What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

You think Morgan's going to sit this one out, gtfoh.  I'm aware of what happened in previous episodes, thanks.  And why the show is going out of its way to make it so everyone is joining up for the war, especially Morgan. 
LOL at the contortion from the original point I replied to. No, I don't think Morgan is on board as of last night's episode. Yes, I believe he will move from being conflicted to become part of the battle, and may even play an important role in it. These aren't mutually exclusive positions.

LOL at the contortion from the original point I replied to. No, I don't think Morgan is on board as of last night's episode. Yes, I believe he will move from being conflicted to become part of the battle, and may even play an important role in it. These aren't mutually exclusive positions.
I do agree he is conflicted and still fighting the "pacifist" battle....

But in regards to the Bold part.. IMO, the sharpening of his weapon is his realization that killing the living is necessary in order to survive. I believe his comments to Carol on "I'm going to kill them all" was in reference to Saviors and Walkers.

I don't think he has Fully returned to "Clear" Morgan.. but he is no longer "Pacifist" Morgan either. :2cents:

So I know the crew took some time to go find Carol, wondering when they will send the search parties to look for Heath? Guess they feel they don't need him with the numbers they are looking for to support the upcoming war? Nice job writers. 

So I know the crew took some time to go find Carol, wondering when they will send the search parties to look for Heath? Guess they feel they don't need him with the numbers they are looking for to support the upcoming war? Nice job writers. 
I thought Tara told Rick that Heath decided to go to DC to fight terrorists and/or terrorist walkers. 

do we have any ideas or guesses about how this war will go down?  Will Rick and Co wage a full on frontal assault, send the herd towards them, set up ambushes?  

You made them mutually exclusive when you replied directly to and made argument against this post:

tonydead said:
C'mon now.  I wouldn't put anything past these writers, but, one of the main characters sitting this war our?  Not a chance, even Carol's up off the couch.  
But, glad you've come to your senses.  

do we have any ideas or guesses about how this war will go down?  Will Rick and Co wage a full on frontal assault, send the herd towards them, set up ambushes?  
Rosita and Sasha are going in freestyle... That will set things in motion. Negan will roll out to attack somewhere and then get surrounded by the other groups

I do agree he is conflicted and still fighting the "pacifist" battle....

But in regards to the Bold part.. IMO, the sharpening of his weapon is his realization that killing the living is necessary in order to survive. I believe his comments to Carol on "I'm going to kill them all" was in reference to Saviors and Walkers.

I don't think he has Fully returned to "Clear" Morgan.. but he is no longer "Pacifist" Morgan either. :2cents:
That was my take. He's pushed to the brink right now. Part of him may be trying to keep his pacifist belief intact but I think his reciting to the Saviors exactly what ****'s plan was is an indication he's preparing to fight just like **** was. I think he finally understands what needs to be done even if it still runs contrary to how he wants to behave.   

You made them mutually exclusive when you replied directly to and made argument against this post:

But, glad you've come to your senses.  
Fair enough, I recognize the confusion. :thumbup: My initial reply was to a poster who said Morgan was on board. I thought Morgan remained conflicted. Your reply straw-manned me the position that Morgan was sitting out the war, which I hadn't said at all, and really was not a logical extension of what I'd posted. I could have corrected that misunderstanding, but what I replied to in your post was your logic that because Carol was up off the couch (in fact she did openly say they need to fight), Morgan would be as well. That didn't seem logical to me, because clearly Carol is at one mental state at the kingdom recommending fight, and Morgan is "gone but not gone" choosing reclusion.If he was on board already, he would be hand in hand with Carol at the kingdom recommending fight. On TD, he described himself as an unwilling participant, and that sums up where I see him right now. 

To be clear though, I get that it fits the story that some epiphany will occur with his character. They aren't developing him for nothing. All likelihood, he'll realize his approach is not suited for this world and will engage - as Snogger noted he is sharpening his spear. Alternatively, his reluctance will spell doom for himself or someone else. His internal conflict seems fluid and that makes his character intriguing.

Fair enough, I recognize the confusion. :thumbup: My initial reply was to a poster who said Morgan was on board. I thought Morgan remained conflicted. Your reply straw-manned me the position that Morgan was sitting out the war, which I hadn't said at all, and really was not a logical extension of what I'd posted. I could have corrected that misunderstanding, but what I replied to in your post was your logic that because Carol was up off the couch (in fact she did openly say they need to fight), Morgan would be as well. That didn't seem logical to me, because clearly Carol is at one mental state at the kingdom recommending fight, and Morgan is "gone but not gone" choosing reclusion.If he was on board already, he would be hand in hand with Carol at the kingdom recommending fight. On TD, he described himself as an unwilling participant, and that sums up where I see him right now. 

To be clear though, I get that it fits the story that some epiphany will occur with his character. They aren't developing him for nothing. All likelihood, he'll realize his approach is not suited for this world and will engage - as Snogger noted he is sharpening his spear. Alternatively, his reluctance will spell doom for himself or someone else. His internal conflict seems fluid and that makes his character intriguing.
Morgan's a great character. Gimple really has done a terrific job with the three Morgan-centric episodes he's written.

Why would the Kindom people bring guns to these payoff meetings with the Saviors if they have no intention of using them?

They didn't learn from the last meeting? What they need the most is guns and ammo ... and they hand over 6 more loaded guns to the Saviors. 

and what scent are Richard and Morgan trying to throw the Saviors off of? What has the Kingdom done that would make the Saviors think that they were about to rebel?

The only thing that has happened to the Saviors that I can think of is Daryl escaping. Not sure how that would relate to a Kingdom revolution in the Saviors eyes. They have no reason to link Daryl to the Kingdom.

Why would the Kindom people bring guns to these payoff meetings with the Saviors if they have no intention of using them?

They didn't learn from the last meeting? What they need the most is guns and ammo ... and they hand over 6 more loaded guns to the Saviors. 

and what scent are Richard and Morgan trying to throw the Saviors off of? What has the Kingdom done that would make the Saviors think that they were about to rebel?

The only thing that has happened to the Saviors that I can think of is Daryl escaping. Not sure how that would relate to a Kingdom revolution in the Saviors eyes. They have no reason to link Daryl to the Kingdom.
The tension that had been building. The last few drop offs haven't gone exactly smoothly.

After the death of the kid, Richard knew the King would be ready to join the war, but it would take time to get things going.

The plan was to show you understood now and would be fully subservient from here on out. Which, by Morgan taking out Richard, has been accomplished.
Remember, the rest of the Kingdom has no idea about the Saviors and the deals.

Showing you will :bow: down to them will avoid a possible visit inside the Kingdom by the Saviors while you prepare for war.  

Apples/oranges. Carol is a killer, who took a sanity break and probably would require very little motivation to become one again. Morgan has an ideology he has followed to reject violence even when it is completely and utterly ridiculous (e.g. when the Wolves ambushed him at the campfire; when the Wolves attacked Alexandria and were butchering residents; when Rick told Ezekiel about Glen/Abraham and others being slaughtered). I do agree he's becoming conflicted based on the last episode, but do not agree he killed Richard for anything but rage over Benjamin's death and to maintain peace between the Kingdom and the Saviors.   
Yeah I think you might be wrong on this.  Certainly he had rage against Richard, that much was obvious, but it was also pretty clear he wanted the Saviors to believe the Kingdom knew and accepted their role as subservient so they would be offguard when attacked.   He was even using Richard's own words

I forgot all about that Heath guy.  Maybe that's what they wanted the majority of viewers to do.  Forget about him.  Then they will have him re-appear at a significant moment and the audience will be all OMG!!

:sleep:

Yeah I think you might be wrong on this.  Certainly he had rage against Richard, that much was obvious, but it was also pretty clear he wanted the Saviors to believe the Kingdom knew and accepted their role as subservient so they would be offguard when attacked.   He was even using Richard's own words
Could be. :shrug:

No one knows for sure. I thought there was irony that Morgan was using Richard's own words in an earnest war-prevention manner. Definitely could be wrong, though still unclear why people assume he was solidifying a Richard plan, but not following through and advising Ezekiel on that intent. Instead of saying 'Hey Ezekiel, I set the table for XYZ plan' he abruptly leaves the Kingdom on a solo crusade? That doesn't really fit for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. :shrug:

No one knows for sure. I thought there was irony that Morgan was using Richard's own words in an earnest war-prevention manner. Definitely could be wrong, though still unclear why people assume he was solidifying a Richard plan, but not following through and advising Ezekiel on that intent. Instead of saying 'Hey Ezekiel, I set the table for XYZ plan' he abruptly leaves the Kingdom on a solo crusade? That doesn't really fit for me.
That goes to the whole thing about making it believable.  He executed the plan and they needed to leave everyone else out of it to make it believable.  Had he told them that might not have been the case.  

That goes to the whole thing about making it believable.  He executed the plan and they needed to leave everyone else out of it to make it believable.  Had he told them that might not have been the case.  
What plan? A solo Morgan vs. the world crusade, instead of what Richard described?

He told Carol he was leaving to go kill the Saviors, one by one.  Then he was whittling his Donatello stick into a spear.  Sounds to me like he's on board. 

I liked this episode.  Richard was too eager to get into a fight with the Saviors, he was a loose cannon IMO.  They're going to have to come at the Saviors quick and hard if they want any chance of success.  Richard would have gone Leroy Jenkins on them and ####ed it all up.  

Just like Sasha and Rosita are going to do 
I had to Google this.  

Thank you. 

Who's Heath?

El Floppo said:
the alexendria guy with the dreads who left tara at the josie and #####cats camp... now star of 24 reborn or whatever.
:lmao:

I love the nicknames in here...Josie and the Pu$$ycats camp = Oceanside.  Garbage Pail Kids = Scavengers.  you guys are the best 

I had no idea that dreadlocks dude was Dr. Dre. Guess that's because he's had like 10 minutes of total screen time spread over like 7 episodes

[Morgan] You killed tons of people, many who are my friends. That's cool because, you know, peace. [/Morgan]

[Morgan] You got my this kid killed by accident. And the bad guy who has killed him and tons of other innocent people is right here. But I want to kill you, good guy. RAAAWWWWRRRR!!!! [/Morgan]

Its great that people want to believe that the writing can't be so seriously terrible that there MUST be more to it, Morgan with the master plan, etc etc. But... no. This was just stupid, horrible writing. I can't believe people loved this episode. Denial. Not just a river in Egypt.

[Morgan] You killed tons of people, many who are my friends. That's cool because, you know, peace. [/Morgan]

[Morgan] You got my this kid killed by accident. And the bad guy who has killed him and tons of other innocent people is right here. But I want to kill you, good guy. RAAAWWWWRRRR!!!! [/Morgan]

Its great that people want to believe that the writing can't be so seriously terrible that there MUST be more to it, Morgan with the master plan, etc etc. But... no. This was just stupid, horrible writing. I can't believe people loved this episode. Denial. Not just a river in Egypt.
:lol:  might be time for you to find something else to watch.

Carol talked Morgan into staying at her house and she's staying in the kingdom now. Morgan taught the kingdom his techniques, now it's time for Carol teach them hers.

Except for the fact that when Morgan was talking to the King and he called the dead kid Duane in error.  That little name slip, using his son's name in the place of the kid, was to show exactly what Morgan felt abut that kid being a surrogate son to him and that would easily set him over to Clear mode again, just like last time Duane was killed.

Except for the fact that when Morgan was talking to the King and he called the dead kid Duane in error.  That little name slip, using his son's name in the place of the kid, was to show exactly what Morgan felt abut that kid being a surrogate son to him and that would easily set him over to Clear mode again, just like last time Duane was killed.
Your post makes it sound like you are agreeing with me. That he doesn't have some grand scheme to suck in the Neeganites. But rather that he just lost it and wants to start killing everyone. My only point is that WHO he chose to kill was fairly stupid writing. Or am I misreading your post, and you think he is losing it, but remains smart enough to plan the sucking in of the Neegan clan?

Your post makes it sound like you are agreeing with me. That he doesn't have some grand scheme to suck in the Neeganites. But rather that he just lost it and wants to start killing everyone. My only point is that WHO he chose to kill was fairly stupid writing. Or am I misreading your post, and you think he is losing it, but remains smart enough to plan the sucking in of the Neegan clan?
I think he killed Richard for causing the kid's death with his actions. His breakdown after his son was killed originally was because he was not strong enough to kill his zombiefied wife and that broke him.  Seeing this new surrogate child he semi adopted killed in front of him because of the actions of Richard was enough to make Richard have to go and send him off after Negan's folks too.

does anybody watch the "Fear the Walking Dead" promos? i haven't, but saw tonights. Anybody see if they had a girl and a zombie in a coal cart together rolling down to attack the 2 other guys? So for real, this girl and a zombie ride together in a 4.5 foot by 3 foot metal cart and all is fine? I swear these writers and people behind these shows are getting worse and worse. I am hoping i have this all wrong

does anybody watch the "Fear the Walking Dead" promos? i haven't, but saw tonights. Anybody see if they had a girl and a zombie in a coal cart together rolling down to attack the 2 other guys? So for real, this girl and a zombie ride together in a 4.5 foot by 3 foot metal cart and all is fine? I swear these writers and people behind these shows are getting worse and worse. I am hoping i have this all wrong
Would not surprise me. Those writers are awful.

Wait... Sasha is dead and Jesus is gay. 

Yes?
i can't figure out what happened. Outside of the 3 minute conversation with Darrell and Maggie about Glenn's death, i thought the entire episode was total filler. Didn't it feel like absolutely nothing happened. I guess we did have Sasha run into Neegan's compound with a sniper rifle, which was probably the dumbest thing she could have done. 

My guess is she isn't dead. I think the writers are going to try and tell a component of the comic, and this will just be a total farce. It works in the comic, but in this case the actress who plays Sasha will not have the same look needed. 

My guess is she isn't dead. I think the writers are going to try and tell a component of the comic, and this will just be a total farce. It works in the comic, but in this case the actress who plays Sasha will not have the same look needed. 
That part is what I immediately thought of when they killed off Andrea.  Weird that Michonne and Sasha are filling her shoes on the show.

Why don't you just continue staking out in that building until you get a clean shot? I already know the answer. LoL writers. Also, by trying to assassinate him on your own you are putting the rest of the community at risk. They aren't yet prepared for the blowback. You don't kill Negan, you've seen what will happen. He will take it out on your people. You do kill him, your people could still be at risk from his followers. Stupidity not to communicate this plan to higher ups and wait until Rick is back with weapons and numbers before trying the assassination. And of course Daryl is a hunter who knows the compound, so he should be involved in the mission.

Why don't you just continue staking out in that building until you get a clean shot? I already know the answer. LoL writers. Also, by trying to assassinate him on your own you are putting the rest of the community at risk. They aren't yet prepared for the blowback. You don't kill Negan, you've seen what will happen. He will take it out on your people. You do kill him, your people could still be at risk from his followers. Stupidity not to communicate this plan to higher ups and wait until Rick is back with weapons and numbers before trying the assassination. And of course Daryl is a hunter who knows the compound, so he should be involved in the mission.
This is what I thought too. Not only is it a suicide mission, it puts all their friend's at risk too, regardless of the outcome.

And Jesus is gay? Or did I not hear that right?

is this episode worth a watch, just fast forward or ditch it all together?  The last few posts are not very kind to this weeks show.

Let me guess, another episode where they are slowing building for the war.

is this episode worth a watch, just fast forward or ditch it all together?  The last few posts are not very kind to this weeks show.

Let me guess, another episode where they are slowing building for the war.
Well u also get a couple really emotional conversation s where people cry.  If you can dig that

Users who are viewing this thread