What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56) (2 Viewers)

Gotta admit, I never heard anything from The Weeknd other than “Blinding Lights”, but I’m impressed.
He's been performing for a decade, a lot a good songs but to most people his first "mainstream" hit was Starboy (2017?)

I'm a middle aged man who didn't know much about him, but was expecting something pretty compelling. Based on interviews, etc, I was expecting some sort of social message, an artistic presentation, a story. Not so.
Yeah I don't think that was going to happen during a SuperBowl, NFL would have frowned on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the weekend. But he came off as I thought he would... a rip off of the joker and Michael Jackson... yet out of breath. 

I don't ever really complain about SB halftime shows. It's virtually impossible to find someone that appeals to everyone. And I don't mind the newer artists since I listen to this music anyway due to having young girls I drive around regularly.

This was easily the worst HT show I've seen and just a poor selection overall.
I blame covid and the refs...

I feel the same way about defenders that do the half ### swipe at James Harden lay ups as he blows by them. It isn't a hard or bad foul. It is just monumentally stupid. And should be punished. 
Absolutely hate that in basketball, especially in pro hoops. I guess that it's a reaction that they can't control. Otherwise, every foul would be hard and bring about a shoving match. That's also sort of to blame, that the guys hate taking a foul that impedes their progress and get upset about it.

But your basic point stands in my book.

https://twitter.com/rickgosselin9/status/1358543911044669441?s=10

For all those #####ing about the refs, this crew has already reffed 2 Chiefs games this year and called double digit penalties both times.

They don't tolerate the grabbing that other crews do and they already set that precedent. The Chiefs had to know this.

Blame the coaching staff for not making sure they adjust and play more straight up, honest defense. 

I like The Weeknd, Blinding Lights is a great song.  :shrug:

Seems we forget every year that the halftime show hasn’t been about appealing to football fans for a long time. It’s about the casual fans, wives and international audience.

Used to be I'd be so drunk by this time that I'd forget what happened the rest of the game until everybody talked about it the next day. Those days...gone so far, thankfully.
Halftime show usually was the time we fired up a fresh round of beer pong in my younger days!

I like The Weeknd, Blinding Lights is a great song.  :shrug:

Seems we forget every year that the halftime show hasn’t been about appealing to football fans for a long time. It’s about the casual fans, wives and international audience.
He's not even that famous internationally and most international people aren't into the poppy/hip hop acts. A lot of europeans are into heavier music overall. Northeastern European countries like Sweden/Finland/Norway/etc metal bands reach the top 100 mainstream as much if not more then the pop bands. The US overall doesn't realize how much different culturally music wise the rest of the world is compared to us. They all think these countries all listen to our music when some of these countries don't understand why that garbage is so popular here. 

Field messed up after halftime show? Don’t like Kelce body language after TB after that play. Looked defeated 

Romo so sad his buddy Nantz’s jinx didn’t work 

Users who are viewing this thread