What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

That article was a load of crap. The show runner sucks. This season hasn’t gotten better and to compare this with the show’s best is criminal.

Let’s put it into perspective, this show was not even close to look at the flowers which covers a similar topic. I honestly had no emotional reaction because these were just red shirts thrown in there to solve the X marks which frankly I had forgotten about. As far as Inwas concerned it was just a filler episode where she killed some kids because they wanted it to be controversial and be a water cooler topic.

How about you just write a good show again?

The beginning of the episode was slow but I will say that the Michonne vs kids scene was pretty well done.  They couldn't/wouldn't show her mowing down kids so they splice it with both time jumps with her being pregnant and her mowing down walkers trying to get to Judith in present day time.  It was up there (close) with some of the other really good scenes in the show's run (e.g. The Grove, which is one of my favorite episodes).  Both scenes were about her trying to get to and save Judith.  

The time jumps were annoying at first but in the end I think it worked out well.  I thought the episode was the best in quite a while.  The scars being brands was sorta meh (thought someone took their kidneys and was looking forward to why and when).  Don't know why they had to brand them like cattle, other than the crazy woman trying to get the kids to equate outsiders with animals.  They learned to hunt and skin deer, rabbits, etc.

The woman (Michonne's friend) didn't make much sense at all except that, I guess, they were showing that it's hard to trust anyone without vetting.  At least the episode explains why Michonne changed and isolated Alexandria from other communities and she trusted no one and let no one in the gates.  But I like how Judith made her see that you are supposed to protect those you love, which includes Daryl, Carol, Maggie, etc.  Good episode, imo.  

That article was a load of crap. The show runner sucks. This season hasn’t gotten better and to compare this with the show’s best is criminal.

Let’s put it into perspective, this show was not even close to look at the flowers which covers a similar topic. I honestly had no emotional reaction because these were just red shirts thrown in there to solve the X marks which frankly I had forgotten about. As far as Inwas concerned it was just a filler episode where she killed some kids because they wanted it to be controversial and be a water cooler topic.

How about you just write a good show again?
I dunno.  Not the episode itself but the last scenes were close to some of the earlier episodes imo.  I agree about the branded X on them.  That was just silly how that happened.  But I like Judith's character and her interactions with Negan and Michonne.  I thought the child scene with Michonne and both time frames were well done.  Especially compared to the garbage we've been getting the last couple of seasons.  

Michonne and Darryl magically freeing themselves off camera was one of the biggest flaws in a TV series i can remember. they are strung up well, and next scene has Darrell magically on top of a dude strangling him.
They did show Daryl moving his hands while strung up as if he was working himself free of the tape (or rope?).  He freed himself then got her down, I suppose.  

2 episodes left.. So either this war will be as short as the one vs. The Saviors.. Or they are going to drag it out until next season...  either way :thumbdown:

Guessing the first half of next season will be mainly the war with the Whispers then onto the record lady.. And, if it is the Final season, they will warp it up in a nice little Bow with a reunion with Rick and Maggie.
Guessing the Whisperers will going into next season.  The scene at the end, the two whisperers in the woods... do they see the wagon going into Alexandria or was that the kingdom?  Leaning towards the latter but not sure.  it will bring the kingdom into the fight with the other communities against the whisperers.  IIRC, Carol and Ezekiel do not know yet about the whisperers.  

Guessing the Whisperers will going into next season.  The scene at the end, the two whisperers in the woods... do they see the wagon going into Alexandria or was that the kingdom?  Leaning towards the latter but not sure.  it will bring the kingdom into the fight with the other communities against the whisperers.  IIRC, Carol and Ezekiel do not know yet about the whisperers.  
Pretty sure it was the Kingdom since that is where Daryl said they were heading when they left Alexandria.

Pretty sure it was the Kingdom since that is where Daryl said they were heading when they left Alexandria.
:goodposting:

So much for the Fair ...

I dunno.  Not the episode itself but the last scenes were close to some of the earlier episodes imo.  I agree about the branded X on them.  That was just silly how that happened.  But I like Judith's character and her interactions with Negan and Michonne.  I thought the child scene with Michonne and both time frames were well done.  Especially compared to the garbage we've been getting the last couple of seasons.  
I understand but it just seemed so forced to me. I can almost see the writing room (with the showrunner being lauded in the article for garbage seasons) where someone mentions Shireen dying in GOTs and then the bring up how awesome the look at the flowers episode was and that’s where the idea of Michonne killing kids came from. I mean she is having a hard time stopping a 6 year old from knifing her and has to cut off his head? Maybe the butt of her sword to the side of his head knocks him out.

I like Judith, but it was such a bad back story. It reminded me of the garbage pail kids who forgot to speak English a few months after zombies. Michonne’s good friend turning into a crazy kid taking woman? Even the governor and Negan were just power hungry guys who did what they had to to keep power. I’ll even concede Alpha is the same and probably also has some psychotic tendencies (killing her husband). This, however, seemed like a normal lady who was Michonne’s friend and it was just over the top to me just to get some stupid X and kill some kids for spectacle.

Yeah, no way I'd watch this crap if I had to sit through the commercials too, no way.   lol.   

Chocolate!

9 months pregnant ninja.

Daryl getting duped by kids and then absent during the action, busy tying up a guy I guess, was a huge gaffe. 

Killing kids is the kind of dark place I've been saying this show needs to go to, so there is that I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, no way I'd watch this crap if I had to sit through the commercials too, no way.   lol.   

Chocolate!

9 months pregnant ninja.

Daryl getting duped by kids and then absent during the action, busy tying up a guy I guess, was a huge gaffe. 

Killing kids is the kind of dark place I've been saying this show needs to go to, so there is that I guess.
Whisperer baby is no go, but making up a back story for the Xs is perfect. Now we go back to the soap opera because damn it, I want to see Cowboys and the old couple watching Shrek. 

modogg said:
disagree a bit. Michonne and Darryl magically freeing themselves off camera was one of the biggest flaws in a TV series i can remember. they are strung up well, and next scene has Darrell magically on top of a dude strangling him.

Not to even explain anything about the group. Why brand people? what purpose does that have? are we supposed to feel Jocelyn was spying on Michonne before showing up? 

if it is another show that has built up a lot of credibility with it's audience some of this can be overlooked. When it comes to Walking Dead it is the opposite
Yeah, it was a little weak, but at the very beginning of the first scene that showed them after being captured, Daryl was working on untying his bindings 

I'll just say it... I like watching this show.  I mean, it's because I let go of the idea that it used to be so good - like actually good and not just mindless fun - and decided to enjoy it for what it is now rather than wishing it was something it hasn't been for a long time.  It's not appointment television or anything, but I DVR it and look forward to watching it sometime over the next day or two.

If you don't take it so seriously it's still pretty entertaining.  If you get mad at things like Carol's line about the movies instead of just rolling your eyes or groaning, you're probably taking it too seriously.

Plus, it's fair time!!!   :suds:
This is pretty much where I'm at with TWD. 

That being said, I thought these last 2 eps (Daryl vs Beta, Michonne/Daryl backstory) were the best in quite a while. 

Did we know Michonne's "friend" (the teacher) before this episode? I didn't remember her, but wasn't sure if we were supposed to just infer from their conversation that she was an old friend, or if they had crossed paths on the show at some point and I just forgot about it. 

This is pretty much where I'm at with TWD. 

That being said, I thought these last 2 eps (Daryl vs Beta, Michonne/Daryl backstory) were the best in quite a while. 

Did we know Michonne's "friend" (the teacher) before this episode? I didn't remember her, but wasn't sure if we were supposed to just infer from their conversation that she was an old friend, or if they had crossed paths on the show at some point and I just forgot about it. 
Old friend. She said she hadn’t seen Michonne in 15 years, before all the zombies. That’s part of the reason I didn’t like the episode. It was literally a person and kids all to get Michonne to go to the fair. It was backstory that had no connection to anything and aside from making Michonne so grumpy it was just trying to be controversial. Makes me laugh at that article trying to fall all over itself to make the current show runner look good when she’s been awful. This season hasn’t been good and there is no way this episode is even close to the best and it pales IMHO in comparison to The Grove where Carol makes Lizzie look at the flowers. There was some build up with Lizzie and I could have cared less about Michonne’s rampage. 

