What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2015 Thread*** - Congrats Banister! (1 Viewer)

On The ticket yesterday they said Fielder is pushing 300lbs..up 25 since the season ended. At 5-10 that is a lot of weight to carry. First thing the Rangers should do is get Fielder a trainer and try to get him into shape. Fielders body type is a fast weight gainer and needs to be controlled.
If all the rumors are true about what went on with Fielder's wife last year then I'm betting on Prince being just fine in Texas. It's disgusting and I can understand why Fielder had a down year and couldn't wait to get a ticket out of Detroit.

I'm guessing Texas gets a very motivated slugger who will hit close to 40 bombs this year with 120 RBI's. I'm rooting for the guy even though I'm the farthest thing from a Rangers fan.

Any Tiger fans slamming on Prince is just sour grapes imo.

How many white guys have we gotten rid of the past two off-seasons? :oldunsure:

If I was Mitch I wouldn't be buying a house any time soon.
What's funny is that my wife and were talking about this, but since I am non-white there was no way in hell I was posting that..

Will miss kittenface. I wonder what Grubes thinks.
Grubes most likely on suicide watch.

Not sure you can pull anything over on Beane but I like the trade for Texas. Another area of surplus where you go and get something you don't have.
Gentry had a 3.4 WAR over a mere 106 games. He has the best UZR of any CF since UZR started in 2002.

Choice could be good if he fixes his swing, but he's a power hitter who hasn't hit for much power since the Cali league.

If Beane's willing to trade within the division, you're probably better off just running the other way.

Not sure you can pull anything over on Beane but I like the trade for Texas. Another area of surplus where you go and get something you don't have.
Gentry had a 3.4 WAR over a mere 106 games. He has the best UZR of any CF since UZR started in 2002.

Choice could be good if he fixes his swing, but he's a power hitter who hasn't hit for much power since the Cali league.

If Beane's willing to trade within the division, you're probably better off just running the other way.
I think this can be a win-win for both teams. If the Rangers weren't willing to commit 1,200+ innings to Gentry it makes sense to move him for valuable prospect. This gives the FO more ammo to deal for a veteran player, whether flipping Choice in a trade or just having his added depth in the farm system to trade Odor or Sardinas or Nick Williams. The Rangers really only viewed him as a 4th OF eventhough I think he makes a solid everyday guy. As DiscoStu said he lost the battle for the job with Leonys and with the Rangers having a power void they can't go into the season with Rios as the power hitting OFer. An OF of Gentry-Martin-Rios would get about 35-40 HR's combined (if lucky!)

They need a COF that can hit 25-30 to go along with Rios 20-25 and Martin 10-15 HR's... Gentry wasn't going to provide that. Nelson Cruz could be that guy, Moreland could be that guy, or maybe there is a trade out there.... Package a few top prospects like Choice, Odor or Sardinas with a controlable starting pitcher like Ogando, Holland or a healthy Harrison and you might find a worthy COF bat on the trade market.

Disco Stu said:
How many white guys have we gotten rid of the past two off-seasons? :oldunsure:

If I was Mitch I wouldn't be buying a house any time soon.
#whiteisthenewblack

I really wish JD could get Choo and a Catcher 1B done and we could get started with thinking about the season.

I really wish JD could get Choo and a Catcher 1B done and we could get started with thinking about the season.
We got Arencibia today... Baring a trade probably done at catcher.

I'm hoping for a trade. Not really interested in any if the FA's requiring a draft pick. I'd be ok with Beltran, Nap or Cruz... But I really hope they end up elsewhere and expect them too.... I wouldnt mind signing Tanaka and then trading Holland, Ogando or Harrison for an OF bat. Tanaka will probably cost at least $140mm for 6 years....

