What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

A - Bayern Munich, Man United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray
B - Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens
C - Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Berlin
D - Benfica, Inter, Salzburg, Sociedad
E - Feyenoord , Atletico, Lazio, Celtic
F - PSG, Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle
G - Man City, Leipzig, Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys
H - Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar, Antwerp

Couple quick thoughts here:
A - Bayern Munich, Man United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray
Not the worst draw for United, but going to Turkey is not really preferred. Both the distance and the fans are an issue. BM and United should advance though.
B - Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens
Cakewalk for Arsenal. PSV are okay and Sevilla can be annoying. Battle for 2nd could be fun.

D - Benfica, Inter, Salzburg, Sociedad
Should be a cake walk for Inter. Not sure who I'd tip for 2nd, but Benfica probably will be favored.

E - Feyenoord , Atletico, Lazio, Celtic
This would should be fun. You have arguably 3 of the top 7-10 ultra groups here and support will be massive. Feyenoord and Atletico should advance but never much fun traveling to Rome and Glasgow. :boxing: :

F - PSG, Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle
Best group by miles. Each team could finish first, each team could finish last.

G - Man City, Leipzig, Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys
Worst group. City and RBL breeze through. Pretty sure Young Boys plays on some crazy turf, but they're not that good. Red Star Belgrade not on this level of competition.

H - Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar, Antwerp
Barca and Porto obvious favorites here.

I left one group out, but will write it up in a bit. My personal favorite group.

Last edited:
C - Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Berlin
This group is going to be great.
Napoli coming off their 3rd scudetto and first since George H Bush playing with a chip on their shoulders for sure. They resisted the urge to see some of their top end talent, but couldn't resist BM's offer for Kim, aka The Monster. They have a very nice attack with young and exciting players. Oshiman gets all the headlines, but for my money Khvicha is the most dangerous player in the attack. The only thing I'd be wary of here is the change from Spaletti to Garcia as manager will be a different approach for the team.
Real Madrid is enough said, obviously they will be favorites, but they have lost quite a bit to the Saudis or injury, but obviously they have a deep squad.
I don't get too into the Portugese top league, although seemingly every year its Porto, Sporting, Benfica or Braga, but I do like goals, and Braga seems to get 2-3 every single game, especially at home. It seems year in/year out the top Portugese sides have their cupboards cleaned out by bigger clubs, however, Braga did not really lose any one of import so they should have a pretty fluid transition from last year to this.
One league I do get into is Bundesliga, and if you have not seen Union Berlin play, you should. Union and Bayer Leverkusen are the two most fun sides to watch so far this year and I expect it only to get better from here. Union have a very experienced side (in fact they were the only team in Bundesliga to not have a single player u21 play for them) so they are classic side of good but not great players who are hungry and they play that way. Top scorer in the Bundesliga right now? Kevin Behrens from Union, 32 year old journeyman. They went out and got Robin Gosens. German national team player who was outstanding at Atalanta, then moved to Inter, was injured quite a bit. Hasn't played a single game in the Bundesliga in his life (29 years old) and what does he do in his first start? Score two goals and is Bundesliga player of the week. They signed Kevin Volland from Monaco, another just quite not good enough for top tier teams, but has played at the likes of Hoffenheim and Leverkusen and has a knack for scoring goals (and getting injured). Pretty sure you all have heard of this Aarosnon guy and they just signed Bonucci, yeah, that Bonucci to sure up their back line. But, the absolute best part of Union Berlin are their fans as their stadium is always packed with die hard fans. They chant and sing all game long and going to their stadium is ALWAYS tough to get points. However, unfortunately, they've decided to play their CL matches at the Olympic stadium as their home stadium only fits like 20,000 whereas the olympic stadium fits like 50,000+. You'd think, oh that's just going to be more rabid home fans, but I think this stadium has a track around the outside of it so the fans are going to be much further away from the pitch. Don't quote me on that though, I'm kind of spit balling here, but pretty sure that's what I've seen. Either way, watch Berlin/RBL game this weekend and thank me later.

Last edited:
Window closes tomorrow.

Reguilon on loan to United from Spurs with Shaw out up to 10 weeks and Malaga injured too.

Dean Henderson to Crystal Palace.

