What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL***The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion thread (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
Kinda disappointed that Bethesda delayed it. I was due Nov/early Dec 2005, now maybe Feb/Mar 2006. It prolly needs to be refined, but this is a game that could have made craploads of cash this Christmas season.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 20, 2006 is the current date, and it does look pretty spectacular.

I'm never disappointed in release delays, because it means they're making the game better. I get much more annoyed with rushed release dates.

I'm never disappointed in release delays, because it means they're making the game better. I get much more annoyed with rushed release dates.
:goodposting: Especially for an Elder Scrolls game. They're usually so huge, it's better for them to work the bugs out at this point, than constantly giving us updates (and for the XBox360 users, how would they handle that?)

Ive heard they pushed it back due to playability issues. Seeing as though Morrowind was GOTY, i'm sure sales wont be a worry to them. They're probably more interested in having a product that will draw back customers for TES 5.Everything Ive seen of this game is downright mind-blowing. Sure I'm a little pissed that I cant have it soon, but hell, I'll take a better game in exchange for the wait.

I thought that the last Morrowind for Xbox was a remarkably cool game, but it was. just. so. long. I played about 75% of it and lost interest, so I never finished it.

I was disappointed when it did not come out for the Xbox 360 launch but like already mentioned they were delaying the game to fix some issues and make the game better.I was able to beat Morrowind and loved every minute of it. I spent about 80+ hours on the game and could have spent atleast 40 more if I completed more sidequests.This game will be amazing and I can't wait for it to come out :thumbup: oh yes I know I am a :nerd:

I think that was the probelm...I was always sidetracked with sidequests. It's been several years since I played, but I seem to remember not knowing what was a side quest and what was part of the main mission. I just reached a point where I was done.

Apparently, there were some problems with the AI, as well as memory leaks. The AI they are trying to get with this game is amazing. Take an NPC, for instance. They give him things he has to do, as well as his own agenda and needs, and set him loose to accomplish that however he sees fit. Makes for a very different experience all over. However, they have had problems. For instance, there was one area where 1 monster was supposed to protect a unicorn, but it kept killing it. Stuff like that to figure out.Anyway, should be awesome.

so madcow, do u own a xbox360 ?
No, but I am gonna have one heckuva PC gaming rig when it comes out. :SLI7800GT's:
I'll be playing this on my 360.RPG's are the only games I wish I had a newer PC for. The big advantage is the mods. I played Morrowind on the PC and had several mods running. (Having 10 hot naked female slaves inside your house can never be a bad thing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but I am gonna have one heckuva PC gaming rig when it comes out. :SLI7800GT's:
I'll be playing this on my 360.RPG's are the only games I wish I had a newer PC for. The big advantage is the mods. I played Morrowind on the PC and had several mods running. (Having 10 hot naked female slaves inside your house can never be a bad thing.)
:goodposting: I played Morrowind on the PC as well and I will definitely miss the mods. For example in Morrowind I had a ring that could teleport me to about 20 different locations which saved time walking alway the way from Balmora to Vivec for example so in that regard it was great.

But don't forget that the 360 is really a computer and I am sure that mods will be created so that you can save them on your hard drive and implement the changes but we will have to see.

:goodposting: I played Morrowind on the PC as well and I will definitely miss the mods. For example in Morrowind I had a ring that could teleport me to about 20 different locations which saved time walking alway the way from Balmora to Vivec for example so in that regard it was great.

But don't forget that the 360 is really a computer and I am sure that mods will be created so that you can save them on your hard drive and implement the changes but we will have to see.
The problem with this, and it was addressed in a gaming magazine recently, is the Live Marketplace. The mods you get for free now for the PC might cost money for XB360, which could trickle over and cause problems in PC land.

I've never played Morrowind but I was a huge fan of the Diablo series -- are they comparable? Does Morrowind blow Diablo away?

I've never played Morrowind but I was a huge fan of the Diablo series -- are they comparable? Does Morrowind blow Diablo away?
2 totally different games.Morrowind is like a current generation cRPG (character?) -- single player, long game, one main story you follow through till the end.

Diablo was more focused on the multiplayer, loot-grabbing and PvP aspects, though there was a short (in comparison) single player campaign.

Morrowind, at least since the 3rd iteration are also in FPS view, whereas diablo was 3rd person view.

Guild Wars is a lot like Diablo was.

2 totally different games.Morrowind is like a current generation cRPG (character?) -- single player, long game, one main story you follow through till the end.

Diablo was more focused on the multiplayer, loot-grabbing and PvP aspects, though there was a short (in comparison) single player campaign.

Morrowind, at least since the 3rd iteration are also in FPS view, whereas diablo was 3rd person view.

but you still wield magic and hack monsters to death, right? :thumbup:

Of course, but Diablo is more of a twitch-and-click-fest.Morrowind does not excel in that regard, but for story and depth, it's the way to go.

Diablo is 2D and morrowind is 3D. Diablo was made up of randomly generated 2D levels, Morrowind is one big seamless world.

I personally didn't like Morrowind, but I loved Diablo. I think Guild Wars is so-so but world of warcraft is so good I was forced to uninstall it. Maybe I just like blizzard games no matter what. I also think all these games should have some form of robust multiplayer.

Of course, but Diablo is more of a twitch-and-click-fest.Morrowind does not excel in that regard, but for story and depth, it's the way to go.

Diablo is 2D and morrowind is 3D. Diablo was made up of randomly generated 2D levels, Morrowind is one big seamless world.

I personally didn't like Morrowind, but I loved Diablo. I think Guild Wars is so-so but world of warcraft is so good I was forced to uninstall it. Maybe I just like blizzard games no matter what. I also think all these games should have some form of robust multiplayer.
The new Oblivion is going to be very much more dependant on both skills and player clicks and mouse moves for combat. A good mix of both.

Holy System Requirements, Batman!

http://www.oblivionportal.com/info/systemreq.php

Better bring it with your hardware:

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion System Requirements

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1 GB System RAM

* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card

* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* DirectX 9.0c (included)

* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1900 series

* ATI X1800 series

* ATI X1600 series

* ATI X1300 series

* ATI X850 series

* ATI x800 series

* ATI x700 series

* ATI x600 series

* ATI Radeon 9800 series

* ATI Radeon 9700 series

* ATI Radeon 9600 series

* ATI Radeon 9500 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series

* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

Recommended:

* 1 GB System RAM

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* Keyboard, Mouse

* ATI X1900 series

* ATI X1800 series

* ATI X1600 series

* ATI X1300 series

* ATI X850 series

* ATI x800 series

* ATI x700 series

* ATI x600 series

* ATI Radeon 9800 series

* ATI Radeon 9700 series

* ATI Radeon 9600 series

* ATI Radeon 9500 series

christ...we need a gaming machine price plunge...

Recommended:

* 1 GB System RAM

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* Keyboard, Mouse

* ATI X1900 series

* ATI X1800 series

* ATI X1600 series

* ATI X1300 series

* ATI X850 series

* ATI x800 series

* ATI x700 series

* ATI x600 series

* ATI Radeon 9800 series

* ATI Radeon 9700 series

* ATI Radeon 9600 series

* ATI Radeon 9500 series

christ...we need a gaming machine price plunge...
Let's get you to build a new machine. The way you were lagging so bad the other night, it might be in order anyway.

I prepaid for the DVD edition today. This monster will have about 10 CD's. I would pay $10 just to not have to switch all those CD's on install.

Anyone know of any stores that are already carrying this? If I can grab a copy before tomorrow, I would jump at it. I know Dept stores sometimes throw them out too early. Called the local Target and they don't even know when it will be in.

Looks like Gamestop it is for tomorrow AM.

I know there are more :nerd: s out there than this waiting for this game.
:hey: I'm traveling on business until the 31st. As soon as I get home from the airport I am going out and buying it :nerd:

:pickle: :pickle:

I know there are more :nerd: s out there than this waiting for this game.
:hey: I'm traveling on business until the 31st. As soon as I get home from the airport I am going out and buying it :nerd:

:pickle: :pickle:
Why wait? Buy it now and have the manual digested by the time you get back. :excited:

How does this compare to NWN?
NWN was 3rd person, turn-based. It is also more based around specific modules and of course is AD&D based. Interestingly, NWN 2 is due out around the holidays. :nerd: :excited: The graphics on those screen shots look absolutely amazing, too.This is a first-person fantasy game with a wide-open sandbox type approach. You can customize your characters as much as you want, really. You are not as confined to rules like NWN. Both are very fun and different experiences. This would be the proverbial time sink game.

I'm all over this as well. Like you, I have been waiting for this one for awhile. This is the game I bought the 360 for. (Yes I know the PC version is far better because of mods)

I am taking the day off just to play.

I gotta run an errand or two first, then it's a few puffs, and then down to the basement for 107 inches of HD Oblivion in surround sound.

:nerd:

I'm all over this as well. Like you, I have been waiting for this one for awhile. This is the game I bought the 360 for. (Yes I know the PC version is far better because of mods)

I gotta run an errand or two first, then it's a few puffs, and then down to the basement for 107 inches of HD Oblivion in surround sound.

:jealous: :kicksrock:

:mellow: I will be playing between patients at work. :unsure:

MC - Have you given Galactic Civilizations II a shot yet? You always seemed interested in the space strategy game...

MC - Have you given Galactic Civilizations II a shot yet? You always seemed interested in the space strategy game...
No, I have not, but it got great reviews. I still need to play Project Neptune and Freelancer. :wall: Oh, and there was a freaking line at Gamestop. Luckily, most of it formed after I was there.

Going for the install, my fellow :nerd: s.

Users who are viewing this thread