What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ohio hunter ripped for proudly killing bear with spear in Canada (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying all, but many shoppers believe steak magically appears in those packages in stores and does not actually come from a steer.
Most people realize where meat comes from but there is ( as I am sure you know) a wrong way and a right way to process animals. This is true even in slaughterhouses/ranches/farms.

I eat meat (even though I have cut down for health reasons) almost everyday but I don't want to see chickens stuffed in cages so tight they cant move and just walk over the dead bodies of the ones that have died or cows/steers kicked, stomped and brutalized on their way to the "kill line".

You might want to begin taking precautions when going.  Check the area carefully for hunting blinds, keep vigilant, approach cautiously and eat quickly, you certainly are vulnerable during the meal.

Folks eat bear.  I do not find it to my palate, but some bear hunters are doing so for more than the trophy.  that said, if I had to guess, I would guess that the majority of bear hunters are trophy hunters, something which is not for me.
:thumbup:

Like I stated previously, I am not against all hunting. From the little I know about you, it seems like you do it (what i consider) the right way.

I don't see how people think it is a sport to bait an animal, kill it with a superior weapon and then gloat/post/celebrate about it.
This is why I don't call it a "sport" when I bait bear.  Instead I pretend the bear is annoying me, is on my property, or is lower on the species hierarchy so spearing it post-bait becomes like using a bug zapper or an ant or mouse trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:

Like I stated previously, I am not against all hunting. From the little I know about you, it seems like you do it (what i consider) the right way.
These days I do it less and less because of the sensibilities of my wife and daughter.  Now, when I hunt as often as not I harvest the catch with my camera.  I do still occasionally hunt, but not often.  The sensibilities of others do effect me, and that goes, to an extent, beyond my wife and child.

To me the wilds just seem more wild with bear, cougar, badgers, wolverines, martins, bobcats and what not.  I don't hunt predators and I have never trapped.  Just not for me.

I don't see the fun in baiting an animal and then killing it with a spear.
Have a buddy who has way too much time and money.  He and his partner go on these kinds of trip every year.  Last year they went to Alaska and paid tens of thousands for a guaranteed kill of a moose.   Well he showed me the video and a group of guides bait the moose while the so called hunters are hiding in a blind with camo on.  This huge hungry moose come walking up not bothering anyone and starts eating.  All of a sudden they drop it with high powered rifles and are all cheering like they won the Super Bowl or something.  Then they bring the moose head home for their company office.

I asked him.."You call that hunting?"  It sickened me to watch it but I guess it is legal.

The hunting tradition and culture in my family dies with me.  None of the next generation hunt or have any interest in doing so and I am the last of my generation to do so.  We do have a few fishermen among my nephews.

Way to kill an unsuspecting animal. Must be so proud. 
"Known for his uncanny ability to breathe, he was celebrated as a multiple-medalist, taking home hardware in both Baited Bear Kill From Safety and Homeless Dump events at the 2016 Derp Games."

Spearing or shooting or arrowing Yogi while he stands over a pile of donuts and snickers bars.......meh. Not a fan.

I hope this tool and people like the idiot dad & his idiot 12 year old daughter who were also recently in the news get eaten & mauled someday. The dad & daughter posted picks online of dead giraffes and zebras they killed. You are so cool you effin cowards, hopefully we see them getting eaten online one day. The little brat girl saying she doesn't care what people think of her, way togo daddy. 

I hope this tool and people like the idiot dad & his idiot 12 year old daughter who were also recently in the news get eaten & mauled someday. The dad & daughter posted picks online of dead giraffes and zebras they killed. You are so cool you effin cowards, hopefully we see them getting eaten online one day. The little brat girl saying she doesn't care what people think of her, way togo daddy. 
Hoping a 12yr old girl gets mauled and eaten..... Get help.

Have a buddy who has way too much time and money.  He and his partner go on these kinds of trip every year.  Last year they went to Alaska and paid tens of thousands for a guaranteed kill of a moose.   Well he showed me the video and a group of guides bait the moose while the so called hunters are hiding in a blind with camo on.  This huge hungry moose come walking up not bothering anyone and starts eating.  All of a sudden they drop it with high powered rifles and are all cheering like they won the Super Bowl or something.  Then they bring the moose head home for their company office.

I asked him.."You call that hunting?"  It sickened me to watch it but I guess it is legal.
Sounds like a real mans man

You haven't lived until you've felt the joy of taking the life from a living creature. 

So ethics aside, assuming there was bait in that drum is this really any kind of feat worth bragging about?

I mean, I haven't done a ton of spear throwing but I've got to imagine it doesn't take that much practice to be able to throw it 10 yards with reasonable accuracy.  So you throw a bunch of bait in a can, have some people standing around you with rifles for protection, and wait for a bear to wander in within easyish throwing distance and spear it while it's standing still just trying to eat lunch, then wait for it to slowly bleed out overnight so you don't have to go near it while it has even a shred of dying life left in it?

Doesn't seem that impressive to me.

So ethics aside, assuming there was bait in that drum is this really any kind of feat worth bragging about?

I mean, I haven't done a ton of spear throwing but I've got to imagine it doesn't take that much practice to be able to throw it 10 yards with reasonable accuracy.  So you throw a bunch of bait in a can, have some people standing around you with rifles for protection, and wait for a bear to wander in within easyish throwing distance and spear it while it's standing still just trying to eat lunch, then wait for it to slowly bleed out overnight so you don't have to go near it while it has even a shred of dying life left in it?

IT ISN'T.

If a hunter wants a steak why does he kill a bear or dear?
Because you can get decent steaks out of them and it is illegal to hunt steers belonging to others.

In that vein I come from a dairy farming family.  We would occasionally have hunters shoot our cows, believing, they would say, that they thought they saw a deer.  Incredible really, the cow being more than 10 times larger.

I'm not one to feed needless off the teats of the State.  I'll pay for my own penis enlargement, thank you!
It's not to help you it's about wildlife conservation.

adding a few inches to a minuscule donger will save countless creatures

i also recommend the same policy for anyone that runs for office

Work with some guys who went on a lifetime hunt to Alaska, and they kill bear, and other very large animals.  One thing that they all agreed upon was they would never kill a bear again.  They said that the bears had a really awful smell, and the meat was just to nasty to eat, and they couldn't even give the meat away to the locals, or back home to friends and family.  

Work with some guys who went on a lifetime hunt to Alaska, and they kill bear, and other very large animals.  One thing that they all agreed upon was they would never kill a bear again.  They said that the bears had a really awful smell, and the meat was just to nasty to eat, and they couldn't even give the meat away to the locals, or back home to friends and family.  
The bear he killed looked more like a cub. Like to see him try and spear a grizzly and watch the results of that.

It's not to help you it's about wildlife conservation.

adding a few inches to a minuscule finger will save countless creatures

i also recommend the same policy for anyone that runs for office
The fees I pay and the land I own, left fallow as habitat, does more for conservation than many who oppose the activity.  Whether you would be among those I have no idea.  The pro bono work I do for the Sierra Club, Friends of the Boundary Waters, and the Isaak Walton League also go a bit of a ways in helping with conservation.

The fees I pay and the land I own, left fallow as habitat, does more for conservation than many who oppose the activity.  Whether you would be among those I have no idea.  The pro bono work I do for the Sierra Club, Friends of the Boundary Waters, and the Isaak Walton League also go a bit of a ways in helping with conservation.
So why do you need to hunt an animal?

So white do you need to hunt an animal?
I do not need to.  I am not a subsistence hunter.  I choose to for a variety of reasons none of which would make sense to you so you may continue to presume that it is an effort to compensate for a small penis.

I don't have an issue with the legal killing of animals as long as they are eaten.

The celebration in this case was a bit weird, but to each their own.

I was thinking of hunting a bear with some left over C4 or a Clarmore mine.  I could place some left over candy corn from Halloween to attract a few of the big boys in.  

Three pages and no mention of not uploading it if you don't want a reaction?! If people showed a tenth of the interest in exercising judgement in their own lives that they do in asking for it from and exercising it upon strangers, we'd have a lot less stuff to complain about. Or is that the poin......HEY! Laaaawwn. Yes, you did, you ste....gotta go.

I do not need to.  I am not a subsistence hunter.  I choose to for a variety of reasons none of which would make sense to you so you may continue to presume that it is an effort to compensate for a small penis.
So you agree there is no rational reason besides some perverse pleasure?

I was thinking of hunting a bear with some left over C4 or a Clarmore mine.  I could place some left over candy corn from Halloween to attract a few of the big boys in.  
Why not just lure him in to a car crusher?

and if you do....do it in Wisconsin so they can pin it on Brendan dassey

More impressive than killing a bear with a gun though, no?

Not a hunter but gotta think it's WAY harder to spear a bear than shoot one.

So you agree there is no rational reason besides some perverse pleasure?
  I neither implied that or stated that.  You seem to need to buttress your beliefs on the matter.  Please continue to do so through me.  Far better that than that you should target others who may take your bait.   

Good for him. Wouldn't infringe on his rights in the slightest, people should do what they want, and enjoy their freedoms. I might not want to hang out with the guy, but do what you like. I would just add that if you like your freedom to do things, let's not infringe on other peoples rights to like to do things as well, ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread