What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official T.O. Thread *** (1 Viewer)

The dumb thug doesn't realize that he can kiss any big contract good-bye. Hell who'd want to put up with his ### anyway. Good job Eagles :thumbup:
What makes you think T.O. is a thug :confused:
Thug he is not.Utter narcissist who has earned the disrespect of all? That would fit.

But not thug.

This is why SF let him go. He does not know how to act. He cannot handle success. He is driven to call attention to himself regardless of the effect it has on his team. THERE IS NO I IN TEAM. :popcorn:
Andy Reid did the exact right thing. To has always been about himself and nt the team. Yes, he is one of the best WR's out there, but he is also a team cancer, its always his "me me me first" attitude. Do we want this league to turn into another NBA which is loaded with #######s like him?Albeit the timing was not right but this action is long due.

as Eagles fans Im glad, Im sick of his crap, and think that the team can rally around and try to win just to stick to him and show how they can still with without that jerk

Do we want this league to turn into another NBA which is loaded with #######s like him?
if nothing else, roster size will prevent this from evah happening. the average NBA player makes much more than that average NFL player and most of them have guaranteed contract...not just their signing bonusteam structure (even if they are the star) in football vs. one-on-one dominance for years in basketball. hey, TO did play basketball...coincidence? :P

From a poster on another message board, so its not official:

Word from WFAN is that it will be more than 1 game. The issue was the statement read by Owens. Supposedly he did not read the whole statement . there was a part about McNabb he left out and the team wants him to appologize to McNabb or else and they are waiting for what he says this week before determining how long he is suspended. Reported by Ed coleman on WFAN here in NJ . He said word from the eagles was above and if Owens does not appologize to Mcnabb or he opens his mouth one more time he is suspended for a few games or even possibly the year . Again probally a little specualtion from Coleman but it makes sense.
again...who cares?
I think alot of people care....this IS a FF board and knowing how long the suspension could be is important....Im just pasisng on info that hasnt been posted here...
sorry wingnut...i didn't mean who cares? in response to your post. it was in response to the eagles thinking within the post. your info is appreciated...i just don't understand the eagle sthinking on this onesee davaco's response to my post above. he and i seem to see eye-to-eye on this one
The Eagles thinking is that any organization can not have utter dissent and disruption from within its ranks from an individual that thinks he is above respecting those teamates that help make him successful.In a team concept, you can not have these individual mutinies as be successful in the long term. When you have these situations, management must mete out the appropriate punishment to demonstrate that there are reprecussions to such actions.

While it looks like a bad decision short term, when you take the view outside of this week, but instead this season, next season - the next 5-10 years as a franchise - the suspension if anything was long overdue.

Perhaps had the Eagles taking more firm action long ago, it would not have come to this. Or, the Eagles would realize that their problem child is beyond help and could trade him / cut him and find a replacement. While that replacement would not be TO, they would not hurt the team either...

long term, as an organizational move, this HAD to be done. That is the Eagles thought in all likelihood. You just cannt accept this type of behavior. It can ruin a franchise/organization (not just a game, not just a season).

so much for free speech
Does that mean I should be able to go to work and call it a no class organization, and tell my boss that our department would be better if so and so was running it?There is freedom of speech and there is common sense.

as Eagles fans Im glad, Im sick of his crap, and think that the team can rally around and try to win just to stick to him and show how they can still with without that jerk
I believe the Eagles missed their window of oppurtunity.

so much for free speech
yeah poor T O has it all going against him. just can't seem to catch a break.
I meant that he should be able to say whatever he wants to without penalty
That's pretty dumb.
It is a terribly short sighted sentiment. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with speaking as a representative of an organization, especially when you are speaking against other members of that organization.The Eagles are a private entity. They are entitled to take action. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it.

If you called out your boss or co worker as incompetent, unwilling to work hard while you essentially splintered your office because of your inflammatory remarks, do you think you are entittled to keep your job without any action taken by your boss?

From a poster on another message board, so its not official:

Word from WFAN is that it will be more than 1 game. The issue was the statement read by Owens. Supposedly he did not read the whole statement . there was a part about McNabb he left out and the team wants him to appologize to McNabb or else and they are waiting for what he says this week before determining how long he is suspended. Reported by Ed coleman on WFAN here in NJ . He said word from the eagles was above and if Owens does not appologize to Mcnabb or he opens his mouth one more time he is suspended for a few games or even possibly the year . Again probally a little specualtion from Coleman but it makes sense.
again...who cares? in the grand sceme of the NFL this is pettyagain, the eagles have two options imo...

