What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (3 Viewers)

I admit I'm pretty pessimistic about this show (I'd love to be proven wrong). But I didn't know it was even possible for a person to dislike the Saul character in BB. That's one of the best supporting characters ever IMO. Saul provided exactly the right amount of comic relief while still being a real character and moving the story along in places.
Agreed.

My hopes are not overly high either, mostly because supporting characters rarely became great lead characters, especially when one is as absurd as Saul is (in a good way, but because we didn't see him that much), but we shall see.

I admit I'm pretty pessimistic about this show (I'd love to be proven wrong). But I didn't know it was even possible for a person to dislike the Saul character in BB. That's one of the best supporting characters ever IMO. Saul provided exactly the right amount of comic relief while still being a real character and moving the story along in places.
Agreed.

My hopes are not overly high either, mostly because supporting characters rarely became great lead characters, especially when one is as absurd as Saul is (in a good way, but because we didn't see him that much), but we shall see.
if you didn't love the saul character in Breaking Bad, I have to agree that your low expectations will probably be met. Most people loved saul's character hence the natural spin off.

Slightly OT, but did you guys know there was a "Cheers" spin-off featuring Carla's ex, Nick, and his family? It was called "The Tortellis".

I don't remember that at all and I'm a big "Cheers" fan

This show has more potential than most spinoffs. Saul's profession lends itself to different stories each week. The sequel/prequel hybrid could really work here. Saul deals with trying to keep his head down. We learn more about he aftermath through him. We learn about how he got where he is through his reflections which can take us from childhood through the bb storyline and everywhere in between. This could be Fraser but good.

Agreed.

if you didn't love the saul character in Breaking Bad, I have to agree that your low expectations will probably be met. Most people loved saul's character hence the natural spin off.
I loved Saul's character on BB, but I am just apprehensive about a supporting character, especially one as absurd as Saul, carrying a show as the lead. I hope I am wrong.

Slightly OT, but did you guys know there was a "Cheers" spin-off featuring Carla's ex, Nick, and his family? It was called "The Tortellis".

I don't remember that at all and I'm a big "Cheers" fan
It was bad, but not "Joanie Loves Chachi" bad. A little Nick goes a lonnnnnnng way.

I personally wouldnt show any "current day" Saul now, he even said he was going to live a low key life in Nebraska

Make it entirely a prequel.

I'm trying to remember: im Breaking Bad, Saul more or less set Walt up with Gus when he told Walt that he "knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy". I can't remember, though, if they really went beyond that. It sould be interesting if they explored the angle of how Saul got connections that led to him being able to get to Gus.

Unless I'm forgetting something from Breaking Bad that explored that further.

Watching this series is going to be the equivalent of having enjoyed an amazing meal wonderfully seasoned with salt and wanting to prolong the experience of the meal by eating more salt.

I'm trying to remember: im Breaking Bad, Saul more or less set Walt up with Gus when he told Walt that he "knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy". I can't remember, though, if they really went beyond that. It sould be interesting if they explored the angle of how Saul got connections that led to him being able to get to Gus.

Mike was the connection between Saul and Gus.

Jonathan Banks has signed on as a series regular. ####### awesome news.
Yes!

:pickle:
I didn't realize this was a prequel, which gives them a lot of options in including Breaking Bad themes and characters.

Would be nice if they either started this in LA or some other place, and then gradually moved it to Albuquerque. I guess they could do this with flashbacks, but they aren't gonna be able to go back too far since 21-year-old Saul played by Odenkirk is going to look like a Frank Costanza Korea flashback.

Mike was the connection between Saul and Gus.
That's right. I hope they explore previous to that, like how Saul came to be in contact with Mike. With Jonathan Banks signed on, it sounds like they're going to do just that.

I personally wouldnt show any "current day" Saul now, he even said he was going to live a low key life in Nebraska

Make it entirely a prequel.
It wold be too far fetched for Saul to come crawling back to ABQ. They can close all those ends without implicating him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread