What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* W12 MNF Game Thread: Steelers @ Colts (1 Viewer)

A few observations:

Does Indy run right all day long?

Manning does not survey the whole field. Seems like he is looking at his primary guy from the getgo and will check off to one other guy but that's it. He'll throw it away after that. Maybe that's why he is able to avoid a lot of sacks and injuries.
Can't argue with the results though.
No doubt. But was curious if what I noticed was the truth.

Al Michaels says its curious to call a designed QB draw on 4th and 4 down by 16 in the second half with a QB that had just run for 12 yards on the previous play and is recovering from a knee. Good point methinks.

Why does Edge so rarely get long runs? Is he slow? What's the deal?
They mostly run stretch plays that are designed for 5-15 yds. D's can recover on those types of plays easier. He doesn't bust many up the middle, but when he does it is when he picks up is big gains.

Yes, he's pretty slow. In fact he never did have much speed.As I've said for at least a year or so now, his best asset is that he's a very smart runner. Stays low, good vision, etc. He won't blow by people w/a speedy 50 yd run or amaze you by bowling people over, but he's still a very good RB.

Why does Edge so rarely get long runs?  Is he slow?  What's the deal?
Yes, he's pretty slow. In fact he never did have much speed.As I've said for at least a year or so now, his best asset is that he's a very smart runner. Stays low, good vision, etc. He won't blow by people w/a speedy 50 yd run or amaze you by bowling people over, but he's still a very good RB.
Yes, he is so unspectacular, but probably one of the top 5 RBs in football.

... who led the league in combined yards coming into this week. I'm really surprised he hasn't had a pass tonight. He's been open out of the backfield a number of times, but Peyton keeps throwing farther downfield.

.....with the Colts, yes. On a weak or so-so team, no.

... who led the league in combined yards coming into this week. I'm really surprised he hasn't had a pass tonight. He's been open out of the backfield a number of times, but Peyton keeps throwing farther downfield.
Hasn't been as much since the knee injuries. He use to get a lot of looks on the outside, but not anymore.

Yeah, that's what's crazy to me--how he almost always gets 100 yards rushing and averages 4 to 5 ypc despite not breaking off the long ones. Most backs need the long ones to keep their ypc respectable.Of course, like someone said, the Colts passing attack helps.

David made a great play :shock:OK now even I will call it, game over.In fact.....this IS almost like that 70s MNF game after all! :thumbup: I wonder if ol Bert Jones is flashing back about now.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Roethlisberger sure is garbage without the benefit of a strong running game. Eesh, he's even worse than I thought.

Wow, Roethlisberger sure is garbage without the benefit of a strong running game. Eesh, he's even worse than I thought.
I'd say he and Plummer rely on a strong running game more than any other QBs in football.

i REALLY need a TD out of Edge to have a shot in my main money FF game. Was down by 24 and 120 plus the 100 yard bonus plus a TD gets me pretty close.NOt likely to happen here, though.

David made a great play    :shock:
More believable than Harper :D
Oh cmon, David is easily their worst cover guy. wtf w/not starting Jackson anyway? He hurt?
Man, Harper has been killing us for years! I think we should have gotten rid of either of them and moved Brashir over to CB. Not sure about Marlin.
Bashir was an overrated wuss who was never healthy (like most of our secondary). buh-bye PIT :bye:

Hardly.His offensive line has played terrible (specifically Essex and Starks), he's missed the last 3 games, and his WRs after Ward aren't very good.

Only so much he can do, but he's fighting an uphill battle tonight.

Its kinda sad how the Steelers continue to run the ball. Why not just walk off the field.
Yes.Particularly since those extra yards from Parker just ruined my undefeated season. Stupid Jamie Martin.

-HBD

Users who are viewing this thread