The episode was decent.  There were times when I was getting bored and started playing a game on my phone.  There were then times when I was actually impressed.  It was nice to have a little better understanding of what happened in the past.  I'm still waiting for a complete episode of being good though.

The episode was decent.  There were times when I was getting bored and started playing a game on my phone.  There were then times when I was actually impressed.  It was nice to have a little better understanding of what happened in the past.  I'm still waiting for a complete episode of being good though.
Yep, this is where I was. Almost turned it off a few times because I was bored. But it got me through my time on the elliptical, which is all I really look for in an episode anymore.

tonydead said:

Chocolate!

9 months pregnant ninja.

When Daryl FINALLY came out of the building he was holding a bloody knife so I guess we are to assume he killed his way out. :shrug:

Didn't notice any commercial issues on my end.  The last few episodes they show a brief clip of what's ahead and then say "TWD will return in 90 seconds" but they've been doing that for several weeks now.  Then that previous scene shown comes back into context.  
I thought that's what they were doing, too. I started fast forwarding through the "snippets" thinking they were previews for what was upcoming. But apparently it affected everyone who watched the show on DirecTV (me included). Tons of tweets. This is the same as what I saw:

https://twitter.com/G33kyMick/status/1107465369646702592?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1107465369646702592&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffanfest.com%2F2019%2F03%2F18%2Fdisrupted-viewing-the-walking-dead-directtv%2F

Once I finally realized what was happening, I didn't even bother rewinding to see what I'd missed.

:coffee:   starting to not care

I'll still watch but ugh, how I miss the fantastic seasons.
thought they did pretty good with this one. little different then the way it played out in the comic, but happy it did. hate sounding mean but

couldn't be happier to finally be rid of Tara

some of the new characters are getting some development too. Show has burned all of us for years, but there is still some good story if they don't screw it up. if they follow Neegan's arc like the comic people will like it

Ugh that was bad, just so many dumb parts.

That girl better kill Henry next week or this season is a total waste. That would be the only pay off to save it.  

thought they did pretty good with this one. little different then the way it played out in the comic, but happy it did. hate sounding mean but

couldn't be happier to finally be rid of Tara

some of the new characters are getting some development too. Show has burned all of us for years, but there is still some good story if they don't screw it up. if they follow Neegan's arc like the comic people will like it
Agree, glad to see you saw some of the same things. 

Dare I say, that episode was almost awesome!

Henry dead like everyone hoped, and Carl's old girlfriend, I had a hard time picking out everyone's head on a stake, but Tara? HFS. 

@El Floppo you better get back in here.  

And the movie was supposed to be so dumb, but, they played it up like an old horror flick with what's her name whisperer  sitting down next to the new girl.  Good job.  

Yeah, yeah, Darryl super tracker leads them into a trap.  And doesn't throw alpha off the cliff when she turns her back to him.   Willing to give it a pass for an episode that was 100x better than we've seen recently.  

One of the best episodes in the last few years... Some of the Fair stuff was boring but it was needed to setup the ending.

So, Jesus and Tara are gone.. Is Hill Top left with having Eugene lead them? 

Season Finale next week.... Titles tell the story as this one was "Calm before the Storm".. Next week is "The Storm".. :popcorn:

Okay, found a little more respect for Alpha this week.  Walk softly and carry a big horde I always say.  Infiltrating the fair was pretty cool.  We had to figure the new anniversary couple at the beginning was going to die in the episode but that was quick.  

Showing the empty seat next to Lydia and then having her mom sit down was a good touch.  And cool that the cartoon movie that was playing was a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Nice. 

I was halfway expecting Lydia's head to be among the others but surprised to see Enid and Tara.  Not disappointed with Tara; never cared much for her character anyway.  

I don't think the Henry reveal had as much impact on viewers as the producers expected.  I could be wrong but it wasn't close to having the same effect as when Carol saw Sophia come out of the barn back at the farm.  Still... and almost hate to say it but I was glad that it was Henry and his drinking friends.  

Even when Alpha told Daryl the border rules and let them go with the warning, I thought great, it will be Henry to screw it up and run off looking for Lydia.  Was satisfied with the ending and the fact we don't have to worry about Henry screwing up anything else going forward.  

Good episode and I'm looking forward to the finale.  

Ugh that was bad, just so many dumb parts.

That girl better kill Henry next week or this season is a total waste. That would be the only pay off to save it.  

Um, Henry is dead dude. Are you an episode behind?  
I was watching my DVR last night and it got to the scene where they are watching the movie and Alpha comes in and sits down next to Lydia and puts her hand on hers. That was the end of the recording. I thought well that was weird and saw some headlines about deaths, etc and I knew I must have missed stuff. Had to watch a later showing for the final 15 minutes not recorded. Happen to anyone else? DirecTV.

Also, I had seen a headline trying to compare this episode to the red wedding. When I saw Alpha infiltrate the fair I assumed she was going to have a bunch of her followers in that movie theater with knives slitting throats on screen. Especially when I saw her sit down next to Lydia.

I was watching my DVR last night and it got to the scene where they are watching the movie and Alpha comes in and sits down next to Lydia and puts her hand on hers. That was the end of the recording. I thought well that was weird and saw some headlines about deaths, etc and I knew I must have missed stuff. Had to watch a later showing for the final 15 minutes not recorded. Happen to anyone else? DirecTV.
Directv?  Hell no.  And have to assume it's two hour and a half episodes to end the season?  Because that clocked in at 58 minutes without commercials.

I have direct TV as well. Same thing happened to me. I usually start the show like 25 minutes late so I can speed through commercials. I ended up just going to the next thing on (Into the Badlands per the guide) and used the "watch from the beginning" feature to get the last 20 minutes of TWD 

So glad Henry is gone. Completely agree that it didn't have the emotional impact they were hoping for because everyone hated the character. Won't miss Tara or Enid or any of the other red shirts either. Originally thought Tara was Rosita, which would not have been good.

Good episode for sure. Best in a long while.

One of the best episodes in the last few years... Some of the Fair stuff was boring but it was needed to setup the ending.

So, Jesus and Tara are gone.. Is Hill Top left with having Eugene lead them? 

Season Finale next week.... Titles tell the story as this one was "Calm before the Storm".. Next week is "The Storm".. :popcorn:
Granted I guess I missed all the good parts at the end (Henry dead)  

But between Daryl sneaking through the woods at night using a freaking flashlight and no one noticing a complete stranger at the fair (and getting noticed by the king and he doesn't even question it to anyone) when they should be a high alert just ruined it for me.  That said, any ending of a show with Henry and Tara dead could save it..

I don't have DirectTV but my Spectrum cable had the show scheduled for just one hour (9-10).  I was recording but we ended up watching it live and glad we didn't wait until the next day to watch the recording because it stopped at 10pm.  When Alpha sat down beside Lydia in the theater and said "shhhh" it went to commercial.  We were just waiting for scenes for the next episode before turning off the tv.  They came back with Daryl and crew in the woods so we kept watching.  Odd indeed.  

But between Daryl sneaking through the woods at night using a freaking flashlight and no one noticing a complete stranger at the fair (and getting noticed by the king and he doesn't even question it to anyone) when they should be a high alert just ruined it for me.  That said, any ending of a show with Henry and Tara dead could save it..
Found that questionable too.  But, the last episode showed us why Michonne and Alexandria were really the only paranoid ones in terms of letting in strangers.  Guess the kingdom was more open than the rest.  But yeah, if only a delegation from each community was coming to the fair you'd think that a list of attendees would be known by the hosts.  

I have PlayStation Vue and happened to me. luckily I was DVR'ing Into the Badlands so I was able to catch it

Granted I guess I missed all the good parts at the end (Henry dead)  

Daryl leading them into an obvious trap was bad.

I can't believe I'm about to defend something on this show, but, the 3 communities had been separated for some time.  The fair was the first time they got together in what 6 years?  No telling how many people had come and gone in that time.   But, yeah, you'd think they would have some sort of vetting process and security to enter, especially when the whispers are pretty good at disguises.

Did they show henry and the others get killed or just show them dead?
They showed their heads on stakes.   Then the one they left alive to tell the story did while they flashed back to the fighting with the whisperers.  But no they didn't show them actually get killed, just implied.  But, for AMC prime time drama the heads on stakes were pretty good.

I don't think the Henry reveal had as much impact on viewers as the producers expected.  I could be wrong but it wasn't close to having the same effect as when Carol saw Sophia come out of the barn back at the farm.  Still... and almost hate to say it but I was glad that it was Henry and his drinking friends.  
Yeah, like most here, I wasn't a huge fan of Tara or Enid.  But I still think they did them wrong by just making them part of the warm up to the bigger Henry revelation.

Daryl leading them into an obvious trap was bad.

I can't believe I'm about to defend something on this show, but, the 3 communities had been separated for some time.  The fair was the first time they got together in what 6 years?  No telling how many people had come and gone in that time.   But, yeah, you'd think they would have some sort of vetting process and security to enter, especially when the whispers are pretty good at disguises.
lol, same here about defending the show. But I think they made a point to not want to frighten all of the people, so doing something like taking attd. would cause some panic they wanted to avoid.

Agree, glad to see you saw some of the same things. 

Dare I say, that episode was almost awesome!

Henry dead like everyone hoped, and Carl's old girlfriend, I had a hard time picking out everyone's head on a stake, but Tara? HFS. 

@El Floppo you better get back in here.  
ruhroh.

I know you're one of it's harsher critics, so this is promising... but dunno, mang. I don't have to watch the earlier eps to get the gist of what's going down here, right?

ruhroh.

I know you're one of it's harsher critics, so this is promising... but dunno, mang. I don't have to watch the earlier eps to get the gist of what's going down here, right?
it might be helpful to watch a few of the episodes, but you can fast forward through a few sections.

After this episode, I feel a lot less like a moron for watching this entire season. 
it's funny, because it still has some of the horrible ideas/writing in it (the Highway patrol or whatever was just some dopey of an idea), but it saved itself by ending that story line quick. Really seems like they still have 2-3 of their old writers who put in dumb stuff like that, but maybe they cleaned some house

I had a hard time recognizing whose heads were on the stakes.  The only one I recognized for sure was Henry.  I had no idea Tara and Enid were up there until reading here.  

Someone help me  

My DVR stopped recording after the hour mark where alpha sits next to Lydia. Reading a few of the posts I missed a significant amount. can someone fill me in. Im not watching it again on demand without fast forwarding thru commercials. TIA

Someone help me  

My DVR stopped recording after the hour mark where alpha sits next to Lydia. Reading a few of the posts I missed a significant amount. can someone fill me in. Im not watching it again on demand without fast forwarding thru commercials. TIA
yeah, it is crazy how it happened, but the meat of the episode was literally the last 15 minutes. I am sure I will miss some details, but let me try:

1. Darrel, Yumiko, Michonne and Carol left the fair to go and help protect Hilltop if needed.

2. Alpha pulled Lydia out of the theatre and basically told her she was not worthy of being a whisperer and left

3. the top 4 got captured the usual way (fighting zoms, then the whisperers all filled in).

4. Alpha led Darryl from the group (who agreed to not fight back when Beta came up to him and said he wouldn't repeat to drop his weapons). she basically spelled out the rules for how they will go forward. basically she told him to not invade their land, and that they would be fine going forward. she then told Darryl he can leave and meet up with the other 3 up north

4. they showed the 4 meet up, and head to Hilltop. on the way they saw 10 pikes in the ground, and all 10 had the heads of people from the group. the highwaymen, some red shirts, Yumoiko's buddy who was the musician, Edith, Tara and Henry

5. oh yeah, they also had a "feel good" clip with Syddiq who was also captured but was let go on purpose to tell the group what happened.

I have to guess there is a clip on youtube or something with the last 15 minutes because it seems a lot of people missed it

Not bad at all. Still lots of silly. Whisperers around yet no one cares about Alpha sneaking around. Daryl and team deciding to leave right before night to make it so ridiculously easy to trap. The whisperers somehow having thousands of dead all of a sudden when a few weeks ago they were camping and at most had a few dozen.

Oh well, Henry’s gone so that made it worthwhile. As mentioned above, it’s nice to not feel stupid for still watching. 

Users who are viewing this thread