I think this can be a win-win for both teams. If the Rangers weren't willing to commit 1,200+ innings to Gentry it makes sense to move him for valuable prospect. This gives the FO more ammo to deal for a veteran player, whether flipping Choice in a trade or just having his added depth in the farm system to trade Odor or Sardinas or Nick Williams. The Rangers really only viewed him as a 4th OF eventhough I think he makes a solid everyday guy. As DiscoStu said he lost the battle for the job with Leonys and with the Rangers having a power void they can't go into the season with Rios as the power hitting OFer. An OF of Gentry-Martin-Rios would get about 35-40 HR's combined (if lucky!)

They need a COF that can hit 25-30 to go along with Rios 20-25 and Martin 10-15 HR's... Gentry wasn't going to provide that. Nelson Cruz could be that guy, Moreland could be that guy, or maybe there is a trade out there.... Package a few top prospects like Choice, Odor or Sardinas with a controlable starting pitcher like Ogando, Holland or a healthy Harrison and you might find a worthy COF bat on the trade market.
I think this is old-school thinking. Wins above replacement are wins above replacement, be them via power or otherwise.

Gentry = projected 13 WAR over the next three years: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=9571&position=OF

Rangers get Choo.

This team got better this offseason. I still think they are a bat short. Wouldn't mind seeing them sign Kendrys Morales to a 2year $20million type deal to DH and trade Moreland.

Rangers get Choo.

This team got better this offseason. I still think they are a bat short. Wouldn't mind seeing them sign Kendrys Morales to a 2year $20million type deal to DH and trade Moreland.
I think they have more than enough bats. It's the pitching that might be a little thin. Fielder, Choo, Beltre, and Rios are nice pieces. if Profar should flourish with a spot in the lineup every day.

Love the signing. Fills the need in the lineup (leadoff) and in the field. Going to let Martin and Profar hit down in the lineup.

Choo

Andrus

Prince

Beltre

Rios

Moreland

Soto

Martin

Profar

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happens to Cruz now? The line isn't exactly forming to the left.

What's a reasonable lowball offer? 2-20? I know he's looking for something like 5-90 right?

Thoughts on selling naming rights for the ballpark? Evan Grant brought it up in his "How to get Tanaka" article.

Interesting thought, since that's an untapped 5-10 million a year. Payroll is getting up there. That could help.

If they landed Tanaka, they could name it anything they wanted. Nintendo Stadium would be pretty cool.

If I had Mark Cuban money, I would buy naming rights and name it "Endor".

Press conference introducing Choo right now. Wash says his intention is to play Choo primarily in LF and to hit leadoff.

Press conference introducing Choo right now. Wash says his intention is to play Choo primarily in LF and to hit leadoff.
Interesting comment from Thad Levine yesterday. Says that Choo can also play some CF, so it gives them flexibility towards the 4th OF spot. Beltre might not be the given number four just because he can play all three positions.

I think you're reaching here.
Choo had a UZR of about -17 last year. UZR has its flaws, but I'm not sure it's THAT flawed. Choo in cf is an unmitigated disaster. If a guy needs an off day you could trot him out there, but it really wouldn't be a good idea.Though I would love to see gpj lumber about the outfield trying to play some defense.

Fair enough. I don't remember Reds fans causing a big stink last year when he played there all year, but then again I didn't really follow the Reds. Again, I'm not saying he should play there often, just that it wouldn't be a disaster for him to spell Martin for 10 or so games this year.

Two thirds of the earth's surface is covered by water. The amount covered by GPJ is infinitesimally small.

Holland out until mid season from knee surgery due to freak accident fall at home. Jesus, this pitching staff is made of glass.

Holland out until mid season from knee surgery due to freak accident fall at home. Jesus, this pitching staff is made of glass.
Wonder if JD wants to go after Tanaka now, and hope Holland is your "midseason acquisition."

I don't get the return timeline. 6 months for arthroscopic knee surgery? Isn't that normally a shorter recovery surgery? Possibly a very conservative estimate return....

I don't get the return timeline. 6 months for arthroscopic knee surgery? Isn't that normally a shorter recovery surgery? Possibly a very conservative estimate return....
haven't paid close attention, but i was wondering the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread