender for a World Cup title.  My alma mater sucks at college football.  Arsenal is my soccer equivalent to Alabama football, a team that I've liked for awhile even though I have no actual connection to them (I've spent like 3 days of my life, total, in the state of Alabama and I've never been to London, no family connections, whatever) that buoys my sports interests by being pretty competitive when my other teams are mostly garbage.

I'm at odds with 99% of Liverpool fans on this one.  I think he's 100% leaving.  I know "it's business", but he abandoned the team during a very important stretch run.  Also, from the moment he put in his transfer request, you never heard Jurgen Klopp once say he's "not for sale".  That's the line emanating from Liverpool to their journalists (who basically are just club mouthpieces).

Ox, Sanchez, Keita...all these guys wanted to move but they still at least played.  Coutinho didn't.  He sat out, faked injury and now has turned up to Brazil in 100% health.

It would be bordering on financial negligence to NOT sell a player for 135M pounds that has no desire to be there. I mean...I love Coutinho....But that fee is absolutely insane.. I think he's absolutely gone and the Lemar news, especially if that ends up happening, confirms it.

Bye Coutinho, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

That said, Arsenal is supposed to be my guilty pleasure "good" team that keeps my spirits afloat.  The Bills suck.  The USMNT is good but they're not a realistic contender for a World Cup title.  My alma mater sucks at college football.  Arsenal is my soccer equivalent to Alabama football, a team that I've liked for awhile even though I have no actual connection to them (I've spent like 3 days of my life, total, in the state of Alabama and I've never been to London, no family connections, whatever) that buoys my sports interests by being pretty competitive when my other teams are mostly garbage.
Roll Tide

My arm-chair trequartista opinion is that Moses is not a special player by any means.  He's probably the weakest of the regular starters and the one position on Chelsea where I was hoping for an upgrade this summer.  Failing that, if the two of them can tag-team RWB, its probably a pretty good acquisition.

I will not be particularly happy if Arsenal enters a long period of being just another "ok" club unless they are replaced in the Big 7 rotation by a club already in the group of "ok" clubs. I like the rat race at the top of the table even if it affects the PL clubs' European performances and would not like to see it become the Big 6. Newcastle would be a nice replacement if they weren't owned by a Jimmy Dolan equivalent.
I have no idea if what I"m about to say is true, as I heard it on Arsenal Fan TV....but I heard that they have the highest matchday revenue of any team in world football?  That's what one of their irate fans said.  If that's true, I think longterm they will be fine.

There are many parallels across sports of older coaches just losing their ability to adapt.  Even if Wenger is 90% of what he used to be, he's in a stronger league.  A league where everyone is flush with cash and the top 6 all have great coaches.  

It might do the team some good to absolutely bottom out this year and start over with no European football and a new coach.  

My arm-chair trequartista opinion is that Moses is not a special player by any means.  He's probably the weakest of the regular starters and the one position on Chelsea where I was hoping for an upgrade this summer.  Failing that, if the two of them can tag-team RWB, its probably a pretty good acquisition.
To me, Ox is a pretty significant upgrade over Moses, so I like the deal for Chelsea.   :thumbup:

I have no idea if what I"m about to say is true, as I heard it on Arsenal Fan TV....but I heard that they have the highest matchday revenue of any team in world football?  That's what one of their irate fans said.  If that's true, I think longterm they will be fine.

There are many parallels across sports of older coaches just losing their ability to adapt.  Even if Wenger is 90% of what he used to be, he's in a stronger league.  A league where everyone is flush with cash and the top 6 all have great coaches.  

It might do the team some good to absolutely bottom out this year and start over with no European football and a new coach.  
I would also like Alabama to spend a decade in the bottom half of the SEC tables.

I really like Drinkwater for Chelsea. We all loved Matic, but he understandably didn't want a bench role and its good to see the club accommodate him, even if it might help a rival. Drinkwater is a vet who will join the club knowing he's not an every day guy, but filling a very important role.

I really like Drinkwater for Chelsea. We all loved Matic, but he understandably didn't want a bench role and its good to see the club accommodate him, even if it might help a rival. Drinkwater is a vet who will join the club knowing he's not an every day guy, but filling a very important role.
And he's english!

Plus he looks like Pope on Animal Kingdom. Makes you think he could go all psycho at any moment.

good connection with kante to boot.

sure- why not. I'd think they could do better, but he's probably not pricey and tick-tock and all.

I honestly never expected what happened with them and as crazy as it is, I feel like I'm set for life with college football.  It was a fun ride.
Solid tude. Especially in light of potentially spending years in the post-St. Nick era lamenting that his replacements aren't good enough. I know you were there for a while but it's time for a return to those days (think Nebraska, where a Solich-Pellini-Riley argument is somehow raging across my twitter feed even now).

You ought to hear what I wish for Pats and Colts fans.

Solid tude. Especially in light of potentially spending years in the post-St. Nick era lamenting that his replacements aren't good enough. I know you were there for a while but it's time for a return to those days (think Nebraska, where a Solich-Pellini-Riley argument is somehow raging across my twitter feed even now).

You ought to hear what I wish for Pats and Colts fans.
I'm hoping for a Les Miles-ish slow decline to just being another top team.  But enough about Bama.  Liverpool is where my heart is now.

Breaking up the onomatopoetic partnership with Schlupp.  :cry:

gianmarco said:
Arsenal transfer news: Alexis Sanchez could sign for Liverpool if Coutinho sold

:oldunsure:
He's not because he's not

I hope Sanchez enjoyed his stay in London. Next time don't listen to the wife

Sinn Fein said:

It will be hard to help when he's sitting behind Everton Legend Wayne Rooney. Or already seen the red he was never quite able to get but always wanted at Chelsea.

shader said:

Could be true, I believe the have the highest ticket prices in the EPL....

Users who are viewing this thread