And still a lot up in the air:
Outgoings: VdB? McT? Maguire?
Incomings: Amrabat? Bayindr

Highlights of the first Premier League game, at the smallest venue in their history. Luton Town/West Ham.

10,000 fans or so. So cool.
Luton should've had a penalty in the 94th there. That was a hand ball all day long. Too bad.... A tie against a decent team in their first EPL home game would've been an awesome memory for those fans.

Highlights of the first Premier League game, at the smallest venue in their history. Luton Town/West Ham.

Luton should've had a penalty in the 94th there. That was a hand ball all day long. Too bad.... A tie against a decent team in their first EPL home game would've been an awesome memory for those fans.
No idea how the handball isn't called. It was clear as day, arm out, below the elbow, hit the ball.... I don't understand. If VAR can't catch that, what's the point?

That's one of the most obvious misses I've ever seen if not THE most obvious.

No doubt, and you watch those highlights, they had some chances, a little luck and they win his game.

Also able to get a ticket to West Ham away, so down in London three of the next four weekends, bringing the 92 club completion up to 75, which is near enough that it feels like I should make a run at completion.

Second round qualifying draw for the FA Cup has been done, highlights include the Cat and Fiddle derby between Macclesfield and Buxton, a cross Manchester derby between Ashton United and Atherton Collieries, Needham Market make the trip to Hashtag United, while recent Championship club Yeovil Town, now four divisions lower, host AFC Stoneham

These manchester united wingers...yikes.

Now Antony is being accused of domestic violence in Brazil. Plus Sancho is claiming that ten haag is lying about his training habits (which were given as a reason for him not being active yesterday)

This garnacho kid better be ready to play some real minutes

These manchester united wingers...yikes.

Now Antony is being accused of domestic violence in Brazil. Plus Sancho is claiming that ten haag is lying about his training habits (which were given as a reason for him not being active yesterday)

This garnacho kid better be ready to play some real minutes
United is in turmoil so the EPL must be in season. Bloody hell.

Don't know all the details about Antony's troubles other than the Brazilian team sent him home. Will have to wait and see.

As for Sancho, he does have a history of poor training and other issues so it is hard not to believe ETH. Plus you can think you are doing well, but the manager may not be seeing what he wants to see. And for why Antony starts and plays over him, my guess is because of effort on the field, defensive work and fighting for the ball. Sancho is soft, doesn't mix it up, doesn't fight for the ball, is reactionary and not anticipating play. On the ball he may be better, but the rest makes it hard to play him when ETH wants pressing and movement.

We may see more Garnacho and Pellestri. And when Diallo when he is back from injury.

lol - did the Spanish FA really sack the women's team coach after winning the World Cup? What a cluster##### that country is...

lol - did the Spanish FA really sack the women's team coach after winning the World Cup? What a cluster##### that country is...
From what I understand they sacked him for kissing a player during the celebration. She did not like it, so it because a sexual assault issue.

From what I understand they sacked him for kissing a player during the celebration. She did not like it, so it because a sexual assault issue.

Reports indicate that he's a bit of a dickhead
I thought all of the reports were about the Spanish FA president not the coach.... though it would not surprise me if there were dos smooching richards in Spanish soccers.

The coach didn't kiss her. But he supported Rubiales, the one who DID kiss her. So now he's gone.

Reports indicate that he's a bit of a dickhead
I thought all of the reports were about the Spanish FA president not the coach.... though it would not surprise me if there were dos smooching richards in Spanish soccers.

The coach didn't kiss her. But he supported Rubiales, the one who DID kiss her. So now he's gone.

Guess I was mixing them up. Oops. Back to Jaysus' post then.... :lmao:
lol - did the Spanish FA really sack the women's team coach after winning the World Cup? What a cluster##### that country is..."

That was the fed chief, not the coach.
Thanks, Hipple.
At the airport with spotty wifi... Thread hadn't updated.

Window still open in Turkey (Spurs sent two players yesterday), wonder if Antony is also Getafe-bound
That was a nice little bonus, to see Ndomble headed to Turkey. What a lovely place for him to wind up. Laters, Tanguay
Makes the window overall look a little better as well. A few more moves, in and out, in January and the roster will have almost completely turned over.

Feel bad that Lloris hasn't found a home, I feel like we're about to tear up his contract if he has a landing spot. He seems to want a starting job tho.

Users who are viewing this thread