1) "keyshawn" TO and just end his playing days with philly once and for all

2) grin and bear it

this 1, possible 2 game suspension, is lame and will have zero effect on TO. any positive effects on the team as a whole short-run will be neutralized long-term by the lack of a playmaker at the wideout position (and considering how much they throw that is huge)
I agree. HOw thin skinned are the eagles?

TO stated that Favre would be a better option than Mcnabb. and that The eagles didnt recognize his 100th career TD catch.

#1, Favre will never play for philly, so why is it an issue?

#2, the fact that the Eagles dont recognize individual achivements makes TO look stupid.

By responding to TO's comments, the Eagles took the bait. And now they just cut off their nose to spite their face.
exactly
I disagree. I think the Eagles made a great move by doing this. Andy Reid will instantly gain the teams respect and, who knows, maybe they'll come together for him.There may also be salary implications (return of part of the signing bonus) if TO is completly dismissed from the organization. I'm sure there are restrictions in the contract as to how players represent the organization. TO was already given numerous warnings too.

This has to piss TO off, especially considering it was a Monday night game where he could show the entire world just how special he is.

My team:Favre/GreenMcGahee/Dom Davis/Dunn/Morency/R LeeC Johnson/D Jackson/Ferguson/Jurevicius/BurlesonGateskickerFalcons and Bengals DStart 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DWho should I drop for R Brown or should I sit pat?

My team:

Favre/Green

McGahee/Dom Davis/Dunn/Morency/R Lee

C Johnson/D Jackson/Ferguson/Jurevicius/Burleson

Gates

kicker

Falcons and Bengals D

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D

Who should I drop for R Brown or should I sit pat?
LOL, I'm sure you will get lots of answers to this in the shark pool.

My team:

Favre/Green

Gates

kicker

Falcons and Bengals D

Wrong forum, but nice try.

This is yet another example of why Andy Reid is one of the NFL's premier head coaches. You simply cannot allow one player to become this much of a problem. Jon Gruden realized that in Tampa Bay a couple of seasons ago and s**tcanned Keyshawn to the sidelines. Whether Reid follows suit with a season-long suspension remains to be seen but it's clear the Eagles have laid everything out for TO and he has refused to abide by their rules. The minute a head coach shows any signs of weakness he is done and his team is toast. It's possible the Eagles are toast anyway (although I think it's still too soon to write them off in a wide-open NFC) but Reid must make sure there are no questions about who is in charge of this team and make it clear that no player -- no matter how talented -- is above the greater good of the team.As I posted earlier most players would've figured this out the second they were suspended in the pre-season. But TO has never been one to grasp common sense or abide by any rules other than his own. The Eagles are doing the right thing here in my opinion -- even if it means some negative short-term results in the process.

The Eagles thinking is that any organization can not have utter dissent and disruption from within its ranks from an individual that thinks he is above respecting those teamates that help make him successful.

In a team concept, you can not have these individual mutinies as be successful in the long term. When you have these situations, management must mete out the appropriate punishment to demonstrate that there are reprecussions to such actions.

While it looks like a bad decision short term, when you take the view outside of this week, but instead this season, next season - the next 5-10 years as a franchise - the suspension if anything was long overdue.

Perhaps had the Eagles taking more firm action long ago, it would not have come to this. Or, the Eagles would realize that their problem child is beyond help and could trade him / cut him and find a replacement. While that replacement would not be TO, they would not hurt the team either...

long term, as an organizational move, this HAD to be done. That is the Eagles thought in all likelihood. You just cannt accept this type of behavior. It can ruin a franchise/organization (not just a game, not just a season).
:goodposting:

Remember the crazy comments made earlier this year about Moss and Owens both playing for the Raiders? :loco: Those comments may not sound so crazy this offseason. Philly will dump him after this year and I can't think of too many teams willing to bring the cancer that is T.O. into their organization.
:lmao: TO and Moss on the same team. You wanna talk about drama?
Randy Ratio + TO Ratio = 150%, ain't enough ball for both of them.

I highly doubt he gets more than a 2 year contract with anyone. From this point forward, he is nothing but a rent-a-player, and he just might be sitting at home next year. The word has always been out about TO, but now teams may just feel it isn't worth it. Like I said in the other thread, I have him on 2 $$$ dynasty leagues, and I'm glad they suspended him. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

ESPN2 just mentioned that the collective bargaining agreement limits such suspensions to 4 games.I have no idea if this is true; just passing along what I heard.

so much for free speech
What are you talking about? "Free speech" refers to the right not to be punished by the government for such speech. This doesn't apply to organizations or businesses who have a legitimate right to sanction speech they deem detrimental. This is not a free speech issue, and any attempt to color it as one reflects a very poor understanding of the laws that govern us.

I disagree. I think the Eagles made a great move by doing this. Andy Reid will instantly gain the teams respect and, who knows, maybe they'll come together for him.

There may also be salary implications (return of part of the signing bonus) if TO is completly dismissed from the organization. I'm sure there are restrictions in the contract as to how players represent the organization. TO was already given numerous warnings too.

This has to piss TO off, especially considering it was a Monday night game where he could show the entire world just how special he is.
Sunday nighter actually but :goodposting:

so much for free speech
What are you talking about? "Free speech" refers to the right not to be punished by the government for such speech. This doesn't apply to organizations or businesses who have a legitimate right to sanction speech they deem detrimental. This is not a free speech issue, and any attempt to color it as one reflects a very poor understanding of the laws that govern us.
I think this thread is funnier without the explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
so much for free speech
Yeah right! There's freedom of speech he was able to say it. But now accept the punishment. It's funny that people are actually defending this thug. :rolleyes:
Why do you keep calling him a thug?Arrogant jerk. Not thug.

so much for free speech
I think this thread is funnier without the explanation.
:goodposting: Damn, my bad.

I just threw an offer to the T.O. owner. Not knowing how long hes suspended, its risky, but the guy who owns him is hurting right now...he has alot of injuries and is in need of some help if he wants to try to salvage his season....Anyone else considering taking a chance before the length of the suspension is known and trying to trade FOR Owens? Even if hes out 4 weeks (just a number I made up), he would come back in time for the FF playoffs. That would be huge.Im going for it and am gonna try to land him. Ya gotta take chances, and this one could pan out HUGE if I can land him and if he ISNT suspended fror the season.Attempt at sharkism or a visit to guppyville?

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I'll burn my 49er hat... though I should've burned it by now anyway :P )

Hey! Detroit. Mooch and Garcia probably miss the big cuddly fella.

I highly doubt he gets more than a 2 year contract with anyone. From this point forward, he is nothing but a rent-a-player, and he just might be sitting at home next year. The word has always been out about TO, but now teams may just feel it isn't worth it. Like I said in the other thread, I have him on 2 $$$ dynasty leagues, and I'm glad they suspended him. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Im actually hoping that TO goes to Dallas- now to their credit they do have an excellent WR corps now but their main targets are old and if anything, TO becomes the big-play replacement of Terry Glenn. The main reason why I want him to go there is because of the Tuna. This guy lets you know that he's the #### when youre in his house and he wont tolerate this kind of antics. Look what he did to Keyshawn- made him from a once-most-hated reciever to a productive version of his old self sans the smacktalk.Either Dallas or (unrealistic) but the Giants. Coughlin doesnt put up with much himself and Plax definately has put up and shut up this year. TO is bad for any teams' chemistry but IMHO there are only two coaches that can control him- Tuna and Coughlin.

If you're 1st and can afford the downside. He's a headache, period. I waited for his first big game and shipped him out. There's no many bad issues with Philly, McNabb, and TO. Unless you can get him extremely cheap, I'd keep moving.

My team:

Favre/Green

Gates

kicker

Falcons and Bengals D

Drop Gates. The starting WR on the Eagles is way better than a stupid TE!

so much for free speech
yeah poor T O has it all going against him. just can't seem to catch a break.
I meant that he should be able to say whatever he wants to without penalty
Every action has potential repercussions. You are free to say whatever you want, but your employer is also free to respond accordingly.

A friend who works for the Broncos checked the CBA and he can only be suspended for four games. I doubt people know this so try to get TO for cheap while you can.

I'm thinking of offering D. Bennett or A. Boldin, I cant imagine them keeping someone of his talents out all year, TO aint all bad.

A friend who works for the Broncos checked the CBA and he can only be suspended for four games. I doubt people know this so try to get TO for cheap while you can.
I just made an offer for TO a half hour ago.:crossesfingers:

I think that new franchise in Dever City, TX is the most likely spot.

An expansion team needs a marquee player.

Have they picked a team name yet?

Boot.

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread