What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Also, why isn't Monaco big enough to keep guys like Silva, Mbappe, Lemar, etc? That team was fun to watch last year and would have been a fun core to watch grow over the years.

Last year a record 64 amateur teams entered the US Open Cup qualifying.  This year that number has skyrocketed up to 108.

Nothing like a Cinderella story(Maryland's Christos FC) to make every one want to be the bell of the ball...
My Sunday league team actually has 3-4 teams under its banner.  Im on the old man over 35 team.  But we do have two younger teams that are pretty good.  For the 2nd year in a row their draw is with Wynalda's team.  Last year they lost 2-1 on a BS PK/red card just after the half.  Hopefully this year they have a better time of it.

Calculate your own transfer value here

Your transfer fee amount
£6,524.44
£20,938,718.40

43 year old striker with decent speed, good passing and excellent scoring.

Also, why isn't Monaco big enough to keep guys like Silva, Mbappe, Lemar, etc? That team was fun to watch last year and would have been a fun core to watch grow over the years.
Its a mystery, but they seem to be doing something right on the player transaction side in the past few years with one incredible deal after another.  As a young player, it would be hard to turn down an offer to live in Monaco and play at the Stade Louis for a year or two, just to have experienced it.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
My Sunday league team actually has 3-4 teams under its banner.  Im on the old man over 35 team.  But we do have two younger teams that are pretty good.  For the 2nd year in a row their draw is with Wynalda's team.  Last year they lost 2-1 on a BS PK/red card just after the half.  Hopefully this year they have a better time of it.

£20,938,718.40

43 year old striker with decent speed, good passing and excellent scoring.
oh BS

Aaron Ramsey‏Verified account @aaronramsey

Let's all calm down, 'Shaaambles' was a nickname used as a joke for the ox sometimes around the training ground. #personaljoke

:lol:

His stats for Barcelona are pretty appalling.  He was a huge prospect and purchase for them not that long ago though.  What happened?
I think a lot is a fit problem.  He is slow and not very decisive.  He has not been able to pass the ball forward with success at Barcelona.  Either because of confidence or skill.  Often passes back to defenders instead of looking up field. 

I think a lot is a fit problem.  He is slow and not very decisive.  He has not been able to pass the ball forward with success at Barcelona.  Either because of confidence or skill.  Often passes back to defenders instead of looking up field. 
That is not going to make Spurs supporters happy...

BBC 5 live Sport‏Verified account @5liveSport

"The information I'm receiving is that Ross Barkley has turned down a move to Chelsea" - @bbcsport_david

He has said he only wanted Spurs for a while - but Spurs have not met Everton's valuation.  I would guess he will sign an extension with Everton then - his hamstring injury came at a really bad time for everyone.  Spurs not willing to pay an inflated price for a player who could be out until November.  

I still kind of hope Spurs get this one done - but it looks like they are deciding between Barkley, at a price Spurs will pay, or Gomes which will be a loan, with an option to buy.

So, I get that a player might not be available, it takes two, etc.  If Soton aren't selling, you can't buy.

But HTF does a club with money NOT SIGN ANY DEFENDERS given the state of the defense and a year to prepare?  Can't believe I'm mad about something so trivial, but no Plan B is just that stupid.

So, I get that a player might not be available, it takes two, etc.  If Soton aren't selling, you can't buy.

But HTF does a club with money NOT SIGN ANY DEFENDERS given the state of the defense and a year to prepare?  Can't believe I'm mad about something so trivial, but no Plan B is just that stupid.
talking about Virgil... what happened with him? Saints just didn't want to sell? not even to liverpool?

is he hurt too? or has he been playing? didn't he put in a transfer request.. like all those other guys?
Hurt last Jan I believe.  Yes, transfer request, and has been training on his own for a few weeks now IIRC.

Liverpool couldn't make a formal approach because they got busted breaking the rules early in the saga, so Southampton would have needed to invite a bid.  Which apparently never happened.

Don't care about that so much, but they really needed a central partner for Matip such that Lovren would be the #3 and Klavan would be depth.  And probably a left back too.  Maybe Gomez develops some, but that's a lot of eggs in a flimsy basket given the excellent state of the rest of the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to SkySports ticker, there are 6 deals pending approval, still to be announced. They are expecting them at 1am.

ETA: Edited to clarify, 6 Premier League deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread